1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Please vote in the following contest threads: AOTW, Mirror, SOTW Mirror
  3. Please discuss and vote on the fate of the reputation system here.
  4. The forum medals contest is being extended for another month. Check this thread for more information.

How come Kakashi isn't blind from using MS?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives 2' started by Sunabozu, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Sunabozu GB's Ghost

He used his MS quite a number of times but his eyesight isn't getting worse. But it's different for Itachi and Sasuke, they felt the blindness after using MS a few times. Is it because Kakashi's a non uchiha?

2. Spanish Hoffkage Lol. Kisame

Kishi havent think about it yet

:(

3. chrisp Rebirth!

because Kakashi is awesome?:gar

4. Litho Active Member

1: He doesn't have it for as long as Itachi
    2: Even if that I goes blind, it's only 1 sharingan eye, he will always see, though without much perspective^^

5. kazuri Kugutsu-shi

We have no idea how many times itachi used akatsuki 'outside of the story' so we have no idea how many times you can use MS before your eyesight starts to go.

6. First Tsurugi M O T I V A T E D

He probably has felt some of the effects, considering his dialogue with Itachi at the beginning of Part 2, but he's used it only 5 times that we know of, which is far less than how much Itachi used it, and close to the amount of times Sasuke used it except more spread out.

7. Marco Who wants to be King? Moderator

It has worsened.

Thats why he asked Itachi the same question. "How much eyesight have you lost?" or something like that.

It hasn't been very apparent because Kakashi has another eye that has 20/20 vision.

8. Beastly Joker 4 Life

He covers up his sharingan eye most of the time anyways. So it doesnt matter.

9. Grimmjowsensei True Hokage

he probably hasn't it used it that much yet. Probably the process isn't that fast that your eye goes blind after 3 - 4 uses.

10. Dre Hell Up

i only remember him using it 3 times and on the third time he didnt even do any techniques. His eye just changed.

11. Clay The Writing Writer Super Moderator

Yeah, a lot of people have basically said it - he always has that eye covered up, so he relies more on his other eye anyway. So any loss of vision would be pretty much negligable for Kakashi since it's not like he uses that eye normally anyway.

12. Marco Who wants to be King? Moderator

He used it once to take out Deidara's arm.

He used it once to take out Deidara's clone.

He used it once to take out nail.

He used it once to take out Asura Realm's missile attack.

I think thats all but I also feel like I might be missing one.

13. Gymnopedie ♥ Rika's Manslave ♥

I was just about to post this. :lmao

14. MS81 Supreme Jounin

just look at my sig!!!:kthumb

15. Dre Hell Up

oh yeah I forgot about the fight with God realm and Asura. The third time I was referring to was when Itachi used amaterasu and then Hinata saw it and then Kakashi activated his MS but didn't do any attacks.

16. King Scoop Active Member

He's hardly ever used it. And it could be due to the fact that Kamui isn't one of the "true" MS jutsus. It may cause less damage than the ones Itachi and Sasuke use. So in the end he might have lucked out by not being able to use Tsukuyomi, Amaretsu, or Susanoo.

17. αce Puahah.

Because Kakashi = Jesus:zaru

And Jesus healed the blind:zaru

18. hatakashi copy Ninja

kakashi invented the cure for MS blindeness because he is a genius

19. Marco Who wants to be King? Moderator

I pity the ones with the true MS jutsus then.

Kamui is better than them and costs even less. LMAO.

Too bad a non Uchiha has it.

20. seastone A hidden

He only unlocked the MS perhaps a few years ago.

Not to mention he uses it rarely, so the process is not that fast.

21. Psysalis Active Member

Also used it for deidara's clone explosion

22. Naruto Henge! Administrator

^Whenever you doubt Kakashi, refer to this premise :gar

23. bug_ninja Bug

I don't Kakashi uses it enough to go blind. Still, he does have his other eye.

24. Marco Who wants to be King? Moderator

Dude I already said that.

25. Complete_Ownage Laughs at all fanboyism

Because kakashi > uchiha duh

I just blame kishi, although he always conceals that eye

26. Sparky Marky Active Member

he is going blind a bit in that eye because how else could he know that an MS user goes blind at all?? (hence his conversation with itachi)

luckily, unlike any other MS user he has another perfectly good eye to rely on, and a godly ninja like kakashi has no need for silly little things like depth perception :pek

27. The_Midnight_Karasu Neuro-synaptic J-beast killer

2 things to point out...

1. Kakashi surprises Itachi by making specific mention to sight-loss while using MS. Kakashi may very WELL be speaking from personal experience as much as anything. The stress to his body means he can't use it at will like Itachi and therefore he is only in the very early stages of visual impairment.

2. Kakashi may not have an MS. It hasn't been clearly defined if he has MS/EMS/or an advanced Sharingan variant.

28. Luli Member

He IS going blind, but only from the eye with MS.
    It would be the same as when he covers his eye with the Leaf forehead protector (he will still have that bad depth persception LOL)

29. Sage Mode 187 New Member

Lol i can see him now punching in the air thinking hes closer to his enemy than he really is

But yeah Kakashi is definitly going blind. Only thing i find strange is because his eye was implanted why doesnt he have eternal Mangekyo instead of the regular MS.

30. Kumomaru Hidden Cloud ANBU

he has one eye that isn't sharingan, he has no Uchiha blood, it probably is slowly going but he's not going to bitch and whine about it.

31. Amatérasu’s Son Spring is in the air...and I'm sneezing.

Kakashi said at the beginning of Part 2 that he had only recently created a fabulous new technique.

Itachi had been using it for going on nine years and possibly non stop. How many times do you think Kakashi pulled his Mangekyo that we haven't seen? Kakashi didn't even pull it when he was about to be killed by Kakuzu. He doesn't need it on non-Akatsuki missions.

But Sasuke used it several times in a day. The shock to his eye must have been bad.

Mangekyo Sharingan Techniques use about a third or a fourth of the users chakra in one shot. And that is directed through one eye. I imagine it's like overheating an engine. It's just too much. I think the eye just gets burned out. And the more frequently you use it the worse it is. If you space it out the eye gets to heal, and the strain is less overall so the eye lasts longer. Repeated use in a short timespan just runs the engine harder when it's already at the red line.

I think if you use it like Sasuke did, or how Kakashi may have during training, he probably had a vision attack like Sasuke did. Which is how he knew. Because Itachi described it as gradual and at first not noticable.
    1.I'm almost certain that Kakashi is speaking from personal experience. On the other hand he knows about Amaterasu and knew about Tsukiyomi. I want to know what Kakashi's source is for Mangekyo knowledge. Did an Uchiha mentor him after he first got it prior to the Massacre? Did he find Nakano Shrine? Did he discover it being on the ANBU detail that monitored the Uchiha?

2. Kakashi specifically called it out in the Manga when he first pulled it, and it is referred to as such in the databook.
    The EMS requires an Uchiha sibling of equal power. Or at least a very special blood relative. I wonder if the transfer works both ways. If brothers could just swap eyes though? If Madara had swapped eyes before he went blind both he and Izuna could've had the EMS maybe? Ah the mysteries...

32. Clay The Writing Writer Super Moderator

You are kidding right? There's nothing stopping him using it on, say, someone's heart. Or their head. Or their eyes. Or any other part of their body. He could cause some incredible damage with that thing.

33. redman919 Rogue Ninja

it's simple... kakashi is jesus :yell he can't go blind

34. shuraii Member

I haven't read what anyone else said but this is what i Think.

Blindness starts to kick in after a sharingan user deactivates the sharingan after repeated use of MS. Because Kakashi cannot deactivate his sharingan, he doesn't experince blindness.

35. Nois eternal otter-kun

I'd go by the 'Kakashi is awesome:gar' It's the most reasonable.

But If you want explanation:

1. He didn't use it that much
    2. He's not an Uchiha so maybe that's that
    3. He's not using it that much.
    4. He's not an Uchiha
    5. He's Jesus form what the people say
    6. His dad is in heaven, heating up 'em marshmellows with someone important

36. Eternal Pein Amegakure

Think about how many times Itachi used it before his vision was failing for 2 eyes, Now think about Kakashi for 1 eye

37. Sparky Marky Active Member

ur right, there certainly seems to be alot of questions ... and unfortunately they seem to be the kind of questions kishi will not openly answer in the manga. i cant really see a conversation going like:

naruto: hey sensei, where did you get your sharingan? :huh

kakashi: its actually torn out of my old (dead) team mates head. :amuse

naruto: :hmm ... but what about the MS?

kakashi: (super secret answer)

naruto: oh, well that settles that then :) lets eat some ramen.

38. Nois eternal otter-kun

My guess was always that Kakashi was blaming himself for Obitos death all this time and so the amount of grief perhaps steadily awakened the MS within Obito's eye.

39. Sparky Marky Active Member

yeah you may be right, thats a theory iv also come up with, but my point is i dont think we will ever get an answer for sure...

40. Nois eternal otter-kun

Well it was the same with the super saiyan in DBZ. At first it was said that only one guy in 1000 years can become one, then Vegeta got it too and eventually Toriyama had to introduce Brolly and tell everyone that he's the godly motherfucker and the rest of them are just halfbaked fakes.

I can see how Kishi did a simial thing because of fanserving Kakashi fans and now wonders 'how the fuck do i get out of this one'. I feel a stinky shit coming towards us with the Moon Eye Plan:notrust

41. BrokenBonds Blinded by Instinct

He would eventually go blind but he only had his Mangekyou Sharingan for three years, Itachi had them for ten years, but Itachi uses his Mangekyou more often then Kakashi so it excellerated the process. I would give Kakashi a good four years until MS blindess kicks in.

Kamui RULES!

42. Marco Who wants to be King? Moderator

Ultimate troll from Kishi..

Kakashi messes up Madara's Eye of the Moon plan and instead gets himself a shiny bright new eye with uber ha0x powers.

43. Light Warrior NaruHina kicks your OTP's ass.

Sharingan implants allow for the Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan. That is why Madara took his brother's eyes, so that he could use the Mangekyo Sharingan without going blind. Kakashi's Sharingan eye was already an implant to begin with, having originally belonged to Obito, hence why using Mangekyo Sharingan doesn't cause Kakashi to go blind in his left eye.

44. Brotha Ajax Why must I chase the cat?

He probably has lost some eyesight, but he doesn't give too much of a shit, since he has that eye covered up most of the time.

45. Tobirama Senju 二代目火影

he didnt use it as much as itachi? maybe? well thats what i think atleast