1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK
  2. Hey you

Yeah you!

Have you always wanted to impress Gordon Ramsey with your culinary skills?

Well you can't...

But you can impress the NF community by joining the Cooking Contest in the Bento Box!

And we promise we won't make you cry like him.

HoU Section Rules & User Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki' started by Rinoa, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Rinoa Comfy Crew Super Moderator

Welcome to the House of Uzumaki! This is place to discuss Naruto series in general – both manga and anime. Topics include fan favorites, cosplay, general character discussion and so on. . . If you wish to talk about the manga and the Mini Series specifically refer to the Konoha Library (http://www.narutoforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=284). And to talk about the Japanese anime and the Movie specifically please refer to the Konoha TV (http://www.narutoforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8). For the English adaptation of the series refer to the Naruto Dub Discussion (http://www.narutoforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=121). In addition please look at the other sections of Naruto Avenue (http://www.narutoforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6) for other Naruto-related sub-forums.

:naruto

Before you start posting, please take your time to read the forum rules if you haven’t already, and please read the following. Thanks!
    /threads/naruto-forums-rules-of-conduct.1079785/

Rules of the House of Uzumaki

1. Manga spoilers are NOT allowed! PERIOD!
      Some things to keep in mind:
      • Manga spoilers includes any information that has not been shown in the Japanese anime. Any manga spoilers MUST be spoiler tagged. However . . .
      • Do not post latest chapters spoilers at all - not even in spoiler tags! Latest chapter spoilers Pre-RAW, RAW, Post-RAW are NOT allowed until the Telegrams are clean.
      • Consider this as your first warning! If you spoil, you will be given a 1 day ban.
      • When threads are have [SPOILERS] labeled in the title, manga spoilers do not need to be spoiler tagged.
      • If you see a spoiler please kindly use the report button to inform the staff, and we will deal with it.

Please do not forget that while the anime is in the air, manga stuff are spoilers in the HoU, need to be spoiler tagged or warned in the title.

2. Concerning pairings
      Pairing threads aren't allowed in the section so far beyond the existing ones. New threads related to the topic must first be approved by the section mods.
      That also means that no other pairing threads/or threads that lead to the topic are allowed to be made in this forum anymore without approval.
      There is a new subsection dedicated to discussion of pairings: /link-forums/pairing-nerds-united.540/

3. Off-topic spam will NOT be tolerated!
      This area obviously has a problem with off-topic comments and spam, where threads are derailed by conversations that have no bearing on the thread topic or only token attempts while the majority of the post is devoted to off-topic discussion. Another example might be the same user posting different versions of the same response many times throughout a thread or responding to twenty threads with single word answers in the space of a half an hour. There will be consistent banning for off-topic spam based on past offenses as outlined in a user's profile notes. Again, please report any off-topicness if you spot it.

4. NO flamebaiting or elitism.
      This is already outlined in the forum rules, but to clarify. . . As we will be making a fresh start, the staff would really like for all users to feel comfortable posting in the area. We would like for there to be a pleasant, welcoming atmosphere. This is because it's usually one of the first places a young, new Naruto fan visits, and there is no reason why they should be made to feel so terrible about their fledgling posts and preferences as they have been on occasion. If there is anywhere on the forum, where a user should be able to gush and fawn and act silly, it should be here. And, because of this fact that there will be a greater show of force and the willingness to ban in the area. It doesn't mean that every single comment or report of indirect flaming is going to lead directly to a ban, but please be aware that flaming is NOT tolerated. If you have any questions about what is and what is not allowed, please PM (http://narutoforums.com/private.php?do=newpm&userid%5B%5D=149423&userid%5B%5D=83101&userid%5B%5D=146214) us.

5. A thread limit of three threads is allowed per user each day.
      As was mentioned, this is one of the first areas a new Naruto fan is likely to visit, especially since there are such low expectations regarding post quality. So, they might take it upon themselves to create a zillion new thread topics in their excitement at finding somewhere they feel comfortable posting. This is not good. It makes them into an object for trolling and floods the area with redundant topics. This is why this rule is in effect - to prevent this. Another reason for this rule is thread-trending. Someone makes a thread about Ino's breasts and, suddenly, three more threads about various female characters' bosoms heave onto the front page. PLEASE look at the HoU's pages to see if a similar thread topic/or covering the topic already exists before creating your own thread!

6. Please pay attention to the stickies!
      The stickies of the HoU are there for a reason. Please use the convo thread for any off-topic chatter.

---------------​

The House of Uzumaki is regularly said to be one of the areas on the forum that contains the lowest quality posts. People often complain about the repetitive thread topics that have little to no discussion value. And, while we need a place for people to have their silly, frivolous threads, this doesn't mean that quality material is impossible. As it is up to the users to create the quality threads, this is the best way our staff has come up with for helping make the whole process easier. Thanks for reading.

House of Uzumaki Archives I and II

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2016
  2. Hiroshi Advisor

3. Raiden I'm with <b><font color="#ff6600">COCO</font></b>

Seconded. It is absolutely necessary to sticky the favorite character thread?

4. Hiroshi Advisor

Since it's not that active it would easily get lost. I'm trying to think of how to solve this issue atm. Originally the HoU "improvement" thread was going to be separate but I combined it with this one.

An average page has 30 threads on it, and we have 7 stickies. I'm going to wait to see how it looks with a full page.

5. Raiden I'm with <b><font color="#ff6600">COCO</font></b>

I meant to say the favorite character thread.

6. Hiroshi Advisor

Ah the favorite character thread. . . hmm it's a thought. It was always there since TenshiOni so I feel kind of nostalgic (in a way) to not unstick it personally. That and, I've always felt that something like that should be stickied in the Naruto general talk forum. But we will consider it. :3

7. Daxter John 'It's All Fine' Watson

So this is in spirit, the third sort of HoU improvement thread? Is this discussion temporary, or will it just be a constant thing from now on?

8. Hiroshi Advisor

9. Vash the end

The convo thread doesn't need to be stickied. It's active enough, not like it's going to get buried any time soon. There's too many stickies :lmao

10. Stripes wrong direction

Surprisingly enough I don't mind all the stickies. It just seems so empty right now, but due to so many repeats of the thread, and people lack the concept to search for threads amazes me.

Weren't there talk of creating different sections? Like pairings? Theories? Or did I just fathom that.

11. Hiroshi Advisor

We'll re-visit the issue of removing stickies after the first page of HoU is full. I wanna see how it looks then. But that is a possibility too. ;P

It will be empty for the first few days, but it will go back to pace. As for sub-forums, pairings was discussed but it was decided against.

Theories used to be a sub-forum of Library but it got removed due to inactivity.

12. PikaCheeka wants to believe

Directory would resolve some stickies. :edu

13. Hitomi =^● ⋏ ●^=

^ I agree with Pika. there should be a stickied Directory Thread with big titles like Favorites (under it links to all threads about Favorite Character, Hokage, Villain, Kunoichi, Jutsu, Kekkei genkai ... etc.) and Least Favorites with similar threads under it too.
    also the Character Appreciation Thread, need to be in the directory thread, positivity must not be lost among the hate threads.

14. Geralt away fighting dragons

A directory sounds like a good route to take.

15. Hiroshi Advisor

We're going to implement a directory tomorrow.

16. Roronoa Zoro Demon King

The OP of this thread has old links/locked. (http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=892860)

Current thread: http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=815342
    Current thread: http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=818101

17. Rinoa Comfy Crew Super Moderator

18. Vash the end

The most legit thread I've seen in a while, gone to waste :(

19. Rinoa Comfy Crew Super Moderator

OP's themes and introduction doesn't belong in here.

20. Vash the end

22. Vash the end

23. Mael Well-Known Member

I find it very confusing where you have the Official Pairing Discussion and right there is says NO TALK ABOUT THE BIG 3!

It's the Official Pairing Discussion, not the Official Non-Big 3 Pairing Discussion. Please specify kthxbye.

24. Roja Kunoichi Fan

Actually, that's exactly what the thread is. The decision was made that you talk about NaruHina, NaruSaku, & SasuSaku in one thread and all other pairings (except those mentioned 3) are discussed in the other thread. That also means that no other pairing threads are allowed to be made in this forum anymore.

25. Mael Well-Known Member

That still sounds very dumb, because I felt that Big 3 thread should be more for debate and the Official Pairing Thread to be an anything goes thread where things could be discussed a little more peaceably. I figured it's legit to make no other pairing threads possible even if I'd rather do away with them all entirely but it doesn't make much sense to me to call it the Official Pairing Thread and not specify in the title itself. It defeats the purpose behind its vague title.

But hey I guess I'm the asshole.

26. Hyuuga Hinata HomicidalGrape

You can make a favorite pairings thread and sticky it at the top with a bunch of options. Just like bleach forum on here.

27. Hiroshi Advisor

We decided for now to not have such a thread for a couple reasons. Polling threads like that are easily derailed to debates, susceptible to dupe voting, etc. For now until the community shows that they can handle pairing threads without flaming/much intervention on our part we're going to hold off on a poll. I hope you understand.

--

Also we have promoted Kenneth to our mod team for the House of Uzumaki!
    :naruto

28. Bontakun Maple Royal Guard

Welcome Kenneth!! Hope you brought plenty of aspirin!!!

:noworries

29. Raiden I'm with <b><font color="#ff6600">COCO</font></b>

Maybe you guys can make the picture that won a bit bigger for the section? It looks a little squished.

30. Kenneth

FEED.

Administrator

Unfortunately, we can't because that same image appears when you view the section hub... It would stretch the page until it had three new assholes.

It was something that was overlooked when we made the contest, we're sorry about that. Next time we will keep those dimensions in mind.

31. Mael Well-Known Member

I see my thoughts on the Big 3 Debate Thread were once again vindicated. I guess it's rinse and repeat until my theory gets fully proven, huh?

32. Kenneth

FEED.

Administrator

33. Mael Well-Known Member

This was before you were a mod and when I surmised to...Hiro...about how the Big 3 Debate section is an infinite loop of debate, argument, flamebaiting, closing, banning, more closing, reset, and repeat.

I said to do away with it entirely but nope apparently every time the Big 3 Debate section is rehashed, the naive optimism of mods is exposed and people are at each others' throats for some of the dumbest shit imaginable.

34. Seto Kaiba God Hand Crusher

It's an endless cycle, embrace the chaos.

35. Geralt away fighting dragons

36. Mael Well-Known Member

37. Kenneth

FEED.

Administrator

I feel inclined to agree with that (especially the bolded), but on the other hand, if it isn't discussed in here then pairing threads will pop up here, there, and everywhere. Keeping it all in one thread might be the best option (for now). Yes, it ends up the same way every time and it's usually filled with the same people that are very prone to flaming and baiting and other bullshit, but at least it's all in the same place where we can easily check if something's up.

If you have another solution that wouldn't result in unleashing all of these people into various threads, I'm listening.
    We need a ninja dressed in orange to end this cycle.

38. Geralt away fighting dragons

You're goin' out with a BANG! That's how Fū gets it done!

39. Mael Well-Known Member

If this was to be done away with, I guess what I'd suggest is either a mass section ban until flames die down or curbs on what kind of threads can enter the HoU. I'd at the least record the names of frequent thread offenders (jizz ones notwithstanding because they already county) and close down whatever looks like a problem.

It may be seen as authoritarian, but animals do need a leash now and then.

Or maybe more like little kids who don't know how to play nice with their toys. Take the fucking toys away and let them wail until they eventually just stop trying or learn to be on their best behavior.

No...he needs Stando Powah!

40. Kenneth

FEED.

Administrator

I could scar your mind with an imagine containing both her and Naruto (don't worry - it's pretty classy actually but you hate Naruto like the heretic that you are... :pek) but do you deserve such a treat? Have you worked hard, Asuma?
    I've thought of section bans before. I'll discuss this with Hiroshi and Rinoa.

Dat Kyuubi & Naruto.

41. Seto Kaiba God Hand Crusher

42. Mael Well-Known Member

What Paragon means is that you're often sounding of Neville Chamberlain. :zaru

43. Geralt away fighting dragons

I think I know what image you're talking about... :pek NaruFu seems to be pretty popular. I've seen a lot of fan art of them. :hmm

I'm always a hard worker. :del

44. Seto Kaiba God Hand Crusher

wat. HoU and chaotic atmosphere fit like a glove.

45. Mael Well-Known Member

46. Arya Stark .

If they get rid of Big 3 thread then pairing threads would eat all the Avenue.

Fantastic. :iria

No but seriously, that thread is created for keeping pairing talk in one place, unless you have a better idea this IS the best solution.

47. Mael Well-Known Member

Of course Hiro isn't going to listen...not to mention I completely disagree with the entire way she operates with the HoU.

48. Yami_no_Princess Yaoi Fangirl

I agree that the reason the thread got so out of hand is everyone being so emotionally invested in their pairing. I'm glad most of the posts were deleted before I got to the last page. That was getting uncomfortable to read. Seriously who was that and why did they decide to crash that thread?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2013
  49. Rinoa Comfy Crew Super Moderator

Please address any thread or can suggest options, section questions but do not discuss about other members here.

If we get rid of the Big 3 thread, still it wouldn't be allowed to create pairings threads in this section, since it seems we can't maintain an acceptable atmosphere for too long in just one, it would be contradictory to allow others to be created.

It would spread the same problem for several "tribes". :3

Yes, that's the purpose.
    After several warnings, the behavior does not change, is one of the actions that can be considered, and has been considered before.

50. Mael Well-Known Member

Then end it, just fucking end it. If people get fun from these sorts of things, maybe it's better off you put the dogs to sleep or take the children's toys away. It's Naruto ffs. It's a mediocre manga with worsening character development. We're not discussing something metaphysical like Camus.