1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Discussion for the forum medals contest is happening here. Please drop in and give your input.

"Hinata will be defensive. Kishimoto said this in an interview."

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Anki Rendan, May 27, 2007.

1. Anki Rendan ポケモントレーナー/Pok?mon Trainer

I'm guessing this is the right forum to ask for this sort of thing, but so many people have said Kishimoto was discussing Neji and Hinata's areas of expertise; Neji being offensive and Hinata being defensive. I'd like to see this interview. I've read many interviews and not once have I ever seen Kishimoto mention this. I want to see proof, because I'm really tired of seeing this in discussion without proof. Does anybody have this "interview"?

2. AmiChi Deidara is

^Yet another sad proof that some people fail to tell canon from fanon apart :oh .

And no, I don't remember this interview but Hinata is a girl and secondary character and therefore she won't do much fighting in this arc if you ask me.

3. Jonas Banned

i also had an interview with Kishi.. and I asked him ...

Jonas: "Kishi, what purpose will Hinata serve? I mean, they're going after Itachi after all, !"

KishimotO: "Very good question my friend. She will, as she always has, be useless. She might give us a stutter here and there, and I have upgraded how she pokes her fingers. Now it's not only two fingers where each finger is poking at each other, but 2 fingers each! That's 4 fingers!"

Jonas: "SuuugoooooooI!"

4. Nikitaa destruir para crear

Defensive = not Offensive = Doing nothing.

Further explanation: Hinata will just watch the following fights and only some very little panels with her expressions saying "Naruto.." or "What?" will be dedicated to her.

5. Bender A sword for those in need

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

:rotfl :rotfl

6. Anki Rendan ポケモントレーナー/Pok?mon Trainer

Haha, awesome interview Jonas. XD But I'm still waiting for that supposed interview. =p And cool it on the flames, guys. I just want an answer from people who keep claiming this interview actually exists.

7. Splintered Advisor

I've never heard of any interview like this so I doubt it exists.

Maybe they are mixing up the *first databook and misinformation. In one of the translated pages where it describes the teams, it says that Hinata acts as a support for the team. But no where does it say defense or mention Neji, except for the description of his own team.

8. Seto Kaiba God Hand Crusher

I've also heard that claim, but I too have never seen an actual interview with Kishi stating that.

9. Jinchuriki-san Jinchuuriki

Being all-out offensive will just get you hurt or killed. The best offense is a good defense. Even if Hinata = Defensive were true, you CAN attack in order to defend. Thats a basic strategy of combat.

10. KillerGiraffe The Girraffe wills it-

You're so awesome, you know that?

But I think Hinata will be a defensive/agressive fighter.

It seems people think defense is defense and offense is offense, but what people need to realize is that a good defense is the BEST offense. The anime is using the fillers as a base, so we know that Hianta has trained with her defensive style, so it's obviouse that it's turnning out like that, but honestly I can't see her with all the improvment she has been striving for to simply be a wall of protection and uslessness... I can see her kickin some ass, but then again I may be wrong too.

11. jhin22 Yellow Flash of Konoa

Defense wins championships LOL

12. Link Courage

What are you talking about?!:cry
    What basic combat are you talking about? The best defense is a completely overwhelming offense. Combining suprise, skill, timing, and speed to defeat the enemy. What you are talking about is a football team, not ninja.
    And, yes, Hinata will be useless.

13. Jinchuriki-san Jinchuuriki

I said "basic strategy of combat". Its not a rule, but something good strategists can plan to insure their domination on the battlefield.

The Jyuken can allow a Hyuga to exert chakra for defensive and offensive manuevers, right (kaiten, Hinata's filler move)? Dammit, Link, this thread is about one person. Of course Im not talking about THAT legendary football team, The Konoha Ninjas! Im just using that good saying "A good defense is the best offense" to support Hinata IF her being defensive was true. Use common sense:huh

Last edited: May 27, 2007