1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Please vote in the following contest threads: AOTW, Mirror, SOTW Mirror
  3. Please discuss and vote on the fate of the reputation system here.
  4. The forum medals contest is being extended for another month. Check this thread for more information.

Hidan vs. Danzo

Discussion in 'Naruto Battledome' started by PDQ, Jul 30, 2012.

1. PDQ Meta-Debater

Distance: 6 feet
    Restrictions: Baku, seals, Kotoamatsukami, genjutsu, (*edit*)ranged Fuuton(only the Fuuton kunai is allowed)
    Knowledge: None
    Mindset: IC

Each of them is pretty hard to kill. I'm curious, will Izanagi undo/reset the curse, or can Hidan just keep stabbing himself over and over when Danzo reappears? The former would suggest Danzo wins, the latter that Hidan wins.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  2. Kenpachi TZ Away

The question that you really should be asking PDQ, is whether Izanagi can also remove all evidence of physical damage i.e. does the blood sample Hidan have disappear from existence along with Danzo?

3. xigloox Active Member

Even with all of these restrictions you put on danzou he still wins. Hidan is such a terrible fighter...

Danzou decapitates him with a simple wind release of which he has shown plenty of. Danzou could even slice through Hidan's scythe with wind enhanced kunai.

You're going to have to restrict Danzou from using ninjutsu..genjutsu, seals, summons, and just leave him with taijutsu and then you'd have the fight. But at that point who cares. Just make an Izangi vs Ritual. Jutsu vs Jutsu thread.

4. Frawstbite Night

I'd say it's a safe bet. Remember he was crushed at first. Then there is no blood on Sasuke's face afterwards in the next chapter. He was punched and there was no blood on the floor as well. Basically, both of his blood piles disappeared. Could be an art error, but I doubt it since there was no blood left. Kishi couldn't have forgotten to draw it every time.

With an advantage like this, Danzo surely won't fall for the same trick 10 times. His wind attacks have the potential to destroy Hidan's scythe too, since they cut.

5. Nikushimi Savior

Danzou traps Hidan in Genjutsu and cuts his head off with a Fuuton kunai while he's chasing a mirage.

6. PDQ Meta-Debater

Well that was a big part of it. But even if the physical damage/blood disappears, Hidan might have a memory/spiritual imprint of it from tasting it, which may be all the ritual requires rather than physical samples of blood. Otherwise, could you just wash his mouth out? Hence why I left it more generic.
    I was going to just make it Danzo with only his Kunai Fuuton actually, but thought it might be too imbalanced even if the ritual got reset...I'll change it.

I also even thought about making it jutsu vs jutsu too but they don't get as much attention >.>

7. BroKage Active Member

:lmao @ almost all of Danzo's shit being restricted.

But anyway, I would assume that Izanagi would undo the curse because Izanagi erases the remains of Danzo's old body once he revives in a new one. Kishi shows them just poofing into smoke.

The blood that Hidan stole and killed Danzo with would thus disappear from his stock.

If there's some spiritual link that remains though then Danzo has a harder time in this fight, but Hidan would still have to stab himself to kill Danzo before Danzo cuts his head off from behind and without any sensing abilities that'd be pretty tough to do for 11 minutes in a row.

8. CoockiesAndMilf セクシーな少年

Why not restrict Danzo's arms and legs? :huh

I think that even with those restrictions he can get Hidan with a Fuuton sword.

9. Gigo Akatsuki member

Danzo doesn't have knowledge, so he has no reason to cut Hidan's head off. And can you remind me what genjutsu does Danzo have?

10. Hoshigaki Kisame Monster of the Hidden Mist

Genjutsu is restricted.

11. Frawstbite Night

Damn now he doesn't have ranged fuutons? His entire wind style is disabled, this is Danzo with a sharp Kunai vs. Hidan. Of course Hidan could win like this.

You can't beat the referee OP. :blinditachi

12. HiddenCornsHandsomeDevil Active Member

Why is Hidan going to be hit so easily, in character with futon sword Danzo stabbed Sasuke...why is hidan going to get beheaded without knowledge?
    In character Danzo is a lazy fighter relying on Izanagi so he can in all likelihood be killed over until he is depleted. Even if he discovers hidans secret he can't behead him with the limited tech available to him, hidan wins.

13. PDQ Meta-Debater

I'm not trying to make a one-sided match. I'm trying to isolate the fight to a more jutsu vs jutsu scenario of the curse/immortality vs Izanagi. Since people seem to believe that Danzo's ranged fuuton could easily disable Hidan, Hidan can't get to the point of cursing Danzo. Danzo with a sharp Kunai is the closest to an even match I can get with him and Hidan that allows Hidan to curse Danzo, even then, Hidan is at a disadvantage because Izanagi allows Danzo to die countless times for 10 minutes while even with immortality, Danzo only needs to decapitate him once in those 10 minutes.

Keep in mind if Izanagi resets the curse, Hidan has to draw blood from Danzo at least 10 times and get to his circle each time to kill him. That's assuming Danzo's kunai doesn't destroy his scythe before then.

14. DaVizWiz ║╝‎‎ ‎‎╠╣ ║

People becoming upset that you're restricting Jutsu are standard fanboys.

Adding savvy comments to a serious debate is a outcry for attention. Don't take it personal, most people hate Hidan and therefore complain when he's being given even restrictions.

Moreover, Hidan is clearly a more acrobatic fighter, with more agility and energy than most I've seen. Danzo's feats are decent at best, while Hidan managed to pressure Kakashi. In a logical debate, I'm not seeing why Danzo wastes Izanagi on an opponent he has no knowledge on. It's highly more likely Hidan uses curse before Danzo goes all out. If it drags out he deliberately takes a shot just to get blood from Danzo, at which point Danzo might have already used his Izanagi.

As for the logic behind Izanagi vs. Curse, I'll leave that to the people who care enough. It's simply not interesting enough.

Hidan 7/10 in my opinion. Danzo has no knowledge.

15. Frawstbite Night

You take this way to seriously dude. Just to note, I don't even think Danzo is a particularly strong ninja.

True, but I really don't have faith in Danzo's close quarters skills. If he actually used his sharingan it'd be different, but now that you mention it Danzo may be able to win. There is a slight chance, because with only a fuuton Kunai he's wasting little to no chakra and he doesn't have to worry about canceling Izanagi, or re-activating it. I'd still give it to Hidan at the moment though.

A jutsu vs jutsu might have been better in this case.

16. Nikushimi Savior

Well under these conditions, Danzou gets raped. :giogio

The one he (apparently) used on Sasuke when he took Karin hostage.

It wasn't when I made that post.

17. Tazze019 Member

With or Without Restriction Hidan will win.. He can kill Danzo over and over again. Danzo's taijutsu is not that impressive

18. Hiko Seijurou The Scarlet

Hidan is no fodder, but if Asuma could discover that he needs to decapitate him, so will Danzou. I don't think Danzou will get hit to begin with. He was Hiruzen's rival without the Sharingan. He only needed Izanagi against Susano'o.

19. Melodie ̣

OP, to answer the curse vs. Izanagi. I would suggest to make a jutsu vs. jutsu thread, instead of this. Anyway, Izanagi should come in verdict, as it removes all evidence (His blood, etc). He will not be able to use the curse again, Unless he scratches him once again​