1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK

2. The latest NF Newsletter is out (July), read it here
  3. Summer Glow
    The HoU Banner Contest this time is centered on Summer time.
    The deadline is until July 23rd and you only have to click here to go straight to the information you need.

4. Ladies and gents, the Tech Hub has been archived! Any tech-related questions can go in KCC now, and make sure to use the new [Tech] tag!

Hayate the Combat Butler

Discussion in 'Akihabara Records' started by Scorpio3.14, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Random Member That One Guy Advisor

Scanlation for Chapter 291 (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?bqbvujdp5def4bh) is out.

2. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Anime Enthusiast Administrator

I knew Chiharu would be the one to relight passion within Nagi. Next chapter should provide that very needed push.

3. Random Member That One Guy Advisor

Doujin Convention should be fun after all this moping around. I'm glad for it since it may be a chance for a run-in with Luca, though, I'm also just as interested in the old guy Chiharu found in that picture left behind. Good chance he's got something to do with Yozora, I think.

4. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Anime Enthusiast Administrator

Black Magic and Alchemy apparently make the hearts of young maidens throb:maybe

5. Random Member That One Guy Advisor

Especially if they're like Chiharu. Maid cosplayan', doujins and now this? I'm liking her more and more. :ohpek

6. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Anime Enthusiast Administrator

Scan for ch.292 (http://xnothingx.wordpress.com/2010/10/14/hayate-no-gotoku-chapter-292/) is now out.

7. Drunkenwhale Starlit Artist

8. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Anime Enthusiast Administrator

lol, can you really do image training for a doujinshi convention?

And this convention turned out to include quite a few characters. This is probably going to turn out to be an interesting arc.

I almost forgot about that teacher who has an obsession with Gundam figures (Kaoru) Now that was an awkward meeting.

Kazuki, Wataru and Saki for some odd reason didn't surprise me by being there.

Also, I would have figured Kotetsu would be selling trap doujins like Hayate had guessed.

9. Random Member That One Guy Advisor

I'm enjoying the bit of seriousness this arc is carrying itself with in regards to a character's dreams more with each chapter. Seeing Hayate give his 2 cents on dreams made me remember how depressingly unlucky he really is, which I sometimes forget due to the humorous atmosphere of the manga. He should be happy to see Nagi get something out of this convention at the very least so I hope things go well there.

About Yozora, should be interesting to see how she plans to "take care" of things. I wonder if she'll be heading for the mansion or straight to the convention for Hayate, though (personally leaning towards the former). And I guess her dog is the one to tell her about the photo of the 28th popping up and if that's the case, I hope the little thing turns out to be something like Athena's Machina instead of another talking animal, if only to see it fight Hayate later.

Also expecting and hoping to see Chiharu near the top of this newly announced character popularity poll.

10. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Anime Enthusiast Administrator

Scan for ch.293 (http://raw1st.com/2010/09/25/hayate-no-gotoku-english-scanlation-reddevilshn/) is out now.

11. Random Member That One Guy Advisor

I wonder how her little contest against the supposedly popular Maizumi Circle will play out. It'd be a shame to see her put down after having her spirits picked back up with Chiharu's help. I'm assuming Luca's confidence is riding on this a bit too, since it seems she may have been afraid to sell her own material this time around.

Yozora trying to exact revenge on a crossdressing Hayate should provide some good laughs so I'm looking forward to that. I'm also eager to see if Yukiji will ever run into one of Kaoru's figurines he so generously bundled with his doujins.

12. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Anime Enthusiast Administrator

Of course we'd have Hayate cross dressing. It wouldn't be Hayate no Gotoku if that wasn't the case. And I find it very interesting how the last couple of chapters have delved deeply into the realm of otakuism. The series has always been Tongue-in-cheek with certain aspects of doujins, model building, NEETS, etc...but this doujin convention has taken it to a whole new level.

I'm kind of glad that the story hasn't neglected Hayate, and things look to be heating up as far as that mysterious new character is concerned.

13. Random Member That One Guy Advisor

Scanlation for Chapter 294 (http://dkthias.wordpress.com/2010/10/29/hayate-no-gotoku-chapter-294-released/) is out.

14. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Anime Enthusiast Administrator

Nagi passion for doujins seems to have rekindled a bit and I wonder just how much of this plot will be spent on her preparing for her doujin showdown on June 12th?

As for Hayate, the "stage battle" hopefully will be interesting :lmao

And am I the only one who thinks that girl in the poster on page 2 looks like a character from The World God Only Knows..xD

15. Drunkenwhale Starlit Artist

That's right Nagi! The passion is everything!!! TT_TT

I will get my act together, and my projects will have the passion of a thousand suns!!!

You and me Nagi! We're destined for greatness!!!

16. Random Member That One Guy Advisor

I think Nagi's in over her head but I'm looking forward to seeing how far her "burning spirit" can get her in the challenge she agreed to. Of course, it'd be nice and more reassuring if she obtained something else other than passion to help her out in this case.

On the front with Hayate, that was some good quick thinking on his part, but I fear one day he's going to cross a point in cosplaying as a maid that he won't be able to return from. His introduction as "Maid Star" was rather convincing.

17. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Anime Enthusiast Administrator

Scan for ch.295 (http://raw1st.com/2010/09/25/hayate-no-gotoku-english-scanlation-reddevilshn/) is out now.

18. Drunkenwhale Starlit Artist

Geez, everything's coming out early this week huh?

Edit: Geez... That thing of the IGN guys (Matt, Craig, Chadd, and Peer) has really gotten around... A little too much. It's still not old, Japan?

19. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Anime Enthusiast Administrator

The maid cosplay battle was funnier than I could have ever imagined. So many lulz moments packed into on chapter.

20. Random Member That One Guy Advisor

I should have expected such a reaction from the crowd about Maid Star's gender :lmao. Can't say I share their or Kotetsu's enthusiasm about trap-Hayate but it was funny to see.

With Hayate finally meeting up with Luca, I'm even more eager to see what'll come of their interaction once the latter regains consciousness. Even more so than that, I'm looking forward to Nagi meeting her as well as I'm interested in what kind of relationship those two will form.

21. Random Member That One Guy Advisor

Scanlation for Chapter 296 (http://dkthias.wordpress.com/2010/11/12/hayate-no-gotoku-chapter-296-released/) is out.

22. Drunkenwhale Starlit Artist

23. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Anime Enthusiast Administrator

Loved Luca's character but it's really suspicious that she doesn't want to go to the hospital and couldn't even take a taxi. Although, no insurance and cash on hand does sound like reasonable excuses :zaru

24. Random Member That One Guy Advisor

Scanlation for Chapter 297 (http://hotfile.com/dl/83511212/c56ecd8/H​ayate​_chapter​_297​_reddevilshn​_raw1st.com.rar.html) is out.

Well I guess that explains why she was trying to stay hidden this whole time...

25. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Anime Enthusiast Administrator

The dark humor almost reminds me of otters11.

Well, Luca seems to have another side to her when on stage.

26. Random Member That One Guy Advisor

Scanlation for Chapter 298 (http://xnothingx.wordpress.com/2010/11/25/hayate-no-gotoku-chapter-298/) is out.

27. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Anime Enthusiast Administrator

Things just keep getting weirder in this series. We have a Idol who also happens to be a doujin artist that goes through a full performance even though she's suffering through a great amount of pain.

The random, wacky side to Hayate is what makes the series so enjoyable but even I want to know where this is going.

28. Random Member That One Guy Advisor

Loved the spread with Luca in different costumes.

Though they haven't exactly met personally yet, Nagi's impression of Luca after seeing her on stage is already different from what I expected a few chapters ago before Luca being an idol was revealed.

But more than Nagi actually meeting personally with Luca, I'm more interested in if Hayate will be present as Nagi's butler at the time. Luca still thinks Maid Star is a girl so I think it'll be interesting to see what would follow if she saw "Maid Star" in a butler uniform. But knowing this manga sometimes, she may fail to see that both are the same person.

29. PPsycho Legendary Reploid

This arc is getting more and more interesting.

30. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Anime Enthusiast Administrator

Ch.299 (http://dkthias.wordpress.com/2010/12/05/hayate-no-gotoku-chapter-299-released/) has been released.