1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Please vote in the following contest threads: AOTW MIRROR, SOTW MIRROR, PSOTW MIRROR
  3. Discussion for the forum medals contest is happening here. Please drop in and give your input.

Hashirama Senju's Death

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives 2' started by Iruel, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Iruel Video game lovin' genius

He is the only deceased Hokage whose death hasn't been shown.

Nidaime Hokage Tobirama Senju- sacrificed himself to allow his students to escape; probably proceeded to to get gang-raped by 20 A's or Bees.

Sandaime Hokage Hiruzen Sarutobi- sacrificed himself via Shiki Fujin to seal Oro

Yondaime Hokage Minato Namikaze- sacrificed himself via Shiki Dujin to seal Kyuubi in his son.

Hashirama is incredibly hyped, beat EMS Madara, Kyuubi, and Kakuzu.
    I almost don't wanna know how he died if he beat anyone that could come near his power like that. :p

2. Fear dn ǝpısuʍop ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn

Apparently, ''he died in war.''

3. BROLY THE LEGENDARY SSJ Member

yes not every battle of ninjas features exclusive 1v1 arena style battles, he likely got jumped

4. L. Messi [✔] Visca Bar?a

the noob died in a battle :giogio

5. Infinite Xero I/O

Kinkaku Force.

They're Hokage hunters.

6. Jizznificent Your unborn bro

i'll go with these two. :zaru

in addition, the manga mentions something about hashirama and his brother sacrificing him themselves for their village. we know that it was true for the latter so it's most likely true for hashirama as well; he died sacrificing himself for his village in a war or he sacrificed himself for the sake of peace in general.

7. Fear dn ǝpısuʍop ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn

Or termites happend to munch his wood.

8. Hexa probably Dendi Advisor

The second and third databooks don't talk about his death, but the first one does:

Shodai
    Going back about 60 years from now... A shinobi with excelling power collected a great number of shinobi and established a new village. This shinobi was the Shodai Hokage. The founder of Konohagakure no Sato. However, this was a time when the world was at war. At the same time the village began to flourish, he lost his life.​

Nidaime
    The Nidaime is the Shodai's younger brother by blood, who inherited his brother's dying wish and was called "Hokage" after the Shodai died. He endeavoured in the founding of the Academy and the establishment of the village's organisational system. However, shortly thereafter the Shinobi World War broke out. He entrusted the wishes of the suppression of war and the prospering of the village to his successor and died a noble death.​

From that, we know Hashirama died some time between the founding of Konoha and the first Shinobi World War.

9. PikaCheeka wants to believe

Madara had a hand in it.

I've long suspected that Hashirama was seriously wounded at VotE, perhaps so much so that he was unable to properly defend himself or fight in battle, leading to a demise not unlike Izuna's (who, though extremely strong, went into battle blind and therefore died to someone who was likely inferior to him).

That or Madara managed to off him in some roundabout manner.

Whatever it was, I'm pretty sure Madara was involved. As more and more is revealed about him, it seems like Madara had a bit more of the control of the relationship than we first believed.

10. GunX2 Trollin A

I wouldn't be surprised. :maybe

11. BroKage Active Member

They jumped him from behind, obviously.

12. Chibason Sofa King Fresh

Pika beat me to it. But you can bet your ass that Madara had something to do with it.

We shall find out exactly what happened when Madara talks to Naruto towards the end. Believe it.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  13. izanagi x izanami Active Member

14. UltraSynaptic SeizureNinja Seizure Master

Madara seemed to know of a poison capable of suppressing mokutan even before Kabuto announced what it was.

X

Hashirama may have been poisoned.

15. Chibason Sofa King Fresh

Good catch. Although it could simply be something that Madara developed after Hashirama's death.

I think it's possible that Madara poisoned him to supress his Mokuton and then arranged an attack on him or did it himself.

16. Ezekial Does want a custom title

Its highly doubtful that Hashiram defeated Madara and the Kyubi on his own. he had the Leaf behind him.

17. wat empty vessel

I doubt this. Madara has if anything consistently fawned over how great Hashirama was, always beating him. I don't think there's any reason to believe there was any different in circumstance in their fight other than what was depicted which was Madara controlling the Kyuubi and battle Hashirama. I don't find it unbelievable a guy who had purportedly bested Madara on a constant basis and has powers of bijou suppression won the fight (although granted Madara obviously withdrew under unknown circumstances).

18. Mikaveli Head is the answer

He died in battle.

19. PikaCheeka wants to believe

As far as we know, they fought to a draw every time they clashed until VotE.

If Hashirama defeated him all those times, why didn't he ever kill him? And don't tell me he was too nice a guy. You don't let your your clan's worst enemy walk away from you multiple times, especially when you desire peace and he's one of the most dangerous warmongers in the shinobi world. If Hashirama defeated him prior to VotE and let him live, he was either a complete fool or even more creepily obsessed than Madara was.

As for who Madara fought that day, the manga says he challenged Konoha. Whether or not he made it to Konoha before Hashirama confronted him is as of yet unknown.

I'm not knocking Hashirama, as I do believe he did honestly defeat Madara at VotE and the Uchiha just made the best of it, but I think you're jumping the gun to say that Hashirama trumped him multiple times.

20. Roronoa Zoro Pirate Hunter

surprised the databooks were right

21. Jizznificent Your unborn bro

another idea is that hashirama died during war, being backstabbed by an uchiha (in the same squad) who still believed in madara and his beliefs.

22. best Kage ever Mouth of Kishi

IMO he was just becoming old, he looks matured at VotE - like he would have 35-40 years, add 10 -15 years till 1st ninja war and guy is clearly out of his prime, besides he gave away bijuus which was huge powerboost, also we have no info about his death, we only have some overshadowing from Tsunade that he died sacrificing himself for the village

I could see from Kishi pulling something like Shodai being the reason for a war - he had power to outbalance world and villages could plot to destroy Konoha, he could see himself as a reason for a war and killed himself just like White Fang did, thats why people don't want to talk about his death - in this manga strong people always kill himself so i could see this happening
    Madara is probably out of question - after VotE Shodai married wife, made babies and ruled village with no indication that he took some serious injuries in that battle, Madara also was heavily injuried, i don't see him doing anything so soon after VotE, he needed time to heal at least partially his wounds

23. PrazzyP HxH is life

tobirama killed him and took his place as hokage :zaru

24. Addy itachi is everywhere!!

kinko force or the second hokage killed him in secret seeing how much attention he is having lately.

25. Neptun &#32

I'll go with this. The leader probably has their scalps hanging from his belt :lmao

26. Sharingan-Uchiha I'm in your pocket

He tripped down some stairs and back then they didn't have the medical know how to fix him up so they left him for dead.

27. Turrin 玄武

Without the Bijuu I don't think Hashirama was that strong, look at his Tensei counter part. He seems like a slightly more beefed up Yamato. With that said he probably simply got gang up on by several Jonin during the war that had a great deal of knowledge on his abilities because of his infamy.

28. lno Yamanaka Banned

29. silenceofthelambs Active Member

It is possible that Madara, as Tobi, killed Hashirama in battle at some point. And if not that, some nameless group of ninja most likely jumped him from behind and...well, you understand.

30. Hamaru Semi-Active

The 10-tails was resurected and Shodai had to fight him to split up all 9 beast again.The amount of power used for the battle made the world think that the two fighting was a huge war. Madara and Nagato teamed up for the first time durring that fight to take Shodai down. So Shodai was beaten by the 10-tails, Madara, and Nagato...but before he died, he split the beast up once again. The Kage of the other villages came with back-up but it was to late. Madara and Nagato left due to using up to much chakra and the other villages reclaimed a tailed beast. However, Madara took the Kyuubi.

31. Kage Bunshin Master Sage/Jinchuriki/Hokage

I prefer you use another example like :

20 Darui's / C (Shi) level ninja...

32. best Kage ever Mouth of Kishi

i don't think we can judge real strenght of someone based on their tensei performance - just look at Sasori and Deidara

also Shodai and Nidaime tensei were restricted by Oro - had no killer intent and were just toying, thus the reason not to show their real potential they could have

so Bijuus being huge part in his arsenal does not change fact that he himself had to be really powerfull and skilled to gain so much respect from Madara Uchiha

Reasonable argument is that he was becoming old and age downgraded his power just like with Sarutobi

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  33. Hazuki Legend

without bijuu , he used to fight one on one madara prime MS severales times
    so he is much much more stronger than yamato

madara ms = strongest uchiha amateasu , tsukiyomi and susano

however that doesn't make him nvincible , he could have died against someone weaker than madara just because he didn't have the special ability to beat him

it's not because he beat madara ems that he died against someone stronger than madara

34. Bart a lion still has claws

This thread:

X

He was definitely taken out by a celled group.

35. Tempest oh poop

Was Nagato even alive then? Lol.

36. MIMS Legendary Nin

He acted for death in the war so everyone believed he died and then he started his own Senjuice factory.

Believe it! :pek:gun

37. Lord Raizen The Warrior God

I doubt age played a significant factor in his death.

We've seen how 50+ year olds can maintain there power and physical stats in the ninja world given they're are High tier to begin with.

And Hashirama is the strongest of them all. He'd still be leagues beyond any opposition even outside of his Prime.

38. AoshiKun うちはサスケ

Sure he has. The guy is almost everywhere.

39. HawkMan Active Member

A recurring trend is the exposition of a character through death. Itachi and Jiraiya voiced these opinions, that a true measure of a shinobi is how they die...or something to that effect.

But yes, for someone so steeped in legend and accolades, it's interesting that he departed so quietly.

40. Alice arsenic and molasses

Wouldn't it be creepy to know that he lives, but now corrupted? :maybe who knows what is under Madara's mask anyway :maybe

41. hutman Hutman^v6

More to the ** point Madara needs a hand in the Shodai death. He has bragged about him on countless times, and even labelled him as one the first reincarnations of the Sage, he tells us that Shodai raped him at vote, and this is largely accurate knowing Madara's dismal battle record.

Hawkman made good point about heroes and the way they bow out, leaving an palpable legacy - for villains it is the opposite. They need a good killing to maintain hype & enigma. Madara for what we know is all hype, and has no currency; he is an anonymous villain who can only drop empty words which deserve nothing better than ridicule, he is deviod of any real standing. Undoubtedly, the Hashirama death will be retconed to elevate Madara to some sort of worthwhile standing. When I heard he went into Vote to steal some tissue I burst with laughter, just at the sheer criminal pettiness of this Uchiha prince. His performance so far, has been pathetic to say the least. Even when he is serious all I can see is Minato’s Rasengan shoved up his spine; he has a innumerate record of failure and dejection. Now he’s secured his beloved doujutsu combination he might be able to take out Sakura (maybe).

42. silenceofthelambs Active Member

I can feel the hatred radiating from this post. You really loath Madara's status as a villain, don't you? But I suppose I can see where you are coming from.

By the way, asking Madara to defeat Sakura is too much to ask of anyone. Don't you remember, in chapter 782, when she defeated the Sage of the Six Paths with a flick of her finger? She is the Sage of the 1,001.56 Paths.

Sakura > the world

43. Raiden I'm with <b><font color="#ff6600">COCO</font></b>

Certainly possible that he sacrificed himself.

I like the idea of Madara having a hand in his death. It would explain why Kishimoto has more faith in Madara than most posters do. While he is largely perceived a failure who never had an advantage over Shodai, what a twist it would be if he caused the man's death.

44. kisame123 Member

no, no, no... you guys have it all wrong. these guys killed Senju Hashirama:
    Spoiler: Who Killed Hashirama?

Kinkaku Force!!!:wth
    X

45. Judecious Active Member

I won't be shocked if madara was the cause of his death

46. PainHyuuga True Genius

Like the 2nd, 3rd, 4th hokages, his death is most likely gonna be related to some sort of sacrifice for the future of the village. Its the trend.

i'd say this is more than highly probable, so the question is what/who forced that sacrifice, and why.