1. The Konoha Kennel is back! As a subsection to the Chatterbox, discuss your favorite fauna-related topics at a fun and laid-back pace. From animals to zoos, it's your one-stop destination for critter lovers!

Haruhi Vs. Elaine Belloc

Discussion in 'Outskirts Battledome Archive' started by Coffee Mug, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Coffee Mug Member

Elaine at the end of Lucifer when she's become God.

2. Pintsize Super Slueth

:ryoma :ryoma :ryoma

Elaine is like, an actual omnipotent.

3. Densoro wants a goddamn job already.

So just for future reference, is Haruhi (even at full awareness) just a human with reality warping?

4. Shinku Member

At full awareness, she lives up to her status as God.

5. Endless Mike Getting too old for this shit

At full awareness, her brain would shut down from all of the extrasensory input.

6. Shinku Member

At full awareness, she'll have removed the limit/rationality on her imagination and let things happen at will, knowing that she's capable of doing so.

The only reason why Haruhi hasn't taken up the mantle of "God" is because her own doubt clashes with her desire for the existence of the extraordinary.

Case in point, she wants an Esper, Time-traveler and shifter to exist, but her rationality tells her that such things can't possibly exist in the real world, which is why things don't go the way she wants them to. (Even though they actually do, because she desired that they all came to be in the SOS-dan)

"The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi" is a series literally about everything she wants to happen, happening, yet her not being aware of it.

7. FanB0y Active Member

At the end of the series, Elaine is not only omnipotent but omnipresent. Lucifer even commented that omnipresence is one of the more difficult powers to master; Elaine was able to do it.

8. noobthemusical The Master

Elaine>Haruhi

Hell, Archangel Elaine (or goddess or guardian spirit depending how you look at it)

Could probably take Current Haruhi...

9. Shinku Member

Don't you just love omnipotent battles?

10. Hellspawn28 Active Member

Elaine would win this since her feats are much better since she was able to alter things in the universe at will. She also became omniscient after she decided to merge with her universe that she created.

11. noobthemusical The Master

She already was omniscient as seen with the whole don't follow her out line in the bar.

She becamse Omnipresent

12. Endless Mike Getting too old for this shit

She also wants a slider to exist, but there aren't any. Because that would involve affecting more than one universe.

13. Shinku Member

Except there is one.. Yuki Nagato. Koizumi is the Esper and Mikuru is the time-traveler.

14. Endless Mike Getting too old for this shit

Um, no. Yuki is the alien. Do you even know the basics of the series you are debating?:notrust

15. Shinku Member

Uh, yes? Yuki is an alien who can go in and out of different dimensions.

Are you finished playing with semantics?

16. neodragzero Holy Jesus Bolter

And these supposed dimensions were explained to be different universes when?

17. Endless Mike Getting too old for this shit

They are not, in fact her race exists in the physical universe just like any other, they are just imperceptible to most matter-based races unless they use an interface. This was explained clearly in the novels.

Yuki is not from another universe.

Haruhi gets raped against any decently competent reality warper.

18. Shinku Member

When was it established that sliders are beings from different universes?

Ah.. the old ""Try to make the other guy look weaker by expressing them in the power rankings of the other guy's series" trick. Sorry, doesn't fly.

19. neodragzero Holy Jesus Bolter

Ever since you have another fiction where the concept sliders is traveling between different universes. An entire TV show of the name represents the concept well enough. The characters in that series traveled between different parallel universes.

Again, when exactly was it ever suggested that any of the Haruhi characters went beyond just the limits of one universe? It's a simple question.
    No, it's just simple common sense. Haruhi just isn't that special by comparison.

20. Shinku Member

Ahhh. I wasn't aware of that. I always thought "sliders" meant people who can travel through different dimensions, not entire universes. I stand corrected then. =)

When I said "comparing" to another series, I meant "compare to series that regularly deals w/multiverses at the drop of a hat" which the Suzumiya series doesn't, as it's not as epic. But in terms of ability, she's still able to destroy/create/recreate as "God" would be able to.

21. neodragzero Holy Jesus Bolter

You dear sir are in need of some Sliders TV series seasons.
    Except that it hasn't really been proven. With Elaine on the other hand, she fits the bill entirely without any if, and, and but.

22. Shinku Member

Ehhh... I'mma pass. Not too big on sci-fi! (Which explains my ignorance on a lot of these terms!) I'm already starting to lose interest in LOST after all that time-traveling nonsense. =\

Well, it was more "implied" than an actual "feat" as the series seems to gear away from that genre towards more "everyday" Given that this board seems a lot more lax than other boards, I was simply running with implications VS bonafide feats (which, by definition of feats, would mean Haruhi loses here).

23. Endless Mike Getting too old for this shit

WTF are you babbling about?

Naruto doesn't deal with planetbusters, because that's not the focus of the series. However, Pain could easily bust a planet due to his title as "God".

That makes about as much sense as what you just said.

24. Shinku Member

Read post above^ Simple miscommunication on my part.. My apologies.

Haruhi creates and recreates the universe. That's what God can do. Koizumi stated this. And Yuki states that Haruhi can create data out of nothing. Pretty Godly. I forgot what Mikurus angle was, but it was implied that Haruhi was God.

However, her status of God isn't AS an important factor in the grand scheme of the series (certainly not as important as Ellaine, an arch angel, taking the throne of God ), as the it doesn't really put much emphasis on her status, so much as it does on general, everyday life.

How does that compare anything to what you posted?

25. Endless Mike Getting too old for this shit

And so what? That's just a title. Enel was "God" too.

26. Densoro wants a goddamn job already.

Hm...Sorry, but if Haruhi's capable of universal resetting and something <-> nothing transitions...what's stopping her from making a new universe where her opponent doesn't exist if she's aware of her power? o__O Unless we're dismissing Koizumi's claim as hyperbole.

Sorry if this is something you're tired of answering, I'm not too well-read on the Haruhi threads.

27. noobthemusical The Master

Any nigh-omnipotent, can do a universe reset, what stops them is someone more powerful, and createing a new universe does what to someone who can focibly enter, hell you don't need to be cosmic to enter a universe via the void.

28. Densoro wants a goddamn job already.

o_O Guess that makes sense...The enemy could probably hide in a homemade pocket dimension or something like that while Haruhi resets. Huh...Thanks ^^

29. Shinku Member

Haruhi creating/recreating the universe goes beyond just a title.

30. noobthemusical The Master

Elaine could do that too, really you underestimate what it means to be "God" of DC.

31. Shinku Member

I think every God is capable of doing that. What makes Elaine any different from guys who can do the same?

I'm just wondering, cause, well, I'm not too familiar with the LM series, past the idea that LM w/prep, took The Presences' power and gave them to Elaine. (Why he didn't keep it for himself, I'd also like to know)

32. noobthemusical The Master

He didn't take the power, he had a chance to have the power if he choose to take Claim the Throne of God.
    Lucifer didn't want that because he realized an important lesson, becomeing God was not what he wanted he wanted Freedom more than anything. He realized as long as he stayed in the DC universe he would be under God influence so he left and went to the void, the place of nothingness since then he could be free, it's strange really his final choice is also a metaphor for the futility of fighting an omnipotent. He could have become God but that would entail him haveing to rule over a universe sure he could have destroyed it but, that would be wasteing the effort of becomeing God in the first place.
    Elaine had no choice (well she did, but she was to nice to pick the other option), since she was the only other candidate, Michael being dead, she choose to become God.

33. Shinku Member

Wow, that sounds DEEP.