1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK
  2. Hey you

Yeah you!

Have you always wanted to impress Gordon Ramsey with your culinary skills?

Well you can't...

But you can impress the NF community by joining the Cooking Contest in the Bento Box!

And we promise we won't make you cry like him.
  3. Attention!
    Have some bad ideas? This is your chance!
    Send them to Xiammes! Maybe a winner will receive something. I don't know. Don't quote me on that.

Golden Byakugan Really DOES Exist! (Manga Proves It)

Discussion in 'Konoha Library' started by Aeiou, Sep 4, 2011.

Is this evidence enough to prove that the Byakugan is still significant?

1. Yes, Kishi foreshadows a lot through images

52 vote(s)
    29.9%
  2. No, you're just spewing more bullshit

33 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. I want to believe but I'm not convinced

60 vote(s)
    34.5%
  4. If I had a nickel for everytime I saw a thread like this...

29 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Santeira The stranger on the bus

I think Hyuuga is even an older clan than Uchiha and Uzumaki/Senju, may be the oldest clan in the Narutoverse. That is why it was said to be the Konoha's oldest and greatest bloodline.

I'm pretty sure most people would think that it is bullshit that it is the greatest bloodline, but when we speak from the fact that Sharingan has a certain darkness to it and the history of how the Uchiha was wiped out from the village, it would be logical for Konoha to acknowledge it as its greatest bloodline.

When you think of it like this (Hyuuga being the oldest clan in the Ninja world) it is never impossible that the Hyuuga bloodline is somehow tied to the evolution of Sharingan and Rinnegan.

Kishi may go this route (as suggested by the OP), if only to tie some loose ends about things implied earlier in the manga.

2. shikaku77 New Member

3. Aeiou Pumping Lemma

Yes, I've realized that before making this thread, but you guys have to keep your minds open for ideas/possibilities. I've stated earlier in this thread how Kishimoto can make misleading panels/pages into greatly significant chapters. We have to accept all ideas of all kinds when it comes to speculating such things, that's precisely why I decided to include that page.

I found it intriguing how it was showing the Juubi's eye (sharingan tomoe and rinnegan rings were present), but with an additional design for the pupil. If Kishimoto wanted to signify yin-yang he simply could have made it a background, but to put it specifically on something as big as Juubi's Eye, and to place it directly in the pupil... It was too peculiar to just ignore :hurr

4. Angevelinka A curious seeker

The problem is, Shisui comes from Uchiha and always had the mystery air around him from the very beginning, starting from his supposed suicide to his powers till now and that's why author can fill into it whatever he wants later; also, the fact that he favors Uchiha we can expect Shisui and anyone who belongs to Uchiha clan still getting more words getting said to the microphone.

As much as I love Hyuuga and their intrigues, their story is finished and resolved already - animosity between branches faded away, Neji and Hinata train together, Hanabi won 't get plot importance because she has womb and Neji accepted his fate and went into a change from cold asshole into a calm goody. It all could be reverted and displayed back if the author would ever want to contradict his 'destiny' and 'phropecy' stuff he messed up with around the fight with Neji, but once again, Kishimoto makes it look like if he doesn't even remember about it (the same goes to Hyuuga being part of Konoha's past milestones). He only teased us a bit about Neji becoming 'bad' and gave Hiashi and Hizashi a few minutes of hand-slapping. It would be all tolerable if Naruto and Sasuke didn't uncover their shields right now, dooming Kimimaro, Dan and whole Hyuuga storyline into fillers (that, as we all know, Studio Pierrot doesn't do very marvelously).

So... I'm all with kurogan and at least one rookie becoming on par with other two grand doujutsu storylines but... unless Kishi surprises us in good way, I'm skeptic.

5. Santeira The stranger on the bus

^ I agree that the Hyuuga story is resolved. But to relate Byakugan to Sharingan/Rinnegan still wouldn't require the involvement of any of the existing or known Hyuuga members.

Kishi may as well explain it using some diagrams while Madara or whoever is explaining things.

6. Aeiou Pumping Lemma

True, very true. There was a lot of shadiness left around Shisui that allowed for Kishimoto to fill in the gaps, but if I've learned something these last few moments its that the Hyuuga clan is probably the most overlooked in the manga.

Remember this guy? :LOS

The whereabouts of his Byakugan is unknown. The only information we have about it is that he's won it after fighting a Hyuuga, this Hyuuga has still yet to be named, which, like the Shisui incident, allows Kishimoto for open ideas surrounding this shady character. The history of the Hyuuga may have been resolved, but this little black dot on the white blanket allows for a glimpse of light to be shed in their "completed" story :hurr

Also take into realization that it is not the Hyuuga we must be concerned about, it is the Byakugan, which is light years away from being resolved (it is, in fact, one of the most unresolved matters of this manga). So yes, there's still room for speculation when it comes to this, we just have to look underneath the underneath :kaga

7. Good Boy Turned Bad Member

YES, I believe this exist. There was another Thread called Mangekyo Rinnegan. Someome said is this a joke? The Ultimate Doujutsu a three in one thing. But I always thought that was true.

Whether you call it Golden Byakugan or Mangeko Rinnegan. I think that EYE on the moon is the PURE doujutsu of the SAGE.

The first thing I would like to contribute how this EYE lost its power. The Sage's elder son is the first to have the Rinnegan not the Golden Byakugan or the ManRin. Why? For the simple fact he did not have the body to power the eye. The moment the Sage gave his Elder son the EYE(yin) an his Younger son the BODY(yang) the EYE lost its power. Its the same principal as when Itachi told Kakashi "Even though you have the sharingan and you use it well. You do not have the BODY to use it to its full potential" something like that. I think thats why the elder sons eye looks different than the Sage's eye.

I think thats how the Rinnegan evolved(or de-evolved) into the Byakugan. As the Elder son's PURE yin is thinned or watered down the Rinnegan lost its power becoming a shell of its former form. I always thought the Byakugan looked like the Rinnegan without the pupil and rings. Thats why the Hyuuga have to strain to activate it. And the Sharingan came from the Byakugan, the eye gaining some of its former lost power.

I think the pupil thing is interesting. I never thought of the Byakugan having a pupil, I always thought the Byakugan would be the base of the EYE, the Rinnegan would be the pupil part with the rings, an when the Sage power-ups the EYE or activates it the rings get the Tomoes on them to represent the Sharingan. The perfect example of this is when the Sage fights the Juubi. From the story Madara told from reading the tablet. The Juubi is attacking an the Sage stops it and seals it in his body. This tells me(an I'm speculating), that the Sage had ONE encounter with the Juubi, so he fought it(probably to get it away from people)then he suppresses it(like Hashirama does to bijuu) & controlled it(like Madara does to the Kyuubi(I see no reason why he can't do this to other bijuu)he basically using boh his Body(yang) and Eyes(yin) together) while he seals it in his body. It shows the Sage in front of the Juubi, the Juubi is siting there calmly with the EYE that was on the moon(showing the Sage's control over it) while it looks like the Sage is doing a ritual(chapter 467 Declaration of War page 13 panel 1).

Its powers would be a combination of the three eyes(Byakugan, Sharingan, Rinnegan) These powers are
    1. It gives the Sage X-ray vision(he can see the chakra points), and 359 degrees of vision.
    2. It gives the Sage access to the 6 elemental chakra types.
    3. It gives the Sage the ability to predict movement and jutsu by looking at his target.
    I did not put the abilities of the 6 paths of the Rinnegan or the 3 techniques of the EMS because these are techniques not really powers plus the Sage has a better technique, also I didn't add that the Sharingan has the power to power-up either as part of the ultimate eye it doesn't need to get stronger. And his range of 359 degrees would be shorter than the Hyuuga's Byakugan as this is the only ability the Hyuugas had to train and develop. The Technique the sage has(I don't know the proper name) but its "The Creation Of All Jutsu"(I will have use another post to explain how this EYE would utilize this technique).

The last thing may be a bit off topic but Madara said something interesting. In Chapter 510 A Shocking Forbidden Techinque page 12 panel 4 Madara said "Two Of The Six Paths Are Now One Being" showing Madara & Hashirama. Who are the other four paths? Are the four other paths people or just parts of people? He wasn't talking about the techniques of the 6 paths but the paths being people, a Hyuuga could be one of these paths. It may be a bad translation I read but its some info that could prove vital.

8. PrazzyP HxH is life

out of all the golden byakugan threads, this seems the most likely :hmm

good job! +reps

9. Orochibuto Well-Known Member

The point OP is this is en excellent theory an +1 reps for that.

However I think if such a thing existed it would be seen by now, I mean how is it awakened? It is certaintly not through trauma like Uchihas because we have seen Hyuugas pass through horrible things and it is certaintly not through positive like love because Hinata would have it, unless what is required is the sheer feeling rather than situations that are lovely.

So how is it attained? My only guess would be either Bijuu chakra or inserting it in an Uzumaki or Senju body. Even if it is true, and I am no hater, dont expect great things EMS is apparently just a very powered up MS not superior to the Rinnegan, so dont expect GB be a kickass raper doujutsu unless it is a higher equivalent of the Rinnegan, like Rinnegan being a sharingan or Uchiha power inside a Senju/Uzumaki body perhaps GB is a Byakugan or Hyuuga power inside a Senju/Uzumaki body being more advanced than the Rinnegan because it is closer to the Sage than the Uchiha.

Not this shit again, what part of IT IS A MINSTRANSLATION people dont understand?

You cant use it as a proof or even hint because the authour never stated or hinted such thing, this was a thing asspulled from the translators.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2011
  10. lockzero New Member

I have to say that while this is a well thought out and interesting idea I really don't think there is a high probability that this can occur. First reason is that I have a hard time seeing them introduce and extension of byakugan's abilities at such a late point in the manga. Honestly I was really surprised when hinata did that ghost dragon hand technique thingy against pain because I thought they had reached the ceiling in what a hyuga could do. Second, nothing has ever, ever been mentioned about someone within the clan unlocking such an ability. Third, and this is the more speculative reason, I hate to say that as far as I can tell Kishi doesn't have the foresight to do something so in depth. I don't think any of those reasons in and of themselves are enough to discount your theory but when you add them up, well...

11. Fatback Banned

You pretty much overlooked the dialog in that there panel. The yin yang symbol was representative of the power of combined rivals not a foreshadowing nudge sent in the direction of the forgotten byakugan.. Unless you are going to claim that the hyuuga are somehow both or greater.... but lets face it there will never be an argument for that.

12. rplace Member

Good observations and I like the theory. I'd also like to see the Byakugan come back into the story line in a bigger way.

My guess is that you are right, but it was a plot line Kishi came up with long ago and has since abandoned.

+rep for well thought out and supported idea.

13. Flesh Antagonist

Maybe, but I rather see the middle panel as his 3rd eye, Byakugan under the bandage on his forehead. (Probably perma-activated)

14. Appleofeden Active Member

I thought you had manga evidence? Everything u posted is based on your on bias not a shred of "evidence" you just see what u want to see.

15. Aeiou Pumping Lemma

Hoho, that's a whole other theory all in itself :hurr

I've provided statements, and used the manga to further back this up. If you don't consider that proof, then I don't think you fully understand the depth of that word

16. Good Boy Turned Bad Member

The reason this EYE hasn't been seen again is because a TRUE Rikudo has not appeared again. Nagato comes close, be he admits he is no were near the original. Madara may(or may not) achieve this but much later. The Rikudo Sage split his Yin & Yang between his sons.
    The Sage's Eye(yin) = The Sage's Body(yang).
    Madara's Eyes(Yin) and his Body(Yang) are not equal yet. I'm highly dought that just cells from Hashirama's Body(Yang) will equal out both his Yin&Yang. Also Yin and Yang might not need to be the same amount to be Equal. When Naruto was training in the Kyuubi chakra to do Rasengan, it kept exploding in his face an he said it was to hard. Bee said to balance the Black & White charkas it has to be at a ratio of 8:2. When Kakashi and Yamato were teaching Naruto about the element chakras Kakashi said there were 6 types(the five elements and the 6th was Light & Dark chakras). When Naruto asked about which elements were some clans jutsu in? Kakashi said they were in the the neutral Light & Dark chakras the 6th type. Yamato said should we eplain how the Yin & Yang chakras work? Kakashi said No, it will confuse him. The common thing in all these is Eye,Black,Light,Yin being Equal or Balanced to Body,White,Dark,Yang.

After that statement I acknowledge that it could be a mistranslation that have read.

:hmpf Your just mad because everytime you insult or provoke me, you can't see my reaction as I always have on my mask. :p

17. tgm2x There is only despair.

I like the pupil idea but don't call it GB please:quite

18. Shadow050 me wo samaseru...

good job. so of this was noted before (at least by some people) but was ignored. good to see that you put it together in a way that many people can understand without going apeshit and just hating (judging by the first page, that is).

19. Jυstin ♦ R E N E G A D E ♦

Wtf is this? :wth

20. HumanWine Tis' not pee

was expecting epic trolling. ended up finding epic logic

21. principito ★★★サイヤ人★★★

But Kishimoto has actually developed step by step the Uchiha progression and has actually showed its increase in power. I dont think that he just kept the hyuuga progression hidden all this time.

If anything, maybe some hyuuga eyes will be needed at some point and Sasuke will kill Neji and that will culminate his fall to the "dark side", but the way the story has been developed, I dont think there will be an update for the Hyuuga anymore.

22. Susano-o The Auspicious One

23. Aeiou Pumping Lemma

What would you prefer it to be called? :hurr

Yes, I addressed earlier how it would be hard to implement this in the Hyuuga so late in manga, and while most of our eyes are on Naruto/Sasuke 99% of the time. But as I said in OP, I'm not predicting what abilities it would have, or how it would be implemented in the Hyuuga (or so I should have mentioned). But I was merely speculating that the Byakugan itself will have a greater role in the plot, which could have nothing to do with the Hyuuga at all. We've seen that happen with many doujutsu so far. Byakugan could be as straightforward as a significant tool/necessity that Madara (or anyone else) could need/use in the future.

24. VioNi Bite me, Mofu!

25. Hiruzen Master Debater

Great theory. I would like for a possible connection with the other two to be explained thoroughly.

26. Good Boy Turned Bad Member

@ Aeion, What do you think of my thoughts on the topic???

27. Lunarion Member

Fuck this shit, Rikudo's 666 necklace and the All Seeing Eye above his head. Kishi is a Masonic/Illuminati whore, poluting the minds of vulnerable teenagers. I am disappoint.

28. TatsukageX Sasuke Of The Desert

I always thought that the Ultimate eye would combine all 3 doujutsu, I guess Madara only needs the Sharingan and Rennigan for his "Moon's eye plan" but maybe there is a sun related technique if he could combine a Byakugan with his eyes because Byakugan represents the sun....

I always thought that under his mask he will have 1 Sharingan, 1 Rennigan and 1 Byakugan....some third eye type of thing :p

I noticed....

29. Aeiou Pumping Lemma

Mm... Maybe you should make a thread about this? :quite

30. OtakuPoison Konoha's Otaku Guru

@ Aeion: Good catch. Although we're going to have to work on a better name for it though... Golden Byakugan is just to cheesy to me! Seems to me, the name would have to do with gaining true balance between Yin & Yang!

31. Aeiou Pumping Lemma

I agree. Perhaps I should make a thread about name possibilities... :LOS

32. Wizard Sorcerer Supreme

kishi should hype the byakugan and then move on to something different besides dojutsu and rasengans

33. Bart a lion still has claws

Enter: House of Hyuga!

Aeion, I find the term 'Golden Byakugan' most irkesome it trolls the Hyuga, which I really don't like :angrywife

Also those theories and ideas aren't exactly anything new :WOW

34. Clay The Writing Writer Super Moderator

The idea of a Byakusharinnegan is certainly attractive, but that is an awful looking dojutsu. :lmao

35. Crimson Flam3s Rampage Sage

36. Samehada The Tailess Bijuu

I hope this is true, and have the Hyuuga come out of this war with some respect than just being more fodder ninja :giogio

37. GKY Active Member

I doubt the Juubi eye is the golden byakugan, but I guess I wouldn't be too surprised if the byakugan was a portion of the overall eye.

38. Good Boy Turned Bad Member

@ Aeion I don't know about it having it's own thread. :amuse I think it helps your theory about why only the Sage(and maybe Madara later) having this eye, and not the Elder son and Nagato having it. I try to point this out on how this EYE lost its power.

If it needs a name, I rather like the name Mangekyo Rinnegan :quite

@ GKY It's not the Juubi's eye it just shows the Sage's influence over the Juubi while he does the ritual to become its Jinchuuriki and puts/makes its body into the moon(like how it shows Madara's Sharingan on the Kyuubi's eye).

39. Bart a lion still has claws

40. Alexdhamp Diclonius Shinigami

41. (510)THIZZ THE PUPPET MASTER/SNAKE SAGE

FUCK A GOLDEN BYAKUGAN I WANT TO SEE THE YINYANG SYMBOL IN THEIR EYES. ONE OF YOU GREAT ARTIST ON HERE MAKE THAT HAPPEN FOR ME PLEASE!!!

seriously though, you noticed ever since the time skip we haven't really seen neji let loose yet? I prey to god they let him fight black zetsu and he shows a new level of byakugan.

oh yeah, nice find dude!!! i completely missed that shit. I think the 1,000,000,000 paper bombs took all the attention away from that picture of all the symbles in one.

42. Aeiou Pumping Lemma

Yes, yes I've realized this for a while now :sweatdrop that name doesn't have the best reputation, but it's the most known for Byakugan's transition into greatness, I admit, I used that name to attract new and, more specifically, old members who would remember such a name, to take a look at my new perspective of it :hurr

That's why I mentioned at the end, call it whatever you want, just realize the foreshadows Kishi leaves us about byakugan :zaru

I know. I've also stated this in my OP. I had to go over the basics for people not familiar with GB to understand the ideas that were new, especially the last few panel references I used (which in fact, are not old at all :pek)

What? Byakugan looks beautiful! Well, just as EMS causes no strain to an Uchiha, GB will cause no strain to a Hyuuga, and no unattractive veins will be visible! :zaru

You mean Blackugan :datass

Yes, that's be the best way for such an idea to be introduced into the manga. The problem, which many users have stated previously, is how it's going to be implemented, with all the abrupt things happening in the manga currently. Especially seeing how all the top-tier characters are getting all the screentime (Naruto, Sasuke, Madara, Kabuto, Itachi), it's hard for a Hyuuga to get any acknowledgement through all that.

But do not lose hope :LOS Kishimoto has his ways

43. Litho Active Member

44. Susano'o この世界に興味はない。

Hmm.. I really do want to believe it, but my gut really tells me its just coincidental at best. Maybe it will turn out to be something LESS of a "GOLDEN BYAKUGAN" and more of a new thing that the Byakugan can evolve to...

But hey, who am I to say? :D

Great thread though, well thought out, I'll leave this as 'plausible' on my end.

45. Aeiou Pumping Lemma

Precisely this. We have to leave ourselves open to an alternative powerup, but a powerup no less :LOS

46. Chibason Sofa King Fresh

OP is an interesting read....I'm not sure we'll ever see a byakugan with a yin yang pupil...

I do hope for some kind of Hyuuga relevance though

47. IchLiebe Da Sage

All you say the byakugan is useless and fodder but you just don't see how much of a support it is.

Its the best support type users there are. Long field of vision, 350 degree vision, sees everything, close chakra points which shut off chakra, or kill in 1 shot.

Which that is what I see as the YinYang symbol. The ability to neutralize or kill the opponet in 1 shot at anytime.

No I don't think there is another level of byakugan but I do hope there is and if there is then Neji will be the one to have it.

48. Fatback Banned

That would be sweet if GB did get revealed( even though, and lets face it, its a fanfic) and Neji was the one to realise it. In a moment of true heroic epicness he stands up to Tobi revealing the almighty GB, but before he can act he gets one paneled by Sasuke. That would be the greatest day of my life.... Sorry Bart Allen.

49. Kezone Lurker

What if it let the user see a few minutes into the future? A useful power garunteed to drive anyone who uses it insane. Maybe that's why the Hyuugas have conveniently forgot about the Golden Byakugon.

Wait a moment... If my memory serves correctly both Neji and the head of the Hyuuga were connveniently "out of town" when Pain attacked.

Coincidence? I think not.

Have we seen Neji fight anyone other than fodder zetsu clones and a bit with Kisame (though that was really Gai's fight) once in shippuden?Has Neji actualy fought a fight against a worthy opponent that drove him to use even half of his powers?

For all we know he could have had Golden Byakugon for the past few years and never bothered to tell anyone about it.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  50. Uzamaki Nagato Agent of Justice

Amazing thread, OP. I would definitely love to see the Hyuga make a come back in the manga, through at least Neji or Hinata, or some deceased Hyuga of older times. Of course, the Golden Byakugan idea is shit to begin with, and if the Byakugan has to be given an upgraded stage, even something like a 'Mangekyo Byakugan' would do it more good.

Still, good thread. Remembering what Kakashi said about the Hyuga clan being even older than the Uchiha clan and their Byakugan also being older the Sharingan, and also taking into account the Rinnegan's hype and history, I am under the impression that the Rikudo Sennin was probably a Hyuga, who unlocked the Rinnegan at some time in his life.