1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. We're discussing a possible merge of the Naruto and One Piece avenues into the Akihabara subforum.
    Go here for further info . Feel free to chime in and vote.
  3. Please vote in the cooking contest here!
  4. The signature rules have changed. Please, check them in this thread!
  5. CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
    We're not yet aware of the means, but someone is taking over several accounts.
    Change your password as soon as possible, and use this to see how secure it is.
  6. [GAME] Join in on this fun game in the Chatterbox, click here for more info.
  7. Hey folks!

This week, there's a Flash Fiction reboot that you should participate in: here

Don't miss it.
  8. Please discuss and vote on the fate of the reputation system here.

Golden Byakugan Really DOES Exist! (Manga Proves It)

Discussion in 'Konoha Library' started by Aeiou, Sep 4, 2011.

Is this evidence enough to prove that the Byakugan is still significant?

1. Yes, Kishi foreshadows a lot through images

52 vote(s)
    29.9%
  2. No, you're just spewing more bullshit

33 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. I want to believe but I'm not convinced

60 vote(s)
    34.5%
  4. If I had a nickel for everytime I saw a thread like this...

29 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Aeiou Pumping Lemma

I know what most of you are probably thinking "not this shit again", but what if I told you there were certain pages/panels within the manga that can further prove the existence and/or foreshadow of the "Golden Byakugan" (as a lot of people have dubbed it) being reality?

I'm not going to give you any crackpot theories as to how GB is obtained or what one must do to achieve this, I'm simply speculating its existence, further proving that it's not far-fetched to say its real.

First of all, let's shed (briefly) some light on the Hyuuga. Their byakugan is a pupiless, grey eye to which further activation results in a more distinctable pupil. Think of the byakugan as "the eye that wishes to possess a pupil". It attempts this, but never quite achieves this.

Spoiler:
    X

Another thing, evident in the Hyuuga (from what has been portrayed by the most common members, Neji/Hinata), they seem to familiarize themselves with the trigrams, most notably Eight Trigrams

Spoiler:
    X

But think of this in a different light; picture the yin-yang symbol as Hyuuga's trademark symbol, just as the Uchiha's is a fan.

Uchiha's Symbol

Spoiler:
    X

Hyuuga's Symbol

Spoiler:
    X

Now, it has been said that the Sharingan has been derived from the Byakugan. I'll leave it at that for simplicity's sake.

Spoiler:
    X

It has also been said that the Uchiha were descendants from the elder brother of the Sage of the Six Paths

Spoiler:
    X

X

But were they the earliest descendants? No. It's been stated the oldest clan Konoha had to offer were the Hyuuga.

Spoiler:
    X

Alright, I know what you're all saying; "Ok, Aeion. We've seen this 600 billion times before. Where are you going with this?"

I apologize for the repetitive spurting, but I had to clarify the above before I could proceed with my speculations.

Now we're all aware of Madara's plan, trying to replicate the SOT6P and his dojutsu as much as possible for his Moon's Eye Plan, the most he revealed is that it'd look something like this;

Spoiler:
    X

We can see the mixes here, Rikudo Sennin's Rinnegan (rings), Uchiha's Sharingan (tomoe), almost like we're trying to make a superpower with the 3 Great Dojutsu, but alas, you ask, "Where is Byakugan evident in this?"

Recall when I told you to to pickup the idea that Byakugan's main goal is to have a true pupil? Madara has yet to show us this but he's given us a glimpse of evidence through his explanation of the SOT6P's jutsu (middle panel)

Spoiler:
    X

Yes, you see it, the one thing Byakugan could never attain, a pupil. And what does that pupil represent? Hyuuga's "trademark symbol", yin-yang.

This is not 100% proof, but I feel this is nothing more than a foreshadow that the Hyuuga clan is not, in fact, dead weight in this huge mess, and that they will play a big role in all this bullshit. Call it Golden Byakugan, call it Byakugan's Redemption, call it Kentucky Fried Chicken, whatever name you give it, you realize that Byakugan is getting a comeback, and that comeback shall be revealed soon enough!

Thoughts? Ideas? Objections? Trolls? Let the flaming begin

2. Majin Lu Dark Magician Girl

It is an interesting way to see that panel :O

3. Aeiou Pumping Lemma

I usually try to use the hints Kishmoto gives us; "Look underneath the underneath". I always try to figure out how hints/foreshadows he leaves for us will tie into important factors in the near future, instead of trying to figure out how such things will work/come to be, which is totally up to the author :hurr

4. Crimson Flam3s Rampage Sage

5 star thread:quite I always known that the byakugan will have a moment to shine. It will happen. haters gonna hate:zaru reps op it makes sence.

5. Malv213 Crypt Fiend

This is a good catch, I really hope you're right.

6. Andrew Jesus is the Savior

7. Rannic Ice Cold

8. drayergreg psychedelic Sage

9. Aeiou Pumping Lemma

10. Saru slave to ambition Moderator

I have considered the Hyuuga's Eight Trigrams and Yin-Yang symbolism, but I would've never looked into the manga this extensively. Good eye.

11. Madara Uchiha ◊ G O D ◊

Hmm i see where you are getting some of this. At least you had proof and its possible. I still don't buy it but hey it may come at us and surprise all of us.

12. Aeiou Pumping Lemma

I'm glad we're getting a lot of open-minded people instead of downright haters :hurr

13. Crimson Flam3s Rampage Sage

14. Furubodiburo My speech still prevails preach.

I yearn for the prominent character however to be Neji.

15. PureWIN Mr. Prince

Oh wow, good catch. I wouldn't be surprised if the Hyuuga descended from the Elder Son's bloodline. Perhaps the Hyuuga will become relevant again, but I highly doubt it.

16. narutofan012345 New Member

The yin-yang symbol is something very popular in East-Asian countries. Therefore I think it is just a coincidence for us to see it at several pages in the manga. Nothing special.

17. momma bravo Member

non-hyuuga fan here (probably even a hyuuga-hater).

18. BrokenBonds Blinded by Instinct

I always thought the concept of the "Golden Byakugan" was simply a joke.

19. Raging Bird 15 Strong, XVI

Good theory op, I also noticed that Yin/Yang symbol as the mark of the hyuuga a while back and when madara was talking about Izanagi. There might be a chance in where Hinata will be captured by Madara and used for his experiments, That would make the Hyuugas relevant again in the plot and it would certainly allow for a Naruto/Hinata. Not that I'm trying to ship anything with this post; just an observation.

20. santanico eyepatch kun ❤

Good theory, no matter how far-fetched it is.

21. Tengu Kiuuby-chan

I like it, i doubt we will see the GB, but it would be nice.

22. Jane Biscuit Witch

It's called the Golden Byakugam and it's real you tards.

23. Patrick Order Intensifies

RS is a Hyuuga. Neji will realize this and activate the Sharrinegan/Golden Byakugan/whatever hax eyeball you want to come up with and becomes the FV by one-panneling Madara.

24. Synn Well-Known Member

I sure hope that the Hyuuga will be more relevant, like they used to be in Part 1. :(

25. Punished Pathos S?tnos

The yin/yang panel with the SOT6P wasn't relevant to this theory...
    Its only there to help explain the process of izanagi.
    Kishimoto put it there to look cool, The sage and the Juubi never had an eye with a yin/yang pupil.

26. Blazing CobaltX Yuri Trainer on Fire

This only proves how contradicting Kishimoto is. :giogio
    It's almost impossible for the Hyuuga to be the oldest clan in Konoha history, while Konoha is created by the Senju and Uchiha.

27. BlueSky Rena A Girl of the East (Asia)

Kishi can't handle such an epic win as Golden Byakugan (let alone give the Hyuuga clan a worthy panel time). He is just not that creative :(

28. iSmile Member

Don't you think it is to late to see such thing???!!! Think about it... while naruto fighting the FV a background voice of neji "Golden Byakugan!!!!!!!!":argh and then solo's Sasuke and he smash the FV with naruto...

I just think it's too late for that.

29. Yagami1211 This title has been overriden by Trombe!

30. Hasan Well-Known Member

Interesting read, OP. I'm impressed how you spotted the yin-yang symbol in Sage's ritual (middle panel). Who knows Kakashi might be right about Uchiha being descendants of Hyuuga.:amuse

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  31. Necessary Evil Disciple of Thunder

Nice thread, good read, also nice observation skills.

Generally though I highlly doubt that Kishimoto will give further gravity to develop the Hyūgas; judging from the fast pace of the manga always, although I would personally love to.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  32. sabakunay Tobis follower

Very nice thread, this will have to mean something. It is known that kishimoto leaves hints in his covers and in some panels.

33. PainHyuuga True Genius

i noticed RS holding amaterasu just like EMS sasukes Susano

34. Kiss SS: It's canon bitch

35. J★J♥ Vento Aureo

Anyway reps..

36. Gabe Murim Grand Master

still dreaming about the hyuuga being useful or important

37. Nidaime Mizukage King of Atlantis

was hoping I'd come into this thread and see people speculating what the GB's technique would be... so, i'll be the first:

Golden Byakkugan Abilities:

- Full 360 vision, no blind spot.
    - Chakra Levels rise instantly to 6 Gate levels
    - Gentle Fist & Eight Trigrams able to permanently close/seal chakra points

Cons:
    - Golden Byakkugan must be activated through hand seals.
    - Those with the Hyugga Curse Seal cannot activate it.

38. BXisAWOL S-Rank Fodder Nin

39. alchemy1234 Active Member

I'm surprised that a new member like yourself knows about ando and his theories. I've been lurking here since 2005, so i know all about it.

40. AwesomeSmile GET TO THE CHOPPA!

I really hope the Byakugan does get some repect, but I don't see it happening

41. SaVaGe609 Only Sai Fan

It really depends on if Hizashi was released during Gedo Mazo's rampage or not.

42. Namikaze Naruto Sennin

I think it is plausible enough for that to happen, since Kishi has introduced three doujutsu as far as I remember, it won't make any sense if he just leave Hyuuga's behind, considering that we are still seeing Hyuuga's people on this manga on constant basis - I rather say that we are seeing more and more Hyuugas as the manga develop, eventough they are yet to show us their worth as Konoha's noble clan.

We'll see, everything can still happens.

43. Seraphiel Meem Magician

golden white eye? Never go full retard bro.

44. Aeiou Pumping Lemma

But you'd be surprised as to how Kishimoto works, he can make the most innocent of pages/panels become the most significant part of an arc/chapter, he's done this many times before.

A perfect example is how Kishimoto portrayed Itachi to be an evil and heartless killer, in th eeyes of Sasuke through this panel; (bottom right)

Spoiler:
    X

But then, look here, how Kishi twists our perceptions of people in such an easy and swift manner, the truth behind that picture;

Spoiler:
    X

Call it a recon, the fact of the matter is, Kishimoto is a master of deceiving his viewers, or deliberately giving us the wrong impression of things :LOS

True, but remember, before Konoha's beginnings, the world was just a place of clans. Konoha's dirt and soil could have well been Hyuuga's settlement way before Madara/Hashirama came to an agreement. You must leave your mind open to possibilities :kaga

Yes, as nice as this theory is, I'm afraid I see no time and effort to which this speculation could be included into the manga.. Everything has been rush-rush since this war :tomasulk

I'll consider that a compliment, thank you :hurr

45. Crimson Flam3s Rampage Sage

I think byakugan and sharingan both descended from the sage's son and thus thats why they are said to be related. maybe people in narutoverse have the misconception that sharingan comes from byakugan. Also now that I think about it...why does it have to be "golden" byakugan? IMO if the byakugan is shown to have a special stage or something it will be a black byakugan:zaru
    X
    I think it would be black or even a yin yang designor power etc because of the evidence:
    X
    X
    X
    X

most likely black byakugan.. if not then an upgrade or something:datass

46. wibisana still newbie

I think those ying yang not really hyuga symbol just represent ying and yang of Hinata and Neji

47. Angevelinka A curious seeker

Black byakugan would be awesome - both for looking even more freaky than eye veins (alien-like? Eye-holes?) and... well, glinting golden eyes would have to have something necessary changed in the white to look different and it's hard to differentiate within black-white manga where Gold Dust of 4th Kazekage was just as colorless and white as usual sand.

Anyway... I want to believe that and I give you a thumb up for a good catch - I never noticed that even if I never lost hope in that Hyuuga will matter again SOMETIME... but I'm not convinced. Not because it's not a good theory, but because:
    a) Naruto is here
    b) Sasuke will join in very soon
    a+b= stealing 99% of paneltime
    stealing of paneltime = pace resolving only around rasen-sharingans.
    ...which means: no panels for anyone else, including Hyuugas.

Of course, it would be cool to see Neji gain the new upgrade and go against Sasuke all of sudden as a match of spawn DNA mix vs true heritage of Konoha (not that Hinata wouldn't be cool but... she is a woman in Kishimoto's manga), but Neji is weak. We don't know much of his true great power pushed to his limits (472 trigrams? Kaiten ranging 10 kilometers? Chakra push of strength of 10 t?) but we know that Sasuke is a beast fed of author's spoon and that promises Neji being kicked in the face in three panels only to die.

And to prove that Byakugan as a doujutsu is of similar power range Neji or any other Hyuuga would really have to go greater lengths than killing Zetsus and by that I mean soloing or at least heavily injuring a persona like Kabuto, Itachi or all kages at once because sharingan and rinnegan users can do it.

Which is pretty unfair seeing how forgotten and undeveloped Hyuuga is to be demanded to jump that high out of sudden.

48. Hexa probably Dendi Advisor

I'm sort of a fan of the idea that the Juubi's eye is a mix of the sharingan, byakugan, and rinnegan together. But obviously there's nothing visual to indicate that, unlike the sharingan and rinnegan.

Otherwise, the yin/yang on the eye could be because the panel was talking about yin/yang manipulation. The yin/yang symbol is not exactly something exclusive to the Hyuuga clan. It's not even the Hyuuga clan symbol. On the other hand, the Hyuuga clan symbol does sort of resemble the "ball" in the hand of Sasuke's Susano'o, so maybe there's some connection there.

49. αce Puahah.

I'm still leaning towards the Rikudou being a hyuuga, although it would royally fuck up Kishi's origins of the Hyuuga themselves.

That, or the hyuuga are the Uzumaki of the Uchiha. Distant relatives with a dumbed down bloodline.

Also the ying yang is probably just a representation of the ying yang chakra themse Kishi has been pushing. The entire idea of Rikudou was his mastery of said abilities and how he used them with Izanagi. I think people are looking too far into this.

50. Aeiou Pumping Lemma

That actually makes a lot of sense and fits in with this perfectly. Normal Byakugan is white/grey, while the "advanced" form would be the other colour of their clan's symbol; black. Not too bad an idea :datass

And with that, +reps back to you, good comrade :LOS

You've basically summed up all the major realities of this theory thoroughly and pretty well, I might add. It's hard for this speculation to become true reality due to Sasuke/Naruto stealing all screentime, and the Hyuuga filling in such a gap of strength due to their inactive timeline.

But hey, let's not lost hope. Shisui wtfpwned the storyline with all his random powerups, who's to say it can't happen to the Hyuuga? Or maybe a flashback/ little story about a so-called legendary Hyuuga from the past might come into play :LOS