1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Discussion for the forum medals contest is happening here. Please drop in and give your input.

Goku vs Yusuke vs Naruto vs Luffy vs Ichigo

Discussion in 'Manga/Anime Battledome' started by The810kid, May 2, 2010.

1. The810kid Active Member

This isn't a battle this is a discussion of which main character is the smartest fighter when it comes to battle. Also which main character has shown that they are the most adept in training and which character has shown the best promise when developing new abilites. Finally which character adapts to a current situation

2. Shock Therapy Divine Power Monochrome

Smartest fighter in battle: I'm thinking Yusuke
    Most adept in training: Goku
    Best promise with new abilities: Luffy
    Adapts to a current situation: Luffy

3. Demon Eyes Mido Former Crimson King

i would have to say ichigo to all 4, he was able to come up with a plan during battle to beat renji's shikai and find a weakness in it, he was also able to go from almost losing to renji to learning his bankai and beating byakuya in 3 days when it normally take hundreds of years to learn it, he also learned to control most of his hollow powers like going from only being able to hold his hollow mask for only 11 seconds to a full battle with grimmjow and ulquiorra, and he was able to adept to fighting ulquiorra after just being finish fightin grimmjow who fight hand to hand while ulquiorra fights with a sword and a more aerial attack

4. Admiral Towel Banned

goku>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>them all in power. luffy pretty close in power. but goku has skill and stronger power. he can walk easily in heavy gravity. g2 luffy might be a problem. his attack is fast and has range. but goku speed top that. h2 ichigo might be a problem but kamekameha take care of that. naruto you all already know. yusuke i kinda forgot about him. didn't he has that dodon alike ray that that one guy use in kid goku series. and goku block it? so adult goku take them all.

oh wait my bad i thought you swrote this isn't a brain battle.

in planned fight i would have to say luffy. in every fight he create a new power up and grow very fast. like g2 he figure out about his df power after he lose to aokiji. he pretty smart at fighting too. like when he fighting enel who can predict his move. he turn off his brain so enel can't hit him and he punch the gold wall so it bounce back at enel so he can't predict it. he pretty smart at fighting.

5. Demon Eyes Mido Former Crimson King

they arent fighting its a discussion

6. Z Active Member

lol

7. Stilzkin Active Member

Ichigo, naruto, and luffy wouldn't even touch Goku in a fight. He'd kill them all by punching the air.

Smartest fighter in battle: Naruto
    Most adept in training: Goku
    Best promise with new abilities: no idea what you mean..Do you mean who can develop more moves? Clearly Naruto
    Adapts to a current situation: no idea

8. Bilaal #futurehive

Luffy/Yusuke
    Goku
    Luffy easily.
    Luffy again, with Yusuke not too far behind.

9. Clay Man Gumby Banned

Smartest fighter in battle: Yusuke probably

Most adept in training: Going to go with the consensus and say Goku.

Best promise with new abilities: Naruto, more interested in seeing a possible combo of SM and the Fox than the Ichigo learning to bust bigger rocks with his forehead or Luffy controlling Haki.

Adapts to a current situation: Luffy or Naruto

Last edited: May 2, 2010
  10. The810kid Active Member

AS far as the smartest and best adapter I'd say Yusuke. He improvises with whats in the environment and utilizes what ever the hell he can use while most of the others. Naruto and Luffy have trained and use clever tactics from the abilites they have unlike Yusuke who has shown to use what ever. As far as developing training Its between Goku and Ichigo in my opinion with naruto being a close third.

11. Admiral Towel Banned

at the bottom i edit my bad.

12. Level7N00b Stainless Steel

Smartest Fighter: Yusuke. {{Using his shoes to block his energy enhanced fists as a cover to make it seem like he was trying to deflect lightning with his rubber soles was genius.}}

Adept in Training: Goku, easily

Best promise with New Abilities: Luffy

Adapts to a Current Situation: Yusuke, Luffy

13. Admiral Towel Banned

does luffy count in the training? he train with his grandpa when he was a kid.

14. The810kid Active Member

Luffy seems to have atleast experimented with his DF before the seris began atleast that was my take on how he fights.

15. Clay Man Gumby Banned

This topic should have included Toriko.

16. The810kid Active Member

Or using a mirror to reflect his spirit gun at Hiei's blind spot.

17. Level7N00b Stainless Steel

When Hiei had extra eyes all over his body.

18. The Immortal WatchDog don't step in my yard

errr what? Goku and yusuke would one shot luffy using only a fraction of their power...in fact there really isn't a power in the op universe that compares to an S class demon

much less a damn super saiyan

and to be on topic yusuke showed the most tactical thinking..and adaptive learning and dedication with training

to the point where..he was even able to breifly catch an experienced fight like sensui..off guard

in fact yusuke should take all of the catagories minus the training department

19. The810kid Active Member

Now thats what i call eyerony. I know that was the worst pun ever.smile-big

20. Level7N00b Stainless Steel

Yusuke or Goku punch Luffy. GG.

Assuming Sensui has mastered every martial art, landing hits on him is nothing short of impressive.

Yusuke's training didn't always go well. He always seemed to be complaining about something. Genkai borderline tortured him, both times. And when absorbing the Spirit Wave Orb, yeah, not great. And his training with Hokushin, well he was bitching a lot when they kicked his ass.

The810kid: Yusuke relies on luck a lot! Hell, he even said it himself when he fought with Jin and he knew that the Spirit Gun was worthless, "Okay, Yusuke, you've tried everything else, time to be stupid."

21. Admiral Towel Banned

i wrote goku take them all. did i write wrong? did i put luffy? if i did my bad.

22. The810kid Active Member

Yeah no way Urameshi takes the training scenarios although he was gifted he was someone who didn't train to become the best but because he needed to. Yes Yusuke relied on luck but they still were pretty clever tactic that were atleast possible not far fecthed recklessness.

23. Level7N00b Stainless Steel

I just thought of something!

Who is the biggest risk taker of them all?

24. The810kid Active Member

Biggest risk taker I'd say Yusuke or Ichigo. He took a hit from Jin just to try something out oh and the whole shooting a spirit gun in Jins Tornado. Ichigo also takes risks by storming into the enemies base without second thought you know what Ichigo takes this category.

Last edited: May 2, 2010
  25. Level7N00b Stainless Steel

Yeah, I was thinking that same thing.

Yusuke rapid fired his Spirit Gun, and it could have potentially damaged his arm. And he also pretty much shot his own blast into his face, and added with Jin's whirlwind, it would have likely been magnified a few times. Not to mention the Incomplete Spirit Wave could have potentially destroyed his spirit.

However, I seem to remember, "King Kai told me not to go past the Kaio Ken x2 no matter what. But...I suppose it couldn't hurt to do the exact opposite." And he did it three times.

26. The810kid Active Member

I take it back Goku rapes being the biggest risk taker this crazy Motherf**ker put the fate of the world on the shoulders of an 11 year old. He crushed the potara earrings because it would be unfair to fight Buu unfused. Took the chance of Letting Piccolo,and Vegeta live those were big risks.

27. Level7N00b Stainless Steel

Oh yeah!

Goku took the risk of letting so many enemies live. However, Piccolo would likely have come back to defeat him in a fair fight. Then kill him. I assume he'd think it feel empty conquering the world with having his only real threat die prematurely.

28. Clay Man Gumby Banned

Goku, throwing Gohan at cell all on a guess.

29. death1217 wandering ronin

Smartest fighter in battle: tie between Yusuke and luffy
    Most adept in training: Goku, naruto (last time ichigo did any form of training was back in arrancar arc)
    Best promise with new abilities: Luffy
    Adapts to a current situation: Luffy
    hmm definitely goku...... luffy did that thing with water and also hitting Magellan

30. Admiral Towel Banned

that not really risky you know(ichigo) he has friend with him healing people and his mask help him alot. luffy went to the marine HQ to save his bro. even though that place is way out of his league if whitebeard crew didn't help him he be dead already. he went to impel down the toughest prison. to save ace.

Last edited: May 3, 2010
  31. Diskyr Banned

Goku planet busts for the win here?

32. Admiral Towel Banned

oh now i get it you don't like one piece. luffy take a small island spliting punch and survive. a little of their power won't be enough to take him out. he survive lucci largest ring which put a hole in a concrete with just it impact. he survive the burn bazooka(direct attack burn bazooka is a beam) luffy survive after he got a poison hook through his stomach. his will help him survive magellan chunk of poison. i heard last time someone said that goku die from poison.

33. Admiral Towel Banned

not a fight. just who is the smartest figher and stuff.

34. kokodeshide please neg me

I'm not saying anybody is wrong but what smarts in battle has luffy used?

35. Level7N00b Stainless Steel

Lol at islands. Yususke and Sensui destroyed mountain ranges in Makai, which is hundreds of times more durable than Earth just by fighting near them. Yusuke is easily above island level.

But then again, you don't really seem to understand powerscaling.

36. Rice Ball Active Member

1. None of the above :p Would have to say Luffy, hes shown the best ability to adapt, while the others are pretty stupid (aka hit with big sword till it dies!).
    2. Naruto technically has the best training ability (him gaining shadow clones experience and knowledge)
    3. Goku, the gain in power seemed far greater than the increase, KaioKen is an example of this, Goku's power increased by 1000% which is a far greater gain than Bankai and Gear 2 etc.
    4. Luffy, learning soru after watching it once.

Adapting to fight Croc with the water/blood.
    Adapting to counter Enels improved Mantra.
    Watching Soru once, then being able to copy it.

Just a few from the first half of the manga.

37. The810kid Active Member

The others aren't stupid Naruto has shown plenty of tactics in Pt 1. Yusuke has relied mostly on outwitting his opponents to make up for the lack of his strength in the 1st major arc. Goku learned the kamehameha wave after seeing it once. He learned Roshi's afterimages technique while in the middle of the battle and thought of a counter to his drunken style. Ichigo when it comes to battle smarts is last but he's shown a few moments of adapting to his opponents style.

38. LazyWaka Bringer of Darkness Moderator

Smartest fighter: tie between Naruto, Luffy, and Yusuke.

Most adept in training: Naruto

Best promise with new ability's: Luffy or Naruto

Adapting during a battle: Luffy or Naruto.

39. Jinibea Banned

Yusuke

Goku

Luffys

Luffy rapes this caztagory.

Oh an to the catagory who is a bigger risk taker. That goes to ichigo

40. Neelon Active Member

Horrible post is horrible.
    Luffy gets raped in a battle against yusuke or goku end of story.

41. Aokiji Banned

Dude, Gohan was extremely powerful, throwing the most powerful person at your opponent makes alot of sense.

And I must've missed why Yusuke is presumed this smart, he usually just uses H2H and ki attacks.

42. The Immortal WatchDog don't step in my yard

..there is no way shape or form that luffy is superior to yusuke or goku....

a little of their power..is about enough to destroy mountains...and platforms the size of islands...and no i mean real big fucking island irl island not the one luffy tanked

luffy goin die..and he goin die from about one percent maybe six from yusuke

43. The810kid Active Member

Yusuke is presumed smart because of his unusual but effective tactics out of nowhere that are done spur of the moment. An example was he bluffed to break an opponents arm only to plant a cigarette on his opponent so he could use the cigarette as light to make sure he hit his target in the dark. This is just one example of all the clever things Yusuke's came up with in battle.

44. Level7N00b Stainless Steel

When Yusuke was going up against Murota, a mind reader, Yusuke faked him out by doing exactly what he said he would do.

"I'm gonna throw a straight right jab. But I'll stop short just before I hit your face."

Murota read his mind and Yusuke was thinking the exact same thing he said. However, Yusuke's punch created a shockwave powerful enough to knock Murota unconscious.

45. Belly Ranks Sword Storm

Hrm, for me it goes:
    Yusuke/Naruto
    Goku
    Luffy, Naruto can't win this both lost their wits when their bro/friend died. Yusuke gets this due to his line of work, detectives got to be able to adapt constantly. Goku comes in close 2nd though.
    Naruto by far, SM made him a instant high tier in his verse.

Hrm, Naruto for willingly going Kyuubi to pwn Orochimaru then Pain, knowing he can't come back. But then Goku knew going anything higher than Kaioken x2 can be fatal, used a Kaioken x20 in combat and also takes on foes he knows he cannot beat as well as letting weaker foes power up just to test their limits when doing so puts him at a disadvantage.
    Hrm, I'm giving it to Goku for this, Naruto comes very close. Luffy and Ichigo tie for Impel Down/Enines Lobby and HM/SS break ins. Don't know much about Yusuke to give it a say.

46. Admiral Towel Banned

no he said they punch luffy gg.

47. Admiral Towel Banned

if ussop is in this i say he's the smartest figher.

X
    X

he plan every single attack against luffy.

48. Admiral Towel Banned

i wouldn't say what naruto did was a risk. he was getting kill out there and he need the ninetails help. it not a risk. if he did not use the kyuubi that what i called a risk.

49. LazyWaka Bringer of Darkness Moderator

He was doing just fine against Orochimaru beforehand. That also doesn't change the fact that he was risking his life and his friends.

Also, dont double post (or triple post.) They made an edit button for a reason.

50. kokodeshide please neg me

those really seem to fall under adapting to the current situation rather then battle smarts.