1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK

2. The latest NF Newsletter is out (July), read it here
  3. Summer Glow
    The HoU Banner Contest this time is centered on Summer time.
    The deadline is until July 23rd and you only have to click here to go straight to the information you need.

4. Ladies and gents, the Tech Hub has been archived! Any tech-related questions can go in KCC now, and make sure to use the new [Tech] tag!

[ONE] God speculation thread

Discussion in 'One-Punch Man' started by Chrollo Lucilfer, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Chrollo Lucilfer Skill Hunter

So one of the most interesting panels in OPM for me is during Homeless Emperor and Zombieman's fight.

Spoiler:

I truly believe this is some serious foreshadowing on ONE's part.

I'll also add it's a very interesting interpretation of GOD.

Does anyone else feel the same or was this moment some random shit? :wastone

2. Hyperion1O1 Why cant we all unite and just conquer the stars?

http://www.narutoforums.com/showpost.php?p=55020235&postcount=1561

Plus I already think they encountered GOD. Blast must have fought GOD in the past and HA saw the event and added disaster level GOD.

3. Zaru ________________________________ Advisor

Thank you, that was probably one of the first threads I thought of when I knew about this section weeks ago :mako

It could be some final arc foreshadowing, but that's if ONE goes down such a serious route.
    In this weird world, people become monsters for all kinds of ridiculous reasons. If "God" exists, he must be granting those powers. But why?

4. Babbylicious Adorable fucker

I myself do not actually read ONE's webcomic, but from this bit i've seen here and from the replies I read I just hope it's not anything regarding the final arc. I don't want this shit to end yo.

Though on subject of the actual thread it's highly possible we get to learn where Saitama got his powers from, assuming ONE will take a serious approach to this. It could be just random shit too.

Also props to ONE for that design on 'God'. That really looks good compared to his other shit.

5. Chrollo Lucilfer Skill Hunter

I don't quite understand what you mean by the post you linked, could you elabtorate?

6. Hyperion1O1 Why cant we all unite and just conquer the stars?

Saitama saw GOD (or GOD's blessing) when he sent Garou flying, that's why his words were ominous and he was looking at the other direction.

Keep in mind that GOD can only be seen towards those whom he wants to be seen (taking away Homeless Emps powers without being detected by Zombieman).

TLDR Saitama 100/20 vision

7. Hyperion1O1 Why cant we all unite and just conquer the stars?

Actually, if Saitama can see GOD despite the others not being able to, I'd wager Saitama breaking his limiter (Genus' theory on his strength) makes him some sort of a god.

8. Raidoton Active Member

Of course. Both are bald. Don't need more proof than that!

9. Zaru ________________________________ Advisor

Might just be the limits of ONE's art, but there are three characters with that weird ass skin texture:

- GOD
    - Angry/Injured Sweet Mask
    - Monster form Garou

Could be nothing
    Could be something

10. Babbylicious Adorable fucker

Well as... bad as his art is he wouldn't be repetitive for no reason. He is smart enough to drop some sort of hints regarding that.

11. Hyperion1O1 Why cant we all unite and just conquer the stars?

Actually, I think GOD is fucking scared of Saitama and just gives a bit of power to his proxies in hopes that they can weaken our bald hero.

That's why GOD hasn't shown up yet; its scared of Saitama and won't show up until its 100% safe

12. Babbylicious Adorable fucker

And here I thought there would be possibility that GOD gave Saitama his powers.

13. Hyperion1O1 Why cant we all unite and just conquer the stars?

*gives random mook some powers
    "Ok, go sweep the area"
    *ONE PUNCH
    "Fuck"

14. kluang The Cavalry's Here

God is recollecting the powers he granted, which he granted in the first place so it can be nurtured and get stronger so he himself becomes stronger for his final battle with Blast.

15. Superman LvL 30

I do not see where ya get this in all honesty. Though I am not one of those people that want to look to much into things and just let them come.

16. Cordelia ded Advisor

It is a possible foreshadowing yeah. Wouldn't be too surprised if this "GOD" ends up being the final villain.

And on a slightly unrelated note, I like how Homeless Emperor's design looks like Jesus like it's some sort of a pun. lol

17. Zaru ________________________________ Advisor

Now that I checked, Homeless Emperor specifically states that he gained that power because he realized humanity needs to be wiped out. What kind of god would want to wipe out human- oh wait I've read the bible :catskully But still. Why not do it directly? Why does he need to grant powers to beings? Does he even need to?

18. Mr Hayk GodSlayer

There's not enough information about him to make some sort of conclusion.

So i can only hope:
    I hope he's not a real god or deity or anything like that.
    I hope he's not a final villain figure or anything. I feel like this series doesn't need such a figure.
    I hope he's not the source of all monsters.

What i wonder is, how his abilities work, does he give some1 else his own powers, or he simply has an ability to grant powers. Or possibly awaken them in other humans.

19. Hyperion1O1 Why cant we all unite and just conquer the stars?

Well, I am 80% certain GOD is near Z-City or under Z-City because Z-City is where the appearances of the most dangerous monsters are extremely high.

20. Freechoice Freechoice

What's fascinating to me is ONE's interpretation of God. His visual representation of him is insanely interesting... unfortunately I lack the intellectual depth required to speculate on how it represents his worldviews.

I feel, knowing ONE and the light hearted nature of the story, that if and when Saitama encounters God, he'll take it down with his first "I'm actually serious this time serious serious" move

21. Blizzard-chan Member

^ Yeah, it's interesting. The "God" that is referred to in OPM doesn't seem to be the same as the kind of God to some people in the real world. Unlike the latter who is believed to be kind and such, "God" in OPM seems more like the strongest, evil being who can grant powers to humans and/or monsters and take them away whenever he wants. It's also interesting to me how the most dangerous level of disaster level is classified as "God" like it means something else. It may just be referring to power-level, but still...

22. LordPerucho Well-Known Member

Mob Psycho Spoiler

23. Tayimus Number One

I'm kidding!

24. Zaru ________________________________ Advisor

I'm still waiting for that cameo of characters from either series in the other.

25. Hyperion1O1 Why cant we all unite and just conquer the stars?

IIRC Tats' face was already shown in Mob in the first chapter

26. LordPerucho Well-Known Member

God might be Orochi because in the last Chapter he said he can create as many monsters as he wants, and God gave Homeless Emperor his power.....

27. Tayimus Number One

I like "God"'s design more than I like Orochi. I'm not sure I'll like it if they're the same character. Though, with the latest chapter, it's definitely a possibility.