1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Please vote in the following contest threads: AOTW, Mirror, SOTW Mirror
  3. Please discuss and vote on the fate of the reputation system here.
  4. The forum medals contest is being extended for another month. Check this thread for more information.

Gilgamesh(FSN) vs Jack Rakan(Negima)

Discussion in 'Manga/Anime Battledome' started by ~Greed~, Aug 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~Greed~ Active Member Super Moderator

Scenario 1- Speed equal

Scenario 2- Speed not equalized

CIS and PIS are off and both are bloodlusted.

How does this go? Both of them use tons of different weapons, so I thought this would be a interesting match.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
  2. ~Avant~ Eveningstar

This should be a good match actually.

*waits for Xellos

3. Xelloss Mazoku Priest Moderator

I dont want to bring my opinion here, I like both characters, and while Gil armor have take multiple building busters, I dont think Gil alone its a match for Rakan.

Rankan energy rays if are magical, can be cancel by the mirror on the gate, still endurance and speed favor Rakan.

4. ~Greed~ Active Member Super Moderator

What if I made speed equal? Would that make it a better match?

Ill make 2 scenarios then, one with speed equal and the and the other with it not equalized.

5. Tranquil Fury Leech Lord

I'm not a Negima reader but can Rakan counter Gae Bolg/Gungnir/Brionac?. Just asking, I'm not taking any sides.

6. ~Avant~ Eveningstar

I'm sure he can tank them

7. Crimson King Golden Knight

1. Gilgamesh Ea s the planet.

2. "Do you have enough swords, King of Heroes?" :LOS

8. Crimson King Golden Knight

Can he survive having his heart destroyed?

9. JTExecutor Leader of Lunar Defense Corps

You did not turn off CIS, so Rakan takes this handily. Because of Gilgamesh's silly pride, many opponents several times weaker do well against him.

Rakan is mountain busting level, faster than lightning reaction, has many weapons to counteract a lot of Gate of Babylon's cannon fodder phantasms, and he won't die no matter how much you throw at him. We haven't even seen what he's truly capable of, but it's much higher than we've seen thus far.

Unless Gilgamesh goes all out, I don't see him taking Rakan. Otherwise, I think an early Enuma Elish could take out even Rakan (though I don't discount the possibility that it can't as Negima keeps getting drastically more and more ridiculous).

10. ~Greed~ Active Member Super Moderator

He survived the titan slayer going through his chest and out his back:zaru

Aren't CIS and PIS off unless stated otherwise? Ill add that to the OP anyways.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
  11. skiboydoggy DYNAMIC GENERAL GUARDIAN

CIS on, PIS off.

The King of Heroes doesn't have enough swords. :quite

12. ~Greed~ Active Member Super Moderator

You mean thats the way it is unless otherwise stated? I thought both were off...

QFT:quite

13. ~Avant~ Eveningstar

Care to prove its not hyperbole??

14. Gekigangar Defender of Justice

Gilgamesh can't use the special abilities of those weapons.

All he can do is just shoot them like missiles out of the Gate of Babylon to do damage.

Thus the reason why he was named as an Archer Class.

15. Tranquil Fury Leech Lord

What are you talking about? He does use Gae Bolg in the UBW route. His weapons all have special properties. Gilgamesh can use and throw them even both at once. This is horribly wrong. He even has a plane with nukes and a potion of youth. He can also manipulate swords to form barriers around him and has a Shield that counters magic.

He also used an ice sword and an invisible sword along with the Harpe sickle.

16. Xelloss Mazoku Priest Moderator

A few points I am gonna address, even if a NP of the gate its destroyed, it would return to the gate, so "not enough swords" its a lie.

Gilgamesh can use every single weapon inside the gate if he please, normally he doesn't bother, in the games and in the anime he took out 4 or 5 weapons and use them and their special properties, he just don't bother.

EA has never actually be used on the game or the anime at his max output.

Edit to tranquility: its a mirror actually not a shield, that negates magic. He also have a necklace that tell him all powers, abilities and weakness of his oponnents, while this is not mention on the games, its on the fate/side material, this is why he knows about tracing, and all that stuff.

17. JTExecutor Leader of Lunar Defense Corps

Well, here's to hoping the sixth grail war has the guy finally trying against a worthy opponent! But until then, he CIS lost to Saber, Shiro, and Dark Sakura, all of whom Rakan outcombats.

18. skiboydoggy DYNAMIC GENERAL GUARDIAN

Saber legitimately won with Avalon, which is the only tech more hax than Enuma Elish. Shiro was to CIS, and Dark Sakura was stupid and Heaven's Feel. It's like Nasu was trying to write this tragic love story and completely forgot he had such a magnificent bastard for a character hanging around, then just wrote a silly little intermission to get things over with.

Dark Gilgamesh would have been the most dangerous and stupid thing ever.

19. Tranquil Fury Leech Lord

No, he would have gotten blind and deaf just like Berserker. Gil lost to Saber because he wasted time charging EA and not using GOB. He lost to Shirou because he did'nt get serious against a human and UBW was the natural enemy of GOB("I can sense it, I am the natural enemy of this servant").

Sakura was more legit than Saber, he underestimated her regen by alot.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  20. skiboydoggy DYNAMIC GENERAL GUARDIAN

Blind and deaf Gilgamesh with infinite prana. He could just fucking nuke everyone or shoot GoB in every direction. It would have been deadly, but really stupid.

Avalon would have done the same thing to Gate of Babylon, that is, rape it to hell. Not to mention Saber at her best, even with Shirou powering her, would never be touched by Gate of Babylon with her Instinct and Luck. Ea was the one weapon that Saber could normally do nothing against, then Avalon.

Losing to Shirou was just a rock-papers-scissors deal. Unlimited Blade Works stomps the hell out of Gate of Babylon, since it downloads skills and stats as well, on top of every weapon already being instantly available. It wasn't really PIS or CIS if we discount the fact that Gilgamesh wasn't wearing his armour and not nuking right off the bat. (Which would have been utterly inefficient considering what kind of power level Shirou had.)

He casually murdered the hell out of Dark Sakura with hundreds of weapons, many of which should negate regeneration. Getting eaten and dying without being able to retaliate was retarded, even discounting the fact that no enemy should have regenerated quickly enough to start fighting again that quickly. Not even Arcueid could pull it off, and she can revive from getting her lines cut.

21. Tranquil Fury Leech Lord

I don't think you understand, he'd be blind and deaf. No seeing or hearing anyone approach him. Berserker did'nt even notice Shirou till he activated Tracing as the narration says. He'd be dead before he even knows someone is there or before he figures out which sword is EA. Suddenly I'm loling at this image of Gil pulling out the wrong weapon because he can't see it.

After Saber used avalon, Gil prepared to recharge a shot while she was rushing at him. Saber can't spam Avalon either, it's a mana whore. After Saber countered EA and rushed at him he could have done something else rather than stand still and waste time charging. He did'nt even fire his GOB.

Gilgamesh is the strongest servant, you are aware of this right? He can't loose to any servant when serious, he's the Hero King for a reason. Saber was never going to win even with Avalon if Gil was serious and did'nt make a stupid mistake.

He never used EA on Lancer in Fate or Berserker in UBW but he beat them too. He was'nt expecting a RM from Shirou and he had already seen Shirou vs Archer so he did'nt feel any threat that required armor. Gil only uses EA on beings that he considers worthy or ones that are actual threats. He used a low charge EA on Shirou once but that was it.

EDIT Well he did use it on those fodder in F/HA so I guess serious Gil would consider using a low charge one atleast.

The narration stated Gil could have won even after his arm was cut off "Mus'nt let him regain his composure" says Shirou. Actually yeah it is CIS. Fuck you Nasu, you never gave Shirou any chance to win even though he had the weakness, his only chance required Heavy CIS. :lmao poor Shirou he has yet to beat someone under normal circumstances Fair and Square. Still like him though.

Well there you go, Gil could have won even with his hand cut off and in casuals. Had been serious from the start he could activate the power of NPs rather than smash them into Shirou's repeatedly before loosing his cool and pulling out EA infront of Shirou.

She heals fast thanks to the Grail and prana of a CG. Not sure if ARC could pull it off. I don't remember the narration stating the weapons were anti-regen either. Are you sure that was'nt the narration for Gil vs Berserker?

My memory is a bit vague.

22. skiboydoggy DYNAMIC GENERAL GUARDIAN

"Go Gilgamesh! Use spam!"
    "---!" -spams-

What would shooting GoB at Saber do? It just wouldn't hit and do any real damage, ever, especially if Excalibur has already been unsheathed.

Gilgamesh is the strongest servant yes, but at the level he was at in F/SN feeding off dead children, he couldn't have touched Saber using Avalon. Hell, Rin's Saber could potentially take him, but not Dark Saber since the reduced Agility would be mere fodder before Gate of Babylon and Enuma Elish.

Exactly. He had no reason to believe he would need Ea. That wasn't being stupid, that was not using the nuke when the machine gun should have sufficed. He had Shirou dominated in every stat and would have won against the Tracer Shirou, but not the Reality Marble using Shirou that came out of left wing.

Shirou had the momentum going, losing it all of the sudden would have been stupid.

The Status Page tells use that Herpe at the very least negates regeneration, and I'll be damned if he doesn't have hundreds of other cursed weapons that have the same effect. Sakura was saturated with swords. She should have died. Even Arcueid would probably die if she just tanked GoB. Sure, she can reincarnate while using most of her magic, but 9% Arc would get destroyed by any Servant except maybe TA.

23. Tranquil Fury Leech Lord

24. ~Greed~ Active Member Super Moderator

:lmao My thread was completely derailed.....Is there anyone that has a opinion on who would win this. I'm asking since my thread went off topic on the first page......

25. Crimson King Golden Knight

I like how every thread involving Type-Moon stuff ends up being a discussion about Nasuverse. :LOS

26. Endless Mike Getting too old for this shit

According to the OBD wiki this guy is a planetbuster....

27. Crimson King Golden Knight

Only if he ever stops being a giant arrogant douchebag and actually uses Ea at full power.

28. ~Greed~ Active Member Super Moderator

I know what you mean, I made a few threads involving the nasuverse and it always turns out like this:lmao.

I haven't played the game and have only seen the anime/manga so Im not sure about that. But from what I've read his planetbusting attack takes some time or somthing. Considering some of the typemoon guys said Rakan wins this and I said PIS/CIS were turned off, Im betting thats the case.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  29. skiboydoggy DYNAMIC GENERAL GUARDIAN

Full power Ea would probably take too long to charge, and Gil would never actually have the prana to pull it off as a Servant, so yeah, Rakan wins.

And now to randomly discuss F/SN again!

30. Tranquil Fury Leech Lord

Skiboy, I made a thread in the channel 12 section about the Fate/Stay night movie a while back. Go there.

31. ~Greed~ Active Member Super Moderator

I figured that was the case.....and your allready trying to derail my thread again:argh.

32. bryanblade New Member

greetings, as you can see, i'm new here, but i do possess extensive knowledge in the world of TYPE-MOON, aka, the nasuverse
    Now regarding your question, Jack Rakan, a powerhouse and a multiple weapons user , similar to his Nasuverse counter parts, Archer(EMIYA) and the king of Heroes, Gilgamesh.

First of all, i hope you have played the visual novel, for a better understanding on Gilgamesh's abilities.
    Here are the KOH's feats :
    He possesses the ability to use any noble phantasm in history, he's the oldest hero ever known in existence, Since his era, he collected all treasures from around the world. Hence, he had obtained "unlimited" wealth, his treasury is endless, from a meat to multiply by itself to magical nuclear warheads. He's like the ultimate cheat code in any game. Now, even though he may not be the wielder of these "prototype" Noble phantasms, meaning he cannot use them as the "wielders" which were famous of using them.
    Eg. Gae Bolg. Lancer was the only one who could use the "true" usage of its power, GaeBolg: Soaring Spear that strikes wit death. However, for Gilgamesh's case, Gae Bolg still remains as a "conceptual" weapon, this means he can still use its ability to strike the opponent's heart.
    As for his strength, he's basically slightly similar to Saber or Berserker's , (his strength rank is B), this means he can effortlessly kill an average human being with a flick from his finger.
    Now , onto his strongest weapon in his arsenal, Ea the sword of Rupture. I'm sure you're all familiar with the term, "Enuma Elish", the star creation that split heaven and earth. Yes, it's an anti world Noble phantasm, but it's term, "anti-world" does not come from its abilities to destroy planets or universes, but it's more towards the nature of the attack. It rips apart the fabric of space , and it opposes natural law, its real output is only slightly higher than Excalibur. Its true usage of its abilities can be seen in fate Hollow Ataraxia, where it showed the "truth", kind of like destroying reality/dimensions.

Now, our next contestant is jack Rakan, the so called, OP Hero of Negiverse. Let's see what he's capable of :
    His pactio card allows him to materialize any weapon he can think of, be it a colossal sword comparable to the size of a warship, a giant gauntlet bigger than him, and artificial mechanical armors to replace his lost limbs, so far, i think he can create any weapon.
    His fighting skills are unparalleled , only second to the Thousand master, Nagi. His experience in battles allowed him to have some sort of amazing combat analyzing skills, he even figured out the weakness of Negi's new fighting style only after suffering a few hits from him. He can react fast enough to Negi's lightning style, that's damn fast. His punches are capable to destroy mountains and the entire arena of the Colosseum. He even beat a dragon effortlessly.
    To top it off, his existence was erased by Fate Averuncus, but he came back temporarily with his fighting spirit, that's just insane logic , LOL, he's one hell of a broken insanely overpowered character.

Now back to the topic, who wins? The victory can go either ways, so i would say Stalemate.
    You see, Gilgamesh is the type of OP character that cannot be defeated, but he always ended being defeated by himself. If you have played the visual novel , you would know what i mean, he's always defeated by characters weaker than him due to his arrogance and carelessness. In Fate Route, he was defeated by Saber, although he could beat her with a single blow, but he decides to "play" with her, since he wants her. Next, in UBW route, this is undoubtedly an arrogance factor, he could destroy Shirou, but Noo, he refers fighting with Shirou in close combat and when Shirou gained the upper hand , he was too late to utilize Ea and got his arm chopped off. And finally, don't even mention the heavens feel route, he was consumed by the "shadow' and digested quickly at the beginning of the story. This may happen in this fight with jack Rakan as well.

Now onto jack Rakan's side, I'm sure all of you would think why would i say that he might lose?
    You see, when i said Gilgamesh has all treasures from around the world, and this means he has everything literally. Remember how Rakan's blades were cut like butter by Negi using Asuka's sword? Well, this may apply in this battle as well, this would mean, Rakan's blades are made of pure magic, Gilgamesh may have a weapon which is anti-magic or anti-magecraft. With that being said, Jack Rakan now chooses to fight in close combat, a slugfest. Now, Gilgamesh's golden armor is not to be taken lightly with, his armor can block Saber's invisible air and Assassin's Tsubame Gaeshi with ease. I don't doubt that Jack Rakan can defeat Gilgamesh in a fist fight and destroy his armor. But if Rakan wishes to defeat the King of Heroes, he better choose to eliminate him fast, and not allow Gilgamesh to use Ea. Otherwise it's KO for Jack Rakan

33. ThanatoSeraph By Heaven's Decree

Necroing five year old threads is generally frowned upon.

If you wanted to discuss the match and believed that something wasn't addressed in the original thread, you could always make a new thread.

As it is now this thread is kind of irrelevant.

34. Əyin The Laughing Magician

And you just had to necro a 5 year old thread. :giogio

35. shade0180 The Shadow that lurks behind you

5 year necro with a fucking wall of text. :giogio

36. MAPSK 'Omnipotent'

Holy mother of fucking necros.

37. AliceKumo Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.