1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Discussion for the forum medals contest is happening here. Please drop in and give your input.

Gamestop Sucks!

Discussion in 'NF Archives' started by UsoppYusukeLuffy, May 3, 2011.

1. UsoppYusukeLuffy Jet Set Radio!

[YOUTUBE]6mM6qBgZh84[/YOUTUBE]

seriously biggest ripoff artist

Also sorry if I wasn't supposed to post that here

2. strongarm85 Active Member

LoL

What I noticed, even though he's pissed off at Gamestop, he still did business with them, and still pre-ordered 2 new games!

3. Yoburi Madou Koukaku

Fuck fuck bullshit fuck i broke asshole... yeah we get now shut the fuck up.

4. Esura Meow meow choco-chow!

:lmao

You are like my favorite Youtuber now. And truth about Gamestop too. Sadly I allowed myself to get ripped off a few times by trading in some games I didn't play so I could get some extra dough to last me for the week until payday.

Your video really makes me not want to trade in anything to Gamestop right now, even if I get broke. :lmao

5. The Boss Guest

Learn to business.

/thread

6. Dream hero and villain Administrator

Jet Set Radio Future :ohpek

7. Esura Meow meow choco-chow!

I never got to play Future, and I never will sadly, cause I hate OG Xbox. :ano

8. Brandon Heat I'm with <b><font color="#ff6600">COCO</font></b>

Trade in at Amazon.

Better trade in values and easy mailing service.

9. UsoppYusukeLuffy Jet Set Radio!

Amazon here i comesmile-big

10. TeenRyu Pure Blood Dragon

Yeah, People bitch about the Gamestop trade policy alot. :lmao Its business, and how much do you get at amazon? Remember, there an online site and more flexible, while Gamestop pretty much makes its money off used games. Now you make amazon into a strictly game site, and see how much you get then :maybe Gamestop does the best it can (though it can do better) for everything. and he must be trying to get cash because well, Why would gamestop give you full store credit for cash? (though it would be nice) they loose money in that sense. If you don't like it then don't shop there. as long as you know the business aspect you'll be fine :lmao

11. ~Gesy~ Well-Known Member

lol gamestop

i don't have a credit card yet, so i have no choice but to do this when i walk into gamestop:

X

12. TeenRyu Pure Blood Dragon

^^^^:lmao Thats what usually happens

13. UsoppYusukeLuffy Jet Set Radio!

Thats what happened too me today but the guy wasn't shutting up:(

14. ~Gesy~ Well-Known Member

because he wanted more of your money, look at how many games you bought and pre-ordered. :ippy

15. UsoppYusukeLuffy Jet Set Radio!

Yes I know Mr T must have some pitty for me because I was a fool:(

16. Brandon Heat I'm with <b><font color="#ff6600">COCO</font></b>

I'm sorry but what's the point in pre-ordering a game that will obviously be in stock on release day with no issues? It's not like they will run out on the first week for a game like L.A. Noire.

17. ~Gesy~ Well-Known Member

paying less money for it is a plus for me. for example, i like paying $30 a month before then paying the rest at release.

i'm a cheap bastard

18. Bender A sword for those in need

Amazon is the new Gamestop/FYE/etc.

:amuse

19. UsoppYusukeLuffy Jet Set Radio!

Your not the only one:laugh

20. TeenRyu Pure Blood Dragon

Also remember, and this is important folks!

PICK YOUR GAMESTOPS WITH CARE There are the good ones, and the bad ones. The good ones are the ones that don't pester you or keep nagging you about so much shit, and get the job done and have fun. (Like my gamestop, we usually have the manager who keeps making jokes on the sly our our keyholder who knows just about everything) and does the gamestop you go to tell you if a game is gonna suck or be good truthfully? Thats a key factor. Choose your gamestops with care! :cry

I work at gamestop so I would know, especially since we usually have customers either laughing there asses off by our antics or leaving them with a good impression.

21. ~Gesy~ Well-Known Member

yeah the clerks at my gamestop are actually pretty cool. they usually to tell me about the good deals their having and are usually good help.

22. Roxyluv Banned

I buy games there a lot but I never to trade ins there. I usually just post up on facebook and see if anybody wants to buy them.

23. CrazyMoronX Old Man

The one around here is okay.

There used to be this really cute clerk there and then she disappeared. I wanted to bang her so bad. I would go in there just to talk to her (which, for me, means looking at her nervously never actually managing to talk to her at all).

But Gamestop in general is evil.

24. TeenRyu Pure Blood Dragon

^:lmao Sigged

also I know there is one gamestop I know of in my district that has a really hot red head xD

25. ~Gesy~ Well-Known Member

"wanna play with my joystick? :tomaflirt"

26. TeenRyu Pure Blood Dragon

^ someone had to do it :maybe

27. Skywalker Imperial Conqueror

28. CrazyMoronX Old Man

Don't make fun of my plight. :wth

Now this gamestop is a sausage party. There is this gay dude that works there that kinda looks like a girl though.

29. TeenRyu Pure Blood Dragon

:lmao again, sigged. and That hardly compensates. thats a trap :maybe

30. Jena E. Pluribus Anus

Even if gamestop sucks, it's better than nothing.

Before the one around here opened up, buying a game meant driving all the way out to the Sam Goody at the mall, where it was a Russian roulette situation whether or not they would even have the game, and then spending a bunch of extra money because they were the devil. Selling a game meant one of three things: 1) You keep it forever because no one will buy it from you; 2) You pawn it off on a stupid friend; 3) Goodwill fodder.

Although now I buy most of my games online through Amazon. It's easier that way and I can feel like I have some kind of consumer control (i.e., the ability to click through a sea of links and choose the one with the marginally cheapest pricetag).

31. Drunkenwhale Starlit Artist

This is why I go to a small business store that has an arcade, I get more trade in there.

Of course, Gamestop was the only place to get Sonic Battle, even though I had to ask and show them that they had it because "they can't sell GBA games anymore."

32. Violent by Design Active Member

I could relate to him perfectly when trying to get old fighting games at Gamestop. A few years ago I used to have to search the lands for hard copies of CVS2.

33. TeenRyu Pure Blood Dragon

Next time you look for emerging at Gamestop tell them to search the system for the closest GS that may have it. Whichever has it (no matter where) tell them to ship it. If they don't know how to do that process give them the troll treatment and report the store. :maybe you can have gamestops ship games as long as a store has it to your local store, free of charge. Just gotta pay for it when it gets there

34. Victim of Adminfucks sunt lacrimae rerum Super Moderator

It's amazing how many people get upset at Gamestop.

Try not being stupid.

They don't lie to you--they tell you the prices. They don't tell you can make more money if you sell them online; they don't tell you they will take your game trade and slap a 300% price jump on it from what you were paid; they don't try to sell you the cheapest and most inexpensive piece of merchandise in the store. It's a business; that's what they do.

35. Esura Meow meow choco-chow!

Wait...what?

This is a first I've ever heard. So my Gamestop, if I ask them, they can ship a game I wanted from that location to mines? I really want Metroid Prime 3 new but its not at my local GS (although its at a GS like three miles away from me).

Holy shit...you rock mayn.

36. TeenRyu Pure Blood Dragon

Yeah. I work at Gamestop, and I do it frequently. We always have things shipped to us. Just gotta pick it up from the store and pay for it, then there's GS online.

37. Raven Rider Active Member

Why am I just hearing this now!? :wth

38. Esura Meow meow choco-chow!

Sweet.

I wonder how they'll react when I ask them. :laugh

Also, this employee at Gamestop bought the last fucking Oneechanbara for Wii....bitch. I had to order it new from Ebay.

39. TeenRyu Pure Blood Dragon

Not alot of Gamestops do it I guess. xD I've done at least 10 or so of these since i've worked at GS

40. Zhariel Awful

When people bitch to me about the amount "I" am giving them, I say "Come back when we have a trade sale, or take it elsewhere." Not exactly a rip off when you willingly accept what you are given. And the only pro to preordering shit is if they decide to maybe give you some bonus content. Although there have been a few rare occasions where we did genuinely run out of big titles within the first 2 days.

Working there isn't so bad, granted you abuse your position. I accidentally kicked my 360 and put a circle scratch in my brother's NHL 11. I just returned it at work and replaced that shit.

The majority of my customers are cheap idiots, and don't have enough common sense to even grasp the basics of business. It humors me to see people of such low class.

41. TeenRyu Pure Blood Dragon

^ Exactly. Though for pre-ordering, the other bonus is that if your the type where you don't know if you'll have that money when it comes out, you put most if not all down when you have it so you don't need to worry about it. Thats how I look at it, plus all the trade bonuses we tend to give out.

42. Zhariel Awful

On wednesday some dude traded in a decent amount of games, his wife left him and took the PS3 or something. He actually got like $285, because of the trade sales, and power up card. Even I was a bit surprised, he just had good stuff. He was able to buy every WoW thing we had, and still had $80 left.

So he happily walk out of our store and head towards the downward spiral of Forever Alone :lmao

43. TeenRyu Pure Blood Dragon

^:lmao I love situations like that, when they bring in shit and take full advantage of our sales.

44. Zhariel Awful

I understand why a lot of people hate the company though. Despite the fact it is a business, I don't like how they make us act to people. I get that we need to let people know what's going on, and offer help, but I refuse to be up anyone's ass. I never push too hard, even if it means going against what the company says, and because of it I always get back high customer service scores (From the 2 out of every 10,000 customers who take the survey) I think it's because of this that my manager keeps me as his #1 GA, and never gives me shit. Lately the company seems to be taking a "get good feedback scores!" approach.

45. Inuhanyou Ever Cry, Never Life.

my friend works there so i get a 16% discount when i go with him.

46. TeenRyu Pure Blood Dragon

Same here. My boss wants to give me a promotion. :maybe

47. Zhariel Awful

Only do it if the other keyholders aren't lazy fucks. or you will find yourself flooded with toh's, rsb's, etc etc. It's a big reason why I haven't taken the promotion. I worked there from 06-07, and became assistant manager. I went back this past summer as just a GA, and my manager never does his work :lmao

48. TeenRyu Pure Blood Dragon

Oh god I know xD Luckily My manager cracks down on that shit, and my ASM is good at keeping her share done.

49. Esura Meow meow choco-chow!

I was considering applying to my local Gamestop. Is it an ok place to work and do you get steady schedules? My job I'm working currently has me working whenever. I literally don't know what to expect with my schedule at work. One minute I work nights, next minute I work mornings....sigh...

50. TeenRyu Pure Blood Dragon

Gamestop is actually really flexible, just let them know what the deal is. your boss shouldn't have a problem working with you.