1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Discussion for the forum medals contest is happening here. Please drop in and give your input.

Gaara vs. EMS Sasuke

Discussion in 'Naruto Battledome' started by raizen28, Jun 7, 2012.

1. raizen28 I dunno

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Distance:30 Meter
    State of mind:Bloodlusted
    Knowledge:Manga
    Restrictions:none

2. Alibaba Saluja Sindria Kingdom

Being bloodlusted, Sasuke will imediately use Susanoo and Gaara will go airborne and will try to make more sand when he has the chance. However, a bloodlusted Sasuke probably won?t give him an opportunity for that, but Gaara will realise that it?s his only shot to win against Sasuke with Susanoo.

Sasuke will spam Amaterasu against Gaara, just for him to block every shot with his sand. Gaara with manga knowledge knows external attacks won?t work against Susanoo. I don?t know if Gaara has enough sand to protect himself and at the same time make more sand. But if he has, he?ll make the soil below Sasuke turn to sand.

This if Sasuke stays in the ground. Seeing Amaterasu being blocked, Sasuke can summon a taka and go airborne. However, I believe Sasuke will rely on his arrows first, and those arrows may take down Gaara if it can bypass his defenses.

If Gaara survives long enough for pulling Sasuke out of his Susanoo, then he has a chance to win if he?s fast enough with another sand attack.

Sasuke has some options to take out Gaara, while Gaara has a slim chance to win.

I?ll give it to Sasuke 9/10 times with high diff.

3. SubtleObscurantist Crazy Fool

Bloodlusted, and at this range, Sasuke will probably resort to his big guns right off the bat and Gaara won't have much of an opportunity. Gaara has never seen Amaterasu actually initiated, so he could fall victim to that, especially if the flame is large enough. Otherwise, he is going to be under a wall of Enton, and quite frankly, Sasuke's Susano'o ought to be able to break through his sand early on. If Gaara gets airborne, he can survive most of what Sasuke can throw at him, except Kirin.

I'll give this to Sasuke with mid-high difficulty.

4. Ghost Active Member

Sasuke starts spamming enton magatamas, amaterasu, arrows right from the start at at gaara. with just gourd sand, Gaara gets demolished.

5. IpHr0z3nI Active Member

Sasuke's arrows vs. Garra sand doesn't bold well for Garra.

In recent chapters, his sand defense seemed to be overwhelmed by a volley of swords from Susano..

We've seen Sasuke's arrows pierce through a think trunk of Makoton.

There is also the chidori variants which, which are tailored made to breach defenses.

Overall with no "Favorable" conditions for garra such as field advantage, he doesn't stand much of a chance against someone with Sasuke's arsenal based entirely off his latest feats.

6. IchLiebe Da Sage

^Gaara's exhausted from all the chakra he's using fighting many kages, MADARA,

7. Corax Active Member

Gaara hasn't enough sand here+Sasuke is bloodlusted so I ll give it to Sasuke with hard diff. Main problem for Gaara here is that he is limited only to gourd sand and have to grind more while BL Sasuke will immediately start to attack him with his strongest jutsu. He will burn though his gourd sand quite fast with 2-3 amaterasu shots and a couple of enton magatamas. Though this will take a great toll on Sasuke s chakra.

8. Ersa Active Member

Sasuke wins low difficulty.

Bloodlusted means instant Susanoo followed by arrow spam (which Kakashi a mid-Kage tier shinobi with much better reaction feats then Gaara had to resort to Kamui to escape canonically), Enton magatama spam and Amaterasu. Assuming Gaara can even survive the initial barrage he then attacks with V4 Susanoo and Enton swords.

MS Sasuke has the feats to be just better then Gaara and EMS Sasuke is hyped to be equal to KCM Naruto (not with feats though...) who is a good tier or 2 above Garra.

9. IchLiebe Da Sage

Susanoo isn't instant and must go through stages to fully form.

Also Gaara's sand has shown it is fully capable to deal w/ anything Susanoo has. And it isn't like Susanoo arrows have any impressive offensive capabilities.

10. Ersa Active Member

Er..this wasn't instant but it was pretty damn fast.
    X
    You see the Zetsu only get a little closer and V4 Susanno is out.

Yes but the sheer speed of them is where their potency lies, I'm not going to argue that Gaara's sand can't block an arrow. However with a starting distance of 30m a barrage of Enton magatamas and arrows is going to break through Gaara's defense. Madara's magatama's almost broke through Gaara + Oonoki's defense, one or two arrows and some Magatamas can break through Gaara only in my opinion.

11. IchLiebe Da Sage

^No I don't see, Can't view mangareader.

Either way Gaara has shown that he is fully capable and has the necessary defenses to block Amaterasu Magatamas and Susanoo arrows, the latter of which hasnt shown to pierce anything w/ a slight defensive feat.

30m is a good distance between the two. And I think you under the concept that if Gaara has a defensive layer of sand blocking a Magatama, that the same sand will keep blocking magatama, whereas Gaara's defense is contanstly flowing making new layers of defense.

Madara is on a whole nother level than any other shinobi bar Hiruzen and Hashirama. I wouldn't doubt that his Magatamas are far> Sasuke's or Itachi's. Quit comparing Madara's techs and their feats to Itachi and Sasuke.

12. blk Active Member

Sasuke can directly form his full Susano'o [X].

Sasuke's arrows have shown a comparable strength (and a superior speed) to Madara's Magatama; i don't think that Gaara can effectively defend himself from Amaterasu and Arrows spam.

13. IchLiebe Da Sage

No they haven't, they couldn't peirce a tree, nor a snake and a spike sticking out of the ground. Their fucking laughable.

And Gaara is extremely exhausted against Madara, look at what he's already protected against. Attacks that are way better than anything EMS Sasuke has shown.

WOW Amaterasu Magatamas pierced Zetsus.

14. IpHr0z3nI Active Member

Given, but granted he hasn't used many sand attacks on the scale of his part 1/Deidara battle self, throughout this war.

His abilities have primarily been confined to a support role, and his defensive potential of his sand is still suspect.

Remember Magatama would have breached his shield defense is not from assistance from Onoki.

Considering Sasuke's arrows, have showcased and likely have more "Penetrating" power than the individual magatama's themselves I'd still compose the same argument above.

Garra's arsenal is potent and effective, but it's evolved to more of a support role...... One on One anyone who is capable of "Breaching/outpacing his sand defense" is capable of besting him.

Now, there are very few who can do the above, however Sasuke is one of them.

15. blk Active Member

One arrows is clearly not enough. The problem is that, given the mindset, Sasuke will start to spam Amaterasu and Arrows or Amaterasu Magatama, and Gaara just doesn't have enough starting sand for all this attacks.

The fact that he was exhausted does not influence the sand's durability.

16. IchLiebe Da Sage

^But the sand in his gourd is both faster and stronger than any other sand.

Gaara's sand is as strong as steel, an Amaterasu Magatama hasn't shown anthing spectacular.

Sasuke can only shoot 1 arrow at a time. Not to mention that Gaara fights with clones.

17. jimbob631 God of War Guan Yu

From a plot point of view alone do you think it makes sense for Gaara to be stronger than Sasuke?

18. SuperSaiyaMan12 The Seventh Hokage's arrived.

Sasuke via high difficulty. Gaara isn't an opponent to be taken lightly, given he has two Kages being beaten by him under his belt. One arrow is likely not going to be enough to pierce his defense, considering it X Not to mention he can block Enton and Amaterasu.

But given Sasuke's capability of X in seconds, Gaara doesn't have many options of penetrating it. He can take flight...but so can Sasuke with is hawk summon.

19. IchLiebe Da Sage

Susanoo is slow, Gaara's sand can get through it quickly and then its GG. Gaara has a number of ways to win while Sasuke has none.

20. Sketh Indissoluble

So, Gaara can defend himself well enough so as not to die from being hit by four susanoo swords (from madara, of all susanoo users..) and still be able to get up. I'd say his sand is pretty freakin' realiable when dealing with Susanoo, he's already shown to be able to pull Madara OUT of his susanoo and fling him around. His sand has also shown to block amaterasu when he met sasuke at the kage summit, and fast/durable enought to stop four susanoo blades from doing any real damage to him aside from knocking him backwards. Gaara wins high dif.

21. IchLiebe Da Sage

Not to mention Sand Eye, and then Sand Armor.

Gaara is a powerhouse, its a good thing he don't have control of his old bijuu like Naruto and Bee do or he would damn near stomp everyone.

22. jimbob631 God of War Guan Yu

One was probably the weakest kage we saw and the other had Gaara beat without Onoki helping him.

23. SuperSaiyaMan12 The Seventh Hokage's arrived.

The Fourth Kazekage could defeat Shukaku whenever he rampaged. He's not really 'weak'. Not only that, Gaara found the Clam on his own and bested Joki Boi, something not even Mu could do.

I said Sasuke won, just that Gaara isn't someone to be taken lightly.

24. raizen28 I dunno

Well I say Gaara wins this if he opts to go airborne and setup effect Attacks to buy time to grind more sand. But Gaara is Underrated when when he's not in the Desert or Suna like he'll run out of Sand Really Fast which I dont aee happening.

25. Sketh Indissoluble

Run out of sand? I dont think he can.. I mean, even if the sand gets damaged or hit by amaterasu, Sasuke would just have flaming sand chasing him. Not sure he can run out of sand, not like he's done it before. :headscrat

26. raizen28 I dunno

No I actually meant he's underrated with his gourd with some people implying like Gaara is going to run out of sand in his fight or he wont have enough.

Like I said in the other post l, I dont see that situation happening.

I myself Agree with you .

27. Sketh Indissoluble

Was actually agreeing with you as well, I just worded it weirdly, i guess, made it seem like i was stating something against you as if you said he didn't, my bad on wording...sorta.

28. raizen28 I dunno

Haha its cool. Like I didnt word anything weirdly on Neji vs Choji hahaha

29. IchLiebe Da Sage

Gaara has specifically said that turning stone into sand comes easy to him and he can do it in little to no time.

Gaara grinds 1 pound of stone into sand from 55lbs of stone. Well while he grinding the other 54lbs into sand he can use that 1lb of sand that he's already grinded.

Gaara will never run out of sand its impossible

30. Meruem The King

Danzo X that dodging the arrows wasn't easy. Danzo got X by an arrow straight through him. Kakashi X it would've hit him had he not used Kamui. X is it piercing a tree (which you specifically said it couldn't do). It pierced Danzo X as well. Doesn't seem to laughable to me. Stop making stuff up.

Amaterasu would be good game if it hits Gaara, he can't defend forever. The arrows would go right through his sand. Sasuke also has genjutsu to create openings and Raiton jutsu to pierce Gaara's sand. Gaara is one of my favorite characters and Sasuke is my absolute least favorite but you're underestimating him alot here.

Amaterasu burns anything so it doesn't matter what it can pierce because as long as it touches Gaara, he'll burn to death.

31. BringerOfCarnage Waiting for Shirosaki's Return

Gaara being at the same level as EMS Sasuke is laughable at best.

Sasuke has the easy option of paralyzing Gaara
    Spoiler:
    X X
    and finishing him with Enton spam.

It's pretty conceivable that Sasuke covers 15-20m in a second and manages to get Gaara caught in the Sharingan.

32. SubtleObscurantist Crazy Fool

Amaterasu can burn through the fire toad's esophagus, so it has the potential to burn though, but the best the arrows have done is penetrate a tree and got kind of stuck so I don't think the arrows can penetrate the sand.

On the other hand, they are fast enough to pose a challenge even for Gaara's sand to block all the time.

33. Meruem The King

I would agree to a point, I think it could pierce a thin layer of sand for sure but maybe not a thicker one. I was just proving that he was wrong when he said they were laughable and couldn't pierce a tree despite the fact that they already have. If one hits Gaara, he's done. It'll definitely put him under pressure along with Amaterasu.

34. Sketh Indissoluble

X

Amaterasu hits the sand, Gaara crosses his arms like he always does and Sasuke screwed himself cause now he has flaming sand chasing him around. Gaara can defend a lot longer than sasuke can, X,its his main style of battle, defending while attacking at long range with sand - Chase, capture, crush with sand < Gaaras fighting style. I dont see Amaterasu hitting gaara so long as he has his sand up. X X, sure he was knocked back by it, but he didn't die, and sasukes arrows isn't gonna match four susanoo swords at once. Gaara = Worst nightmare for susanoo users.

Edit: Normal susanoo users....

Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  35. Meruem The King

Amaterasu is not all he has to deal with. Sasuke has Amaterasu, arrows, magatama, genjutsu, raiton jutsu, and powerful CQC ability.

36. SubtleObscurantist Crazy Fool

Sasuke never tried to burn through Gaara's sand. We saw it make impact and that was it. In order for the black flames to be effective, the caster has to keep their focus on them. Otherwise, well, jokes about Samurai and Karin tanking Amaterasu. Furthermore, Madara's incomplete Susano'o was able to tear through Gaara and Onoki's joint defense (which was, admittedly, already weakened by magatama), so Sasuke's armored Susano'o has decent odds of being able to smash apart Gaara's defense. And as for Gaara ripping Sasuke out of Susano'o; that was thanks to Onoki lightening the sand to make it fast enough to bypass the defense before Madara could do anything about it.

But to tedrock, Gaara's gourd sand can block Ei's maximum power, so I think that one of Sasuke's arrows won't be able to penetrate, although it should weaken the defense at a single point for a moment.

37. Sketh Indissoluble

Sand deals with Amaterasu, the Arrows, sasuke hasn't show to be able to use magatama in the first place, only itachi and madara have, Gaara's sand blocks his own eyesight and just sand rapes sasuke. Getting up close with gaara is a death sentence, and raiton jutsu...sand lighting rod renders invalid.

38. SubtleObscurantist Crazy Fool

39. Bonly The Young Master

Then how does gaara see sasuke :geg

what sand lighting rod? :geg

40. Thdyingbreed Rampaging Beast

Sasuke's arrow are far to fast Gaara's sand has been shown to have trouble reacting to things much slower then them.

Gaara gets taken down by arrows coated in enton.

When has Gaara's sand ever reacted to anything as fast as Sasuke's arrows?

Which were capable of blitzing Kakashi Sharingan precognition forcing him to warp them away.

If not then his sand is entirely useless due to not being able to keep up with the speed.

He used his own Magatama against the Zetsus, he can also setup for Kirin via Amaterasu spam.

41. SuperSaiyaMan12 The Seventh Hokage's arrived.

Gaara's sand reacted to Amaterasu launched from an Enton sphere on Sasuke's Susano'o. It can comfortably react to the arrows.
    A's speed, Enton: Kagutsuchi, and of course, three Amaterasu launched by Sasuke himself.
    See above.

42. SubtleObscurantist Crazy Fool

Amaterasu involves the materialization of the flames on target; what Sasuke did was manipulate the existing flame with which he had performed Enton: Kagutsuchi and sent it against Gaara's sand. Also, while Gaara's inteception of Ei is impressive, it is unclear when exactly his sand started moving, and more importantly, he intercepted Ei in freefall.

43. Sketh Indissoluble

If it blitzed kakashis sharingan prediction speed then how did he react fast enough to pull up his head band and warp it? It said it was faster than kakashi himself, not his eye.

Gaara's sand reacted to Ei's attack when he interfered between sasuke and Raikages battle, i'd say that pretty friggin fast. It also caught madara and a Joki boy, both of which were very fast.

Magatama...you mean where he shot little balls of amaterasu at zetsu? That wasn't a magatama, it never said it was. And you got me on the kirin thing, that happens gaara MIGHT doomed.

Third eye of sand maybe? Lighting is drawn to the highest thing, and since Kirin is natural lighting, it would go toward whatever was highest unless sasuke somehow got godly control over it more than when he was fighting itachi. Gaara makes a giant pillar of sand and uses it to take the damage like a lighting rod, hes done more spectacular things with his sand. Raitons themselves wouldn't really work here either cause he would have to get close enough to use them, and I dont think the chidori spear would help him here because we've seen gaara do great distraction plans with said sand, and lets look at it for real here. Sasukes tactics when fighting suck horribly, he runs into every fight head on like a reject, I see him going susanoo right off the bat then getting pulled out said susanoo by the sand, like madara, then he's just freaking doomed.

44. raizen28 I dunno

Basically Sasuke is gonna Spam until he cant hold up Susanoo and he drains his chakra and Stamina.

Now With that scenario taken into account its whether Gaara can Hold his Own long enough for Sasuke to Basically weaken himself with his spams for Gaara to Go in with his Grinded Sand and Unleash his Attacks.

With that in question its whether you think can Gaara react or Block his Attacks.

Now for reacting to the Arrow, Kakashi and Danzo didnt have immediate sand like Gaara so his chances of Reacting are much better.

45. Bonly The Young Master

Third eye wouldn't really stop it from hitting gaara since it would still be going down unless it stops moving once it hits the 3rd eye.

unless his sand moves at the speed of lighting,he wont be doing that if sasuke uses kirin on him.

Can you explain to me what Chidori spear is?

But he can't do that since he was only able to do it since Oonoki lightened gaara's sand

46. SubtleObscurantist Crazy Fool

Kakashi's headband was already up...
    True, but Ei was in free fall.
    Gaara only was able to catch Madara when his sand was lightened by Madara to make it faster and was only able to catch Joki Boi by slowing it down with his father's gold dust.
    They were Enton magatama. But the actual point you are making, which is about their penetrative ability, is seemingly true. They haven't displayed the penetrative capacity of Madara's magatama.
    Gaara doesn't know about Kirin, and certainly wouldn't have time to do such a complex maneuver by the time the lightning dragon formed. Also, if heated up by the black flames, the AOE of the attack is too vast so Gaara would then have to get out of range. And you forget something else: Sasuke can guide the lightning.
    Sasuke is often reckless, but he has repeatedly displayed some of the better tactical showings in the manga. And Gaara can't pull Sasuke out of Susano'o without Onoki lightening his sand.

47. Sketh Indissoluble

Always the sensor sand instead, cant put a genjutsu on sand.

Guy stops to lift his hand in the air to pull the thing down...thats not enough time showing how fast gaara has one paneled massive amounts of sand, not only against deidara but also against kimimaro (in a grassy, foresty field)

The little blue line that extends from sasukes hand that he used to impale orochimarus arms, itachis crow clone, and cut of deidaras birds wing..need i get a picture?

Gaara has shown good enough distraction techniques and timing with his sand to do it, and knowing sasuke who has a lack of attention to detail in most fights, where he just runs in head on now without thinking, I'd say gaara can do it.

48. Sketh Indissoluble

Still doesn't mean it was faster than his sharingan, it was only faster than his body could move, i was thinking of the anime scene there for a moment with the headband down.

Still takes speed to reach him after E blitzed over to sasukes location and came within a hairs width of crushing him, sand appeared relatively quickly.

Op doesn't say Gaara doesn't have the gold dust, but thats aside the point, gaaras timing and distaction techniques with his sand are, in my opinion, capable of yoinking him out of his susanoo with the correct timing.

Not that i've seen, the just burn things. Madaras blows crap up on impact.

Hmm...true enough, ya got me on that one.. Gaara is doomed if he lets sasuke get Kirin out..

Above about sand pulling him out. And while he has shown to be tactical, so has gaara.

49. raizen28 I dunno

Gaara Intervened From Nowhere a Raging V2 A and You Should know How A Evaded Amaterasu. Furthermore When Gaara Intercepted it He Was Fast enough to Send the Sand to Actually Intervened it.

Why Would Gaara have to Send Sand away from himself like how he Intercepted the Faster Raging V2 A, When he Will Have Sand Already Guarding Him Automatically?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  50. Bonly The Young Master

That wouldn't work since Itachi wont be standing on sand from the get go.

yup you got it

No i just thought that it was chidori but it was able to extend as a spear.

Feats of such?