1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Discussion for the forum medals contest is happening here. Please drop in and give your input.

PC Final Fantasy XIV

Discussion in 'Game Shelf' started by Superman, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Superman Man of Steel

Who is getting it? and who wants to join with me when it comes out?

2. forkandspoon The only things that never end

I played ff11 forever, loved the hell out of it, went back to it like a year ago played it for a few months and loved the hell out of it still, I don't play right now mostly because I don't have the time (Though I might go reactive my account right now lol) but I'm looking more forward to this game then I am my wedding.

3. Coldbid Member

Im going to wait a few months after its released and see if anyone thinks its any good. Needs to be better then the one im playing now before i either give it up entirely or I end up playing 2 subscription MMos which isnt a good idea but its my money and ill use it how ever the hell i want! =)

4. Helix T̵̷́h͞e̵͡ ̡K҉͘į͞n̷͜g̵̛̕

I'll probably be getting this since I played FFXI for a couple years.

5. Setoshi Lit

I played FFXI for a couple of years and without hesitation I'll get XIV for the PC, I just hope they don't make it so time consuming and make it that you can see progress without placing so much effort because we all have lives.

6. ۩ReYmДN-dono۩ ۩ N/A۩

i've always wanted to play FXI,but never did,so going to play this for sure.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
  7. Zenou Ancient Legend

I'm in, will juggle FFXI and FFXIV.

8. HappyGawl Author Man

I am looking forward to FF XIV very much, as it has been said that it will cater to casual gamers, which is a big sell point for me. I just wonder the system requirements are going to be for it. Looks like it's about time to invest in a new gaming PC. :laugh

9. Razing Phoenix 新世界

Never tried XI but I'm hoping to try XIV when it comes.

10. Fran I'm with <b><font color="#000080">Bruce</font></b>

I was Mattaru, Fenrir on FF11 if any of you Fenrir bumboys are on here :edu

~~ I'll definitely look into FF14. It looks hot :druul Although, I don't know why I'm doing this. I've had very bad expeirence with Square-Enix online gaming :lmao :lmao

11. OldSchoolHound pondering what Im pondering?

hmmmm never liked the online versions. single player story just so much better,

and XII still pwns

12. Al-Yasa ⎷⎛⎝⎠⊙⏝⏝⊙⎝⎠⎷⎛

do we have to pay monthly to play

13. Knight of Fate ☢CAUTION☢

Yes, definitely.

14. swedishpasta BB King

Dont got the information i need about the game but it could turn out pretty

15. Setoshi Lit

So does anyone have a general idea on what class they'd like to be?

16. Jade Jigglypuff

I'll probably look into it once more info is released. I never played XI so I don't know how an online FF setting would be.

17. Fraust Nocturnal

I would get it if it wasn't for monthly payments. I already have to pay for Xbox Live and shit dealing with college, I just can't afford it.

18. Alunus New Member

I definitely want to check this out, my friend was telling me about it the other day. I played FFXI when it first came out back in like 2001-2002 and I was hella young when it first came out. I switched back and forth between FFXI, WoW, and Guild Wars for some time, last time I went back to FFXI was last summer.

I never really played too hardcore though, my highest is a 52 Red Mage/Black Mage named Alunus on Fenrir. Wehn I hear more about this game I may decide to get it, I need a new MMO to play. :)

19. Corruption The Sword in the Darkness

$15/month isn't much considering the amount of play time you get out of an MMO. And what Xbox Live is like $45 a year or something like that?

I'm keeping my eye on this and see how it turns out. Right now I'm enjoying Aion.

20. Fraust Nocturnal

Well, being in college, I wouldn't be playing it much honestly. I guess I'll stick to offline FFs, though I'm dying to play XI and this one. :cry

21. Corruption The Sword in the Darkness

Yea from playing FFXI, that definitely wasn't casual friendly. Although, I heard it has gotten better, I haven't played in a few years.

22. Jotun Dyroness

beta signups peeps do it

23. Stumpy Ǧ̴͚͠ǒ̳̹̘̄̈́ǫ͚̪͊ͬ̄̿ͮ̍͑ ́͢d̥ ̤̼̈̀͌

Did it. I must say, I am excited to see what Square has learned from FFXI.

24. Helix T̵̷́h͞e̵͡ ̡K҉͘į͞n̷͜g̵̛̕

I'm really hoping I get accepted. I thoroughly enjoyed FFXI (mainly because of the people I played with). I would've stayed, but I couldn't keep up with the monthly subscriptions.

25. Jotun Dyroness

I hope they change the stupid "Everyone pays on the 1st" policy. They are dropping POL so that's a good sign. I've heard rumors of item based subscription though which does scare me. I would rather pay a flat out fee to be honest.

26. forkandspoon The only things that never end

Signed up for the Beta can't wait for it, I hope they have a "class" like beastmaster in this game, maybe if you equip a whip you will be able to charm mobs lol? I sort of want to go back too 11 and play my beastmaster some.

also looks like they added a character creation screen to their website.

27. Jotun Dyroness

No pet classes in 14, doesn't look too good for after launch either.

28. forkandspoon The only things that never end

This hasn't been confirmed yet though? I mean they have announced all of the Physical damage related classes already but it could be a magical class , like summoner. I know Beastmasters being able to solo caused a lot of problems early in ff11 , especially MPK issues.

29. Helix T̵̷́h͞e̵͡ ̡K҉͘į͞n̷͜g̵̛̕

Anyone know when they'll start selecting applicants?

30. Jotun Dyroness

It's been confirmed in various interviews. The closest thing to summoner people MIGHT get is some type of class like maybe Illusionist, where you become the summon/avatar/esper. Otherwise, no pet classes on launch for sure and the way they talk about it, I doubt it for xpacs also

31. pinkystick New Member

I've heard many good things about FFXI from my friend. Definitely considering it when it comes out. I mean, it's Final Fantasy :D

32. forkandspoon The only things that never end

Well that sucks, any word on a buffing/debuffing class? I always liked that they had that type of class instead of just dps/tank/healer. Something like the Bard or Red mage.

33. Jotun Dyroness

The next update will be on the magic classes hopefully. I'm hoping for a bard/rdm/cor type myself

34. forkandspoon The only things that never end

Magic classes will be interesting , though I never took whm/rdm/blm/blu past lvl 40

I'm really thinking about starting playing 11 again just to hold me over, but the games changed so much when I went back like a year ago I was sort of lost.

35. Jesus Date Vegeta, I...

signed up for the beta, any word on when they will tell us when beta starts?

36. forkandspoon The only things that never end

Probably not for awhile, I'm signed up for 3 different computers/accounts, Praying I get in!

37. b0rt retired, moving on. =)

FF14 should be titled "the Return of Cloud: Kicking Ass and Taking Names!!"

38. Sh1mata Member

Ill be playing, i signed up for the beta too :) who knows if ill get in though...

39. Flow hahahahaha

It sucks that it most likely won't come out for 360.

This may be one of the only games that will make me get a 360. There is always PC though.

40. forkandspoon The only things that never end

It's a mmo , it should be kept far away from consoles IMO , would be a much better game if it was going to be PC exclusive. Of course I wish they took it a step further and made it for Mac and/or Linux too. Building a decent gaming PC can be expensive enough but having to invest that $100-$200 in windows 7 or risk pirating it.

Either way I am super hyped about ff14

41. Sh1mata Member

FF 11 was cross platform, i think that made a good game great. I had plenty of friends that bought the ps2 version and i had it on PC, so we could all play together.

as far as i know its going to be out for ps3 and PC. The beta is PC only at the time being. i signed up a while ago and havent heard anything new yet though. it was stated that selection is not based on who signed up first.

when the game comes out ill be buying it on ps3 since i dont want to pay for a new graphics card.

42. blackbird Sky High

but getting a Mac with the same specs would cost about twice as much, no?

Oh you. :hehee

I'm somewhat excited. In my book, FFIX is the second-best MMO out there, though I admit I hope Square has learned a lot from Western MMOs for this new installment. What I've seen so far has basically been FFXI in HD. Hopefully the real changes lie in game mechanics.

43. Flow hahahahaha

And damn those taru.

Always trying to make them selves look cute with there /emotes. :C

44. Amanomurakumo Capsule

The downside to making a MMO on console is that eventually the MMO will outlast the hardware. There were plenty of changes and upgrades that SE could not do because the PS2 was holding the game back. At least, that was their excuse for quite alot of things that they weren't able to implement.

The PS3 at least is extremely powerful and honestly should be more than enough for MMO to last a long time and still be able to be updated without risk of hardware limitations.

45. forkandspoon The only things that never end

lol not a mac owner huh?

I mean yeah you could go buy a shitty dell laptop for half the price of a MBP and I have done that for my office and at home and its really just doesn't compare to owning this.

X

and for the desktop variety and you want dual screens you can't go wrong with

X

and let me play WoW at like 30+ fps and surf/listen/watch on my 2nd monitor. go ahead and buy a $300 desktop and pray to get the same performance. Bought my mini base line, bought a new hd and ram from a third party, opening that mini was really fun.

I cant speak for these two products and they are a little over priced imo but boy are they pretty.
    X
    X

after saying all that I am posting from a windows machine I built because I am doing some higher end gaming.

46. ragnara &#32

It doesn't look nearly as awesome as Final Fantasy XI but being such a big fan I'm probably going to give it a chance.

47. Spencer_Gator Pain is a god.

14 looks good. But I would rather get versus 13 honestly, I'll prob get both though lol

48. Clay The Writing Writer Super Moderator

So I hear the beta starts March 11th. Woo! :iria

49. forkandspoon The only things that never end

Sigh no invite to the first round of beta for me.

50. Frostman G.O.A.T (Greatest of all Time)

I'll be getting it. I played FFXI for almost two years. Im gonna try to get it at launch too, get a monopoly on the game.