1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK

2. The latest NF Newsletter is out (July), read it here
  3. Summer Glow
    The HoU Banner Contest this time is centered on Summer time.
    The deadline is until July 23rd and you only have to click here to go straight to the information you need.

4. Ladies and gents, the Tech Hub has been archived! Any tech-related questions can go in KCC now, and make sure to use the new [Tech] tag!

FAQ after software upgrade to Xenforo (2016)

Discussion in 'Questions & Complaints' started by heartsutra, Apr 28, 2016.

1. heartsutra a distant memory Advisor

Note: The information presented here is subject to change. This post will be updated continuously.

Navigation and Skins
    Q1. Where can I view my thread subscriptions?
    Q2. Page numbers are not highlighted, could you change that?
    Q3. Where is Orange Skin? Will you create more skins?
    Q4. How do I collapse Avenues on the front page?
    Q5. How do I access the BB Code Editor?

Spoiler:
    Q1. Where can I view my thread subscriptions?
    A1. Thread Subscriptions are now called Watched Threads, this can be accessed by click on the Watched Threads (http://forums.hero-academia.com/watched/threads) link at the top of the page. As shown below:
    Spoiler:

This will show a list of all unread threads that you are watching/subscribed to. All threads that you were subscribed on the previous forum software will continue to be watched/subscribed.

If you then click on either There may be more to view or Show all watched threads (as shown below) this will bring up all watched/subscribed threads, including threads that have already been marked as read.
    Spoiler:

Or watch the following video for a quicker summary:

Q2. Page numbers are not highlighted, could you change that?
    A2. At the moment the current page number is only highlighted on the Dark Skin, we are working hard to update this as soon as possible. For more information see details about Forum Skins below.

Q3. Where is Orange Skin? Will you create more skins?
    A3. The classic Orange skin has not been moved across to the new forum software. Due to the difference in forum software it was not possible to transfer automatically. We need to remake the skins before uploading. This will take time, but eventually we hope to restore all of the classic Narutoforums skins. [April 30 update: Go here (http://forums.hero-academia.com/threads/orange-style-beta.1071860/) to test Orange Skin beta give feedback!]

For the time being there are 2 skins that can be used, the default White Skin and a Black skin. There are 2 methods for changing the skin and the example of how to do this can be seen below.

Method 1: Through User Preferences

Hover over your Username at the top right of the page and a menu will pop up, then click on Preferences. The first option will say Style. Click on the drop down box and click on the option for either Original v1 Skin (Default) or Original v1 Dark Skin. Once you have decided, scroll down and Save.

Method 2: Change settings at bottom of page
    Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click on the text labeled Original v1 Skin (Above the About me text box), this will bring up the option to switch between currently available skins.

Q4. How do I collapse Avenues on the front page?
    A4. There are some sections of the forums which you may not post in very often, if this is the case then you may want to minimize these sections to allow you to browse the forums easier and a more suitable way for you. This is very simple and can be reverted easily. (Just incase you change your mind!)

On the right hand side of each subsection, for example the One Piece Avenue there is a + symbol. Each subsection has these. If you click on this it will minimize the subsection, but the name and the + symbol will remain.

See below video for example on how to minimize and maximize a subsection.

Q5. How do I access the BB Code Editor?
    A5. It's possible to activate it for all your posts in your Preferences: just unclick Use the rich text editor.
    Spoiler:

To activate or deactive the BB Code Editor in your posts, you need to click the button at the top right (Hover text: Use BB Code Editor)

You can also use this option when editing your messages

When you use the BB Code Editor, you won't be able to press buttons to write the codes for you. You will have to write them manually. If you want to reverse the change, click use Rich Text Editor at the bottom of the text field.

Reputation and Ratings
    Q1. Where can I see how much reputation I have?
    Q2. Where is my reputation or rating history?
    Q3. Can these ratings be turned off?/Can I be sealed?
    Q4. I'm being harassed through reputation and ratings, what do?

Spoiler:
    Q1. Where can I see how much reputation I have?
    A1. This is currently not possible, but we will likely enable this feature in the near future.

Q2. Where is my reputation or rating history?
    A2. The rating history used to be accessible via a tab on your profile page. This is currently not possible, however

Ratings Received can be found here: http://forums.hero-academia.com/account/ratings-received

Ratings Given can be found here: http://forums.hero-academia.com/account/ratings-given​

You can reach it with the reputation tab on your profile page.

Your rep messages are also delivered via Alerts. You can find them in your Alert history, mixed with other alerts.

Q3. Can these ratings be turned off?/Can I be sealed?
    A3. This is currently not possible, but will also likely be enabled in the near future.

Q4. I'm being harassed through reputation and ratings, what do?
    A4. If you are being harassed in any way, make a thread in the Staff Conference Room (http://forums.hero-academia.com/forums/staff-conference-room.143/) under Question & Complaints in Anbu Central. The thread will only be visible to you and us. Staff members will take a look at the case and try to resolve the issue.

Settings/Privacy/Preferences
    Q1. How do I disable avatars or images on the forum?
    Q2. How do I disable signatures? How do I disable signatures for individual posts or threads?
    Q3. How can I turn off notifications from people on my Ignore List?
    Q4. I don't like my Profile Statuses on public display on the front page, what do?

Spoiler:
    Hover over your name in the top right corner of the forum. To change your Settings (http://www.narutoforums.com/account/preferences) and Preferences (http://www.narutoforums.com/account/privacy), click on the respective options.

Q1. How do I disable avatars or images on the forum?
    A1. Avatars and images cannot be disabled for the time being. Our admin team is working to make it possible in the near future.

Q2. How do I disable signatures? How do I disable signatures for individual posts or threads?
    A2. At the moment disabling signatures for individual posts or threads is not possible. You can only turn them off globally. To disable signatures, uncheck the respective box in your Preferences.

Q3. How can I turn off notifications from people on my Ignore List?
    A3. Staff is aware of this issue and working to fix this. Until we find the cure, please ignore those alerts through raw willpower.

Q4. I don't like my Profile Statuses on public display on the front page, what do?
    A4. Adjust the parameters in your Privacy settings to your liking.

"Profile viewable to all visitors"/"Profile viewable to members"
    → Your profile messages will appear in the feed on the front page, visible to guests/all members. Guests cannot post messages on your profile.

"Profile viewable to members"
    + "Only people you follow can post messages on your profile"
    → Your profile messages appear in the feed on the front page of those that follow you whether you follow them or not; but they can't post on your profile if you don't follow them.

"Profile viewable to people you follow only"
    → Your profile messages only appear in the feed on the front page of those followed by you.

Misc. and Technical problems
    Q1. Posts/Messages made before the ugrade have disappeared! Can you bring them back?
    Q2. Where did my forum prize (sparkles, custom usertitle, avatar rights) go?
    Q3. Some BB Code/tags are not working anymore, can you fix that?
    Q4. Sometimes I can't escape/close pop-up windows and pages take forever to load/don't load at all – what do?

Spoiler:
    Q1. Posts/Messages made before the upgrade have disappeared! Can you bring them back?
    A1. This issue should only affect posts made after the transfer of content from the old vBulletin NF to Xenforo NF was started. The admin team is aware of this problem and look into it but it is uncertain whether the posts can be restored.

Q2. Where did my forum prize (sparkles, custom usertitle, avatar rights) go?
    A2. The majority of HTML Usertitles are broken right now but the admin team is already working to fix this issue. Big Avatar rights will be automatically removed by Xenforo after the prize duration expires. This means your avatar will be resized automatically when your rights expire. One Time Big Avatar Uploads, unfortunately, cannot be offered as a prize anymore because of this. Sparkles are supposedly restored. Please contact staff if your prizes aren't working the way they should be.

Q3. Some BB Code/tags are not working anymore, can you fix that?
    A3. The admin team is already working on this issue. The bulk of broken code is customized BB code tailored to necessity and demands accumulated over the years on vBulletin. If you wish to help, feel free to report broken BBcodes.

Q4.
    Sometimes I can't escape/close pop-up windows and pages take forever to load/don't load at all – what do?
    A4. Narutoforums.com is slowed down by scripts related to advertisements which only our absent Super Admin Tazmo can change. Your issue should be fixed if you use the faster mirror (http://forums.hero-academia.com/). The mirror redirects you to forums.hero-academia.com but don't worry, it will be fine. A button for it can be found in the navigation bar at the top of the page as well.

Suggestions for further Improvement will be sighted and sorted by staff and implemented if sensible. Please understand that we can make no promises and not all suggestions will or can be realized.
    1. Make emoticons and BB Code work for profile messages
    2. Show all thread subscriptions in the Watched Threads tab instead of just threads with new posts [→sauce (http://forums.hero-academia.com/threads/watched-threads-usercp-middle-ground.1071757/)]
    3. Allow users to use the 'who posted' feature by clicking on the number of replies to a thread [→ sauce (http://forums.hero-academia.com/threads/changes-for-the-new-forum.1071520/)]
    4. Option that allows users to display only their year of birth without the full date [→ sauce (http://forums.hero-academia.com/threads/changes-for-the-new-forum.1071520/)]
    5. Option to alter display of posts per page [→ sauce (http://forums.hero-academia.com/threads/changes-for-the-new-forum.1071520/)]
    6. Ability to enlarge the popup for the 'Quick Navigation (http://forums.hero-academia.com/misc/quick-navigation-menu?selected=node-142)' feature [→ sauce (http://forums.hero-academia.com/threads/changes-for-the-new-forum.1071520/)]
    7. Adjust the display of minimized section on the front page to match the skin in use [→ sauce (http://forums.hero-academia.com/threads/minimizing-sections-color.1071765/#post-55560329) | done]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
    • Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  2. Mider T VM Rapist

How do I see which posts I got likes and such for?

3. heartsutra a distant memory Advisor

I'll quote jayjay for this & add the question to the FAQ.

4. Freechoice Freechoice

5. Mider T VM Rapist

6. Ultear fast and bulbous

you should add the use the forum mirror to stop the "I can't escape insert [whatever] buttons"
    literally the most asked question

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. heartsutra a distant memory Advisor

8. heartsutra a distant memory Advisor

Updated Navigation and Skins/Q3. regarding Orange Skin.
    We have a beta now. Go here (http://forums.hero-academia.com/threads/orange-style-beta.1071860/) to test Orange Skin beta & give feedback!

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  9. Mider T VM Rapist

10. Finalbeta Bravo Ragazzo

Now I will sleep better

Most of them were easy to achieve by ourselves tho

11. Chrollo Lucilfer Skill Hunter

is there a way to take images off on xenforo? didnt want to create a thread for this @Ultear @Gina @Xiammes :wot

12. Xiammes I am the senate. Super Moderator

13. Ultear fast and bulbous

can't see it in preferences so I assume you can't

if you're not on mobile, then you can probably find an extension to do it for you

14. K U N O Sexually Active Member

15. ane Super Moderator

At the moment you have to pm a mod to request. Not sure if it can be fixed so members apply directly again.

16. K U N O Sexually Active Member

Who're the BH bouncers?

17. Aphrodite Global Moderator

I'll put in the request. If you don't have access within in 48 hours, PM me.

19. Zeno SHITPOST TENDENCY

Catdank Faction:
    Is there a way to hide everything but my avatar, name, and title?

if not can i get an adminfuck for it?

20. Gina

Catdank Faction:
    incoming adminfuck where u keep everything but :catdankv3: