1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Discussion for the forum medals contest is happening here. Please drop in and give your input.
  3. Please vote in the following contest threads: AOTW MIRROR, SOTW MIRROR

Epic Beyblade match: Kai Hiwatari vs Ryuga

Discussion in 'Manga/Anime Battledome' started by Bender, Jul 29, 2011.

Who wins?

1. Kai hiwatari

17 vote(s)
    94.4%
  2. Ryuga

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. Bender A sword for those in need

Kai Hiwatari

X

VS.

Ryuga

X

1. Who's cooler?

2. Fight-wise

Round one:

Kai Hiwatari Dranzer Gigs

vs.
    Ryuga Lightning L-Drago 100HF

Round two

Dranzer Gigs Turbo,

vs.

Meteo L-Drago LW105LF

Final round

Dranzer Metal Spiral

vs.
    L-Drago Destroy F: S

2. Fleet Admiral Akainu A.K.A. Frank Grimes

Kai's spinning top has a giant Pheonix:maybe Whats this guy gonna do?

3. Level7N00b Stainless Steel

Anybody from the main series is better than anyone else from Metal Fail.

4. philharmonic21 Guided By Music

Well Ryuga and his hax beyblade would win all scenarioes in battle (it ability allows it to steal the opponents' energy and that shit survive being shot into lava).

As for who's cooler, to me it's a toss up. The dub ruined Ryuga's voice though.

Found a Ryuga feat too.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pMaD5CZ6U8[/YOUTUBE]

5. locotoooo .........

Only answer needed

6. BrokenBonds Blinded by Instinct

Hmm, I loved Kai when I watched the original series! Who the fuck is that asshole though? Did they make a sequel? :facepalm

Kai, burning phoenix thing wins this. :blinditachi

7. Bender A sword for those in need

You're forgetting that Kai defeated a guy that was able turn the world inside out using his mind. :zaru

Shit, before he could awaken his powers fully Kai beat him using the same force that Gingka does: spirit.

8. Level7N00b Stainless Steel

Wasn't Kai using the "feed off your opponents energy" technique in the first episode?

As it stands, Kai has the only legit win over Brooklyn. :hmpf :gun

9. Kurou GINGA DOROBO

Uh, Ryuga was the only good character from the new series. I actually liked him more than a few from the main series. I guess the main characters father (forgot his name) was pretty cool but they ruined him in a matter of episodes.

10. Disaresta Grim Angel

Didn't even read thread op before auto voting for kia, as far as I can recall tyson only ever PIS'd him :maybe

At least in my world :LOS

11. Bender A sword for those in need

Second episode to be precise. Tyson's beyblade knocked him in the air came back down and shattered his beyblade to pieces.

12. Fleet Admiral Akainu A.K.A. Frank Grimes

I'm pretty sure Kai's Beyblade has taken a dip into lava. My memory is really bad with this, but I'm sure at some point it happened. Several bitbeasts Dranzer has fought have attacked him with high tempertured attacks that would heat the whole arena. Like that Salamander from the Majestics. Dranzer himself attacks with flames.

13. Bender A sword for those in need

Kai like a lot of the other Beybladers in the original series attacked the bladers too

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8BIHPOg_e8&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

14. Divine Sovereign Knightmare Sorrow

Kai, specially since the original series is far better than metal whatever.

15. Shooting burst stream Active Member

Kai wins beacause, wait I don't need a reason. I mean after all it's KAI. DRANZER FTW!

16. Fleet Admiral Akainu A.K.A. Frank Grimes

After several years of cold reality destroying my imagination...Looking at Beyblade today, the whole series makes NO fucking sense. How the fuck do they control those spinning tops and why the fuck is Kai in physical pain?:giogio

Still love that series though...:giogio

17. Divine Sovereign Knightmare Sorrow

Barely noticed that?

18. Amari Banned

Dranzar. Nuff said.

19. nadinkrah Shark Demon

lol Kai creates a shockwave when his blade hits the ground. I don't remember which episode this was but I remember him slicing a huge ass glacier with Dranzer.

20. Level7N00b Stainless Steel

Those with Bit Beasts are connected to them. They are controlled by the very same bond. Whatever the bit beast feels, the blader feels as well. Otherwise there would be no explanation for why the blader is so physically exhausted after an intense battle.

See the final Ozuma vs Tyson battle. They both passed out after destroying a large part of a castle.

21. Fleet Admiral Akainu A.K.A. Frank Grimes

But even fodder kids can control their beyblades:hmm

22. Level7N00b Stainless Steel

Its the same for those without bit beasts. Somehow the beyblades are able to respond to commands. I doubt there is some sort of tech inside the blade that makes them able to recognize audio commands from their owners.

And they usually avoid fodder getting harmed. Except for how they did Wyatt. :maybe

23. Fleet Admiral Akainu A.K.A. Frank Grimes

Who was that again?:maybe

24. Level7N00b Stainless Steel

The Kai fanboy who kept stalking him all over the place in V Force. He tried to use an incomplete version of Cyber Dranzer and went insane from the power.

25. Fleet Admiral Akainu A.K.A. Frank Grimes

Ah yes...Did they ever save that boy?

Just remembered thats the ep where Kai got Dranzer Volcano:datass He was styling all over Tyson in the beginning of that ep.

26. Robert Haydn Evil Genius

Lol I'm the only one who voted for Ryuga. No surprise at
    all though, Metal Fight Beyblade has like 4 cool characters
    and that's it. I get why why nobody watches it.

Still, I at least know that Ryuga wins. He's a much stronger blader and cooler
    than Kai, who I've always disliked. Kai in G-Revolution was a score loser who
    obsessed over Tyson as if only he was better than him. There were others, get
    over yourself dude. And his beating Brooklyn was one of the biggest pity wins ever.

Ryuga on the other hand started season 1 stronger than EOS Kai and has gotten
    stronger. He's only lost once and didn't even give a shit than. He's also beaten Ginga
    every time (3 I believe) since than.

27. Level7N00b Stainless Steel

No. He went insane. And he died in the Japanese version.

Him being a better character is your opinion, which I respect.

Indeed, it's true they made MF characters stronger than the originals, but that doesn't say much for quality.

And yes, he is better than Tyson. He defeated Ray, he defeated Max, he defeated Daichi, he defeated Rick. Kai proved all he had to prove in the tournament. And he's even matched Garland in training. So no, Kai didn't obsess over Tyson as if he drew some short straw.

And Max and Ray are also better than Tyson. Tyson's status as the main character were abused by the writers, and far too many of his wins just look so cheap, especially in G Revolution where I believe he lost cleanly only once, and that was in the tag battle between Julia and Raul.

Kai gave Tyson the greatest battle ever in the tournament, and Tyson only matched up because Kai wanted it to be fair and square with no advantages on his end. If Kai didn't intentionally weaken a brand new Dranzer with Bryan and Spencer, he would have won the battle.

And if you want to call him defeating Brooklyn a pity win, I can do that too by saying the writers made him too powerful so that it looked like no one could defeat him fairly.

28. DarkLord Omega Nightmare Ruler

Actually Tyson was losing battles because he became a overconfident bastard. When he finally bonded with Dragoon again was when he started to get wins.

29. Robert Haydn Evil Genius

When I said obsess, I'm really only talking about the BEGA thing. Which is mostly why I dislike Kai. He sided with them, knowing what kind of person Boris was just to oppose Tyson and get another shot at fighting him in a big tournament. He didn't even have any plans to betray tham.

He was content with helping ruin Beyblade just to have a rematch with Tyson. Than he only came back because Brooklyn made a total joke out of him, not because it was the right thing to do.

I disagree. Brooklyn wasn't unbeatable, Kai just wasn't strong enough to actually beat him. You don't legitimately beat someone, than have your Beyblade shatter into dust when the other guy barely got scratched.

Danzer MS should have broke long before the end if it shattered that badly afterwards.

Everything else I can agree with. Tyson was an awful main character. Glad they learned from him though, Ginga loses quite a bit.

30. Fleet Admiral Akainu A.K.A. Frank Grimes

Whats he done with his Beyblade to claim hes stronger than Kai. All I know soo far is that it dips in lava which shouldn't be enough really. Dranzer is as strong as Dragoon who blows up world class stadiums and other large facilities.

31. Level7N00b Stainless Steel

Tyson was an overconfident bastard from start to finish.

I'll give you that, and all that it means. But it make shim more interesting than cheap or anything like it. It just means Kai will do what he has to in order to win. No one likes a character on the straight and narrow.

Are you kidding? At all times through all three series, Kai is top tier. Brooklyn made a joke out of him when Kai was giving it everything he had and more, without using his potential, just his natural ability.

And if Kai wasn't strong enough to beat him, no one else was going to do much better. Even Garland recommended Kai not battle him. So if the top bladers in the series wanna leave him the fuck alone, then there is no one really who could match Brooklyn. Know what that means? Brooklyn was nigh invincible at that point.

Tyson's biggest wins are on plot alone. Tyson vs Tala was hilariously bad. His teammates could barely match up to the Demolition Boys, but Tyson, who is roughly equal to them can defeat their strongest blader, as well as a gang of other bit beasts and they wanna call it legit? Get the fuck outta here with that!

32. Robert Haydn Evil Genius

He casually shoots his Bey at a building size plateau and destroys it.

And there's this, which he did with his 1st & weakest of 3 L-Drago Beyblades.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adjRpwcnixQ

...I still wonder how that didn't kill her.

33. DarkLord Omega Nightmare Ruler

Not in the first series & V-Force. Besides, I hated his G-Revolution character.

34. Fleet Admiral Akainu A.K.A. Frank Grimes

Dranzer still has more power.

That fellow takes a game of spinning tops a little tooo seriously though:lmao

35. Utopia Realm Love me?

I think my most hated match was Cyber Dragoon versus Dragoon.

He should have been lolstomped in that one.:facepalm

36. Robert Haydn Evil Genius

Not really...it didn't make him any stronger so he wasn't 'doing what it takes to win' just siding with the bed guys for a dumb reason.

Are you kidding? At all times through all three series, Kai is top tier. Brooklyn made a joke out of him when Kai was giving it everything he had and more, without using his potential, just his natural ability.

And if Kai wasn't strong enough to beat him, no one else was going to do much better.[/QUOTE]
    You're right :D:

Brooklyn was invincible.

37. Level7N00b Stainless Steel

He was. But in season 1, he was just selfish, like how he tried to take on all of the Majestics, not letting anyone else have a shot because he thinks it's all about him. And in V Force he rightfully paid for it plenty of times.

When Ozuma defeated him, it was because Tyson didn't take things seriously. He was so high off his world championship title which he seemed to think was his alone. And I hated that as well. And the same happened over and over. He started acting like a dick and even asked Kenny to make him an illegal beyblade.

But I agree, it was worst in G Revolutions. He gets mad at Ray, Max, and Kai for leaving the team, when they only want what he wants. Max got him to the final match in V Force, but Tyson snatched the title for himself. Tyson needed a newsflash that his friends don't exist to bring him to the top.

You're right :D:

Brooklyn was invincible.[/QUOTE]

He wasn't with them long enough to do proper training. I mean he spared with Garland a few times, but that's it. Once Brooklyn kicked his ass, Kai was gone for a while. BEGA just had flat out better training systems and facilities that they could have out faster than Kenny, awesome as he was could match.

38. Robert Haydn Evil Genius

All the V-Force battles were shit.

It was just
    1. Launch Bey
    2. Bit Beasts come out & Pokemon battle
    3. One loses, goes back to it's Bey, it suddenly stops spinning

39. Level7N00b Stainless Steel

I just recently rewatched V Force, but I skipped that battle because it's so god awful! IIRC, Tyson was even ready to call Dragoon back into his beyblade and admit defeat.

Definite cop out win.

That was the best part! It beats the beyblades just knocking into each other for the entire match! However, I would have liked to see the bit beasts themselves perform their special attacks. :tomasulk

Definitely not perfect, but better than the ghostly appearances they had in season 1.

40. DarkLord Omega Nightmare Ruler

Better than G-Revolution with its DBZ overdramatic battles

41. Utopia Realm Love me?

The Cyber Dragoon one was ridiculous though.

That bit beast was launching energy shockwaves that were carving through from the interior of the facility to around 20 meters outside through the air. I mean, the walls (which should be made of at least steel) inside were being carved up like paper and Dragoon was getting mauled by them. The damn dragon was at least twice the size of Dragoon as well.

Complete plot victory for Tyson.:sag

42. Fleet Admiral Akainu A.K.A. Frank Grimes

Is it me or was Tyson's brother a horrible character...

43. Level7N00b Stainless Steel

As far as the battles in G Revolutions were concerned, I guess I liked the special attack animation. But I still prefer how the bit beasts came out and wrecked shit in V Force. But then again, you can't do that if you are in a stadium full of extras people.

Not even sure what he was there for. I guess they needed someone to whip his ass into shape now that the team split up. Didn't like him either though.

44. DarkLord Omega Nightmare Ruler

That was the best battle cause it showed that tyson was about to give up only for Dragoon telling him hell no.

45. Fleet Admiral Akainu A.K.A. Frank Grimes

He tried so hard to come off as badass, yet accomplished nothing:geg The whole thing about trying to set up a challenge between Tyson and Brooklyn was retarded..

Dragoon won most of his battles for himself...

46. Level7N00b Stainless Steel

His Jin of the Gale persona could have been handled better.

Yeah, his stoic big brother thing failed hard! He kinda just came off as a jackass! And in him trying to get his bro bro a good challenge, he got the fabric of reality fucked sideways.

Nice job chief. :zaru

47. DarkLord Omega Nightmare Ruler

Examples of Dragoon winning for himself?

Only the Cyber Dragoon battle was him wanting to win & not lose

48. Bender A sword for those in need

@Robert Hayden & Level7N00b

Not all of Tyson's battles wins were plot alone. He had a pretty legit win against Ozuma in V-force and got back at Enrique in Beyblade 2000 (first Beyblade series). Also the Tyson vs Tala eh, I would agree with you about him not winning fairly had he not trained with Kai in the episode preceding it. IIRC Kai betrayed the Bladebreakers in season one and switched to the Demolition boys so It only makes sense that he knows about their abilities.

49. Bender A sword for those in need

It's a damn shame that the battles in V-force and Beyblade couldn't be as epic as G-revolutions. :iria The bladers attacking along with their bit beast was pretty goddamn epic. :maybe

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=732_ZL8W9DA[/YOUTUBE]

The biggest douche move by Tyson was tearing up Hilary's/Hiromi's training plan to help them control their beyblades new gear. Shit at least Kai was the only one with his head on his shoulders. :C I'm glad Hilary/Hiromi punched Tyson.

50. DarkLord Omega Nightmare Ruler

That's what I hated about G-Revolution. Why the hell would they move around, makes it so over dramatic.