1. Hey, we're currently doing an overhaul for Akihabara!
    Come check out this long-term project. Prizes given to those who participate.Read More.
  2. The Arcade is hosting the 2016 Game of the Year awards!
    Pay us a visit and nominate your candidates for each category. Read More.
  3. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  4. Hey folks!

This week, there's a Flash Fiction reboot that you should participate in: here

Don't miss it.
  5. Please discuss and vote on the fate of the reputation system here.

EMS powers of Sasuke

Discussion in 'Konoha Library' started by Namikaze-Minato, May 16, 2011.

1. Namikaze-Minato Hokage Sage

if i'm wrong, please correct me. but everyone keeps saying they want to see Sasuke's EMS powers, from my understanding. isn't it just the powers he already has, it just causes his eyes to not lose sight??? Maybe full Susano'o powers, but besides that. i thought it was just being able to use MS without losing sight now.

2. T-Bag Blackbeard

That's only half the story. The transplant also gave birth to a BRAND NEW EYE DOUJUTSU.

3. Jak N Blak Jakanese run shit.

...I dont care about the new tech. I just wanna see Full-Susanoo lol

4. Namikaze-Minato Hokage Sage

5. Klue 輪廻

No, Itachi said a new doujutsu is made available. Whether a new ability or a list of, wasn't made clear.

6. dark messiah verdandi I found the soul

Yes, that is right, but think about this... What are the powers of the mangekyou sharingan??? Douryouku, Right? And what are Douryouku? Jutsu without using hand seals, and they are freeform, just like every other Kekkei genkai.
    Rather than being completely elementally inclined, the Douryouku are Visually and spiritually inclined.

They deal with things you can see or visuals, and with imaginary jutsu and concepts. Forms rather than shapes.

Aside from that, there is a new DOUJUTSU (Not doryouku), that is gained from transplanting two mangekyou.

Wrong. Mangekyou Douryouku are created through one's own intention and imagination.

The disconnect comes from sasuke seemingly inheriting itachi's Douryouku. The truth is he RECREATED itachi's jutsu. He would not have activated them without first seeing them, but because he had, he was able to use it.

Douryouku are created, not awakened. Proof of it is kakashi's lack of itachi's jutsu, yet creation of his own kamui.

The EMS awakens another DOUJUTSU, not DOURYOUKU.

7. Eternal Pein Amegakure

That's what I meant to say a new Doujutsu not a 4th tech.

8. Namikaze-Minato Hokage Sage

so you're saying the doujutsu is "another power" of the eye. and that's probably what is going to happen?

9. Eternal Pein Amegakure

Madara said that when he gained EMS it gave him the power he needed. EMS is implied to give the user a power up the scale of which the power up is though is unknown.

10. dark messiah verdandi I found the soul

No. I mean that the doujutsu is another eye altogether.

The most likely Transformation that it will take is the rin'negan.

We know that it is an uchiha power, the present originator of it is an uchiha (madara)

And we know that Sasuke is the next person that madara plans to sync with gedou mazou, and he gave his rin'negan to the first person, so that he would use gedou rin'ne tensei.

It is actually a good plan. I see gedou mazou as a jutsu amplifier. One gives up their chakra to align themselves with a FAR bigger creature. (almost like RM)
    Because of that, they can control the movements and chakra of Gedou mazou, using as a simulacrum, and casting THROUGH it. Gedou Rin'ne Tensei uses chakra to revive the dead.

If you use that with the power of the juubi... You could revive the body itself, right?
    Right.

That is why madara wants another Rin'negan user, because one endangers their lives using that jutsu, and why would madara do that?

11. Csdabest O.Y.D. Chris Styles

It says it gives them a new power. Madara knows of madara tsukiyomi amaterasu and susano'o.. Kakashi doesn't have the other eye for tsukiyomi thefore can't have susano-o. And doesn't have katon or fire release so can't producer the fire chakra needed for amaterasu.

12. Mathias124 Active Member

Would be awesome if his eyes allowed him to twist and turn reality in a 10m radius around him.

A permanent Izanagi that effects the environment around him !

13. AKmyWaffle Active Member

X
    Itachi stated that the transplant gave birth to a completely new doujutsu. What this means is unknown right now. But it could mean as little as a new technique, or as much as a new set of techniques.

14. Eternal Pein Amegakure

I already corrected my post from before. I suppose i'll just have to delete it.

15. AKmyWaffle Active Member

I'm afraid that won't be the end of it. You will have to cast the server into the fires from which it came in order to erase your post. (Plus the backups.)

16. dark messiah verdandi I found the soul

Doujutsu is english for Eye-technique. It is a transformation of the pupil into another shape.

Dourouyku is an eye power, a function of the change in pupil power.
    Doujutsu is the form, Doryouku is the function.

17. Csdabest O.Y.D. Chris Styles

Could of sworn I saw a trans or 2 that said douryuka

18. wibisana still newbie

I THOUGHT it only give eternity usage... not new power

19. Skywalker Imperial Conqueror

He gets a hax new power, EMS jut means more time in Susano'o for Sasuke. :giogio

20. Egotism Nostalgia. Ultra

He have to get new powers to be on par with Naruto. Remember Kishi tries to keep these two as close as he can power wise.

21. AoshiKun うちはサスケ

EMS will be a totally diferent Doujutsu, not only one more technique. Why?
    Just think about... this is a shounen, the second most important hero (or whatever you wanna call Sasuke) and the most important villain have it .

It's going to be a haxx.

22. AKmyWaffle Active Member

Sasuke is the most important hero/most important villain. The amount of gap Kishi has invested in him should have made that clear by now.

23. AoshiKun うちはサスケ

The gap is paintful but I do know Kishimoto will bring him in an awesome way.
    Remember when he first appeared in Part 2? Everybody was pretty shocked with his power and this time it might be even better.

24. dark messiah verdandi I found the soul

EMS is just what it says. An eternal mangekyou.
    Because douryouku are created and not inherant, it would not give the user a new one.

25. AoshiKun うちはサスケ

I really doubt it will give only one new technique. Sasuke even said he could feel Itachi's power flowing to him so I wouldn't be surprised if he is able to use Tsukuyomi and others jutsus from Itachi's arsenal.

26. IpHr0z3nI Active Member

The power of plot. EMS will grant anything Sasuke needs atm. Just like the sharingan.:hurr

27. AKmyWaffle Active Member

It would be hilarious if Sasuke raped Naruto again. Oh the shitstorms to come...

28. VI DC IV LIE VV

Thats when this series turns into a romantic comedy starring michael cera I.E terrible.

29. jgalt7 Rick Astley 4 President!

kishi will troll us and the power will be....

to copy/steal a kekkei genkai, which will probably explain how madara got shodaime's powers.....

unfortunately, madara's body was not designed to handle shodai's power (kinda like what happened to danzo), so it destroyed most of his body. which is probably how zetsu was formed.

he cloned what's left of his body (black zetsu) and the shodai part (white zetsu)......

30. dark messiah verdandi I found the soul

The eye doesn't naturally hold Tsukuyomi. It is a technical douryouku.
    It is something that requires complex commands, attention to detail, and use of algorithms. The eye doesn't just cast tsukuyomi through merit of it being a mangekyou, it is a power that is crafted intentionally.

That is why every MS genjutsu is not tsukuyomi. It's because Tsukuyomi was created intentionally.
    Tsukuyomi is a genjutsu that gives the user complete control of the perception of the opponent. It takes away all senses and gives them to the user, even the sense of time.

Sasuke has not ventured into controlling mental time with his genjutsu, thus has not recreated tsukuyomi. He could if he wanted to, but hasn't.

He won't automatically "unlock it" by putting in itachi's eyes. If he wants it, he has to first imagine it, and then feed that imagination with chakra. Strangely it seems that the Mangekyou copies its own function, which is why they cast one type of jutsu through one eye.

But yeah. The jutsu is in itachi's brain, not his eye.
    Sasuke would need to create Tsukuyomi with his own method.
    That is why his susano'o is different as well. Because he created in his own image. That is the power of the mangekyou. To make Conceptual jutsu real.
    Izanagi is not a mangekyou jutsu, but impedes on the same territory, which is why it closes forever.

31. T-Bag Blackbeard

32. Dark Red Z PROBLEM?

I think it'd be nice if Sasuke's EMS jutsu was...
    Madara's blackhole jutsu.

:hurr

33. BlinkST Never too l8 for Rinne h8

Wouldn't be very original for Sasuke as a shinobi.

Itachi was saying the eyes are a new dojutsu [Eyes casting power], not that they created a new dojutsu [power cast from eyes]. It's like the difference between the Sharingan and Mangekyo Sharingan. He references attaining a so-called "true transformation" and being "freed" from his "capacity".
    Spoiler:
    X

Spoiler:
    X

Spoiler:
    X

34. T-Bag Blackbeard

yo blinx explain something to me regarding your first image you posted. Itachi said that not everyone gained new techniques from the transplant. Does this mean there were others in the uchiha clan who attained the EMS as well?

35. silenceofthelambs Active Member

Sasuke's EMS, coupled with the fact that he's going to be linked to Gedo Mazo in the near future, is going to make him a total beast.

36. BlinkST Never too l8 for Rinne h8

No, I believe he means to say there were others who tried, but didn't succeed in gaining the dojutsu. That's actually one of the similarities between Naruto and Sasuke. They gain or perfect things other people didn't perfect or died trying to get.

37. T-Bag Blackbeard

hm it appears your right. I just remember'd Itachi saying Madara was the only man to figure out the sharingan's final secret.

38. icemaster143 Can out run a

It's just a perfected MS with a new jutsu attached.

Kishi isn't going to create an entirely new doujutsu when he hasn't even finished showing Sasuke's MS.

It's important to note that no one actually calls it EMS like we do in the manga. It is still refered to in the databooks and manga as MS. So any "transformation" isn't as large or grand as some would assume.

Sasuke's EMS will be powerful but kishi has already created a Rinnegan greater than all rule that seems to be important to the plot.

39. Lelouch71 Zero

40. ?_Camorra_? All ur chicken belongs to me

Nothing, Sasuke is done now according to popularity polls and he will probably be humiliated by Bee again :hurr

41. Coldhands A Thousand Eyes, and One

42. T-Bag Blackbeard

we've seen the rinnegan in action multiple times, but still haven't even gotten a teaser on the EMS. Seeing that, it should come of no surprise that the EMS will be super hax, yes even more hax than the rinnegan.

43. BlinkST Never too l8 for Rinne h8

Note ems was first introduced in X. Nothing much said back then aside from it being a "distinctly new ocular jutsu". We go on to 2010, when Sasuke get his new magic eyes. While the Rinnegan is being flashed around, Kishimoto still doesn't write anything about ems. Jan, '08-May '11 is 41 months. Sasuke himself has been out since getting his new eyes [X - now = 14 months > 1 year]]. So it's like, yeah. How can you not expect it to blow away everything else when Kishimoto is deliberately keeping it out of the picture? Ems is even "rarer" now because it has 2 users and the Rinnegan has 3 users [Thanks Madara!].

44. Vanadius Uchiha Forever

I've been doing extensive research on this issue. What exactly does the EMS do beside restore vision?

Let's take a look at various scanlations.

X

But that was only half the story. The transplant also gave birth to a completely new eye technique...

Obviously this "exchange" could only be done between clansmen. And simply gaining another's eyes didn't equate to gaining this power.

X

And not only that; a further change occurred. Those eyes gave rise to a new special technique.

However, such an exchange could only ever take place between members of the same clan. Besides which, it was not as if just anyone could obtain new power in this way.

X

But that was only half the story. The transplant also gave birth to a completely new dojutsu...

Obviously, this "exchange" could only be done between clansmen. And simply gaining another's eyes didn't equate to gaining this power.

I also took a look at Databook. Here is the entry for the X

The Databook remarks that the powers are a "vast and unexplored territory", and that "these heavenly eyes have further special powers that have yet to be clarified....".

Reading those translations, my biggest question was whether Itachi meant that the EMS gives:

1) Access to a 4th jutsu in addition to the three MS jutsu
    2) Access to a new eye evolution (with undetermined powers)

If it's option 2, then my guess is that Sasuke will still have his 3 Tomoe Base Sharingan (Stage 1). When he wants to use any of his 3 MS jutsu, his eyes will take on the EMS form (Stage 2). When he wants to use his new eye evolution (with it's unique powers), then his eyes will take on a radically different appearance (Stage 3). He'd be able to access any of the 3 stages at any time. Some people believe this new eye evolution is indeed the Rinnegan. Others think it's the eyes of the Elder brother.

Spoiler:
    X

However, I'm much more inclined to believe that Kishimoto is indeed referring to option 1. Which means Sasuke's eyes will have 2 stages, and Stage 2 will have the new EMS seal. Stage 1 will be 3 Tomoe Sharingan. When his eyes are in EMS form, he will have the 3 MS jutsu + 1 EMS jutsu. He will no longer have his regular MS seal in his eyes.

This was also what Madara's eyes were portrayed as in both Itachi's story and Madara's flashback. Also, according to Itachi, the EMS was powerful enough to bring every clan the Uchiha encountered under Madara's control. Madara then became X

The regular MS only gave Madara and Izuna X

So clearly while the 3 MS Techniques gave Madara power just over the Uchiha, the "EMS 4th Technique" was powerful enough to give Madara control over any clan that fought the Uchiha, and it gave Madara the reputation of being the "strongest shinobi in the world."

I've searched high and low to find out what this "4th Technique" was. Finally, Zetsu seems to have some X with the MS.

45. Jeαnne :hurr

its said that it gave birth to a totally new doujutsu

now we are just not sure if its a new doujutsu as amaterasu, susanoo, etc

or a new doujutsu as sharingan, rinnegan, etc

so yes, expect something strong and new, even if its only one technique

46. BlinkST Never too l8 for Rinne h8

I wouldn't be sure about the 3-tomoe sharingan remaining when Madara was never again depicted with it after his transplant. He sure wasn't seen with it when conversing with the Uchiha. Unless Sasuke will have the eyes activated immediately, Zetsu suggests they will be his one and only dojutsu in saying the world will be different. I believe that's what Kishimoto implied.

Itachi was saying the senju clan was hailed as the strongest shinobi clan, not that Madara was the strongest shinobi; official translation.
    Spoiler:
    X

47. eyeknockout fear me, fodder

sasuke ems will give him a full susanoo with legs, the ablity to remove himself from existence and the ability to fuse amaterasu with susanoo to create the burning god of combat

48. Bane Active Member

Anyone ready to see the sages elder sons eyes make a return?(the spiral ones)
    :blinditachi

49. T-Bag Blackbeard

How's it possible the unofficial translation was so far off from the official one? They say 2 completely different things. Which one can you really trust? The unofficial translators often do a pretty good job, but it's hard to believe they messed this one up so badly.

50. Vanadius Uchiha Forever

Well, he wouldn't need to activate his Sharingan when conversing with the Uchiha. I see no evidence to suggest that he would lose access to his 3 Tomoe Sharingan. He can definitely deactivate the EMS to X.

The scanlation I provided made that claim. I don't have the official translations. But even the official trans you provided does tell us that Madara was able to conquer any clan he encountered with his EMS.