1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK
  2. Hey you

Yeah you!

Have you always wanted to impress Gordon Ramsey with your culinary skills?

Well you can't...

But you can impress the NF community by joining the Cooking Contest in the Bento Box!

And we promise we won't make you cry like him.
  3. Throwback Naruto : Hidden Village of Art has launched a new contest related to Naruto where Love and Spring is in the air, until next June 21.
    To know more click on the link: Spring Canon Pairings Drawing contest !!

Elite Sig Battle: jayjay³² vs Mehitaka

Discussion in 'Art Contests and Competitions' started by jayjay³², May 13, 2017.

Sig BATTLE

Poll closed Sunday at 2:46 AM.
  1. http://i.imgur.com/XOEXHLJ.png

12.5%
  2. http://i.imgur.com/kYjSfax.png

87.5%
  1. jayjay³² Drug Addict

Rules
    - Freestyle (non-animated), typography required
    - Width + Height cannot exceed 1000 pixels maximum
    - Entry Deadline: Tuesday, May 16th, 11:59 PM EST

Voter Conditions:

- Entries will be added to a poll. This will be the poll thread. Both entries will be anonymous.
    - Voting begins immediately after deadline Tuesday, May 16th and ends Saturday, May 20th (11:59 PM EST)
    - Votes will only count if they also post a critique for both entries (3 sentences minimum).

Rewards:
    - none, purely for self-improvement

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  2. Shiki

This was def missing in this section. A good old sig battle ~

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. jayjay³² Drug Addict

I voted for the second one. Loved the effects. Loved the clipping mask style border i think it really set the sig off. It has great flow but the text is a little off in my opinion.

The first one was very nice also. The flow was great but the white text on the side kinda threw it off.. loved the glow look of the sig. Same as in the first one the colors matched nicely and loved the effects as well.

Both signatures were very nice.

6. JoJo Well-Known Member

JJ, ez win. Literally I don't even have to know which one JJ made because I know it's the better no one. No one other than him can masterfully blend several elements together creating a perfect combination of complexity and simplicity. He is also able to make the duplicate bar on the top and bottom style actually appealing. The girl is actually cute too and adds to the sig. I mean not as cute as JJ, but still a QT.

7. Mali CHEMTRAILS

liked the text on the 2nd one more plus whoever made the first one went to town with a soft brush/luminosity for that glowy-hazy look that takes away any sort of depth the tag would have originally had. both could have benefitted from darkening the shadows.

8. Dracule Mihawk Untouchable

Basically, agree a lot with this part. The lighting in the first one is just of. There's too many bright spots. There's no real sharpness or focal point of the sig. I get that you're trying to go with the character and have it look like Shishio's environment but doesn't work perfectly in this sig. I do like the colors in the sig and the blending.

The second sig is a lot cleaner and pleasant to look at. It's a little on the safe side but all of the elements are done very well. Whether it's the text or the color palette. I think the depth could have been done a little better on the sig especially with those elements.

Vote Sig 2

9. Aphrodite Moderator

Actually i disagree there is a focal point of the sig. Just the text on the side kinda takes from it.

10. jayjay³² Drug Addict

His entry:

Congrats! I'll rematch you during Summer.

11. Mehitaka Tch..