1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. We're discussing a possible merge of the Naruto and One Piece avenues into the Akihabara subforum.
    Go here for further info . Feel free to chime in and vote.
  3. Please vote in the cooking contest here!
  4. The signature rules have changed. Please, check them in this thread!
  5. CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
    We're not yet aware of the means, but someone is taking over several accounts.
    Change your password as soon as possible, and use this to see how secure it is.
  6. Hey folks!

This week, there's a Flash Fiction reboot that you should participate in: here

Don't miss it.
  7. Please discuss and vote on the fate of the reputation system here.

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou Ka (Dan Machi)

Discussion in 'Akihabara Novel Corner' started by Vandal Savage, Dec 27, 2014.

1. haegar Well-Known Member

speaking of catching up I wonder how much the anime will cover ... might even be ?p to vol4 partially? if I got that right we get crosso next episode?

2. Vandal Savage Game Theory Administrator

The anime is going to cover all the way until the end of Volume 5. It's going to end on a high note and it will be awesome based on what I know of that volume. It is why I was hoping the translations for Volume 5 would be done before the anime got that far so I could read and compare but it's obvious they aren't going to make it in time and the quality is going to be compromised since they are using MTL on top of it.

3. haegar Well-Known Member

edit: the anime is really REALLY good - still sorta a pain considering there was enough material for a 24 ep arc till end of vol5.

they prly WILL cramm it in 12/13 eps, right? :facepalm

though im not unhappy, compared to say how DxD born got butchered they doing a good job of getting the vibe over to anime ... the lack of the menacing *life* of the dungeon and a couple of interesting background info on the gods and the complex intricacies of familia stuff being what i miss most :hmm

edit2: I read im comments of vol5ch2 about that sidestory featuring mikoto, could you kindly point me to that too?

4. Vandal Savage Game Theory Administrator

Yup, the anime is 13 episodes. They could have pushed it to 24 if they included more novel details (and side stories) along with including volume 6 but that one came out literally the same month as they announced the anime so it probably was too late to include.

My guess is volume 5 will be episodes 10-13. Volume 4 isn't really that long when you remove the side stories which probably aren't going to get animated.

Agreed on the dynamics of the gods and familia as well as the dungeon is what the anime is missing out on most. I feel like that would have gotten covered better in a 24 episode format.

Anything with Mikoto in it at length isn't translated yet. I know JN skipped some side stories when he was translating the first 4 novels and Volume 5 is only just getting started outside of chapter 1.

5. haegar Well-Known Member

guess that commentator read it in original then, shame

thx for headsup on the anime :)

6. Senjou no tricks no gimmicks

alright I caught up with the anime. :ruri

Now to catch up to the LN from where i left off which was the end of volume 4

7. Senjou no tricks no gimmicks

I figured since it's been a while there would have been more than just one chapter released from where I stopped. :catdespair

8. Vandal Savage Game Theory Administrator

Seriously, at first when we changed translators I thought that this would result in faster speed but it is exactly the same if not a bit slower. Guess the anime isn't making anyone decide to read the LN and just do the translations on their own and post them. :lmao

9. Vandal Savage Game Theory Administrator

10. Smoke ▄█▀ █▄ █▄█ ▀█▀

Looks like nothing interesting happens in V4. Except for Welf joining and making the dagger.

11. haegar Well-Known Member

welf is just like I pictured him from the LN and his voice actor fits the character just perfect, but man soooo soooo much got completely omitted here, it should have been 2 eps from after the minotaur to killing the dragon with argonaut.

welfs past got butchered.
    welfs life in hephaistos familia got butchered.
    the bar fight scene got butchered, hurting charater development of the bar folks.
    all about eina and lv2 got butchered.
    argonaut on dragon, as well as explanation of argonaut skill, butchered.

boooh :sun

12. kelulen New Member

I been jumping around forum to forum looking for any news about dan machi v 5 . I was sent to a chinese website and even after using chrome to translate it to Eng, i'm still confuse because translation errors. i would like to read the LN because the anime still leaves me wanting. i already got chp 1 ( partly translated i think?) and prologue from hendriksensama.

13. Smoke ▄█▀ █▄ █▄█ ▀█▀

On top of everything you mentioned, they left out the entire God meeting. And I realized they left out tons of things regarding a certain horny goddess.

14. haegar Well-Known Member

it honestly deeply confuses me how suits thus fail to earn more money on a show that would definetly sell just as well if they doubled episode or season number.

I can see its the easier choice to keep pushing out crappy bleach or nardo seasons once 7 or 8 or so have sold, safe cash cow and such, but one would think reardless of such exceptions where they easily agree to sink in the money for ample seasons, there also exist those rare occasions where an anime company suit looks at something and goes "well, this is a little shiny pearl, and it caters to various audiences, and is well written - so the longer wre stretch it and the better we do it the more we milk it $-$ cash eyes: we shall do good on this so we do good WITH this"

but that dont happen often it seems. adn where the fuck is these people's pride? does none of them feel remorse of an animated version that could actually extend the scope of an alrdy great story rather limiting and destroying it? :sun

/end rant, sry my coffee was empty when I started so I got carried away
    X

edit have no regrets on LN though i enjoyed it despite the clusterfuck translation and I learned from it the manga is worth following as its detail level is somewhere between LN and anime ...

15. Alkaid Yandere

Well, this is usually the deal with LN to anime adaptations. They are ultimately just an advertisement for the LN.

16. haegar Well-Known Member

yes, yes, I know, the world is harsh :catsad

17. Vandal Savage Game Theory Administrator

Yeah I never thought that they would omit the God meeting like that. They should have left off that Bell+Hestia date and getting chased by curious goddesses that happened earlier and saved that for an OVA. Then dedicate that time towards animating the Gods meeting because it is far more important and sets the foundation/foreshadows at least two major arcs with two different Gods.

Another thing is Welf's past. I'm probably biased because I like him more than Lili but she had way more attention devoted to her arc than Welf has had to his even if Welf's wasn't so unreasonably long and was done in a shorter volume.

I could live with the bar figt scene not amounting to much but the Eina and level 2 reaction was something I looked forward to seeing done properly.

I don't even know how you can manage to mess up on Argonaut though. :hm

Volume 5 isn't fully translated in English. Of the people who were doing, the first one (JN) quite while the new guys (Theodane+Hendricksen) seem to be having issues in one form or another.

If you want to read volume 5 you need to know Japanese or know Chinese and find that version of the volume. :hm

The anime cut a lot out so it isn't surprising that you (and a lot of other people) have wanted to read the LN instead.

Ignorance isn't always bliss though. In this case, I already know every anime that adapts an LN is probably cutting out massive chunks here and there. The story likely being way better than what is being offered in animated format. And yeah, the anime doesn't cover just how much obsessing and stalking Freya is doing towards Bell. :lmao

Animation studio budgets likely play a large part in that. Plus when they announced the series was getting animated, volume 6 was only just coming out that same month so they essentially animated every volume that was available at the time. If anything, had they waited one more year that would have been 8 volumes to animate and that could have translated into 24 episodes but anime studios are desperate to have content out for each season/big seasons like spring and fall. Adaption quality suffers because of this.

Most of these studios are only animating light novels with no intentions of creating a season 2 for them because they just want to fill quotas or something. If they happen to break even or generate a little profit all the better but they don't care about series integrity like the true fans of the canon material do.

Yeah, the LN translation leaves a lot to be desired in some areas partly because the editing didn't get finished before JN had to drop it. And the guys after JN are using Machine Translations and that automatically will make a work suffer. :sag

Indeed. Oh look at this story you might like but we butchered it in animated format. If you want more of it go read the LN because we aren't spending anymore resources on it. We are on to the next LN we can butcher and put out in time for fall season. :skully

18. haegar Well-Known Member

sigh, this mode of quoting aint rly supported eh "blah blah You look at your post for a moment, then when you look back, Reznor has vanished" :lmao

19. Alkaid Yandere

Worst offender was this was Mahou Sensou. 1 volume in 1 episode.

20. Zeera New Member

I've been looking to every forums, sites, and everything that i can find to read the LN since the anime started, but didnt find the right one. Most of the sites or forum link that i visited, the link that they posted either dont work or got deleted.
    Someone please... need help with the link that actually work to read vol 1-5. :cry

21. Vandal Savage Game Theory Administrator

Volume 5 isn't fully translated yet. If you want to get the core of what happens for the rest of that volume read the summary for it or watch the next few episodes of the anime as it just passed where the fan translated novels are.

22. Zeera New Member

Thanks a bunch dude, you save my day :thumbs

Btw, how far the LN currently?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  23. haegar Well-Known Member

summaries of the as of yet non fan translated volumes are on the first few pages of this thread ...

24. Windsgrace New Member

I kinda want Ryuu Lyon to join the harem or at least join Hestia's familia. She is one of my favorite characters+shes a BA. I want Bell to appeal to the guild to pardon her for her past.Then again she may want to keep the bonds w/ her past familia or keep her loyalty and gratitude towards Mia Mama for saving her. Then again she can be part of a new familia and work as a Hostess of Fertility. Perhaps even pay off Hestia's debt...just kidding that impossible haha. xD I think that will really show character development of her getting over her past and moving forward. One can only hope~

25. Vandal Savage Game Theory Administrator

8 volumes and volume 9 should be out in September I believe.

I still need to add volume 8's summary but I've been preoccupied.

I think she's practically in the harem at this point but can't always be there as regularly as some of the others because of the guild issues/Mia's restaurant. I imagine, once Bell starts hitting the ranks of the First-Class Adventurers (level 5) and starts really doing bigger things in Orario he may be able to make a deal with them both to get Ryuu in exchange for something. similar to what happened with Lily.

26. Vandal Savage Game Theory Administrator

I have to find and add in Eina's story from Volume 8 later.

-edit-

Here is Eina's story

Spoiler:

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  27. Vandal Savage Game Theory Administrator

Spoiler: Sword Oratoria Volume 2 Summary from Kunagisa

Man if they animate Sword Oratoria I'm totally looking forward to Aiz vs. Spartoi Udaios. :bury

28. Vandal Savage Game Theory Administrator

Spoiler: Sword Oratoria Volume 3 Summary from Kunagisa

Loving what we see from Sword Oratoria so far. V3 sounds like perfection. :bury

29. neofan35 New Member

Hello, where can i read the light novel please ?

30. Vandal Savage Game Theory Administrator

31. haegar Well-Known Member

is vol5 still in that woefull machine translation or did they improve it by now, and will vol6 ever be done or can I look forward to waiting till 6 translated hits the shelves?

32. Vandal Savage Game Theory Administrator

The first portions of volume 5 are still woefully machine translated but the last 5/7 parts of chapter 2 are translated properly I believe.

X
    X
    X
    X
    X

I imagine once this duo is done Volume 5 they will get to work on volume 6.

33. neofan35 New Member

Will you/they make a pdf that we can download or?

35. jangelo08 New Member

Where can I read the continuation of the DanMachi in LN from the ending of the anime. I really want to read the continuation. Thanks. I hope you're still active in this site.

36. Eki Half Baked

I think Nyaa.eu used to have the LN's 1-4.

37. Godfather23 New Member

who has read volume 4 special next x next? is there because it is shown in danmachi's wikia

38. Vandal Savage Game Theory Administrator

The translator stopped working on it and hasn't replied to his editor it seems so a continuation by the fans is unlikely at this stage. Yen Press releases volume 5 next month so that's probably the only way a coherent translation of volume 5 comes out in English.

X

I haven't read it yet since I haven't bought volume 4 in English yet and the fan community never translated it (just SS2 for that volume).

39. Sunwaytiger New Member

Hey can anyone pm me the link to read the light novels? For volumes 5+ if possible

40. Dalviamol New Member

Please if anyone have volume 5,6 then can you upload it or give us link of it? I have been searching for volume 5 for very long time but was unsuccessful in finding it.