1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Please discuss and vote on the fate of the reputation system here.
  3. The forum medals contest is being extended for another month. Check this thread for more information.

Dumbass kyuubi powered ninjas forgot how to defend themselves

Discussion in 'Konoha Library' started by Bontakun, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Bontakun Maple Royal Guard

Really? There must have been some Suiton users in there to counter those Katons. But they just had to stand there dumbfounded so that Naruto can show his heroics :ippy

2. Euraj StraightOuttaJakku

You mean, like they did before against Madara in the other battlefield? The massive reduction in numbers due to the Juubi whooping their asses probably has something to do with it.

Of course, they're not allowed to move anyway when Naruto needs to be showed off.

3. Hydro Spiral From the Realm of Light

Yeah, I'm wondering where all the 9M feats are :arg

4. B.o.t.i Active Member

lol not that they could'nt they cant exactly harness that power like naruto Additionally they are very slow cant react to those monster jusu.You cant expect them to do naruto level stuff cause they got a shroud they are not naruto

5. Wrath Mourning

Even the Kages struggled to counter Madara's Katons. Most ninjas, even when supercharged, just aren't fast and skilled enough to do it. Naruto may only have been able to do it because he's the fastest guy alive.

6. Kyrios &#32

I don't think that they had strong enough Suiton users in there to counter the Katons but of course they could have tried.

7. PDQ Meta-Debater

It only took one Kage, Mei, to counter his Katon, that's with her normal human chakra(Gaara probably could too since it withstood an Enton attack). Tsunade stopped another barehanded. I'm pretty sure a Jinton blew another away even while fighting the pollen effects

We've seen a smaller group(just the divisions that fought the former Kages) of Suiton fodder has enough speed and skill to stop Madara's Katon before.
    X

Now with Kyuubi chakra and even more people(all the guys who contributed to X) they're still struggling?

8. Stermor Active Member

there is a difference in which katon is used and how large it is...

anyway it probebly has more to do with speed then with the power required..

clearly people are no longer as organised as they were before the juubi..

btw doesn't anyone find stoppping the chakra weapons more interesting then withstanding a little fire?? those weapons could seal a bijuu's chakra.. but were casually bashed away..

9. Bontakun Maple Royal Guard

I'm believing the suiton user could counter madara's katon because previously kyuubi powered Hinata blew away a Juubi arm with her air palm, and Lee cut Madara in half with his roundhouse. Now they seem to have conveniently forgotten how to be badass.

10. PDQ Meta-Debater

Exactly. Hinata stopped the Juubi, now a bunch of Mist Jounin can't stop a human's katon?

It's the same: Gouka Mekkakyu.
    They just got done with the Kyuubi bird jutsu and you're saying they're less organized than before?

11. Euraj StraightOuttaJakku

X is a lot bigger than what Madara used on the last battlefield.

That was a decently-sized group back there as well. It seemed like Madara went and shot a Katon right into the face of around nine shinobi that were conveniently organized to counter it. Right now, which is the point I was trying to make in my previous post, who knows what happened to that group sicnce they were on the wall? Obito and Madara went off with the Juubi afterward, and more recently, they all gathered into a clusterfreak and literally flew around in Naruto's chakra. Even if some are still around, would the little unit still be organized enough to immediately get in front of everyone and try to stop the attack?

Keep in mind as well that the ground is shaking from Juubi's punch. :zaru

12. Okodi The Internet's

Didn't you see the size of that damn katon? :sun

13. Gunners .

1) They are less organised.
    2) The technique was right in their face meaning they barely had time to react.

14. CyberianGinseng Ronin Alchemist

All I want for Christmas Kishi is for Naruto to STFU!

No more speeches. Like he told Sasuke, let your fists do the talking.

Also, Naruto is the new Sasori.

With this, Sasori took down a nation:
    Spoiler:
    X
    But with this, Naruto took on GOD!
    Spoiler:
    X

15. Senjuclan Mori No Senju Ichizoku

Didn't Kitsuchi say something about Naruto's chakra messing with his jutsu? Maybe they could not use suiton.

16. Burning_Neoxor Member

It depends on what translation you read.

X
    X

I'm gong to go with Manga panda versions since before the Hokage talk, everyone was able to use their jutsu just fine with 9m cloak.

17. kurisu Pure Oharan Moderator

I am more concerned with how even with auto-defense they couldn't land a single hit.

18. Stermor Active Member

it is stupid that none of them could defend against it.. some of them clearly should have been able to counter to some lvl.

not really it is the same attack but the size and location(how close the people are) is different.. which is the problem here..

and ye before the naruto dance, they where fighting like an army.. now they are hopped up on kyuubi powered happines.. they are fighting as individuals.. which makes them weaker in the sense of an army.. but in a manga in makes them more powerfull..

19. Linkdarkside Ninja of the West

i dont think there were water user on that line to counter the fire jutsus.

20. ueharakk Active Member

considering how massively amped their attacks are after they get the KN1 shroud, only a few suiton users or doton users would have sufficed.

Heck Kakashi should have been able to suiton at least one of those fireballs.

It's so sad how kishi has to make both sides fight like complete idiots at some times in order to drive plot or show off character's abilitys/portray them a certain way. I didn't even see one jutsu used by the thousands of alliance members using the chakra shrouds in this last chapter.

Kind of reminds me of the time when fodders for some reason thought X would be a brilliant idea.

21. Skywalker Imperial Conqueror

Why would they move when Naruto can do everything?

22. ?_Camorra_? All ur chicken belongs to me

Madara and Obito's Katons are enhanced by Hashirama's super chakra so anyone below Kage level shouldnt be able to defend against that sort of fire power.

23. bearzerger Major Cliff Allister McLane

I doubt Kakashi could have defended against one in its entirety, but he probably could have covered quite a bit of the affected area, however he had no reason to act once he noticed that Naruto was amping their chakra cloaks even higher.

It's the same with quite a few others. I'm sure guys like Kitsuchi or Dodai could have defended themselves from the flames as well, but with Naruto there acting before they themselves could they had no reason to waste their own moves.
    Moreover there's the problem of coordinating the entire alliance. They have never fought together like this. They have to take care not to get into each others ways or they'll end up killing themselves with friendly fire. Imagine some guy shot a jet of water and ended up washing some of his comrades away or someone raised a wall of earth and someone else running for his life ended up crashing into it.

Naruto by himself won't have that problem which is probably part of why he did it.

24. Big Bad Wolf El Jefe De Mundo

after all the noise that got made by ppl here when folks was showing off their bijuu-powered jutsu, they shouldn't turn around and start making excuses for them when the OP made a great point about how they just sat there dumbfounded when 2 ppl who weren't being powered by bijuu chakra started to fire off their own. They can't have it both ways. Either those folks were too disorganized/stupid or too weak.

Personally, i'd like to see the faces on those Nara that were bitching at Madara not to look down on them. When Naruto had to save them, i was like "you're welcome to accept the level of your inferiority at any moment now :LOS".

25. ueharakk Active Member

bro, kakashi has the sharingan, if he should've been able to use the suiton almost the instant after Obito used his katon. Naruto on the other hand only activated the cloaks when the fire was right about to hit them.

Kitsuchi had an excuse, he was busy holding the juubi, however even if he wasn't naruto only acted once the flames were right upon them, and it seemed like no one knew the cloak could do that until that feat, so he should have interveined if he could have.

Dodai isn't even with their division, he was battling muu thus wasn't able to travel as soon as all the other divisions were able to do so.

The alliance fodders have canonically coordinated a massive joint suiton in response to madara's katon after it was fired, no reason they couldn't have done so again, especially since the distance is much greater, and they obviously should have suiton users on standby since they have shikaku knowledge on madara's and obito's katons.

sure, however no one even knew he could do that which is why they were all surprised, thus the suiton and doton users should have still opted to block before it reached them. Plus, isn't that a massive innefficiency of chakra usage? Instead of having a couple of suiton users block the attack, naruto has to actively enlarge all of the cloaks which have to endure the actual attack.

26. Amatérasu’s Son Spring is in the air...and I'm sneezing.

I'm thinking that the defense wasn't an issue of their skill versus the type of defense required.

In this case Naruto countered the attacks strictly with the Kyubi Cloak. While the shinobi in attendance have their own skill and were using the Kyubi chakra to amp their own attacks, in this instance, especially for the people on the line (I couldn't make out any Kiri nin) their best and perhaps only available defense may have been the Kyubi shroud...which none of them know how to use.

Naruto just went through a training arc learning how to manipulate his biju cloak effectively, the alliance cannot be expected to be instant masters. Attacks that can only be answered with the Kyubi cloak especially things like Madara's Magatama would need Naruto's direct intervention. The fact that none of the Suiton users is either a statement that none of them were there, or is a glaring oversight, or intentional so that Naruto who has been shit on a lot is allowed to actually shine. Hell I think Kishi owes him and it's still not as dumb as how much he was dumbed down so Itachi could shine.

27. bearzerger Major Cliff Allister McLane

Look at the range of Obito's and Madara's katon, Kakashi's suiton couldn't cover anywhere near as much area, and seeing how he is apparently quite far back among the alliance, he's right next to Sakura in that scene I believe, Naruto still acted faster than he did and as I said once Naruto acted there was no point in him doing anything.

Kitsuchi doesn't need any excuses. He trusted Naruto, that's what allies do you know. If you are sure your partner is going to deal with a threat you don't have to bother doing anything yourself.

Oops, I thought he was there.

They did when they were acting in formation. Right now there isn't anything like that on the battlefield as far as we can see. It's a complete mess. There's no way to gather suiton or doton users while Obito, Madara and the Juubi are going to town.

They are surprised that Naruto can do so much at the same time yes, but they aren't surprised that the shroud can block the katon. At least I don't see any signs of surprise. You are invited to show me any signs of surprise. From what we can see they all take it rather matter-of-factly.

28. Pirao Trollslayer

They got hit by plot.