1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK
  2. Hey you

Yeah you!

Have you always wanted to impress Gordon Ramsey with your culinary skills?

Well you can't...

But you can impress the NF community by joining the Cooking Contest in the Bento Box!

And we promise we won't make you cry like him.
  3. Throwback Naruto : Hidden Village of Art has launched a new contest related to Naruto where Love and Spring is in the air, until next June 21.
    To know more click on the link: Spring Canon Pairings Drawing contest !!
  4. The latest NF Newsletter is out (June), read it here

Duke Everlue

Discussion in 'Magnolia Stadium' started by Atlantic Storm, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Administrator

This is where he stands at the moment:

Thoughts? Move him up? Move him down? Keep him as it is?

2. Melodie ̣

3. Azeruth TT3 Champion

If we give him tracking, move him up definitely.

If not, he's fine at 8. I say he can spy through walls, considering he did it to Lucy.

Here's the spying scenes in question:

Scene 1 (http://www.[Blocked Domain]/135-7122-18/fairy-tail/chapter-7.html)
    Lucy has Wind Reading Glasses on, it is the first time they have been used and the little description box is present. She very clearly has them on, takes them off, and puts them away.

Scene 2 (http://www.[Blocked Domain]/135-7122-19/fairy-tail/chapter-7.html)
    The next page has Duke Everlue talking through the wall with only his hands coming out. He comments on her using the Wind Reading Glasses, which are no longer present, and with pinpoint accuracy manages to grab and bind Lucy's arms. After that, Duke Everlue's head appears.

He managed to subdue Lucy without bringing his head out of the wall and knew she was using Wind Reading Glasses, which Lucy had already put away. He had to have been able to see through the wall to notice the glasses and find her arms.

The tracking would tie into the spying, as Lucy ran through a doorway (http://www.[Blocked Domain]/135-7121-16/fairy-tail/chapter-6.html) and Everlue stood there thinking about money. He finally decides to go after Lucy (http://www.[Blocked Domain]/135-7121-17/fairy-tail/chapter-6.html) himself (not with the maids, so he's doing it all himself) and tracks her down to the above scenes, where he sits there waiting for her to finish reading.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  4. SinRaven Son Raven Jesus

I agree that he's a sensor, there really is no evidence against him. In that case we should definitely move him up, as an underground sensor is pretty dangerous.

5. Azeruth TT3 Champion

Yes: Azeruth [1]
    No:

If yes, to what?
    12:
    16:
    20:
    24: Azeruth [1]
    30:

He's either a 20 or 24 for me. Opted for a Simon route.

6. LovePeaceandHope Active Member

The only thing that prevents me from saying he is definitely a sensor is that we know that he possessed surveillance (http://i21.[Blocked Domain]/fairy-tail/6/fairy-tail-159877.jpg) crystals. (http://i21.[Blocked Domain]/fairy-tail/6/fairy-tail-159891.jpg)

7. Azeruth TT3 Champion

The surveillance crystal was only in the first room. The library and area Lucy ran to did not have them, nor would they help through a wall.

8. DookieMonster Just a fan

Why a 24 pointer? Besides from digging with pseudo-tracking, he brings nothing to the table for a team. While a Duke team made it very far, it's safe to say it's because the other team hardly had any tracking methods of their own and only a strategic fault of the opponent.

9. Azeruth TT3 Champion

Being able to spy and track underground is a huge asset. He can locate the enemy team for you and bring you up pretty much anywhere you want, give you the advantage, and then bring you back underground to repeat the process. To be able to do that and only cost 8 points is absurd.

I opted for 24 over 20 because he's like Simon. Simon's Dark Moment/Telepathy combo was so overpowered because everybody but Fukuro and potentially Rufus are blind. People could just throw up Dark Moment and nonchalantly walk towards the enemy because they couldn't hit them and then trap them in Dark Moment. Duke Everlue is similar in that Digging/Spying is pretty overpowered. If I took him at 20 points and paired him with Erza/Azuma/Mirajane I could just sneak up on people, obliterate them in CQC, and go back underground if I was in any danger.

He does have some bigger counters compared to Simon (flying opponents, elevated opponents, Sky Labyrinth) but he's still dangerous to have if he's granted spying, since he can just inform his team of what the enemy is doing or where they are.

10. LovePeaceandHope Active Member

@Azereuth - I'd assume he had more than one of them. But yeah, he does appear to be able to hear through walls.

@Dookie
    Not sure where he belongs atm. But given the lack of sensors/trackers and particularly ones with solid feats on the tiers list I do think it gives him a bit of a price boost.

11. DookieMonster Just a fan

12. Azeruth TT3 Champion

Yes: Azeruth [1]
    No:

If yes, to what?
    12:
    16:
    20: Azeruth [1]
    24:
    30:

I changed my mind on Duke, going with 20. Hopefully we'll start discussing this some more.

13. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Administrator

Excellent work on the revival, Azeruth. I approve.

Up Duke Everlue?
    Yes: Azeruth, Atlantic Storm [2]
    No:

If yes, to what?
    12:
    16: Atlantic Storm [1]
    20: Azeruth [1]
    24:
    30:

14. LovePeaceandHope Active Member

Yes: Azeruth, Atlantic Storm, LPH [3]
    No:

If yes, to what?
    12:
    16: Atlantic Storm [1]
    20: Azeruth, LPH [2]
    24:
    30:

I don't like putting Everlue that high. Problem I'm having with a lower price is the lack of proven options on the tier list to deal with underground teams.