1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Discussion for the forum medals contest is happening here. Please drop in and give your input.

Dreamcast emulator for Mac OSX?!!

Discussion in 'Tech Hub' started by Naqada, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Naqada Griffith wants your ass

*points at title* Does anyone know of one?! I just downloaded the Dreamcast Berserk game and well... I really want to play it. AID!

And if they don't exist... does anyone know of a PC one? I am just that desperate.

2. JAPPO Orochimaru's Reincarnation

Dont think so. Buy the console they are $30.00 or less now.

3. Naqada Griffith wants your ass

I heard that they are rare and expensive now since they have been discontinued....

4. Hagane no Renkinjutsushi Nigga, fuck yo couch!

Dreamcast System + 7 Games + 2 Guns only $21.50 on ebay.

X

5. Gunners .

X

I think that should work, me i have a dreamcast, personally i would buy one.

6. Naqada Griffith wants your ass

I already found that page but I need an emulator for MAC. Oh well...

And I don't think I'll buy one... Because then I'd have to find the Berserk game and actually buy it and all that crap and I seriously don't feel like spending so much money on a dreamcast I'll play once for one game. *Tear*

7. Gunners .

No, you could get a disk on line to play burned games, and make a disk of the game.

I dont know where to get mac emulators, dont use that opperating systom.

8. Naqada Griffith wants your ass

*hugs mac dearly* My windows died, because it sucked. I have nothing but my sweet wee mac. So I guess I am basically out of luck...

9. CrazyMoronX Old Man

This is how the emulation world works:

SNES > PC > Consoles > Everything Else > Macs.

So, chances are nobody is even making a Dreamcast emulator for a mac. Sad, but true. Emulation revolves moslty around SNES, and after that it revolves mostly around putting the emulation on the PC, or now days OTHER consoles.

10. JAPPO Orochimaru's Reincarnation

See?? not a bad deal! I was at Ebgames and saw one for 40.00 with 2 games (Canadian money) but thats even better.

11. Vegitto-kun HOMUHOMUHOMU

macs are overrated POS

and yes I have a macbook pro 17 inch unibody

12. Retr0rob New Member

For goodness sake

To preserve the sanity of anyone who may run into this thread...
    LXDream is the Dreamcast emulator for OSX. Not my favorite emu, but it's there. Chankast has also been rumored to run through Darwine. I would imagine if you have a newer model Intel Mac it will run OK, but the intel video based ones will probably be as bad as they would be in Windows.

A quick note to some of you who responded here. Some of you did a great job and gave an "I don't know" and pointed him in the right direction. But some of you "acted" like experts and gave definite - but wrong answers. Responding with the wrong answer out of arrogance and ignorance is worse than just saying nothing. In the future you will be a better tech if you avoid off-the cuff answers... and do some research.