1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Discussion for the forum medals contest is happening here. Please drop in and give your input.

Digimon Xros Wars: The Boy Hunters Who Leapt Through Time

Discussion in 'Off the Air' started by DarkLord Omega, Sep 2, 2011.

1. DarkLord Omega Nightmare Ruler

Spoiler:
    X

Useful Information
    X

2. RandomLurker Quick Brown Fox

This guy
    Spoiler:
    X

Bane of the show or a new genuinely interesting character? Taking bets :hurr

3. DarkLord Omega Nightmare Ruler

Betting him to be evil in the end, he's to happy :maybe

4. armorknight Active Member

One thing I can almost certainly say is that he won't even compare to Taika as a character, although that can probably be said for all the other new characters as well. Wish that they kept the Taiki/Nene/Kiriha dream team.

5. Gallant Active Member

Bane of the show and will likely be cutting into Taiki's screen time despite his own inferiority in comparison. The series hasn't even aired yet but I already want to punch him in the face.

6. 11wongjk2 Active Member

but he carries the legacy of taichi: googles

7. Gallant Active Member

Daisuke carrying Taichi's goggles sure didn't help him in any way. I wouldn't be surprised to see more of the same again.

8. Tranquil Fury Serene Night

He does look like a Daisuke expy complete with his own Veemon Expy but that was done due to this being the second season of Xros wars and as long as the writer is the same or someone competent, he'll be fine. I hated Kirihara for some 40+ episodes till he got shit together so they can make almost any character likeable when they want to. Hopefully this guy does'nt take that long.

9. RandomLurker Quick Brown Fox

Let's hope that Riku Sanjou can salvage even what comes out of the dreaded Daisuke mold.

10. 11wongjk2 Active Member

actually it did for me since those googles reminded me that maybe the next ep, he can re-enact taichi's courage which made me endure him, but the sad thing is he didn't

11. RandomLurker Quick Brown Fox

Seeing how the first episode of this series will air only a week after the last of Xros Wars, I think there is a possibility that Xros Wars will end in a cliff hanger or at least some sort of sequel hook that paves the next season. Like at the end, Taiki is sent to the future, or the next season villain will make an appearance.

God, speaking of this series is sometimes so hard because of the insanely long and complicated name. I'll just abridge it to "Digimon XW: TwKSHt" (based on the japanese title Digimon Xros Wars Toki wo Kakeru Shounen Hantā-tachi) :maybe

12. LegendaryYang Hero

I am at episode 30 of the first season, glad to see that this series will be continued

13. ~BLAZxBLUE~ Legendary Tamer

I'm just going to stick with Xros Wars S2 :maybe

14. RandomLurker Quick Brown Fox

I'm officically declaring Shoutmon's future form the most badass looking child form of a Digimon partner ever.

X

He's so badass, he doesn't even have to fight. He just stares the enemy, who gives up the battle just seeing the level of badass he's up against.
    He's so badass, he's like saying: "You think your Digimon partner is badass? Look at me. Now look at your Digimon partner. Now back at me. Now back at your Digimon partner. That's right."
    He's so badass, he makes all other Digimon partners look like they belong into a kindergarten.

15. LegendaryYang Hero

I want to ask, how many episodes the current season is going to have?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  16. DemongGodOfChaos The God Emperor of GAR-halla

54, as a shout out to the original Digimon Adventure.

17. Deviate Shinken Basu Baku Matsu Hatsu

18. LegendaryYang Hero

54? Interesting, ok thanks

19. RandomLurker Quick Brown Fox

Names of the voice actors of the new human characters have appeared.

Tagiru Akashi: X
    Ren Tobari: X
    Airu Suzaki: X (Also played Haruhi)
    Ryoma Mogami: X (also played Gin Ichimaru in Bleach and Shadow the Hedgehog)

(BTW, this makes it seem like the people who claimed that Ren Tobari was a girl were wrong because Ren's supposed voice actor is male.)

20. Tranquil Fury Serene Night

Is'nt Ren a female name?

21. Blade Banned

About Tagiru, when i saw his VA that he had a role in 02, before looking his role, i thought that even Daisuke's voice is back. :lmao

Usually. But there are also some Ren male characters. Like the rival of Yoh from Shaman King.

22. RandomLurker Quick Brown Fox

Don't worry, Tagiru's voice actress did Sukamon :maybe
    Which means...
    Spoiler:
    X

=
    Spoiler:
    X

Seems like a fitting comparison :maybe

23. Blade Banned

24. DemonDragonJ Boot-Wearing Fairy

Is it actually necessary to have a separate thread for the new season of Digimon Xros Wars? That seems to be an unnecessary consumption of space on the server that hosts this forum, plus, it is still the same series, so I do not see why discussion of the new season cannot be held in the thread that already exists.

Apart from that minor complaint, I am very excited for the new season, and I believe that it is far too early to evaluate any of the new characters simply from their appearance. While I do agree that Tagiru does have a strong resemblance to Daisuke, there is no guarantee that he shall have a similar personality (I hope).

I wonder what the significance is of subtitle of this season; are the new characters people who traveled through time? I usually am not fond of time travel as a plot device, as it can lead to many different scientific paradoxes, most of which are extremely irrational and defy both the laws of physics and all common sense. Hopefully, if time travel is used as a plot device in this series, it shall be a very minimal form of time travel and used only sparingly, to keep the plot understandable and within the realm of logic.

25. Tokkan ACTIVE PAIN

Turns out that list was wrong, According to X the voice cast is as follows.

Tagiru Akashi : Marina Inoue
    Gamudramon : Kumiko Watanabe
    Ryouma Mogami : Tetsuya Kakihara
    Ren Tobari : Houko Kuwashima (Also did Nene and Cutemon)
    Airu Suzaki : Megumi Han
    Mami Kisaki : Yumi Sudou

26. DarkLord Omega Nightmare Ruler

In Rainmon blog, he updated saying that previous generations will appear in Xros Wars. I hope it means from the other series like Tai, Takato and even Ryo :maybe

27. SenshiManny The idiot person

I'm hoping for Tai and Takato too but this pretty much means we'll have Davis/Daisuke as well :geg I can't see them not including him if that is what they mean by previous generations.

28. Stalin Banned

Does rainmon's description of taigiru sounds mary sueish to you guys?

29. 11wongjk2 Active Member

it will be nice to have agumon meet agumon

30. RandomLurker Quick Brown Fox

It's just that everyone is on their toes about Tagiru due to the Daisuke syndrome.
    Back when XW began some claimed Taiki to be sueish due to the fact that he was shown being insta-good in different sports and stuff.

31. armorknight Active Member

Well, Daisuke was a retard with tons of plot armor. Not sure if that makes him a sue though.

Taiki has the most substantive leadership abilities of any main lead on the other hand, which is what makes him so awesome.

32. QBnoYouko The Zombie

X

X

33. ~BLAZxBLUE~ Legendary Tamer

Also, the guy behind Tamers is also the new series director :awesome

34. Crimson Dragoon Kaiser

I think I'll steal another image to display my reaction

X

35. RandomLurker Quick Brown Fox

36. Koori Active Member

I must say I'm... oh, fuck it, stealing that image will do the job.

X

And Xros Wars is now officially the longest digimon series ever.

37. DemongGodOfChaos The God Emperor of GAR-halla

Hoo boy, Shit is going down!

38. Farschad P The Perser I AM LIGHTNING "RAIDEN"

For me i hope for the adult versions of Taichi and the rest.

39. DemonDragonJ Boot-Wearing Fairy

I still am wondering why no mention has been made of Kiriha or Nene; In really hope that they shall not die at the end of this season. :(

To the best of my knowledge, no two Digimon series, apart from Adventure and Adventure 02, have any continuity connections, so I believe that any crossovers between the series are extremely unlikely. However, a crossover still would be an interesting occurrence, in my mind.

40. Tranquil Fury Serene Night

Digimon is a multiverse, all of it takes place in different universes. Ryo and Milleniummon are proof of this.

41. Blade Banned

Xrosover? Masaru and Taichi are gonna come back? :maybe, Cool.

Daisuke probably is gonna meet his 'successor' who 'holds the key to the story'?

:maybe

I hope Masaru punches the shit out of them. :lmao

42. Koori Active Member

I guess bashing the new main will make people twice happy if he turns out being the opposite?

43. Blade Banned

If he turns to be better than Daisuke then he is ok.

44. RandomLurker Quick Brown Fox

That's like saying about some new food, "If this ends up tasting better than shit then it's good" :maybe

But Tagiru is clearly going to be a relationship sue who everyone will like as soon as they meet (so no Masaru punch). He's gonna get all the girls too in the end :maybe

45. Blade Banned

:lmao

Look, i think we had discussed it several weeks ago, Daisuke's stigma on the digimon fandom is so memorable, having a character who is potential to break a new record of bad level or in fact be a good version of Daisuke and being 'likable' is something that will have to wait and see. :maybe

And don't lose hope for a Masaru Falcon Punch. :-(

46. RandomLurker Quick Brown Fox

Apollomon will most likely be brought back by the Code Crown at the end of the current season, thus allowing a punch collision between him and Masaru in the next one.
    Think about it :maybe

47. jazz189 Active Member

Personally I think that there is no such thing as a "good" version of Daisuke, because Daisuke as he was was just a failed copy of Tai (This is actually true they actually admitted to it). As the minute a character becomes better than Daisuke, because they are their own character.

48. ~BLAZxBLUE~ Legendary Tamer

They wouldn't be colliding punches with each other, they would be ganging up on Daisuke :maybe

49. Tranquil Fury Serene Night

No, people just like to bash 02 and since this guy reminds them of Daisuke it's understandable, that being said I have 98% chance of him being Daisuke done correctly but 02 Daisuke will still be bashed if only because this guy and his veemon look alike remind people of those two failures, actually I wonder how the Xros wars writers will handle Daisuke and Veemon, will Imperialdramon finally escape the title of Faildramon?(Who am I kidding he most likely won't). The writers have done a good job with Xros wars as a whole afterall.

The DaisukeXVeemon look alikes are just done because Xros wars is the second show to have a second season like Adventure, no more. I'm looking forward to seeing them interact with Daisuke and Veemon.

So with Gundam Exa, Kamen Rider Fourze and Digimon Xros Wars S2 Sunrise/Bandai are basically planning on their franchises having crossovers through past mains.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  50. RandomLurker Quick Brown Fox

But not having a punch collision between them would be such a waste :sniff
    Apollomon has the voice of Captain Fucking Falcon, and I don't want it to go to waste.