1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK
  2. Hey you

Yeah you!

Have you always wanted to impress Gordon Ramsey with your culinary skills?

Well you can't...

But you can impress the NF community by joining the Cooking Contest in the Bento Box!

And we promise we won't make you cry like him.
  3. Celebrate our first Xenforo anniversary and join the forum lottery here
  4. Check out "Peerless", by our very own Shrooms!

Detective Conan

Discussion in 'Akihabara Library' started by Bender, Jun 29, 2009.

Who do you think is the Black organization boss?

1. Dr. Agasa

7 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Shinichi's dad

4 vote(s)
    9.5%
  3. Shinichi Kudo

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  4. Gin

3 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. Vermouth

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  6. Someone else

26 vote(s)
    61.9%
  1. Kirito &#32

It's very possible it's someone that's been in the manga for a long while now. I'd laugh if it were Detective Mouri though :lmao

2. Golden Witch C204

Well it's not like Anokata wouldn't fit to Mouri.:lmao

3. Impact Grimm

Is DC getting back to the main plot? Or just random cases again?

4. Bender Bite my shiny metal ass!

lol

If Anokata was Mori it'd be hilarious since in the FBI vs Black Organization arc Gin could have accidentally killed him. :lmao

5. EndlessStrategy The Wandering Tactician

Yusaku, Mouri? The former has several pieces of evidence against him being the boss, and the latter has mountains of evidence against it. And if Detective Conan was really going to be 3 months long, there's almost no way an Anokata could even exist. Could you get a source, because I can hardly believe that.

More. Random. Filler. Cases.

What's worse is that it fairly recently had a plot relevant case. You know, the sort of impactful case that happens approximately once a year? And it accomplished next to nothing. The status quo stayed the same, save for one meaningful change. And that meaningful change is being explored at a snail's pace, as usual.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  6. Bender Bite my shiny metal ass!

Gosho should be given an award for making more annoying filler than the people who did for the Naruto anime. A rasberry award that is. :zaru
    According to Gosho he'll keep making BO unrelated stories until his manga reaches a 1000 chapters or he's the same age as Agasa (56 or some shit).

7. stream Do something, Naruto!

I keep telling you guys, you are taking this series the wrong way…

There are series that have a continuous plot, and sometimes a episode which is unrelated to the main plot, in these series, that kind of episode is filler.

Then there are series that are just a series of episodes unrelated to each other. These are not fillers, they are the story. There can be some thin threads connecting them, but it is not even necessary.

Watching Detective Conan only for the black organization is like watching the TV news only for the romantic relation between the two anchors… It's just not the point.

8. EndlessStrategy The Wandering Tactician

Yes, and I was OK with it until the manga greatly declined in several ways. Now I just skim the first chapter of any given arc to see if it's plot relevant, and if it's not I don't check again for a few weeks. Even if a case is plot relevant, I only read what I need to know to keep up. I'm too invested in this series to give it up entirely, but it's not even worth spending 10 minutes a week on any more.

9. Bender Bite my shiny metal ass!

If you re-examine the content of the manga you'll remember that it's a mystery series. Same as the Sherlock Holmes series. Therefore there are several tedious stories of Conan solving crimes to prove he's just as good or better than his idol Sherlock Holmes.

10. EndlessStrategy The Wandering Tactician

No. Conan straight out admits that Holmes is better than him, and I'm inclined to agree. In Detective Conan, Conan always gets his man because no matter how well planned out a scheme is, something goes amiss that allows the murderers to be found out. It seems as if, had the criminals not made those one or two mistakes, they would have won.

With Holmes it's not like that. less than half of Holmes opponents are noted to have made mistakes; even if they hadn't, Holmes still would have found them out. Holmes uncovers the details that are inevitably left behind on any crime scene, details that cannot be prevented from appearing or easily removed.

11. Kirito &#32

Well at any case I'm glad you all still bother with the manga and discuss the mysteries that haven't been there since forever, and not just discuss anything shippy.

12. rajin Looking for a translator

http://raw.senmanga.com/Detective_Conan/845/1 (http://raw.senmanga.com/Detective_Conan/845/1)

13. BlueDemon Demon's back in business!

How much time has passed in the story now?

14. Golden Witch C204

I dunno, but seeing how long it goes and it's popularity, the only way Conan/Shinichi is gonna grow back up is on natural means.:lmao

15. BlueDemon Demon's back in business!

Yeah, that really is a possibility, to be honest. I just had to think about this, since he had so many cases and they're not really happening every day, I reckon 1 or 2 years should have passed :p

Any hints from his school grade or something?

16. Golden Witch C204

IIRC Shinichi was like 16-17 so 1st or 2nd year of High school.

Conan should be 2nd or 3rd Grade of Elementary school.

Might be an indication of how long it goes.
    If Ran is like 17-18 now she's gonna graduate "soon", thus losing her Schoolgirl status.
    I dunno, the Japanese seem to like their high school settings as if it's some kind of holy place, so can't really say if Aoyama does so.
    Then again, Manga Logic doesn't have to refer to ours.:lmao
    For all we know not even a year could have passed since Conan shrinked.:lmao
    Not all Mangaka pay attention to such things unless it's important and I dunno if Aoyama does.

17. EndlessStrategy The Wandering Tactician

Detective Conan operates on comic book time. Time pretty much never moves forward, despite the logical impossibility. Conan is still in the first grade, as always. The most extreme example of this, which made me burst out laughing when it happened, Is the Valentine's Day case around chapter 700. Valentine's day is a month after White Day, and the holidays are in relation to each other. White Day occurred around chapter 300. BAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  18. Golden Witch C204

Just my point, some Mangaka pay no attention to such things, but heck IMO not much of a big deal.Don't think alot do anyway.

It's only important when time plays a major role in stories like Umineko a Murder Mystery where Kudo would go into a fetus position due to its complicity.

19. leokiko Member

Gosho has already said that time doesn't pass on DC. He said it's "like Sazae-san". But lol, who cares about that anyway, as long as the mystery fun continues.

20. Golden Witch C204

As long as the mysteries are interesting it doesn't matter even if it's not really the kind I'm usually in.

I prefer the real difficult ones.
    Spoiler:

[/IMG]
    [/IMG]
    [/IMG]
    [/IMG]
    [/IMG]
    [/IMG]

21. BlueDemon Demon's back in business!

Ah well, so it really does seem to be like Scarlet Plague said xD Ah well, just write me a PM when this ends, if you guys should remember it :D

22. rajin Looking for a translator

http://raw.senmanga.com/Detective_Conan/846/1 (http://raw.senmanga.com/Detective_Conan/846/1)

23. rajin Looking for a translator

http://raw.senmanga.com/Detective_Conan/849/1

24. rajin Looking for a translator

850 CHINESE http://raw.senmanga.com/Detective_Conan/850/1

25. rajin Looking for a translator

852 raw http://raw.senmanga.com/Detective_Conan/852/1
    851 raw http://raw.senmanga.com/Detective_Conan/851/1

26. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Administrator

27. EndlessStrategy The Wandering Tactician

He's showing up often enough. At least often enough, I think, for his Shtick to have beco[FONT=&quot]me predictable and boring, like the rest of this [/FONT][FONT=&quot]manga.[/FONT]

28. Kirito &#32

it's kinda important.

both of you don't know what you're talking about. he showed up last major arc which was 30 chapters ago

29. stream Do something, Naruto!

Yeah, I wonder what Bourbon heard that has him so interested… Apart from the fact that he is still very suspicious of Conan. He is not supposed to know that Conan is Shinichi, right?

The only thing that I can think of as an inside story is the incongruous recollection of Jodie-san of that story in the hospital. I don't see what can be interesting about it… Apart again, the fact that Conan is more than just a clever little boy.

30. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Administrator

Yeah, I know, but I still kind of miss him.