1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

    LINK
  2. Hey you

    Yeah you!


    Have you always wanted to impress Gordon Ramsey with your culinary skills?

    Well you can't...

    But you can impress the NF community by joining the Cooking Contest in the Bento Box!

    And we promise we won't make you cry like him.
  3. Throwback Naruto : Hidden Village of Art has launched a new contest related to Naruto where Love and Spring is in the air, until next June 21.
    To know more click on the link: Spring Canon Pairings Drawing contest !!
  4. The latest NF Newsletter is out (June), read it here

Depth of Eternity

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by WorkingMoogle, May 5, 2017.

  1. soulnova Hello Kyuubi

    Messages:
    15,677
    Likes Received:
    20
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Reputation:
    (( The tunnel is 5ft long to the other side, I wish to enlarge the entrance to allow us to cross without squeezing. We must be careful not to collapse it and block it, I guess))
     
  2. WorkingMoogle Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    4,014
    Likes Received:
    104
    Trophy Points:
    63
    Reputation:
    Widing the hole is an awkward task, but it isn't particularly hard. Mitra's expertise can quickly see that the weight distribution on the rubble is pretty solid where it is, as long as the foundations of it aren't threatened they should be safe. He directs digging mostly down, in a kind of inverse wedge. It isn't exactly pretty but it clears things up enough to get through easier.

    Everyone will still need to crawl through, but it's not so tight as to make it a struggle for people.
     
  3. Unlosing Ranger The Heart Ignites

    Messages:
    4,580
    Likes Received:
    433
    Trophy Points:
    83
    Reputation:
    Rashka raises her hand
    "I vote Eren goes through the hole first."
     
  4. soulnova Hello Kyuubi

    Messages:
    15,677
    Likes Received:
    20
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Reputation:
    "Tsk, tsk, who will check fro traps then?" she jokes with Rashka. "I'll go with him too, but I'm sure we will need you too... sooo..."
     
  5. Unlosing Ranger The Heart Ignites

    Messages:
    4,580
    Likes Received:
    433
    Trophy Points:
    83
    Reputation:
    Rashka mumbles some complaints while following Elys through the hole.
     
  6. Hidden Nin Active Member

    Messages:
    11,372
    Likes Received:
    18
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Reputation:
    After collapsing down his shovel to put back into his pack, Mitra stows his shield and spear on his back to crawl on through at the back of the progression.
     
  7. P-X 12 State Alchemist

    Messages:
    2,979
    Likes Received:
    44
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Reputation:
    Eren sighed. "Dammit. Fine, whatever. Let's just hope we don't take a step anywhere near that gas crap." He stored his weapons on his waist as he walked behind Mitra.
     
  8. soulnova Hello Kyuubi

    Messages:
    15,677
    Likes Received:
    20
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Reputation:
    ((Ok, so I guess walking order so far would be Elys-Rashka-Mitra-Eren + whoever else comes behind us))


    Elys raises her torch to see better into the room. "There should be a critter around here. Be careful, we don't know what it is yet"

    She will have a look around and aid Rashka and try not to touch anything.



    Perception Checks for aid another +2
    1d20+5
    10+5 = 15

    1d20+5
    18+5 = 23

    1d20+5
    18+5 = 23

    1d20+5
    19+5 = 24

    1d20+5
    5+5 = 10
     
  9. Unlosing Ranger The Heart Ignites

    Messages:
    4,580
    Likes Received:
    433
    Trophy Points:
    83
    Reputation:
    Raska takes ten on Perception
    Perception: 17
    She also has her dagger and shortsword out already
     
  10. WorkingMoogle Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    4,014
    Likes Received:
    104
    Trophy Points:
    63
    Reputation:
    As soon as Eren emerges from the hole he's met with a hissing noise from deeper into the room. About a half dozen rats the size of large dogs emerge from nests in the beds. Cautiously at first but the prospect of fresh meat invading seems a tempting one as they start to advance!
     
  11. soulnova Hello Kyuubi

    Messages:
    15,677
    Likes Received:
    20
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Reputation:
    ELYS STATS (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1193518)
    HP11/AC9
    DR 4
    Initiative +1
    Str 14, Dex 13, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 10
    Greatsword +3 [2d6+4]x3 (two handed)
    Longbow +2 [1d8]x3

    Climb +5, Handle Animal +4, Heal +5, K.Dungeon +4, K+Geography +4, K.Nature +4, Perception +5, Profession (Trapper) +5, Ride +4, Stealth +4, Survival +5



    "uh-oh" Elys takes our her greatsword.

    "Rashka, stay behind us" she will close ranks with Mitra and Eren, against the wall. "Let them come to us or you might get surrounded"




    She will stand her ground and use power attack/cleave as they come.


    Spoiler: 3 Rounds of Actions


    Round 1
    Initiative
    1d20+1
    14+1 = 15


    1d20+0
    14+0 = 14 Power Attack + Cleave

    1d20+0
    18+0 = 18 Power Attack + Cleave



    Round 2
    1d20+1
    13+1 = 14


    1d20+0
    19+0 = 19 Power Attack + Cleave

    1d20+0
    17+0 = 17 Power Attack + Cleave


    Round 3

    1d20+1
    9+1 = 10

    1d20+0
    12+0 = 12 Power Attack + Cleave




    Power Attacks

    1d20+2
    17+3 = 19

    1d20+2
    11+3 = 13

    1d20+2
    10+2 = 12

    1d20+2
    17+2 = 19

    1d20+2
    2+2 = 4


    Power Attacks Damage
    2d6+7
    2,4+7 = 13

    2d6+7
    4,6+7 = 17

    2d6+7
    4,3+7 = 14

    2d6+7
    1,2+7 = 10

    2d6+7
    4,3+7 = 14



    Cleave Attacks

    1d20+2
    9+2 = 11

    1d20+2
    14+2 = 16

    1d20+2
    5+2 = 7

    1d20+2
    14+2 = 16

    1d20+2
    4+2 = 6


    cleave damage
    2d6+7
    4,3+7 = 14

    2d6+7
    4,5+7 = 16

    2d6+7
    1,1+7 = 9

    2d6+7
    6,5+7 = 18

    2d6+7
    6,3+7 = 16
     
  12. Unlosing Ranger The Heart Ignites

    Messages:
    4,580
    Likes Received:
    433
    Trophy Points:
    83
    Reputation:
    Rashka the Merchant (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1186789)
    Elf Unchained Rogue N
    HP 9 / 9 Speed ft Init 4
    AC 12 Fort 0 Ref 4 Will 1
    CMB +0 BAB
    Dagger +2 (1d4, x3)
    Sword, short +2 (1d6, x3)
    Dagger +2 (1d4, x3)
    Shortbow +2 (1d6, x3)
    Str 10 (0) Dex 15 (2) Con 10 (0) Wis 12 (1) Int 13 (1) Cha 12 (1)

    Ini: 6



    "G-Giant Rats..."

    Rashka takes a total defense stance while behind the others letting them deal with the threats +4 AC.
     
  13. Daenerys Stormborn Mother of Dragons Retired Mod

    Messages:
    7,023
    Likes Received:
    228
    Trophy Points:
    63
    Reputation:
    Zahra follows the others into the room, then draws her sword and shield as she sees the advancing rats. "You know, I've heard all the jokes about young adventurers clearing rats out of people's basements, but usually the rats aren't this big." She moves up next to Mitra. (Or behind him? I'm not clear on how big the room is or how it's laid out.) "That reminds me of a story about a princess and a pirate fighting Rodents of Unusual Size..."

    Spoiler: 3 rounds of actions

    Round 1
    Initiative=1d20=12
    Action on 20: Activate Inspired Rage (standard action).
    Action on 19: Attack a rat that has come into melee range. Attack=1d20+3=12+3=15, Damage=1d6+3=5+3=8

    Round 2
    Maintains Inspired Rage (free action).
    Initiative=7
    Action on 1: Attack a rat. Attack=3+3=6, Damage=4+3=7

    Round 3
    Maintains Inspired Rage (free action).
    Initiative=5
    Action on 1: Attack a rat. Attack=5+3=8, Damage=2+3=5

    Round 2 and 3 actions can be switched out for casting Cure Light Wounds if someone's badly injured, though this will require Zahra to stop her Inspired Rage.



    ((Since it's been a while since we last had combat, a quick reminder on what Inspired Rage does: When Zahra activates the ability, and at the beginning of each of your turns thereafter, you can choose whether to be affected by it. The Inspired Rage grants you +2 on Str, Con, and +1 to Will saves. But you take a -1 penalty to AC, and you can't use Dex/Cha/Int-based skills or any abilities that require patience or concentration.))


     
  14. EvilMoogle Administrator Administrator

    Messages:
    20,463
    Likes Received:
    38
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Reputation:
    It's a pretty huge room really,

    The rats are somewhat randomly through the room so they probably won't all hit at once, unless the DM gets lazy or decides it needs to be more challenging :zaru
     
  15. Hidden Nin Active Member

    Messages:
    11,372
    Likes Received:
    18
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Reputation:
    There's a startled chirp of surprise from the cloaked and scarved spearman as their beset by giant rats. Mitra moves more aggressively than the others as the rats make their hostile presence known; with a rapid economy of motion, he rises to his feet without his spear, bounces it up with the heel of his boot into his hand, and grabs his shield from his shoulder with a passionate war cry. In moment's he closes on one of the nearest clusters of rats, striking fluidly.

    "HYAH!"

    MITRA
    HP 16/16
    AC 10
    DR 7

    Round 1
    Initiative 1d20+3 = 14
    Action 18
    Swift Action: Take Phalanx Lancer Stance. (Piercing Thunder, +1 bonus to Shield DR for each participant, per participant.)
    Free Action: Grab unattended weapon (per Phalanx Lancer Stance).
    Move Action: Close to nearest two rats and draw shield as part of movement.

    Action 5
    Standard Action: Piercing Strike on two adjacent rats, or a Full Attack on just one.
    Swift Action: Encouraging Roar. (Golden Lion, Allies within 30 ft. gain a +2 moral bonus to attack and damage rolls for this Round.)

    Attack;Damage:
    1D20+9 = [15]+7 = 22
    1D10+6+1D6 = [10]+5+[3] = 18

    Round 2
    Initiative 1d20+3 = 18
    Action 10
    Full Round: Defensive Focus to recover Piercing Strike and Encouraging Roar. Threat range increase by 5, reaching 15. May move to AoO anyone within this threat range. Can move up to normal speed to reach them.

    Action 10
    Swift Action: Encouraging Roar.
    Full Round: Full Attack on nearest rat, or Piercing Strike as appropriate.
    Attack; Damage:
    1D20+7 = [16]+7 = 23
    1D10+5+1D6 = [3]+5+[2] = 10
     
  16. P-X 12 State Alchemist

    Messages:
    2,979
    Likes Received:
    44
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Reputation:
    Eren upon seeing the series of giant rats, immediately thought "First dogs, now rat dogs. We've basically been pest control for this damn place." He got up off his took out his bastard sword as he met the attacking charge with an offense of his own, wrapped up in Zahra and Mitra's own roars and tales.

    EREN'S SHEET (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1194146)



    Round 1
    Init: 24

    Action 11
    Attack: 1d20(10)+5 = 15
    Damage: 1d10 (10)+6 = 16

    Action 8
    Attack: 1d20 (18)+5 = 23
    Damage: 1d10 (8)+6 = 14

    Action 5 (Cleave)
    Attack: 1d20 (18)+5 = 23
    Damage: 1d10 (7)+6 = 13

    Attack: 1d20 (12)+5 = 17
    Damage: 1d10 (5)+6 = 11



    Round 2
    Init: 21

    Action 15
    Attack: 1d20 (3)+5 = 8
    Damage: 1d10 (4)+6 = 10

    Action 6
    Attack: 1d20 (8)+5 = 13
    Damage 1d10 (5)+6 = 11



    Round 3
    Ini: 19

    Action 10 (Power Attack)
    Attack: 1d20 (20-1 = 19)+5 = 24
    Damage: 1d10 (9) +6+3 = 18

    Action 9
    Attack: 1d20 (6)+5 = 11
    Damage: 1d10 (6)+6 = 12
     
  17. EvilMoogle Administrator Administrator

    Messages:
    20,463
    Likes Received:
    38
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Reputation:
    Extermination!Combat!

    At Eren's alert Zahara clambers through the tunnel and immediately begins recanting an exciting tale of a princess and a pirate doing battle with rats of unusual size in a time long past. Elys scrambles in a moment behind her further backing up the young man.

    Mitra charges through the tunnel and moves forward to engage the closest of the rats. It immediately leaps at the man with surprising speed. It sinks its teeth into Mitra's sleeve but mere rat teeth, however large, can't pierce the metal armor beneath. With a strong shake he throws off the rat and skewers it as it lands.

    Elys prepares for the charging rats as the first of the pack charges at her, she catches it as it approaches with a powerful swing cleaving the creature into the ground. A second follows behind charging at Zahara a moment later, though the reckless charge is easily sidestepped.

    A third charges Eren filling out the pack this rat strikes more truly, though Eren's fine armor manages to resist the bite. Eren coutners with a crushing hammer, slaming the creature with a sickening crunch. The last two rats charge forward towards the back trio, Zahara bats one's charge aside with her shield while the other jumps up on Eren attempting to climb up for his throat. The man takes careful composure, shrugs off the rat and swings a wide arc, slaming one rat into the other and dropping both still beneath the large mallet.

    With the battle dying down the sounds of the rats fade, smaller sounds still echo a bit here and there, likely common smaller rats, whatever they are they seem to be giving the party a wide berth after the brief battle.
     
  18. Unlosing Ranger The Heart Ignites

    Messages:
    4,580
    Likes Received:
    433
    Trophy Points:
    83
    Reputation:
    Rashka looks back and forth making sure there are no more alive giant rats.
    "That was scary, I don't think I could handle that... I doubt there are traps around the room. Lets take a look at these foot lockers."
    Take 20 for each one including the smashed ones. She makes sure the footlockers themselves aren't trapped and checks to see which ones are locked or rusted shut.

    Perception: 27
     
  19. Hidden Nin Active Member

    Messages:
    11,372
    Likes Received:
    18
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Reputation:
    Mitra swings his spear once to throw off the muck or gore on the blade before planting it firmly again, glancing at his sleeve. "Oh bother." He glances up at the others, looking to Zahra. "Are you all alright?" With a few winding steps he gives Raksha a wide berth in her inspections, though is close enough to move in if she needs help lifting or anything else.
     
  20. Daenerys Stormborn Mother of Dragons Retired Mod

    Messages:
    7,023
    Likes Received:
    228
    Trophy Points:
    63
    Reputation:
    "Yes, I think so." Zahra cleans off her shield, then keeps an eye on the room to make sure no more giant rats emerge while Raksha's busy with the footlockers.
     
  21. P-X 12 State Alchemist

    Messages:
    2,979
    Likes Received:
    44
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Reputation:
    Eren dusted himself off before grinding the head of his earth breaker, smearing off the gore from his large hammer and onto the walls. He considered putting it away, but he decided to keep the hammer out just in case another rat came out of hiding. "Here's hoping anything else we bump into is as easy as those lil' bastards, eh?" He moved around near the others whilst Mitra and Rashka looked through the footlockers, checking for any more giant vermin in the room.
     
  22. EvilMoogle Administrator Administrator

    Messages:
    20,463
    Likes Received:
    38
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Reputation:
    Most of the intact lockers are empty or only have debris from objects long since worn to nothing. The broken apart lockers typically contain what you might guess to be rat's nests, the wood chewed apart.

    One locker however is still in good shape, is closed, and has a simple lock holding it shut. There's no sign of any traps or devices on the locker or lock.
     
  23. Unlosing Ranger The Heart Ignites

    Messages:
    4,580
    Likes Received:
    433
    Trophy Points:
    83
    Reputation:
    "Can someone lever this open?"
     
  24. soulnova Hello Kyuubi

    Messages:
    15,677
    Likes Received:
    20
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Reputation:
    ((can't Rashka use Disable Device?))

    "Ok, I think I can do that. Stand back" Elys raises her greatsword but stops when she brings it over her head "Oh wait... Uhm... Maybe Mitra can open it like he did with the book?"


    If Mitra can't open it will attempt a power attack at the lock.
     
  25. WorkingMoogle Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    4,014
    Likes Received:
    104
    Trophy Points:
    63
    Reputation:
    ((Rashka forgot to buy thieves tools which makes the DC of even crappy locks impossibly high :zaru ))
     
  26. Hidden Nin Active Member

    Messages:
    11,372
    Likes Received:
    18
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Reputation:
    Mitra raises his chin as Elyse raises her greatsword and then groans quietly as she rethinks her position.. "Awh...well, yes, I suppose I can try it that way." He shuffles forward and then squats in front of the foot locker to peer at it with care. Patiently he tries to sabotage and dismantle it piece by piece.

    Aid Self: Knowledge (Engineering), Crafts (Mechanics):
    1D20+6 = [13]+6 = 19
    1D20+8 = [4]+8 = 12

    (Belatedly realized I can't take 10 or 20 on Aid Self but can on the Crafts :D Guessing that roll won't cut it so he'll try taking 10/20 after an initial rushed failure.)
     
  27. EvilMoogle Administrator Administrator

    Messages:
    20,463
    Likes Received:
    38
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Reputation:
    The lock here is similar to common mass produced locks of today. The mechanism is sealed inside after it's initially set. Disassembling the lock would require cracking open the case and working the tumblers by hand.

    In this particular case it's easier to detach the latch from the footlocker, the mechanism here is fairly simple and it takes minimal effort (with appropriate tools) to simply disassemble the latch.

    Inside the locker is a small collection of clothing, nondescript robes in surprisingly good condition, and a small book. The book is soft-bound in cloth and in far better shape than any of the books found below. It's in Empyreal, the formatting doesn't give any particular indication of what the text is.
     
  28. Unlosing Ranger The Heart Ignites

    Messages:
    4,580
    Likes Received:
    433
    Trophy Points:
    83
    Reputation:
    "That appears to be the only thing worth getting in here."
    Rashka searches the surrounding walls for any old collapsed entrances or looseness in a wall that might lead to a room next to the barracks to make sure. Take 10
    Perception: 17
     
  29. Hidden Nin Active Member

    Messages:
    11,372
    Likes Received:
    18
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Reputation:
    "There we go." Mitra takes a step back to give Raksha room to look through. "What do you think all that is? Doesn't seem like anything I recognize..." He looks to Zahra suddenly, and his tone shifts. "Say, what was that story? The name of it."
     
  30. EvilMoogle Administrator Administrator

    Messages:
    20,463
    Likes Received:
    38
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Reputation:
    There is/was a door on the East end of the Southern wall, it looks like it's blocked by a total collapse though. The walls themselves seem in good enough shape.
     

Share This Page