1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK
  2. Hey you

Yeah you!

Have you always wanted to impress Gordon Ramsey with your culinary skills?

Well you can't...

But you can impress the NF community by joining the Cooking Contest in the Bento Box!

And we promise we won't make you cry like him.
  3. Throwback Naruto : Hidden Village of Art has launched a new contest related to Naruto where Love and Spring is in the air, until next June 21.
    To know more click on the link: Spring Canon Pairings Drawing contest !!
  4. The latest NF Newsletter is out (June), read it here

Democrats Beware: Sanders ‘Movement’ Turns to Midterms

Discussion in 'The NF Café' started by Normality, Mar 20, 2017.

Will groups like Justice Democrats make a difference in 2018/2020?

1. Yes, they are organizing and look promising.

25.0%
  2. No, their efforts will fall by the way side as have other movements.

31.3%
  3. We'll see.

43.8%
  1. Normality The best that ever lived :3

I tore you a new asshole like 2 weeks ago over Bernie. That shit hasnt even healed yet and you're asking for more.

2. SuperSaiyaMan12 The Seventh Hokage's arrived.

But again, Sanders stuck to mostly white blue states.

What cost Hillary the election were blue collared voters in Ohio, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. Millennials didn't vote at all in overwhelming numbers (and hadn't voted in a way even during Obama's term). Sanders spent most of his energy on a voting block that is so unreliable he wouldn't have won the national election. He appealed only to Millennials and the Far left, he didn't offer anything to centrist voters while claiming he'd do a lot for blue collared ones, but he never really extrapolated well there.

3. SuperSaiyaMan12 The Seventh Hokage's arrived.

No you didn't. I even replied to you (after I got back from work) and you didn't address my counter. And newsflash Normality: I voted for Bernie in the primary, but I didn't join the cult like you did.

4. Seto Kaiba God Hand Crusher

Yes. A demographic Sanders fared very well with.

5. Nimura Furuta R.I.P Donovan

If the Dems win the election as they are now, they won't change. They'll think that they can keep getting away with the shit that they do.

This party seems to be nothing more than a lost cause for now.

6. SuperSaiyaMan12 The Seventh Hokage's arrived.

Which is why he only won one of those states I mentioned though, right? If he did so well with that demographic, why didn't he win Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Michigan instead of just winning Michigan (which to be fair was a big unexpected upset).

7. Catalyst75 Well-Known Member

This is pretty much how the Far Right got started in the first place: extremists on one end gradually pushing away the center people and the moderates in favor of extreme ideologies. And while Trump was "make America great again", Bernie was "reform the Democrats". What makes the two different from each other is that they are on the opposite far ends of the political spectrum. Other than, there was little difference in how they styled their platforms.

In that sense, Hillary was arguably the closest to the Center compared to Bernie and Donald.

8. Cyphon Brotherhood of the Beard

It seems to me like they need to find a balance.
    I seem to remember Sanders giving up the mic for 2 black women to get on stage and say something and IIRC he went into a black neighborhood, to a black barber shop, and had a 1 on 1 with a rapper named Killer Mike. It doesn't get much realer than that. Meanwhile Hillarys pandering ass tells a black radio station she always has hot sauce in her purse.

Not saying that is the end all be all but Sanders seems like the realest candidate we have seen for a long time and this is coming from someone who doesn't even necessarily support him. Seems to me like people just didn't get comfortable enough it time to make the switch from the status quo (specifically on the left between Sanders and Hillary) and so Sanders still struggled. His machine just wasn't big enough to compete. Obviously I can't speak for the black community but this comes from what I saw and what I got from discussions with my black friends. Not a single one of them liked Hillary.

I kind of rambled there I guess but the point is, I feel like when Sanders got his message heard he definitely connected with those communities. Way more than Hillary in fact. Like I said though, people know the Clinton name and her political power is so much bigger than Sanders.

9. Normality The best that ever lived :3

because it was full of trash and points that I already refuted.

10. SuperSaiyaMan12 The Seventh Hokage's arrived.

No you never refuted it. Normality you've become an extremist in such a short time, I really think your account has been hacked. This isn't you.

11. Normality The best that ever lived :3

12. SuperSaiyaMan12 The Seventh Hokage's arrived.

Says the person who was doing and acting a lot differently all up until a few weeks ago, then you started jumping on Bernie's dick and professing your love of the Far Left.

13. CrazyAries Truth Hurts

Wow, this article is just dripping with sarcasm and contempt.

The last paragraph:

Cenk Uygur was already involved in politics. Hence his network, his appearance on MSNBC, and the Wolf PAC.

And wasn't the "Rally for Sanity" a satire of a Glenn Beck Rally?

14. Normality The best that ever lived :3

15. Normality The best that ever lived :3

You must seriously be on another planet. I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A BERNIECRAT. I ALSO HEAVILY CRITICIZED HRC AND ONLY VOTED FOR HER BECAUSE I WAS FORCED TO ESSENTIALLY. Stop telling me what is normal for me when you clearly dont bother to pay too much attention. jesus

16. CrazyAries Truth Hurts

It will be should the progressive wing in the party prevail.

For the record, I hope they do. I have looked at Justice Democrats' platform and I have a "Wait and See" approach to it. But I would like to see Democrats like Joe Manchin out. He needs to go because not only does he have contempt for Bernie, he has contempt for the voters who have taken him to task for voting for Jeff Fucking Sessions, among other things.

Also:

I don't usually agree with Cyphon on politics, but he has a point here.

Like Seto said, the main draw to Clinton (for black folks) was the name recognition.

As more people are exposed to Bernie, more have tended to like him. He doesn't talk about race-specific issues, but he doesn't need to. He just addresses the most important issues to a large swath of Americans.

17. SuperSaiyaMan12 The Seventh Hokage's arrived.

Up until the election, you were speaking sense and were defending HRC a hell of a lot. You were also a lot more tactful and respectful to other people then. Now? You're essentially attacking anyone who isn't far left and who doesn't worship Bernie Sanders as their sacred cow. I get it, you're 21, you've been swept up with this thinking its the best thing in the world. But even when you're pointed out that EITHER extreme, far left or far right, is bad, you get angry that people want centrists who can actually work to form compromises. You don't want any compromises, do you? Its your way or the highway right? How is that any different from a Trump voter on the Far Right? How is that any different from a Tea Partier?

18. Death Arcana XIII. The Death

Hilary and the establishment dems lost to fucking Trump. They failed epicly and now it's time to get out.

19. SuperSaiyaMan12 The Seventh Hokage's arrived.

Right now, we all need to stand together to resist Trump. Not divide upon divide. 'A house divided upon itself cannot stand', has anyone who supports this bullshit ever heard of that quote? Not only that, you have some pretty fucked up priorities if you want to practically kill the progressive movement due to petty infighting and ideological purity.

20. Catalyst75 Well-Known Member

The main problem with Sanders is that he is more a philosopher-king than a politician, in the same sense that Trump was a demagogue. The problem with a philosopher-king, I would imagine, is that they could become individuals who "command" people to follow their ideologies, if said ideal is far enough to one side of the political spectrum, rather than being like an actual philosopher who "guides" and "Teaches", much less the philosopher-king of Plato's original vision.

This is what is going on with the Justice Democrat: they are demanding the need to "purify" the Democrat party, effectively dividing it to the point where they cut away anyone who does not share their ideology, with Sanders being their "philosopher-king".

21. Chie 2.0 hahahahaha

Super Saiyaman getting on Normality for "joining the cult". He must have forgotten him Shillingfor Hillary so hard

22. Orochibuto Well-Known Member

US far left includes SJWs, how the fuck is that center?

23. SuperSaiyaMan12 The Seventh Hokage's arrived.

Hence why its getting so damn annoying from Sanders supporters (looking at you Normality) that can't even acknowledge we have to all resist Trump together to win, instead of shoving down your ideals down everyone's throats. You are NO better than a Trump supporter, Normality, you're just on the Left instead of Right and you can't even see that you have more in common with those supporting Trump than those resisting him.

Sanders has become a literal sacred cow for this generation. He can't be attacked. He can't even be questioned. You point out he's a life long independent, not a Democrat, disrupting the party for his own ends, you get attacked by his supporters. You can point out he was using campaign money from donors which Hillary's camp wanted to court and they'll go 'NO HE IS GRASSROADS FUNDED!' You can point out Bernie doesn't support Gun Control very well and has sided with Republicans on that matter several times, is ignored or you're yelled at by his cult. Hell what about the fact Bernie supports efforts of dumping Vermont Nuclear Waste in Texas, which his wife even oversees? Nope they'll either ignore that or side with him. Or the fact that despite Bernie's attacks on Big Pharm? He has stock in two Pharmaceutical companies. Making him quite a hypocrite if he attacks Corey Baker for not supporting a bill that would not pass on bringing cheap drugs in from Canada. Yet...nope his supporters ignore the hypocrisy.
    Hillary was a bad candidate, but so was Bernie Sanders. He is not above criticism. he is not above pointing out his flaws or the fact he couldn't get the voting blocs necessary to win in the Primary.

24. HolyHands Let me touch you

People won't stand together unless you give them a likable leader to follow.

This may come as a shock, but one of the major reasons Trump won is because a LOT of people on the right loved the guy. They loved his blunt bravado. They loved how he pissed all the elites off because the conservative base hated the system. They loved how he pissed the liberals off because the conservative base hates liberals. They loved how the entire media hated his guts, yet couldn't stop talking about him. They loved how he promised to protect them from all the evil mexican illegals and muslims who want to kill them all. They loved how he was one of the only politicians to express the negative effects of globalism and speak to the working class who feel that the global economy is to blame for why they're poor.

Like it or not, Trump had a real appeal to people, enough appeal for many to either agree with, or at the very least overlook his many flaws. His constant packed rallies during the campaign weren't just an accident. People liked what he had to say. Yeah, it'll probably bite them in the ass later when he doesn't fulfill his promises, but he at least got people out to vote for him. That's something Hillary and the democrats could not do. Hillary couldn't campaign worth shit. She couldn't rally people to her cause. She couldn't provide any substantial reason why she deserved the vote other than "because Trump". The fact that she was a political elite in a climate that developed a strong hostility towards the elite didn't help her cause either. She was out of touch in almost every way, and yet every democrat elite, clueless celebrity, and their mother circled the wagons around her and propped her up because it was "her turn", refusing to see the red flags until it was too late.

Democrats need a leader who can rally massive crowds like Obama did. Simply stamping your feet and demanding that leftists come out to vote like mindless drones ain't gonna fly if you don't give them someone appealing to follow behind. It doesn't have to be Bernie, but it does have to be someone that understands the importance of economy and what the voter base wants. Bernie at the very least understood that, even if he didn't win. Get someone who has Obama-level appeal and some good policies, and democrats will unite again. Until then, let the current party rip itself apart.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  25. Doc Mindstorm Walking In The Air

Catdank Faction:
    Oh so now after Trump there is Sanders backlash from Sanders and "demos"? Out of the frying-pan into the fire I geuss. Changing right radical to left one won't help a bit, though I agree he at least not stupid radical as Trump so we will new know what "Russia" he has ties with.

26. Seto Kaiba God Hand Crusher

27. Lapis Ravioli Emperor Time!

Spoken like a true Communist :murika

28. Chie 2.0 hahahahaha

Look how far that got Hillary Clinton. Still Shilling. You haven't changed at all.

You can't understand the idea that Hillary Clinton and the other Democrats snubbed their own base and that bit them in the ass.

29. SuperSaiyaMan12 The Seventh Hokage's arrived.

Then Flow, how does anyone oppose Trump? Seriously, is it really smart to tear the Democratic Party apart when we have so much at stake, Flow? What should be the first priority: stopping Trump's Agenda or Ideological Purity? And flow...what's your opinion on Compromise?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  30. Chie 2.0 hahahahaha

You oppose Trump by going policy by policy, and campaign on those affected by what the administration has done or advocated for. You as well go policy by policy on what the American people want. Not just Democrats/Liberals.

'Raising the Minimum Wage
    'Infrastructure Building
    'Affordable Healthcare for all
    'Free College
    'Decreasing the amount of nation building/world conflicts being done throughout the world

Not mainly talking about "Trump sad m-mean things!" or "W-We have to stand t-t-t-t-together!!!!!!"

That's not fucking good enough. The fact that you need this pointed out to you..