1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Please discuss and vote on the fate of the reputation system here.
  3. The forum medals contest is being extended for another month. Check this thread for more information.

Confirmed that Madara gave his eyes to Nagato

Discussion in 'Konoha Library' started by Marsala, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Marsala The Ice-Cream Man Cometh Advisor

Well, that fixes the timeline discrepancy, though it raises other questions. Such as how did Madara manage to do eye surgery on Nagato and acquire a spare Sharingan if he can't even leave his room?

2. First Tsurugi M O T I V A T E D

Madara did transplant his eyes

But then if that's the case, how did he get Rinnegan? :hmm

3. Pretty Good Satan Sage Mode Naruto > GOD

Madara DID give his eyes to Nagato!

Astounding. So, where did he get the spare eye?

4. Thdyingbreed Rampaging Beast

Nagato wasn't born with the Rinnegan confirmed

So nice to finally have this confirmed Madara transplanted his eyes.

X

5. Dream forever flawless Administrator

Good to see this be confirmed. As for how Madara did eye surgery, perhaps Zetsu helped in doing it? :hmm

6. First Tsurugi M O T I V A T E D

He probably did it before he became too old to move.

7. SuperSaiyaMan12 The Seventh Hokage's arrived.

...but he explicitly said he awoke the Rinnegan before he died. Why would he give his eyes to Nagato?

8. Big Bοss <font face=Franklin Gothic Medium><font color=red>

Because it was all part of his plan? maybe next chapters will reveal everything.

9. bearzerger Major Cliff Allister McLane

It's good to see that Kishi is trying to fill those gaps. Perhaps when all is said and done everything will actually make sense.

Ahh who am I kidding.

10. Thdyingbreed Rampaging Beast

Rinnei tensei so he can be revived at a later point you would think that was made obvious last chapter.

Madara probably had this planned long before he met Obito.

11. PikaCheeka wants to believe

It's possibly the eyes reverted back to normal eyes when he gave them to Nagato, and they had to re-awaken, so Obito forced them to do so.

12. First Tsurugi M O T I V A T E D

YOU GOTTA BELIEVE

13. Weiss What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity

that doesn't mean seconds or minutes before his death

14. Marsala The Ice-Cream Man Cometh Advisor

So Nagato would be able to resurrect him in a youthened body, apparently.

It's pretty bizarre that for Madara, outright resurrection is a more achievable jutsu than youth regeneration, though.

15. Oga Tatsumi Retired

It seems so.

I think Obito never lied anything about Madara: Nagato's Rinnegan is Madara's, Moon Eye Plan, Madara fought Hashirama to obtain part of his powers, The Beginning of Konoha is true, Madara wanted to be complete again(young) with the Juubi etc...

The only thing Obito lied was about the Kyuubi attack which he was responsible for.

16. Hexa probably Dendi Advisor

The battle at VotE left him in poor condition, needing to be hooked up to Gedou Mazou. He gave away the Rinnegan as a plot for his healthy resurrection, I guess.

17. SuperSaiyaMan12 The Seventh Hokage's arrived.

Days, weeks, or months though. It'd be after whatever he did to Nagato.

18. Lightysnake Niku still has bad taste

Generally it means a little less than a few decades

19. Kishido ...

Look how simple the manga is if you start to think about it... but hey waiting for Izuna will come back

20. vered yellow fu-uma

so Nagato had Madara eyes all the time!
    confirmed!!!

21. Reddan Active Member

I said it at the time and I will say it again here now. He meant his "death" at the VOTE.

EMS+Hashirama's power=Rinnegan.

I will go further and say Hashirama is naturally a perfect Sage.

22. rob1out Member

Too bad we never saw Nagato with the EMS.... that woulda been like WOAHHHHH

23. vered yellow fu-uma

i wonder exactly when he gave Nagato his eyes.
    i guess he awakened them first and then used Nagato for his plan?
    also confirms that Nagato could never use the EMS powers most likely because he himself wasn't an uchiha or these were transplanted eyes to begin with.

24. Klue 輪廻

He gave his EMS to Nagato, whom eventually awakened the Rinnegan with them; Madara probably received another eye and awakened it himself before he died.

25. HashiraMadara Konoha's Greatest

Madara awakened the only other Rinnegan there is in the current storyline, I thought that was clearly stated long ago?
    And "shortly before i died" could mean before he was old and immobile (aka hooked up on Mazou for life support)

26. Reddan Active Member

Did you see the Gedo Mazo stature? I think he gave Nagato the actual Rinnegan. If Nagato had received EMS, then he would be able to revert back to the EMS like Kakashi can MS/Sharingan. The fact Nagato can never turn the Rinnegan off indicates he got the eyes at their most evolved state.

27. MYJC Cunning Linguist

Zetsu.

And it probably wouldn't be hard for Zetsu to find some Uchiha that died in one of the wars and steal his eye.

28. Hazuki Legend

that doesn't mean 30 years

however we know madara awake his rinnegan before his death , we know he gave them to nagato kid ( 30 years ago so)

so there is no logic to understand that madara awake his rinnegan 30 years before his death , unless he was dying for 30 years

when he said ' few time before my death i awake the rinnegan " he never said i leave 30 long years between those 2 context

he most likely live few month , so there is no logic

29. Reddan Active Member

It's very simple. Madara did not mean his literal death. He meant VOTE or shortly afterwards when he was left a shell of his former self.

30. Klue 輪廻

It means he awakened the Rinnegan shortly before his death, sometime after meeting Obito. The eyes he used to awakened them was a spare.

Why do you think he wanted another replacement eye so badly? To awaken the Sharingan's full power.

31. bearzerger Major Cliff Allister McLane

What this guy said. Madara awakened Rinnegan in his fight with Hashirama but still ended up getting his ass handed to him. Then he faked his death -perhaps by using that split body technique Muu used and which Madara may have been able to copy with his sharingan- and crawled away like a beaten dog.

Then he somehow managed to destroy the Uzumaki and implant Nagato with his Rinnegan.

32. vered yellow fu-uma

either he awakened the Rinnegan and gave them to Nagato.
    or he gave Nagato the EMS and they were awakened in Nagato and he himself awakened the Rinnegan with his spare eyes.
    these are the 2 possible options/

33. Jeαnne :hurr

this doesnt make any sense

madara's rinnegan is layering his EMS, its the same eye. The rinnegan that he has, has EMS. If he gave away his eyes and awakened rinnegan with spare eyes, how could he have his EMS and rinnegan now?

34. geminis Active Member

Ok ok, so Madara orchestrated the death of the uzumaki clan(since he hated Hashi's girl so much for taking his man)....but made sure to snag a survivor so he can implant his eyes which was on the cusp of awakening the rinnegan but his body was too mangled and shriveled up to handle such output of power. Si in essence, he did awaken the rinnegan but through another person. His plan was to have Nagato use his very own occular power (rinne tensei) to resurrect himself in a better body, and take his eyes back from nagato. Not that is a trollin' fucktard.

35. Klue 輪廻

Don't know. Why would he be revived with his old ocular power if he gave it away 30 years prior to his death? Why wasn't he revived with a spare in the first place?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  36. Amanomurakumo Capsule

Like Jeanne said.. makes absolutely.. no... sense.. at.. all. Madara's eyes were already transplanted to Nagato when he met Obito so even if he did awaken Rinnegan with the new replacement Sharigan, it wouldn't matter. Madara awakened the Rinnegan during his fight with Hashirama but he still "died". It was those eyes that were given to Nagato.

The real question is, why Nagato? He was an Uzumaki so he had relations with the Senju, but he wasn't even a ninja. It was chance that Jiraiya even came upon him to teach him Ninjutsu.

37. Reddan Active Member

The answer why Nagato is easily answered. Nagato was probably an Uzumaki with exception life force, chakra and the general inheritance from the younger son. There was no better choice to use the powers of the Rinnegan than Nagato.

38. vered yellow fu-uma

to think that Nagato always had EMS.
    all the Rinnegans(Nagato,Obito) we've seen in the Manga were basically Madaras developed EMS.

39. Amanomurakumo Capsule

We know Nagato was an Uzumaki. That much was stated by Tobi. Though I can't really harp on the fact that he was a civilian child with no ninjutsu background when he was able to kill the Konoha ninjas that killed his parents and Chunin that tried to kill Yahiko. I guess Madara expected the Rinnegan alone to keep Nagato alive all those years.

40. Reddan Active Member

No, Madara probably had Zetsu keep an eye on him all those years ago. Personally I am still not convinced Nagato really did kill those Chunin. Would not be surprised if Zetsu did not zip into save him.

We know Zetsu was keeping an eye on Sasuke for most of his life. Would expect the same for Nagato.

41. Samehada The Tailess Bijuu

Yup. This is 100% correct in my book. Or, since Obito was still too young to awaken Kid Nagato's eyes, Nagato probably just awakened them by the traumatic event of watching his parents die. Re-awakening that is, which isn't too bad. Anything relating to Uchiha ends up with the words "awakening" and "death."

42. bearzerger Major Cliff Allister McLane

I could go on about Edo Tensei bringing back the body in the state it was in when the dna sample was taken, but really it's just Kishi being arbitrary. He wanted Madara brought back at full power so he did. Those eyes Madara has are his "original" eyes.

43. omixeo o Y o

Madara was brought back with his original eyes because they written into his dna. How hard is that to accept? Why would he be brought back with someone elses eyes when the edo tensei needs the original persons dna to restructure their body and powers. As for why he was younger and not shriveled up and old was as Kabuto stated, his and Orochimarus experiments allowed him to be brought back to his prime, etc etc.

As for nagato, I bet Madara deactivated them to just normal eyes and had them implanted into nagato that way. If he had implanted them already active then chakra demand could likely have killed him. Although that doesn't explain why he couldn't use the sharingan unless he needed uchiha blood to do so; and the Hatake clan somehow is distantly related to the uchihas like the uzumakis are related to the senjus ala Kakashi. It's only an asspull away really.

44. Klue 輪廻

Umm, Nagato.

Regardless, I don't think Edo Tensei is credible evidence to prove or disprove anything relating to Madara's ocular power prior to his death.

BAM!!

45. Nuuskis Active Member

You guys just automatically assume that Madara must have used that life support thing ever since his battle with Hashirama.

As for Madara giving his eyes to Nagato, I don't believe for a second that Nagato would actually had Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan. I believe he only had Rinnegan.

46. Bamfaliscious M Mercurial Magyar

Re-read the chapter you'll see he gave-up/had a burnt out right eye, Maybe he used some kind of Ocular transferal of power technique and he lost use of the eye as a result, yet Nagato/eye recipient still got two Rinnegan.

47. Nuuskis Active Member

Maybe you should re-read the chapter. He gave his original eyes to Nagato, and he had only managed to get 1 replacement.

48. Marsala The Ice-Cream Man Cometh Advisor

No, Madara said that his left eye is just a replacement. He gave up both of his EMS/Rinnegan to Nagato.

49. Grendel .

Edo brings back a person as they were at time of death...which is why nagato still had madaras eyes...following the description of the jutsu then madara should have come back with the spare...

Kabuto somehow recreated madara with his old eyes and in his prime body...its just weird that et can create multiple sets of the same eyes...

50. Palpatine Heheheh

So the timeline goes:

Madara loses to Hashirama
    He somehow survives
    He awakens the rinnegan through unknown means
    Gives his rinnegan eyes to Nagato
    Gets a spare sharingan for just his left eye

I assume this is roughly how it went?