1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK
  2. Hey you

Yeah you!

Have you always wanted to impress Gordon Ramsey with your culinary skills?

Well you can't...

But you can impress the NF community by joining the Cooking Contest in the Bento Box!

And we promise we won't make you cry like him.
  3. Throwback Naruto : Hidden Village of Art has launched a new contest related to Naruto where Love and Spring is in the air, until next June 21.
    To know more click on the link: Spring Canon Pairings Drawing contest !!

Computer parts/building computers/pc stuff - Part 2

Discussion in 'Tech Hub' started by Reznor, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Synthetickiller My engine is with you.

Russlin' a few jimmies with this post. You know who you are. ;)
    I'll either do the install tomorrow or Friday. My CPU block is not cooling properly (I hit 100C instantly in prime95). I have to take it apart. I'm not looking forward to that. Re-seating the block drops the initial cpu temp spike from 100C to 99C. Massive improvement, lol, not.

Awesome!
    Post pics vs the 780Ti. I want to see the size difference.

2. Seraphiel S A D B O Y S

I won't get it back.

Also when I finally decide to watercool all my stuff, probably after I change my mobo, ram, cpu I'll drive down to ekwb, they are only 3h away from me.

3. Seraphiel S A D B O Y S

4. Synthetickiller My engine is with you.

Dude, my 1080 is going back. Day 1, it won't OC past 2068 (110mhz OC). Today, day 2, 100mhz isn't stable. It's as if the card degraded. I play around with settings, but nothing works. I'm blown away...

There's no need to own a card this expensive that can only be used stock! I'm really tempted to get the Zotac now. You know the saying, once bitten, twice shy. I've heard the arcticstorms are OCing well & I don't have the space for installing a custom block right now.

5. Tony Stark Awesome

I had to go back to 368.81 to get any OC to work.

First I thought the card itself was the problem, RMA'd, new card, still the same.

Build another system for a friend, G1 1070, same story.

6. Synthetickiller My engine is with you.

I'll give a shot tomorrow.
    What I'm concerned with is that the max OC changes & always in a negative fashion. It's not as if any OC crashed... it's just I couldn't achieve the same clocks & I'm in no way temperature limited. I will give it a shot though. That's not a bad idea.

The current driver had no issues w/ my gtx 690... I was able to OC it to the same levels. Maybe it's a 10x0 gen issue?
    I'll report back tomorrow.

Edit:

I loaded up 368.81 over the current driver , 372.70.
    If anything it's worse. It's not even stable at +100mhz on the core now. I tried 110, 105, then 100. Something is going on because the card barely OC's at this point, despite power levels being fairly high (100% core voltage, 120% power limit).

I just tried 90mhz on the core & It gets better scores than the 100 through 110 OCs. Even 90mhz oc crashed the nvidia driver. That behavior exists no matter what driver. I can't see it being anything but hardware related.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  7. Tony Stark Awesome

Sounds trivial, but did you uninstall the previous driver using DDU (in Safe mode)?

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

If you already did, then I would RMA and not take any chances.

Nothing but trouble on Pascal and Nvidia drivers, people who have no issues at all are rare.

8. Synthetickiller My engine is with you.

I'm in the process of RMAing the MSI card.
    In the mean time, I ordered the Zotac Arcticstorm & let me tell you, the performance is night & day.
    The MSI was stable at a little over 2050mhz @ 1.093v @ hit 48°C. The Zotac is stable beyond 2200mhz (I'm stable to at least 2227mhz as of today on Time Spy & Heaven). I rarely break 43°C & hover a lot of the times in the upper 30s to 41°C. Idle, it's at 30°C or less, depending on room temp. I've seen it as low as 27°C in the morning. I'm sold on Zotac.

No, I didn't use DDU. Does it really make that much of a difference?
    I didn't even uninstall & reinstall the drivers when I popped the Zotac in. I've rarely had driver issues or than with Vulkan in Doom on Win 7 (doesn't work on Win 7, but does in Win 10). Maybe I'm just lucky.

9. Synthetickiller My engine is with you.

So I did a clean install after running DDU. Here's my best run in firestrike thus far: (I still don't get why it won't recognize my card)

10. Freechoice Freechoice

I need some advice on what to upgrade with my computer

I'm dumb and inexperienced with this shit, bad combo with computers and shit apparently and my dumbass friends are dumbasses so hopefully someone can answer here though this thread seems dead as fuck but eh

so right now I got

i7 6700k
    16gb DDR4 corsair platinum dominator or some shit
    gtx 1080
    z170 d3h motherboard
    2 2tb harddrives
    850 1tb evo ssd
    and a 950 512gb m.2 ssd, which seems overpriced as fuck

some cunt charged me like $150 to build that shit too

got some shitty old 24 inch 1080p TN screen

so some recommendations on a monitor is welcome, price is essentially no object but I'm not just going to buy the best or whatever, something practical. I don't like those weird ass ultrawide things either.

was looking at the rog swift 144hz ips one

but yeah im not much of a gamer, never play multiplayer games, no friends on steam :)cry), never played an mmo or moba and dont have an interest in doing so

i supposed you may be wondering why i spent money on a computer then

well I did so to serve as my all in one multimedia thing

but im also a frivolous buyer always buying shit i dont need or will use, just yesterday I bought some fancy ass keyboard that has rgb lighting, got it to work as a spectrogram which is pretty badass but other than that i never use it except to type but it looks like a gaming thing

k70 rapidfire corsair that's it

its fucking loud as fuck to type but this nerd at the store said its better because its a mechanical keyboard and shit and i was high as fuck so i fell for the hype.

anyway

I threw out my ps4 and xbone and just use steam for games now (i use xbox controller because fuck keyboard and mouse is gay as fuck, i dont know how you motherfuckers do it, i like sitting on my couch and playing) and hook up my computer to my 88inch ks9800 tv for gaming/various computer shit/music

fuck im high, i add that as a disclaimer both to myself and anyone reading to excuse my ridiculousness or blah blah

oh yeah so basically im asking for advice on a monitor (4k vs 144hz 1440p???) and if my computer has a bottleneck of some sort

i dont want to spend another 1300 for double graphics cards either, fuck that shit

oh yeah and what's some nice computer speakers, i got some logitech mini surround ones but they are shit and old, and my home theatre system with my tv isn't always necessary

11. Tony Stark Awesome

DDU does make a big difference imo. even more when you switch from AMD to Nvidia or vice versa.

Also Win 10 and Nvidia drivers are currently problematic for some games.

Nice build.

4k ain't worth it yet, but if you want to see what it looks like try the Samsung U28E590D.

For Gaming obvious choice is 1440p @144hz, you can look at this bitch Acer Predator XG270HU.

But if you want something truly sexy go 1440p Ultrawide, like these Dell UltraSharp U3415W OR Acer XR341CK OR if you truly think so far you have only seen shit fit for peasants get this Asus ROG PG348Q.

You can check this site out too, it's meh but a starting point, will give aa idea on whats out there http://www.144hzmonitors.com/best-gaming-monitor-2016/

12. Id Τοξότης Moderator

Looking for suggestions, for a 28 inch wide screen monitor to do work on.
    - Not gaming
    - Some Editing
    - Mostly reading comics
    - Home Work
    - Good Quality
    - Good Bang for Buck

13. Seraphiel S A D B O Y S

Just throw out a price range tbh. Easiest way for me to look at what you need that way.

14. Id Τοξότης Moderator

15. Tony Stark Awesome

LG 29UM68-P 314€

If you do a lot of editing 1440p would be better

LG 34UM94C-P 574€

Prices are from Germany to give you a rough idea, but you can check for your country by googling the model names.

16. Seraphiel S A D B O Y S

He's better off getting a korean 1440p, then like a qnix 2710 for less than both of those. IPS pannel, 27 inches.

17. The World KATTA

I regret it

yeah it was cheap but the picture quality is meh

I love my overpriced Benq 27 inch

18. Tony Stark Awesome

That's the first time I ever hear of that brand, but that price is really good.

Thing is, how does that cheap price translate to quality?

27" is a bit too small for me personally, 29" is borderline okay.

Also he said "Widescreen", by which he probably means Ultrawide 21/9 while that Qnix is 16/9.

That's unfortunate.

I never had a LG TV, currently have 2 Samsung TVs and a Samsung 4k display, but every other monitor I bought in the last what? 5-7 years? was LG and I never had a single problem.

@Id While looking for that Qnix, I found the 2 LGs I listed even cheaper at. 249€ and 499€ respectively.

If you really don't want a LG there is also the Asus MX299Q (1080p), but it's not really good bang for buck.

4k isn't ideal for gaming yet, but it is quite good for editing like the Samsung U28E590D which I use myself.

19. DemonDragonJ Friend of Freedom, Opponent of Oppression

One of my computers has a 256-gigabyte solid-state drive, which I wish to replace with a 512-gigabyte SSD, but I do not wish to bother with reinstalling the operating system and all the other software, so I seek a method for cloning the contents of the drive to a new drive, making the new drive a compelte copy of the first, except with a larger capacity. Of course, I could simply purchase a second 256-GB drive, but I would like to have the skill of cloning a drive, in the case that I ever need it for an important situation. What software, or other methods, for cloning a drive can anyone here recommend?

20. Freechoice Freechoice

if your SSD is a samsung you can use their great migration software

free and I've used it plenty

If not, EaseUS is good too

21. DemonDragonJ Friend of Freedom, Opponent of Oppression

Yes, my drive is a Samsung 840 pro, which I purchased when the prices were still fairly high, and I plan to upgrade to an 850 pro, with larger capacity, now that the prices are much lower, so I hope that their software will be useful. Can that software also transfer data from a traditional hard drive to a solid-state drive?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  22. Freechoice Freechoice

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  23. DemonDragonJ Friend of Freedom, Opponent of Oppression

That is very good to know; thank you very much.

24. DemonDragonJ Friend of Freedom, Opponent of Oppression

Not long ago, TP-Link released the world's first router (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833704301) under the IEEE 802.11 AD specification, so is it safe to presume that other companies shall soon release their own routers under that specification, as well?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  25. Toby Detective Dollars Advisor

Considering to make my PC a dual boot hackintosh

Windows 10 currently runs okay, but I prefer to do my programming work on a mac.

I am thinking the new beta drivers from Nvidia are promising. Does anyone know when they will release anything stable? Current drivers are beta only.

This should cover all GTX 1060, GTX 1070, GTX 1080 and the Titan XP btw.

https://9to5mac.com/2017/04/06/nvidia-titan-xp-beta-pascal-drivers-mac/

http://appleinsider.com/articles/17...graphics-drivers-for-pascal-based-video-cards (http://appleinsider.com/articles/17/04/11/nvidia-releases-beta-mac-graphics-drivers-for-pascal-based-video-cards)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  26. DemonDragonJ Friend of Freedom, Opponent of Oppression

Has anyone here built any computers with AMD's new Ryzen processors? I have heard that they are very impressive, thus far.

27. Toby Detective Dollars Advisor

Found this though for Mac lovers:

Software Library: Macintosh
    A collection of emulated software for the early Macintosh computer, created by Apple as the successor to the Apple II series. Simple, powerful and a new path in computing, the Macintosh's graphics-based operating system changed the face of computing permanently.

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_mac

Everything works. You can launch any program in the browser and play games and edit files. Good memories from this stuff. :)

28. Tom Servo Pants Pants Pants Pants

Im trying to get into motion capture for a video project but I apparently need an updated video/graphics card.

Do I have to worry about compatibility issues if I get a new card for my pc?

Here's my info it helps

29. Ryuzaki Moonlight ۷۸٦ Moderator

Unfortunately, that doesn't show what your GPU is, while all of those parts meet/exceed the bare minimum requirements for the program you are trying to launch, I would need to verify what GPU you are using.

http://ipisoft.com/store/hardware

I found this on their website, if you have a laptop then it becomes trickier because it's almost fruitless to do that, but if you a desktop then you'll just have to update your graphics card and then update the drivers so your computer recognizes it. Most graphics card will still offer backwards compatibility for 7/8/8.1