1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK
  2. Hey you

Yeah you!

Have you always wanted to impress Gordon Ramsey with your culinary skills?

Well you can't...

But you can impress the NF community by joining the Cooking Contest in the Bento Box!

And we promise we won't make you cry like him.
  3. Celebrate our first Xenforo anniversary and join the forum lottery here
  4. Check out "Peerless", by our very own Shrooms!

Boruto Chapter 8 Discussion / Chapter 9 Predictions (Jan 30)

Discussion in 'Konoha Library' started by Platypus, Dec 22, 2016.

Chapter 8 Rating:

Poll closed Jan 22, 2017.
  1. 1

17.1%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

4.9%
  5. 5

12.2%
  6. 6

14.6%
  7. 7

7.3%
  8. 8

14.6%
  9. 9

9.8%
  10. 10

19.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Platypus

Boruto Chapter Discussion/Predictions Thread

Guidelines

General forum & section rules
    Please read our Rules of Conduct (https://forums.hero-academia.com/threads/1079785/) and Rules of Konoha Library (http://forums.hero-academia.com/threads/1053874/). All forum and section rules apply here as well.

1. Keep those Boruto: Naruto the Movie spoilers in check
    Want to talk about specifics from the novel or the movie not yet revealed in the manga or by upcoming chapter spoilers? Use spoiler tags [spoiler][/spoiler] or spoiler bars [sb][/sb].

2. No chapter spoilers outside of this thread or Boruto R/T/S and Spoilers (https://forums.hero-academia.com/threads/boruto-r-t-s-and-spoilers.1072356/) until the English scanlation comes out
    Also a reminder that you ought to enable the 'Spoiler' prefix when you post a thread related to the newest chapter in the hours/days after the scanlation came out. See Rules of Konoha Library (https://forums.hero-academia.com/threads/rules-of-konoha-library-post-your-feedback-and-suggestions-here.1053874/). There's no need to tag leaked manga spoilers in here nor in the dedicated spoiler thread of course.

3. Off-Topic
    This thread is for latest chapter discussion and next chapter predictions & spoiler discussion. Going off on a tangent every once in a while for a few posts is fine, but try to not completely derail the thread. As usual, all off-topic/unrelated pairing talk belongs in Pairing Nerds "United" (https://forums.hero-academia.com/link-forums/pairing-nerds-united.540/).

4. Don't post anything but (links to) chapter scans or spoilers in the dedicated Boruto R/T/S and Spoilers (https://forums.hero-academia.com/threads/boruto-r-t-s-and-spoilers.1072356/) thread
    Self-explanatory. See the opening post of that thread.

Post chapter spoilers in the dedicated Boruto R/T/S and Spoilers (https://forums.hero-academia.com/threads/boruto-r-t-s-and-spoilers.1072356/) thread
    This is less of a rule and more of a recommendation. People will have a much easier time finding text spoilers, chapter images and links to scanlations (etc.) in the dedicated sticky. If someone posted a spoiler in here but forgot to post them in the Boruto R/T/S and Spoilers (https://forums.hero-academia.com/threads/boruto-r-t-s-and-spoilers.1072356/) thread, feel free to quote his/her post into the other thread. Contact a local mod if that thread's still closed.​

5. Don't pester the spoiler providers or translators
    Be patient. Don't throw a hissy fit when people don't want or don't have the time to leak or translate spoilers.​

Failure to comply will result in consequences
    Usually a public or private warning at first and a section ban (or forum ban, depending on the nature of the violation) down the line. Don't hesitate to use the report function if you think a post is against one of our rules. We won't bite. :hurr

F.A.Q.

What's Boruto's release schedule?
    Boruto is a monthly serialization, so one chapter every 4 or 5 weeks.

When do we get the first chapter spoilers?
    Sometime after the WSJ issue's ToC is leaked (Wednesday in Europe) and before the WSJ scanlations come out. Usually. I say 'usually' a lot due to (un)foreseeable circumstances like magazine breaks, scan providers getting arrested, scanlation sites being shut down, etc.

Which spoiler sources can be trusted or should I keep an eye on?
    https://www.spoiler.net (pictures) | @Evil (hints) | @ℜai (scans) | @OrganicDinosaur (scans and/or translations) |@YonkouProductions, http://yonkouprod.com or https://twitter.com/YonkouProd (scans) | http://onepiece-naruto.com (often fake spoilers unless they post pictures of the new chapter) | http://marumaru.in (Korean scanlations)

Where can I find the old chapter prediction/discussion threads?
    Use the forum's search tool. Or try googling "Boruto chapter X thread site:narutoforums.com", "Boruto chapter X thread site:forums.hero-academia.com" or something similar.

When's the next chapter prediction/discussion thread?
    As soon as the English scanlation (MangaStream) is made available. One of the mods will close & unsticky this thread and sticky the new one.

What are scanlations?
    Scanlations are early scans of the chapter with – sometimes questionable – translations on them. Popular WSJ titles, including Boruto, tend to be scanlated by MangaStream.

When is the official chapter release?
    Boruto is published in Weekly Shonen Jump. A new issue of WSJ usually comes out every Monday in Japan, i.e. street date or official release (2017 schedule (http://yonkouprod.com/shonen-jump-2017-issue-1-52-schedule/)). However, leaks happen multiple days in advance. VIZ translations (the official, paid, English release) also come out on Mondays.

When do Boruto chapter scanlations come out?
    Usually on the Thursday before the chapter's street date. If WSJ happens to be on a break the week/issue prior then scanlations (as well as spoilers) may come out even earlier than usual.

So what's the date in the thread title?
    The street date (official release) of next Boruto chapter. It's the latest possible date you'll get your Boruto fix. As mentioned above, scanlations are usually released four days prior.

I'm a guest and all I see are X's instead of links or images! Help!
    Our super admin disabled links and images for guests because of security reasons. Nothing I can do about it other than tell you to create an account.

Discuss and/or predict away & enjoy!

:naruto

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2017
  2. plsnerf Active Member

Golden rinnegan and byakugan and nothing to show for it.

Step up your game kodachi :apathy

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Haruka Katana (Φ ω Φ)つ¤=[]:::::::::::>

For chap 9 I predict it finally ends :catghost

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. pat pat Well-Known Member

He was trapped by the shadows because instead of bombing everyone with jutsus likein the movie, he caught them off guard and directly used the kagemane , it's logical. But bolt wrecking momo doesn't make sense, all the changes they have done this far all make sense.

This long ass flashback where he talks with sasuke isn't here for no reason.

5. Indra Well-Known Member

I liked Sasuke's speech to Boruto, and the context. People were confused as to why he brought Boruto there, and he said it was a last resort just in case something bad happened. I-E - Sasuke saw his Rasengan ability

The dialogue was nice too, just the littlw things here and there. I liked that Boruto's worry over his usefulness was explained better too.

Although, he teased Momoshiki's new form for nothing. Even though the scenes weren't the same, Momo didn't really do anything spectacular.

Still it was funny seeing the Kages get their assed kicked in one second.

"Bench warmers" indeed :skully

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  6. Platypus

Chapter 9: Fight ends.
    Chapter 10: Epilogue chapter.
    Chapter 11: Something new, finally.

Chapter 8 was meh. Disappoint in the lack of anything noteworthy that we didn't get in the movie or novelization already.

7. Blu-ray Moderator

No star level Rinnegan, but at least it turned gold right?:gglife

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  8. plsnerf Active Member

Too damn long for some actually new content

9. The Orange Hokage Member

Look at the bright side. If momo had that, his defeat would've been more embarrassing. :apathy

10. Jackalinthebox Well-Known Member

>implying the world of Naruto uses logic or consistently makes sense :hestonpls

11. Munboy Dracule O'Brian Well-Known Member

I guess they are rushing it a little bit and just want it to end, just like everyone :gglife
    New content is coming :gglife

13. plsnerf Active Member

that kind of shit is worth infinite :catflip

14. pat pat Well-Known Member

15. plsnerf Active Member

16. Lemongrab Well-Known Member

Why does it seem like Sasuke is giving Naruto chakra to use Susano'o rather then Sasuke creating Susano'o himself? :huh

I hope they are not implying that Sasuke can't use Susano'o by himself? I'm probably being paranoid but I find it disturbing that they glossed over every other instance of it in film except this one time with Naruto.:catdude

And tbh, I generally get the idea that Sasuke is being nerfed.

Was gonna give a five rating, but I think I'll stick with my usual 1 for the recap chapters.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. Nimura Furuta 2-0-4-8-6-3

Pretty good chapter, combat sequence was good. If you expected the movie fight on paper then I question how high your iq is.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  18. Blu-ray Moderator

@Zef Nah, I think that's fine. Regardless of his had gestures, it's still him using Susano'o.

• List
  19. plsnerf Active Member

movie fight? No. Missed opportunities with a new Momo? YES

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. adeshina365 Destruction Incarnate

By itself this chapter was decent, but nonetheless underwhelming.

21. Indra Well-Known Member

No way. He probably didn't know how to show Sasuke making the Susano'o without contact first.

In the Movie version when Sasuke gets up, he touches Naruto's arm. So I think they just added the scenes to make it look like he was physically sharing his power.

22. pat pat Well-Known Member

I think Ikemoto goes with the need for their chakras to merge for the PS armor to cover Kurama.

Before Sasuke just materialized the PS armor without focusing on phys contact.

Though when used against Juubito we got the "two powers mixing" and Naruto's and Sasuke's auras doing so.
    http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/651/2

I wonder if Sasuke aside from the PS armor and sword did not give Kurama a boost in power in general. Kurama got a clear increase in physical strength to destroy the Golem's arm like that.

Since it was Sasuke who gave power instead of the opposite I wouldn't worry that Sasuke cannot use PS on his own here.

Ikemoto nerfed him by making him use only taijutsu and swordsmanship but at the same time it did make Sasuke look more impressive by giving god tiers trouble with that alone.

24. Blu-ray Moderator

I'm sorry your young, virgin eyes had to see that.:sadpanda

25. plsnerf Active Member

Rinnegan IS the new byakugan. smdh the most powerful eye in the series feels like filler at this point :dafuq

26. Arles Celes The Psychologist

Though Naruto and Sasuke did not show anything super godly new either.

BM and PS are the pinnacle.

Guess its hard to invent anything that could surpass those. :hmm

No doubt what Momo had shown would have easily overwhelmed anyone else who is not from the Otsutsuki family.

27. Blu-ray Moderator

On the bright side, they gave Momo's wood dragon tech a name. Was the naming convention for Sharingan techniques unlike wood, but eh. Can't complain. Just wish he could do the same for Sasuke's Rinne portal tech.:catprone

28. Lemongrab Well-Known Member

They probably don't care about Sasuke. :cattired

29. plsnerf Active Member

Yay giving a long, semi-cool sounding name to a tech destroyed in seconds.

the hype, its too much :lbj

30. Indra Well-Known Member

Well Naruto is taken down atm so when/if Boruto frees them, there will possibly be a chance for Sasuke to dish out something good before the recap concludes.

Momo already stuck his bars in his chest so that guy is technically out the match for now :catskully

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.