1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Discussion for the forum medals contest is happening here. Please drop in and give your input.

Boa Hancock vs. Luffy

Discussion in 'One Piece Battledome Archive' started by tupadre97, Jul 25, 2012.

1. tupadre97 Active Member

If Hancock would have never fallen in love with Luffy how would Current Luffy compare to her.

Mindset: Bloodlusted

Knowledge: Full for both

Who would win?

2. Imagine Unrivaled

He gets stoned. :D:

3. Law Surgeon Moderator

Bloodlusted Hancock doesn't fuck around with Lust Mero Beams. She fires slave arrows at him until he comes closer to cut off her range advantage, and she kicks his face off. Mid/High diff, based on revelations of her actual reaction speed when not playing "Archer".

Luffy's not there yet.

4. zorokuma Active Member

luffy would of been raped

5. Law Surgeon Moderator

He's asking about Current Luffy.

6. Biohazard Magellan Kurapika > Magellan > Teach

Lol. Clever.

7. zorokuma Active Member

current luffy wud be raped still in my opinion....or beaten low to mid diff

8. Reisuke Great Teacher

Current Luffy is pretty fast, but Hancock's Slave Arrow is too. Besides, there are too many of them so there are big chances he could get hurt before he gets closer to her and since the attack has nothing to do with lust, it's pretty obvious that he would definitely have some trouble.

If that doesn't work ( which could, considering Luffy's impressive speed and reactions ), she just has to come closer to him at full speed and kick him with Perfume Femur to a dangerous spot ( head or arms ).

Luffy could try to hit her and that could actually work, but I'm taking in account that she could easily petrify "anyone" so if she hits him, he'll lose.

She takes this with mid difficulty, in my opinion.

9. Kid Active Member

How will hancock rape him?? with a dildo?

Anyways Hnacock mid-high diff

10. zorokuma Active Member

a stone dildo

11. corsair ゴゴゴゴ

With arrows.

12. Kid Active Member

Must rep again damn ahauhaahahahahahha

13. DoflaMihawk Blind Bandit

14. zorokuma Active Member

wait its boa sisters??? luffy raped for sure

15. Law Surgeon Moderator

That's the location. Where he fought Marigold and Sandersonia. That's not who he's fighting.

16. JustSumGuy The True SNIPER KING

Don't think Luffy's there just yet.

I think he could at least give her mid diff though.

17. zorokuma Active Member

ohhh my bad

18. Viper █▬█ █ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀

Hancock low diff.

19. Ava &#32

Hancock mid to high difficulty.

20. Donquixote Doflamingo Master Puppeteer

Not sure if this is Hancock wank, or luffy undestimation but no just no.

Hancock wins mid-diffculty at best.

21. Viper █▬█ █ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀

It's Hancock wank. And just yes.

22. Sanji Active Member

I'm gunna steal that Luffy statue from her.

23. tupadre97 Active Member

Can ppl get on topic and explain in detail y they think Hancock would win. I think she wowuld win bcuz she is probably just as fast as him and G3 would just make him a huge target for slave arrows. Not to mention she is probably more skilled in haki than him.

24. Nitty Scott M.I.L.F. $

She wins because she can take (at least) several of his hits and he can only take one of hers, and he can't attack without putting his body at risk.

25. SsjAzn Poptart into the Sunset

Hancock wins with high difficulty

26. Heretic Active Member

Luffy should be stronger than her at this point IMO. I would expect him to win solidly, or perhaps with some stoned body parts.

27. Law Surgeon Moderator

Why "should" he? How do you justify that statement?

I think one of the reasons this section's power-levels are so fucked and all over the place is no one seems to look around at the generally-accepted power-levels and adapt a bit to them like they do in other sections. Some people only look at feats on paper, and don't understand what "portrayal" or "power-scaling" even means. Others just pick three or four characters to idolize and inflate their ability out of control.

Maybe it's Oda's style, and he leaves power-levels more ambiguous than other mangaka. That's probably a good thing for making a superior story...but it sure isn't conducive to agreeing on a universal tier list.

The One Piece Avenue agrees on their tier lists even less than the OBD does. And that's saying something.

The most commonly accepted spot for Hancock is High High Tier. Below Jozu and Vista, but above Kuma and Magellan.

The most commonly accepted spot for Luffy is the bottom of mid High tier.

The only way I can understand someone saying Luffy beats Hancock is if they don't believe that Hancock is as powerful as others say. Because if she is as strong as most believe she is, Luffy is not even close to beating her 1 on 1.

Not to mention it's a TERRIBLE match-up for him. He puts his limbs in danger every time he attacks, no matter what range he is. G3 is useless against her, just makes her slave arrows 100% accurate with such a big target. She should be able to handle G2 speed, and if he gets anywhere near her - every attack = crippling and destroying his fighting ability.

Not many high tiers can beat Hancock, period. But the ones who can, have to be as fast as Luffy, but also able to keep her away from their body-parts at all times. Or be so strong that as long as they have knowledge, they can overwhelm her (Jozu, for example). Her attacks are some of the most permanently dangerous in the entire manga. And the Amazons consider power to be beauty. So when even the Amazons who travel the world with her consider her to be the most beautiful woman in the world, she's obviously not just all DF and no actual skill and speed. We know she has CoC, we know she has CoA, we don't know if she has CoO, but considering the Amazons entire theme is haki - most think she does.

Hancock underestimation is much more rampant than her fanboying. Power-scaling and portrayal make her a monster. Feats are lacking, because if she'd been up against anyone of note and shown to be strong - they'd be dead. Her attacks aren't forgiving...there's no do-overs when fighting her. If we ever do see her in a real fight, it'll likely be against someone Admiral-Level who pwns the shit out of her, or she'll kill them outright.

28. Heretic Active Member

Are you serious at that second line? That's rather ridiculous seeing as Oda was willing to pair up so many WB commanders/allies against marine side fighters.

And I also find it ironic that you use tiers as part of your argument when you yourself have told others off for using tiers as their argument.

Anyway, to answer your first and main question, an enraged Hancock couldn't beat down or do any noticeable damage to pre-skip Smoker and I'd expect an enraged Luffy to relatively easily beat down Smoker. That's the most of what I'm basing her power off of given how few feats she has. I understand powerscaling, but her hype alone isn't enough for me to put he above Luffy.

Also, on what basis do you say she should be able to handle G2 speed? Is it just more hype? She has no speed feats as far as I remember. The fact that she can stone people is indeed a nice plus, but that can be countered with Haki, and as we saw with Smoker and Sentoumaru, she can't seem to stone relatively strong people all the time with her kicks.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  29. U mad bro Active Member

^This .Nothing of note really suggest she can beat Luffy, and nothing says she is weaker. Her biggest feat is casually soloing Pacifista. Luffy did that also so saying she wins is pure speculation. To be honest it is more reasonable to say Luffy wins until she actually gets feats.

30. Viper █▬█ █ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀

Ermm, you might wanna reread that scene. Hancock was enraged at the beginning yes, but then Luffy hugged her, causing her rage to disappear. She raged again but only to prevent Smoker from passing through, in which she successfully. Smoker had to go the other way and got his Jutte broken. If Hancock wanted to beat Smoker down, she would have done so very handily.

31. zoro_santoryu Strive to be the greatest!

If Bloodlusted, Hancock wins

Otherwise, she loses

32. Heretic Active Member

No, this is what I mean. She should have been able to beat down Smoker at that point in bold, not to only slow him down.

33. Viper █▬█ █ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀

But I don't see how that means she couldn't have.

34. Harard &#32

Nope, sorry. Luffy's not there yet.

35. Jak3 Member

I would say that Luffy would win this one.He has been shown to be faster then her and with full knowledge+speed+CoO haki he will be able to dodge her kicks which would turn him to stone.The arrows could be dodge with his speed and thats pretty much it for her.

36. Heretic Active Member

Because she failed to.

Such a compelling, deeply thought out argument you have there.

37. Law Surgeon Moderator

Sorry Furin, that's really as deep an argument as a person who reads the manga needs at this point.

38. Coruscation Active Member

"Luffy's not there yet" is probably the most worn-out, tired and cop-out phrase this forum currently wields to say Luffy loses to people.

39. Heretic Active Member

You can say that about anyone fighting just about anyone else really. "Franky can't beat Kuma because he's not at that level yet", etc. It doesn't really say anything, and its void of thought or reason.

40. Viper █▬█ █ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀

How did she fail when she never tried? :wha

41. Nitty Scott M.I.L.F. $

Reading comprehension isn't the OBD's strong suit, is it?

Hancock possesses perhaps the most unforgiving fighting style in the manga. That is, every single hit is permanent. All she needs to do is land one hit on on an opponent's skull, heart, etc. and it's game over. High and top tiers are typically endurance monsters and have lengthy fights because they keep getting up after getting hit. There's no "getting up" after taking a hit from Hancock.

Oda hasn't put her against an important character because that character would either be dead or severely crippled. It wouldn't be the lengthy and epic fight that we usually enjoy, it would either be them completely blitzing and overwhelming her or her kicking their face in.

The exact same reason that Luffy survived encounters with Mihawk, Kizaru, Aokiji and Akainu. Oda didn't want one of Luffy's main antagonists to be crippled. It's absolutely clear that she could have killed him if she'd wanted; she showed to be significantly faster than him twice and he was unable to defend against her attacks (other than with his jutte, but she broke that).

Power scaling should make this obvious.

You really ought to decide whether you're against baseless claims or not. Even if her attacks can be blocked with Haki, there's no way that Smoker's is strong enough to negate hers.

42. Donquixote Doflamingo Master Puppeteer

I believe he is referring to her enraged Haki kick doing nothing to him, and later on he was perfectly fine. So either he was able to outmaneuver her and run away, he kept fighting her until they just ended it, or for some reason she decicded not to kill the man that hurt her lover luffy.

43. Law Surgeon Moderator

She destroyed Smoker's jutte and moved on.

44. eyeknockout fear me, fodder

hancock takes both smoker and luffy at the same time (in a fight :LOS) high difficulty

hancock is just too good

45. Inferno .

Hancock rapes. Literally and metaphorically.

46. Raid3r2010 Champion Of The OP 5th TourneY

Hancock wank is as strong as expected.From what shown I'd say Hancock with high/very high difficulty at the very least.

Current Smoker and Luffy would demolish Hancock however.

47. Viper █▬█ █ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀

:wha we are talking about current Luffy. .

48. Nitty Scott M.I.L.F. $

This is the same guy that thinks Momonga could take Hancock, reading comprehension is not his strong suit.

49. zorokuma Active Member

....he said current smoker....he never said he wasnt talking about current luffy...mayb u guys should read better.....though I do agree that him thinking momonga would take Hancock is retarded...but thats for another thread.

50. White Active Member

Hancock takes this with absolute ease - it isn't even funny.