1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK
  2. Hey you

Yeah you!

Have you always wanted to impress Gordon Ramsey with your culinary skills?

Well you can't...

But you can impress the NF community by joining the Cooking Contest in the Bento Box!

And we promise we won't make you cry like him.
  3. Throwback Naruto : Hidden Village of Art has launched a new contest related to Naruto where Love and Spring is in the air, until next June 21.
    To know more click on the link: Spring Canon Pairings Drawing contest !!

Bleach Anime Ending Next Month

Discussion in 'Society TV' started by futurefrog, Feb 23, 2012.

1. futurefrog Banned

Here is the source.
    http://animeshinbun.com/news/947139/bleach-anime-ending-next-month

Bleach is ending with Fullbring arc and will not be returning or changing time slot.
    DVD sales are apparently been very low as of late and the series is not as profitable as it once was. This was sadly to be expected.

2. Alchemist73 Prince

Hmm, yes, this was sadly expected indeed. Hopefully it could be finished sometime in the future after the manga ends.

3. TGM Active Member

http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=799840

4. reiatsuflow Well-Known Member

I'm alright with it. I haven't been enjoying the anime much lately.

5. violentrl Active Member

Constant rating drops proves the lack of interest and the lack of interest represents the shittiness in quality.
    Sad but it's factual.

6. rac585 narusaku ftw

im sure it'll continue with the final arc once the manga is finished or nearly finished

doesn't bother me one bit, considering the alternative is filler

7. ZE E?E

Really sad news, I've been watching the anime for almost 6 years now and I can't belive it's ending, but I guess it's the right thing to do since it's rapidly losing ratings, tbh the anime just doesn't do it for me anymore, the manga hasn't really been interesting lately either

9. Halibel La Tres

10. The_Evil Hand of God

Kubo shoddy pacing finally killed the anime it seems.

They run out of people trying to invade Soul society, so they can't make another filler arc.

11. Khyle Sternritter "Ñ"

Sad day. I've been following the anime on a weekly basis since 2008, and it's the only anime I still follow (I ocasionally watch full -short- series, but only once they are over).

So yeah... I'm a bit depressed. On one hand this is certainly better than getting 3 filler episodes for every canon episode, but it still saddens me a lot. :cry

My tuesdays will not be the same now.

12. Evolution Beep Boo Bop

Sad, watching the anime every week became a routine for me.
    I hope I can manage the Bleach cravings every week with only the manga.
    Hopefully this break will make people realise how much they will miss Bleach and restart the series after 1 or 2 years.
    I think this would be an ok scenario.

13. Bluebeard Classy Gent

14. Dokiz1 _

About time. They can replace it by something much better. Such as that Rock Lee anime :maybe

15. reiatsuflow Well-Known Member

Does anybody think we might get another op just for the hell of it? Or is the anime going to end with the current op, which is arguably the worst.

They probably aren't going to air another one, huh. Sad face.

16. insane111 B̲a̲n̲n̲e̲d̲

The article didn't say that, it's unknown whether it will or not. I'd bet money they will do the final arc a few years down the line.

17. Santoryu way aye mate.

I'm obviously disappointed...since I've been following bleach for so long and wanted to see how it ended in anime form.

ANYWAY

What now ? It's so annoying when people claim the fullbring arc was great because "it was a nice change of pace"

Face reality, the fullbring arc was a disgrace.

People think FKT was the worst? Please, Fullbring arc makes FKT look amazing.

18. futurefrog Banned

FKT is one of the worst arcs in anime and manga history. But Fullbring arc was even worse.
    So many plot holes and poor developed characters that lack any real motivation for what they are even doing or why they are evil. The anime will end with many questions unanswered, I am sure the manga will end up doing the same.

19. Whirlpool Triumvir

Studio perriot or whatever is gonna be begging Kubo for the rights to make the anime again once The thousand year blood arc reigns supreme :gar

Studio guy: Come onnnnn! Let us make the anime

Kubo: Blow me :grimmy Just because half of the fanboys rejoined because the grimmBoss returned doesn't mean i gotta bow back down to you, fuck you, blow me first

Studio guy:....fine

Kubo: Be sure to get it all in there :datass

20. reiatsuflow Well-Known Member

Q. how bad is the fullbring arc?

A. it cancelled the anime

lol

21. Mad Ego Behind you!

LOL at people blaming this on the Fullbring anime

22. Mider T VM Rapist

That's unbelievable...one of the trinity adaptations ending early...its all those damn filler arcs!

23. reiatsuflow Well-Known Member

If the ratings were better, bleach would still be running. It has nothing to do with imminent fillers, since the previous filler season average better ratings than the fullbring season.

It's probably a bit of a joke since the ratings have been steadily declining for years and years, but it's still a good joke. And it's entirely possible. The fullbring arc just so happened to precede the final being announced in the manga and the anime, when previously there was no indication the series was at its end. Yet, after the fullbring arc- which has gotten universally 'negative' or 'less than' reactions, whether you are looking at ratings, sales, shonen jump poles, everything, suddenly the anime is over and the manga is over. It's pretty funny. Even if it's just speculation.

24. Mad Ego Behind you!

then again the Manga Fullbring arc had bad numbers too, and you dont see the manga being cancelled

In fatc I was not even aware the anime had bad ratings

25. James Bit of a nut.

If they bring back Bleach in the future, I hope they still have Shiro Sagisu on the music.

That's often one of the big issues when they return to a series for another adaption. They think it has to be fresh, or they can't get the same staff back. When a composer is changed, it changes the feeling of a show completely.

Ippo: New Challenger's biggest flaw is that the music sucks like 50% of the time. I hear people saying that Hunter X Hunter's new anime sucks because of the music. Naruto Shippuden has some good tracks, but never quite the awesome diversity of the first show's killer soundtrack. Hellsing's OVA series...well I haven't seen all the eps, but the early ones felt weak musically.

FMA is one of the few series where I've been completely happy with a different composer coming in for the second series. It made sense anyway as following the manga properly (mostly) would definitely set a different tone.

If they go back to Bleach down the line, it makes sense to just FINISH it rather than do a new adaption, so consistency would be nice.

26. neshru Active Member

27. reiatsuflow Well-Known Member

If we were talking about a hiatus, no. But there will likely be no announcement of bleach's return, because there are no certain plans for it, because anime broadcasting doesn't seem kind to 'hiatus' plans. Their schedule seems pretty cut throat.

It's a ratings game. Bleach fillers don't necessarily have worse ratings than canon. In fact, on a comparison to comparison basis, the last two filler arcs have improved over canonical ratings (although the last filler arc only 'just').

It's a low ratings game, and anime broadcasting in japan seems pretty unkind and inflexible for shows to just go on 'hiatus'. They are effectively cancelling bleach, and they wouldn't cancel a long running show unless the ratings were poor.

There's something strange - I checked out some other anime websites who reported this info, and animenewsnetwork, for example, only states that bleach is officially done in the 6 PM timeslot. They don't say it's off the air. A little confused now.

28. neshru Active Member

If they're putting the series on hold, I think it's too early for them to tell when it will come back. They probably don't know either, but that doesn't mean the series is getting cancelled.

29. reiatsuflow Well-Known Member

I wasn't aware anime broadcasts in japan were that lenient. If that's true, it's great, because it lets the anime take a break and come back swinging for the finale. I just don't know any comparisons. It seems like anime shows have to be extremely popular to come back, and even bleach's popularity and studio doesn't give it the cred to just be able to return to the schedule whenever they want. It seems like shows always run a risk of not coming back when they stop airing.

I also want to underline that bleach is no closer to the manga right now than it was last time. When the anime adapted ichigo beating aizen way back when, it was 'this' close to the manga and the fullbring arc had 'just' begun. Maybe the model didn't work out for them in the end, but the studio is no farther behind content-wise now than then.

30. futurefrog Banned

The anime had bad ratings, poor DVD/BD sales, rapidly declining popularity in Japan and was ultimately causing TV Tokyo and Studio Pierrot to lose more money than Bleach was making them.