1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK
  2. Hey you

Yeah you!

Have you always wanted to impress Gordon Ramsey with your culinary skills?

Well you can't...

But you can impress the NF community by joining the Cooking Contest in the Bento Box!

And we promise we won't make you cry like him.
  3. Throwback Naruto : Hidden Village of Art has launched a new contest related to Naruto where Love and Spring is in the air, until next June 21.
    To know more click on the link: Spring Canon Pairings Drawing contest !!
  4. The latest NF Newsletter is out (June), read it here

Black Clover by Yuki Tabata (Weekly Shonen Jump)

Discussion in 'Akihabara Library' started by Rica_Patin, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Donquixote Doflamingo Master Puppeteer

That's nice. I don't particularly care what you are, i call everyone Bro.

2. RemChu Dark★

-subs- been reading this, was on the chapter where they arrive at the water temple,
    seems like a weird naruto/FT rip, kinda generic but I like certain aspects of it and the combat is aight.

5/10 so far

edit: wow guess the consensus is in, started to read the other replies in the thread....

yeah it is pretty uninspired. Only checked this out because of a comment on mangastream that went like, "you should scanBlack Clover, it's really good!" -sigh-

Last edited: May 15, 2016
  3. Tayimus Number One

Yeah, that person that said it's really good...needs to read more manga. While I won't say the manga is bad (I used to say it was horrendous, though), it definitely isn't "really good". It's worth a couple chuckles when you just wanna turn your brain off while reading. I get some enjoyment out of it, but I don't recommend.

4. Dragonus Nesha Le Rouquin Super Moderator

Calm your tits. We get you don't like the series. No need to jump off the deep end over every little thing.

Gauche uses イチャイチャ "icha icha," like the book series from Naruto. From what I understand, the term covers a range of activities, but considering his and Marie's relationship, it's not actually sexual in nature.

5. Jouninja Active Member

I think it's good, even as a serious story. But are you saying that it might actually be a subtle parody?

Asta's got a really good design and weapon, really memorable, you gotta admit he makes for a great shonen protagonist. Noelle also makes for an incredible female lead. Yami, their leader, is really awesome.

6. Rica_Patin True Patrician

1. No. Not even remotely good as a serious story.
    2. No. Tabata is just such a bad writer that most of it feels like it could have been ripped out of a parody.
    3. Asta's weapon is cool, his design is ridiculously generic albeit a bit charming. However he does not at all make for a great shonen protaganist. He is one of the biggest reasons why this series is basically parodical. He has no depth, and just tries to be like every other shonen protagonist of his type with nothing that makes him unique.
    4. Noelle would be an interesting character if handled by a better writer.
    5. Why is he so awesome?

7. Tayimus Number One

8. Jouninja Active Member

I see what your saying, as for #5, have you seen the part when he fought the leader{or apparently second in command} of the villains? He's got a lot of "swag" if that is the right term.

Another point, the art for the series is really great, I wish more manga used this paticular style, it's not for all stories, but for fantasy action and medival stories, this style really revels in it.

9. Rica_Patin True Patrician

It's not effortlessly cool. It's clearly trying to be cool and feels forced.
    The art and panelwork for the series are pretty neat though. The only highlight of the manga.
    The amount of samefacing is pretty ridiculous though.

10. Jouninja Active Member

Ah, so you feel that there isn't enough facial expression to convey the emotions in the scenes? Hmmm, even though I am not the author, I am guilty of samefacing, so I will use this info for myself to improve my own manga stories{although I accidentally put emotions into a latest work I was doing for fun, but didn't understand what I did that felt like an improvement, now I realize why, lol}.

11. Dragonus Nesha Le Rouquin Super Moderator

63 Korean (http://www.yuncomics.com/archives/1689517)
    Translation:
    Spoiler:

Sekke: This has to be a lie... After being suddenly attacked, the beach's sands turned instantly into hell. That kind of thing.. isn't human.. it's just... a beast..!! We even had plenty of greater magicians. With the fresh arrival of magic knights.. 50 people went at it.. only to be beaten by one person..!! Just exactly what are the magic knights we trusted in..!
    Magna: What did that Macho suddenly say..
    Luck: That shark man was crushed.. my prey...(But what I now know...is this bastard's magic power is above Captain Yami)
    Shark priest: To overcome the seas' torrent... and to even successfully invade here... that's some amazing magic power.
    Beto: Hmm so you can still move..
    Shark priest: You don't look like a magic knight.. what business do you have here at the underwater temple?
    Beto: My objective is the same as those guys.. the magic stone.. I don't think you'll just give it up.. So I'll show everyone here a taste of despair by crushing you all, and then taking it away. You guys split up and spread some despair!
    3 WNDE members: Yes!
    Shark priest: You all suddenly appeared, but you all are such disrespectful guests~ Can you listen to my favor and just leave?
    Beto: Hey you. If you want that to happen, then try to block my fully powered magic.
    Shark priest: Hmmm, seems like you're completely looking down on me. I am still the strongest in this underwater temple~
    Beto: Enough talk, talk with your magic!
    Shark priest: Then so be it. Water magic: Neptune's hammer.
    Magna/Luck: ooooh!
    Beto: Beast magic: Rhinoceros Armor
    Shark priest: It didn't have any effect at all.
    Beto: That was a decent magic. I'll give you a prize. (Beast Magic: Cheetah Charge) A prize in the name of despair! Beast Magic: Bear Claw.
    Magna/Luck: What? !!
    Beto: Did you fully enjoy it? The gap between my overwhelming magic? I can't tolerate you all having even a speck of hope..!

High priest: Impossible! Even the temple's strongest Gio... even he was taken care of so easily.. (I've never seen such a strong one..)
    Yami: Look elder, the game ends now. Send me in right now.
    High priest: For you to even say that... just who is that man..!?
    Yami: He's a high ranking member of a dangerous terror group. Time is of the essence so hurry up!
    High priest: I'm sorry, but that's impossible! Until the game ends, we can't leave this place! Even releasing magic.. That's my magic's rule!
    Yami: Ah is that so. Then I'll force my way out. Darkness Magic: Avidya Slash.
    High priest: What is this!!?
    Yami: (This is spatial magic.)
    WNDE member: Anyone who's trapped in my spatial magic.. can never escape no matter who it is..! (Spatial Magic: Two dimensional Sphere.)
    Beto: Foreign sword is watching.. The mana is telling me that you're here.. For now, just stay up there and watch. You're my main dish. The you, who will be full of despair once I've killed off all your comrades!
    High priest: If that guy gets outside.. then it will be the end for the temple!
    Yami: Elder, would I be able to talk to the other side?
    High priest: Hm? Ah. well yes you can... but what?
    Yami's announcement: Ah Mike test. (Gray: Ah it's the captain) Hey you idiots open up your ears and listen carefully- (Vanessa: Captain~ I beat one of them~) As of right now there's a dangerous intruder that's in the game. That bastard is a high ranking member of WNDE. He has powers above that of a magic knight captain. He's a brutal savage. (Gauche/Asta: Is it that guy?) Also he has 2 followers heading your way. But I have some circumstances that prevents me from going your way- So you all take care of this in some way. (Finral: EEH, what circumstances? What kind of deterrence) Do you get it? All of you, right now, pass one of your limits. If you die, you'll get it. That is all-
    Finral: Again with the stupid speech...
    High priest: Hwahwahwa to think it'll become a heart-pounding game like this... the fate of the underwater temple is on the line! damn it...!
    High priest's announcement: The game has changed! There is no time limit! To clear the game, you must defeat the WNDE team! Anybody who contributes to the clear, upon the high priest's authority will be granted one wish, to the extent that it's possible.
    Asta: (It's the bastard with the ridiculous magic power from that time.. gulp) Damn it~.. Even though it' scary... well that's why this fight will have some value to it..!
    Kiato: We'll have this match later Asta.
    Asta: Kiato.. OK let's go!
    Kiato: Alright!
    Beto: Then who will be my next prey?
    Luck/Magna: It's not over.
    Magna: Who do you think you are trying to go somewhere... After hearing Yami say those kinds of words... there's no way I can fall back and be useless. On top of that...
    Magna: This body will not..
    Luck: I will not..
    Magna/Luck: stop right now!!
    Beto: Prey that don't know when to give up.. I'm looking forward to when they face total despair...

Sooo goood

12. Tayimus Number One

I just read Chapters 61 (which I actually thought I had finished reading but didn't) and 62. It's funny that sometimes I forget to check up on this manga. Then, I'll randomly see the title somewhere and go "Oh yeah, that exists". :catskully

Anyway, I'm quirking my eyebrows at Noelle somehow blocking Kahono's song magic even though sound travels faster--easier--in water. :lmao

13. Rica_Patin True Patrician

I really hope that when Black Clover eventually ends, Tabata will have a new serialization paired with a writer and him [Tabata] as the illustrator only.

14. Dragonus Nesha Le Rouquin Super Moderator

Chapter 63 (https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/black_clover/en/0/63/page/1)
    Meh, defensive magic blocking. It also stops the effects of Kahono's lullaby despite Noelle still being able to hear Kahono.

Is Nest a shell of water or a sphere like Cradle?

15. Quuon eh

65 is out (https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/black_clover/en/0/65/page/1)

Sabretooth aint fucking around man.

16. God Qayamat ke din ka malik

Black Clover starring Natsu wielding the Dragonslayer :wow

17. MysticBlade The one and only truth

Never got the gist of it, was it Noel's power he used?

Also, I've been trying to figure out what direction clover is going in as a series n it's pretty difficult compared to other newer series like bha.

Comedy is on point also, you got to give it that though.

18. Dragonus Nesha Le Rouquin Super Moderator

Chapter 66 (https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/black_clover/en/0/66/page/1)

Was not expecting Gray to look like that...
    It can absorb an ally's magic and then release it.

19. Dragonus Nesha Le Rouquin Super Moderator

Chapter 68 (https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/black_clover/en/0/68/page/1)

Spoiler:
    Noelle has an epic showing.

Demon Magic, eh?
    Do Vetto, Liar, and Fana have demons which give them a third eye?

20. Tayimus Number One

MAN! I was really fucking entertained by this battle!

21. luffy no haki Stronger than all

So after skippinga ton of chapters I came back to it sicn ei hear a good fight wa sgoing on which is the point I jumped staright towards, and I like the fight but why did he go full retard and allowed his body to get stuck with a sword capable of nullifying magic whne he knew it from the beginning?:geg

22. Tayimus Number One

Pfft, dude, I asked myself that same question. Even worse, why did he leave the sword in for an extended amount of time? Worst of all, why didn't he ignore Aster in the first place and go for Finral or Vanessa in order to disrupt their formation? Overconfidence?

Lol just turn your common sense off, that's what I did so I could enjoy the fight. :skully

23. Rica_Patin True Patrician

Because Tabata is a hack who can't write.
    If you're going to ask questions, then you're reading this manga wrong.
    Just sit back, and be baffled by Tabata's sheer incompetency.
    Read this like one would watch The Room, or Mortal Kombat: Annihilation.

24. luffy no haki Stronger than all

Guess I will read all the chapters I skipped but gotta do the same I do with bleach and Fairy Tail then, huh? Turn off my brain an djust enjoy whatever can be enjoyed.

25. Rica_Patin True Patrician

I don't think anything can really be enjoyed unironically, other than the art and panelwork.
    Reading it ironically though, this manga is a goldmine in the writing department.

26. Rica_Patin True Patrician

Black Clover was awarded "Worst Manga for Anyone, Any Age" at Comic Con international.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...-2016-results-comic-con-international/.104673 (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-07-25/best-and-worst-manga-of-2016-results-comic-con-international/.104673)

27. Tayimus Number One

Oh man, that's hilarious. However, to be clear, it doesn't matter what American people say. Otherwise, Psyren would still be serialized. Japanese Jump readers say BC is a Top 5 manga, that's what matters.

28. Tayimus Number One

Oh, I was pointing out the sense in having an award for worst manga in the first place, @Rica_Patin. It wasn't directed to you.

29. Donquixote Doflamingo Master Puppeteer

Thats a little harsh its not that bad. Fairy tail and bleach are a lot worse IMO

30. Tayimus Number One

They also have Bleach as "Under-rated But Great". Get the fuck outta here with that bullshit.