1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Discussion for the forum medals contest is happening here. Please drop in and give your input.

Best and Worst Pairings?

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki Archives' started by Lilica, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Lilica Member

Who are the best and wroste Naruto Pairngs?

ok everyone (almost) has a favourite and least fav pairings in Naruto.
    i will start of:

Favourite(s):
    InoxSasuke --- Really cute :amuse
    InoxShikamaru ---- same thing really cute! besides they are on the same team and are always together
    NejixHinata --- i love this pairing :laugh they are no incest!

Least Favourite(s):
    InoxChouji --- ughhh its so wrong! to me anyway i just cant see them as a couple. i mean Ino just cares for him as a friend and team-mate, vise-versa. thats all!
    ShikamaruxTemari --- ahh! i hate this couple! mainly because i suppose i hate Temari and i support inoxShikamaru. :notrust
    SakuraxSasuke --- the wroste of the wroste. i hate Sakura with all the "sasuke-kun, sasuke-kun!!" :yell
    NejixTenTen - i dont hate them that much they just dont fit with me.

so thats mine smile-big

2. vanh whatever

Best:
    ShikaTema :best of th best lol :woo i like both of them
    NejiTenTen : this pairing is ok
    Naruto Hinata :fine

Worst :
    SasukeXSakura :worst of the worst, i hate both of them :box

3. Ernel32.dll I also sell raspberries Advisor

Best:

TemaShika
    LeeGaa
    OroKabu
    SasoDei
    ZetDei
    AsuKure
    ItaKisa
    ItaSasu (yeah you got that part right)
    ShikaChou

Worst:

SasuSaku
    ShikaIno

In Between:

NaruHina
    NaruSaku
    SasuNaru
    InoSaku
    GaaNaru
    NejiHina
    ShinoKiba

Last edited: Dec 27, 2005
  4. G. Hawke The one who left

Bleh,
    I only actually like 2 pairings.

1) TemaShika (Fave, easily)
    2) NaruHina

But of we are actually talking about what pairing would be good in the context of the storyline then i have also 2 faves.

1) NejiHina
    2) SasuSaku

I could write a long ass essay as to why i think so but bleh, i am lazy. :oh

5. Crush! Banned

Best:
    SasuSaku

Worst:
    NaruSaku
    NaruAnyone

6. Mizura Meh Advisor

Favourites:

NejiHina: the two with the most complicated relationship in the whole story (save for Naruto and Sasuke), the most understanding I believe because of that, and together they can change the Hyuuga clan, Neji with strength, Hinata with the kindness and human aspect that's been missing for far too long in the Hyuuga clan. In the meantime, not all cultures consider cousin relationships incest (I certainly don't, never even thought about it until I heard people complaining about it), and saying that cousins automatically have deformed babies is as accurate as saying that being gay automatically gives you Aids. So if you hate this pairing for Those reasons, please get you priorities straight. The fact that there are kids happily murdering each other in this series should be of higher concern. :oh Besides, I don't think it'd happen anyway, I just see much potential and very deep bonds for it (that Kishimoto probably will keep them at sibling-like bonds. Ah well).

NaruSaku: pairing with the most gradual development in the series. Post-timeskip, I won't give anything away but they obviously get along well in everyday life. In the meantime, the only reason Sakura has rejected Naruto all this time is because she misunderstood him. The more she came to understand him, the closer she became to him (if only as a friend), until post-timeskip where she actually vows to save him. Naruto? He explained why he liked Sakura way back in chapter 3: when Sakura said she'd do anything to get acknowledged. In short, they're actually alike, and since then they've grown stronger bonds through the trials they've gone through together.

OroKabu: wait, I just think it's funny. >.>;; Come on, Kabuto said "You can always use my body" to Orochimaru. X'D

LeeHina: (um, just for the crack aspect). But seriously, Lee is Naruto's inspirational force, minus the excessively brash aspect (Lee is actually a gentleman, so would be nice to her instead of ignoring her). They'd form the ultimate pairing of Youth! That and Neji and Hiashi's head would explode. XP

In between:

ShikaTema: Well we all know the common arguments for it, and the fact that it's well... canon, but until I see more development for it and explanations beyond "because Shikamaru thinks she's scary!", I'll be neutral on it.

ShikaIno: It actually shows more possibilities of deeper ties than ShikaTema because they've been together this long, but ah well. Not canon.

NaruIno: after NaruSaku, the possibly best Naruto pairing imo. Ino seems to have the type of strong mind to shrug off all possible criticism people would give her because of Naruto, and Naruto would probably appreciate that. She also has the loud outgoing personality that would allow her to keep up with Naruto's antics.

ChouIno: Actually, it's because of my fandom interpretation of it. The way I see it, Ino is the most "kunoichi-like" person out of the girls, and kunoichis have to go on undercover and assassination missions. Ino would have to constantly wear a mask and be someone different than she is really. And Chouji, with his open and kind honesty and ability to not mind the superficial, could be like a breath of relief for her. In my personal non-canon interpretation of this pairing, anyway. =P

LeeTen: Lee is the only character development Tenten has ever got... The. Only. One. In the beginning she was looking down at him (as opposed to oh... helping him up), and spitting on his dreams with "Give up Lee. Of course you can't beat Neji! Because unlike you, Neji's a genius." Oh yey. Right where it hurts most. Then in the forest of death, even Sakura showed more respect to Lee than Tenten: Sakura smiled when Lee promised to come back stronger, while Tenten looked... annoyed. =\ In short she doesn't seem to be a believer in hard work to surpass your limits and dreams. The databook actually stated "fortune-telling" as her hobby, so it seems she had practically the same narrow outlook on life as Neji did. So that character development? Pre-timeskip, right before the end of part 1: Tenten finally showed that she acknowledged Lee in one way or another (by well... just smiling). Which more importantly means: acknowledging his nindo. She could use having some of Lee's nindo attitude rub off her.

Least favourites:

NejiTen. Imo, the most shallow pairing ever, even worse on the human aspect than SasuSaku. At least Sakura truly did try to help Sasuke, even at the expense of her own happiness. Tenten though, is the ONLY one who has never done anything for Neji. Neji needed to be proved wrong in order to break free of the cages that binded him, the dual situation of him being a genius and the fact that he seems forever limited is what made him so spiteful. Lee and Hinata both tried to prove him wrong, Gai tried to talk some sense into him, Hizashi, through Hiashi, showed him that his cages need not hold him down, Genma told him as much as well, and it all ended with Naruto managing to prove him wrong. I think as a result, he took all these people as an example, striving to just like them, push at his barriers and believing in something higher. In the meantime, what did Tenten do? Act like a groupie, go on and on about him being a genius, and forever failing to see that Neji's actually suffering because of his status underneath it all, when even Lee and Gai knew that Something was wrong while Hinata saw through his mask of indifference (when she said "you're wrong" and said that Neji was the one suffering, it was also the part about "letting go to not suffer anymore": she could see that even though Neji pretended to be indifferent and resigned, he was actually struggling, a clarity of vision that made Neji lose his cool) even when she was half dead and Naruto saw even more to it. In the chuunin exams, Tenten completely shrugged off Neji's story (even random chuunins showed more reaction...) and just cared about whether Neji wins or not. Now Tenten could have been the one to change Neji, but because her own eyes weren't that much better, she's lost that opportunity: Neji's now way ahead of her. Maybe Neji can do something for Her but he's too spartan-like in attitude to bother going out of his way to inspire people. I also don't think their personalities are compatible: Neji is said by the databook to be "spartan-like", completely ignoring things that are of no concern to him, while Tenten is said to be a "busybody" and a "research enthusiast" so would probably bore him with things he has no interest in... (a small example being when she interrupted his training when Tsunade came back, small example really but still). She'd also make the lousiest training partner ever (since I heard this excuse somewhere): she tires out the most quickly, she seems to rest a lot (both her covers show her resting, while Lee was training she wasn't doing anything, admittedly she might have been training before but she seemed neither out of breath or having a single smudge on her, right before the final phase of the chuunin exams, she was exhausted after throwing kunais at him while Neji was fine, Lee commented post-timeskip that she lacked discipline or didn't train enough, when Lee even called Ino and Sakura strong during the chuunin exams so wouldn't be so harsh if Tenten truly gave it her all, and she was the first to complain about being tired (Neji seemed to totally ignore her then by the way, with Lee replying first, but it's not sure since they were interrupted)), and all in all, there must have been a reason Neji decided to train alone after the chuunin exams. Neji also doesn't give off a lot of encouragements or the likes while training, just curt comments (he even ignored Tenten's compliment right before the final chuunin test) or staying silent, so imo wouldn't even inspire Tenten to do better, while Lee on the contrary would. Finally, their combined social attitude doesn't speak much to me. Pre-timeskip = arrogant people unite to make fun of the underdogs (yey), post-timeskip = whiners unite. Bah.

SasuSaku: I don't mind this pairing that much anymore actually, because Sakura won't revert back to being a dumb fangirl, plus she's possibly the only one right now who might help him slowly heal from his emotional scars (besides Naruto). But I don't see how Sasuke can return the favour emotionally.

NaruHina: Oy, Hinata's crush on Naruto and her taking him as an example are two seperate aspects of her character development imo. Gaara, Neji, Tsunade and even Sakura all took Naruto as an example and progressed as well. Hinata's crush makes her look dumb. =\ Also, I think getting with Naruto would kill the only thing that makes her stand out from the other girls in terms of personality: she's the only quiet one. Naruto is naturally loud, I realized this in part 2. So either Hinata would have to become as hyperactive to keep up with him, or she'd just stay in the corner while Naruto goes off doing whatever it is he does. I'd rather have Hinata become the quiet but mature and strong-willed one instead, with time...

7. Chi <BLINK><span style="color:#ff0000; text-decoration

Best? Probably TenTen x Gaara.. Or Shizune x Konohamaru..
    Hinata x Kankurou is also good..

Worst is probably Naruto x Kankurou, or Kabuto x Asuma..

:oh

Edit: Wow Mizura.. Some great explanations there, but I still can't see Hina x Neji relations to be more than brother sister.. I mean.. When i think of them, I try to put me and my cousin in their places, and that just ....

8. Kin I ARE BACK.

Best...
    Shika/Ino
    Sasuke/Ino

Only 2? o_o;

Least..
    Gaara/Hinata
    Chouji/Ino

I believe?

9. Mizura Meh Advisor

Hahah, the main essay is in the first page of the Hyuugacest fanclub. :amuse The thing is, I don't consider cousin relationships to be incest, so I never saw it as icky at all. I can understand though if someone else feels uncomfortable about the pairing because of their own cultural views, or dislikes the pairing for other reasons.

Though it really annoys me [/understatement] when people go "Eww incest, you people are disgusting and morally corrupt and should burn in hell" (<- all things actually said by flamers, quite often in fact) and Geez, as I said, you don't have to like it, but if you want to complain about morality, go complain about juvenile delinquency and child abuse instead, won't you? =_=

Actually, Kankurou x Tenten could be interesting because they both work with tools.

I really wish LeeHina stood a chance sometimes. =\ At least it wouldn't get flamed all the time. Right now everytime I see someone new posting at the Hyuugacest fanclub, I have to wonder if it's a new member or a flamer first. Bah.

Don't know about Naruto x Kankurou, but judging from the number of sites on Narusearch, it seems that Naruto x Shikamaru is more popular than all het pairings save SasuSaku (that means, yes: more than NaruSaku, NaruHina, ShikaTema and ShikaIno...). Don't ask me how. I have no idea.

As for Kabuto x Genma: I don't know about that either but one day while hunting for Japanese fanarts, I came across a Genma x Neji site... with questionable content too at times >.> .

10. Judgement Member

Best:
    SasuIno
    NaruSaku
    KibaHina
    SasuAnko

Worst:
    SasuSaku
    NejiTen
    NaruHina

11. crystal-kay Leo's Lover, Haru

Best:
    NejiHina
    ShikaTem
    LeeSaku

Worst:
    SasuSaku - It irritates me! "Sasuke-kun, Sasuke-kun, Sasuke-kun!" Even Ino didn't keep at it.
    NaruSaku

In Between:
    KibaHina
    NaruHina

12. Chi <BLINK><span style="color:#ff0000; text-decoration

Well.. It's not like i consider it incest, or somthn.. Not even i care about other people's opinion in my country on this matter..
    It's just i have special relationship with my cousin.. And it's friends relationship.. I mean.. I can't imagine her as my wife or GF.. Because i have different feelings for her.. Not love..
    I don't know how to explain it really..

And when i think about Hina x Neji, first thing that comes in my mind is that they are cousins. And since only cousins relations that i know close enough are my own, I apply my feelings to their relations. And it ends bad..

13. Alia_Atreides Mew...

Favorite:
    - ShikaTem: I love the idea of this lazy boy with this resolute girl. He will help Temari to relax, and she will show Shikamaru that girls are nor so bad at all...
    - KakaRin: I still hope Kakashi can find love in his life, and it must be with the sweet Rin... First love, eternal love.
    - SakuLee: He has such a good heart... And so does Sakura. If only she could forget dreadful Sasuke!

Worst:
    - SakuSasu: He so doesnt desearve it!

14. Renegade Raine Queen of GrimmHime

Warning: I am REAAAAAAAALY into crack pairings. :D

Best:
    SasuSaku - One of the two non-crack pairings I'm into, because I also like angsty relationships. Makes it more interesting, in my opinion. You'd rarely see a relationship like that work in the real world, which is why I like seeing that kind in fiction more than non-angsty pairs. It's been fun seeing Sakura evolve from the Sasuke fangirl to someone who genuinely cares about him. And although most people say that there's absolutely NO WAY that Sasuke will return her feelings, there have been hints (it's late, so I won't list them now, but if I see enough SasuSaku hatred, I will list them later). It's gonna be a long battle uphill when the two meet again, but that's what makes it all the more captivating.

TemaShika: Shikamaru is my overall favorite character and Temari is my favorite female character. So it's natural that I'd want them to end up together! But beyond that point, I think that the two balance each other out well.

KankuTen: IT'S CRACKTASTIC~! Neither have a last name, both use some sort of string, they both rely on weapons of some sort, they're usually out of the spotlight, and everytime Kankurou would try to be an asshole to her, she'd whip his ass in line!

GaaHina: Gaara is a loner who has troubles socially (or at least he used to, not so sure now). Hinata is a sweet little woman who might be able to show our cute little Gaara how to love. Damn, just thinking about it almost gets my eyes misty.

OroTsu - Most people pair Tsunade up with Jiraiya (or Naruto -_-... ), but if you think about it, there are a couple of hints of OroTsu. Orochimaru and Tsunade were the two to get the bells in the exercise, correct? That could either mean that they were just simply the two strongest then...or they somehow worked together. And it might just been me, but when she chose not to heal his hands and also when she protected Naruto against him, Orochimaru seemed a bit hurt. But it could be my overly active imagination (I wasn't voted Most Imaginative in school for nothing!).

NaruAya - Naruto likes ramen. Ayame MAKES ramen. End of story.

KimiTayu - Angstiness to the max here, and I rather like the idea of a Sound nin romance. :D

NejIno - Another cracktastic pairing~! Imagine the exchanges between the two! Ino seems to anger easily and Neji talks too damned much (don't get me wrong, I like both characters). But Ino is feminine enough to make a good wife, but has enough balls to pull him away from the crowd if he gets in one of those long angsty talks again. And they'd have beautiful children who can control people's bodies AND see their chakra points. Heck yes!

ItaSaku - Hey, if she can't get with Sasuke, get with his brother! They greatly contrast with each other in personality and has all the potential of a beautiful angsty relationship if they ever got together. And just imagine, if Sasuke turned evil (with no going back), this would drive him even more insane (since according to the databook, Sakura was the one person who filled his loneliness). But I like SasuSaku better.

Worst:
    NaruSaku: I dunno, I just don't feel any kind of spark. Plus they have too good of a friendship to be ruined by a relationship. I fully support them as best friends, but hate them as lovers.

Yaoi pairngs

ShikaIno: They have to keep the ShikaInoChou formation in future generations...this would ruin it! ;_;

ChouIno: Same as above, although I like the coupling better than ShikaIno.

Sandcest - Come on, they're brothers and sister!

NejTen - Too bland for my tastes

Neutral:
    LeeSaku - I like it, but to be shallow, they don't look very good together.
    SaiSaku - Has the potential to be cute, but I like SasuSaku and ItaSaku better.
    NaruHina - I suppose the contrasting of the personalities could be interesting, but I think Naruto is too clueless for Hinata.
    LeeTen - They're alright, I suppose, but make better friends.

15. FitzChivalry Person of Internet Advisor

Are we talking our personal favorites, or the best canon/fandom relationships?

Canon:
    Temari x Shikamaru
    Naruto x Sakura
    Sasuke x Sakura

Fandom:
    Everything else.:oh

16. Mizura Meh Advisor

Lol! I see. That's fine, it's all personal opinion. XD

It's not Too different I guess from guys who don't like yaoi, not because they are fundamentally against it, but because they just can't imagine themselves with a guy. It happens.

Speaking of yaoi, NaruSasu (Sasuke doesn't deserve to be seme >.>) is the most developed relationship in the series I'd guess. I'm not into yaoi myself, so it's hard for me to get a "feel" for it.

I like GaaLee, at least in friendship, though (never thought further than friendship >.>;; ). They went from enemies to friends of sorts, Lee is rather understanding in the end and Gaara could use a good friend.

17. mr_yenz Lavender Raine

WARNING: I am a crack writer, and like the most weirdest crack pairings out there. You have been warned. But at least I have some 'normal' pairings I like...

Best (crack)

KakaHina - Yes, I like it. And yes, I write it. Head over to the fanfiction section if you want links. And I can give you links of other people who write it too. :p

KakaShizu - ...

Spoiler: Shounen-ai/Yaoi pairings
    KakaNaru - ...fanfiction and art make it so adorable!
    ItaKaka - fanfiction have a nice chemistry to it
    SasuIru - hah!
    KakaNeji - ... o_O

Best (normal):

NaruSaku - ...I just like it. And it has a nice feeling to it as well.

NaruIno - what Meh said

IruAnko - Yarr~! It's crazy yet it works.

Worst (all)
    KakaIru - they have BARELY communicated at all, and their only connection is through Naruto. Someone please tell me why people love this pairing, other than 'OMG they're soo hot together and it's SMEXEH!!' I feel like puking...

SasuNaru/NaruSasu - ...No thanks, it's not my cup of tea.

SasuSaku - "OMG, OMG Sasuke-kun!!!" ...just stupid fangirling gone to waste... Sakura should become a cheerleader instead.

NaruHina - Hello, there is a difference between admiring someone and having a crush on them. Hinata has always ADMIRED Naruto, NOT crushing. I won't say anything else, or I'll just rant on and on about how much I HATE this pairing.

ItaSasu - just... NO.

Other pairings: I either can't be bothered to list them, or I am just neutral on them. Like Sasuke/anyone now. :)

Last edited: May 7, 2006
  18. Lullaby my greatest treasure

The one in Italics are my favourites.

The best

Sasuke x Sakura - The best. ^-^
    Obito x Rin
    Sasuke x Naruto
    Naruto x Hinata
    Naruto x Sakura
    Shikamaru x Ino
    Neji x Tenten
    Neji x Hinata

Okay... practically all of the above
    are my favourites. XDD

In between

Shikamaru x Temari
    Sai x Sakura
    Sai x Naruto
    Gaara x Naruto
    Kiba x Hinata

Worst

Chouji x Ino
    Lee x Tenten
    Gaara x Hinata

Best Crack Pairing

Itachi x Sakura
    Itachi x Naruto
    Kakashi x Sakura
    Sasuke x Ino
    Sasuke x Hinata
    Sasuke x Sakura x Naruto
    Hinata x Naruto x Sakura
    Kiba x Naruto
    Shikamaru x Naruto
    Shikamaru x Sakura
    Sasori x Sakura
    Ino x Sakura
    Sakura x Gaara
    Sakura x Hinata

I'll errm stop with the crack pairings. :laugh

Hated crack pairing

Itachi x Sasuke

19. Tenzou Taicho

Orochimaru & Michael Jackson X Hinata

20. Kellogem Well-Known Member

best:
    InoXNaruto
    InoXNeji
    TemariXShikamaru
    HinataXKidoumaru (why not ?!)
    HinataXLee
    HinataXGaara

worst
    random guyXrandom guy
    SakuraXSasuke
    InoXChouji
    MoegiXSasori (teh sickness...)

21. still waters Member

Arf, let us be shallow.

I'm more of a genfic fan, really, and when I read a romance, I don't care much for the pairing as long as the fic's well written. :shifty That said, I'm somewhat less eager to read about relationships between Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke, since their links have been stated, rehashed, and hammered into us way too much by the damn canon to want more of the same in fanon.

Conversely, I've got a soft spot for Hinata/Naruto/Neji and all variations thereof, direct offspring of my love for the fucked up politics in the Hyƫga clan.

Plus, I dig Ino/Sakura, Lee/Sakura and Gaara/Naruto, because of how cute those are together. And Kiba and Temari stay hot with everybody. Hey, pairing preference is a shallow topic.

22. Alia_Atreides Mew...

I have posted my favorites already, but I must add, since many of you guys are posting crack pairing, that

KakaSaku is my favorite. But, unfortunally, is not going to happen, is it?

23. happybunnyno1 Member

best
    narusaku
    kibahina
    sasunaru: not going to happen, but i like it.
    sasodei
    worst
    sasusaku
    naruhina

24. makeoutparadise I will have my revenge

OchiNaru:ewww!
    Kiba+Hinata:mmmmmm

25. Jazz Amito New Member

Mech, current favorites:

ShikaSaku
    ShinoSaku
    KankSaku

Current least favorites:

SasuSaku
    InoShika
    InoNaru

26. Hana Winter is Coming

Best "Likely" Pairing
    - ShikaTema

Best "Unlikely" Pairing
    - KakaSaku (Read Fated by leafy girl on ff.net before you flame me)

Worst "Likely" Pairing
    - NaruHina (I will only dislike this pairing until I actually see something happen between those two)

Worst "Unlikely" Pairing
    - SaiSaku

27. Daniee Merc with a Mouth

My favorites...
    NaruSaku
    ObitoRin

Then I'm neutral on ShikaTema.
    All other pairings I couldn't care less about.

28. AmenoKitarou Evangelion Otaku

Best:

Asuma x Kurenai (they make it SoO obvious...Kurenai ...my favorite jounin teacher)

Naruto x Sakura (that's nice)
    Tsunade x Dan (They were so happy....until...)
    Shizune x Naruto (The older sister thing is always sweet)
    Kakashi x Shizune (two of my favorite jounins)
    Shikamaru x Temari (She obviously fell for him~)

WORST:

Konohamaru x Moegi (uuggghhh ....both those characters sicken me to no end...)

Oro x anyone.....
    Ino x Chouji...

29. Devilish Angel is turning innocence to apathy

Best:

Narusaku
    Sasusaku
    Shikaino
    Chouino
    Kibahina
    Nejihina
    Leeten
    Itasaku >.>

Worst:

Shinosaku
    Kibasaku
    Nejisaku
    Naruhina
    Sasuhina
    Sasuino
    Nejiten

30. Mousuke Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, Tuti desu!

Best Pairings:

-Sasuke/Hinata--not likely, but they're both quiet and introverted. Hinata is weak and needs protecting, and Sasuke can protect her. Plus, they'd have the most beautiful children ever.
    -Shino/Hinata--Shino needs some lovin', and Hinata is the most likely candidate. ^_^
    -Neji/Hinata--Only considered incest in a few countries, not countring Japan. Hinata's the only girl I can see Neji ending up with, unless they bring in someone new.
    -Sasuke/Ino--One of my favorite pairings! Unlike most Naruto kunoichi, Ino can actually fight! She also has a good heart and doesn't scream "Sasuke-kun!" at every given oppertunity like SOME kunoichi we know. *coughcoughSakura* I can actually see these two doing well together, although again it probably won't happen.
    -Sai/Ino--They've never met, but for some reason I have the feeling that these two would get along well.
    -Shikamaru/Ino--Of course. This one might actually be canon! They already act like a married couple. XD
    -Shikamaru/Temari--Not as good as Shikamaru/Ino, but I still like it.
    -Naruto/Sakura--If Naruto's gonna get anybody, it should be Sakura. In the post-time jump they get along really well...
    -Sasuke/Neji--Yaoi time! They're both hot, angsty, and badass. Need I say more?
    -Sasuke/Itachi--Uchihacest! Normally I hate incest, but this is the exception...I think it's funny XD

Whatever Pairings:

-Lee/Sakura--Lee is adorable and deserves to get whoever he wants. If he wants Sakura, he should have her.
    -Sasuke/Sakura--It's okay. I only like it because it's pretty and sort of canon (one sided though), but I'm not all "WOOHOO!" about it.
    -Sasuke/Naruto--Well, they are the only two characters to kiss in the entire series XD
    -Itachi/Temari--Somebody mentioned this to me once and it made me laugh

Bad Pairings:

-Neji/TenTen--As mentioned several times before, TenTen is one of the least important characters (and her hobby is fortune-telling??) Neji deserves better than that.
    -Lee/TenTen--Again, Lee deserves better than her.
    -Itachi/Kisame--Itachi can do better than SharkBoy.
    -Kiba/Kurenai--No. Just no.
    -Kakashi/Any member of team 7--not cool.

Worst Pairings:

-Kakashi/Iruka--wtf, they spoke like, once? And it wasn't romantic, Kakashi was declaring that Naruto was under his charge now. So......why???
    -Naruto/Hinata--I just can't see this work. Hinata is way too introverted and Naruto is just so oblivious. And in the fillers, Hinata's obsession with him just keeps getting creepier and creepier...
    -Chouji/Ino--Poor poor Ino-chan.
    -Orochimaru/Konohamaru--Can we say "pedophile"?
    -The Third/Tsunade--Ewww, noooo
    -Kakashi/Zabuza--I honestly don' know how some people think these things up

31. Iwonn ...

The best:

Sasuke x Naruto <333

Neji x Hinata
    Sasuke x Hinata
    Shikamaru x Ino
    Lee x Sakura
    Naruto x Hinata
    Sai x Naruto
    Itachi x Naruto
    Kakashi x Iruka
    Sakura x Hinata
    Sakura x Ino

The worst:

Itachi x Sakura
    Itachi x Sasuke
    Kakashi x Sasuke
    Neji x Tenten

and the worst ever:

Sasuke x Sakura :notrust

Last edited: Dec 26, 2005
  32. Mizura Meh Advisor

Whoa, the results now are sure different from a year ago, or from ff.net usual pairings.

It used to be NaruHina/SasuSaku/ShikaIno(or ShikaTema)/NejiTen for everyone. Now there's more diversity.

There are more crack pairings too. X'D

33. Sorian Member

BEST
    ShikaTem
    NarHinata
    NejiTen
    SasIno

Yuri
    SakIno :glomp

Worst
    SakSasu

34. Darth Judicar A#1 Roller Rager

I favor:

Sasuke/Sakura
    It would be cool to finally see Sakura and Sasuke connect. Sasuke's shown more caring for her over the series and even thanked her before he left for attempting to stop him...

Naruto/Sakura
    Spoiler:
    I became a real fan of this one when 245 came. Sakura cares and respcets Naruto so much more now and when she cried during Junchuuriki, it was touching...

I dislike:

Neji/Hinata
    Ugh, they're cousins

Sasuke/Ino
    Sasuke has shown zero interest in her while Ino seems to be lusting at his physical feature only, not really Sasuke.

35. Kvothe Kingkiller Son of Arliden

Best (for me)
    -NaruSaku:
    -NejiHina:
    -ShikaIno
    -Nejiten
    -ShinoHina
    -SasuIno
    -NaruSasu
    -SasuHina
    -LeeHina
    -LeeSaku
    -ShikaHina: Oh come on can't you guys imagine it? Shikamaru thinks all girls are troublesome: Loud, controlling, etc....! Hinata doesn't seem troublesome now does she? Plus if they get together it would create an uber smart lazy Hyuuga! :laugh Forgive me but I just love the thought of it!

Bad
    -SasuSaku
    -NaruHina
    -NejiSaku (just one thing: >.<)
    -OrochiAnyone (Although I am a bit of Orochimaru fan)

Neutral
    -ShikaxEveryone (Pimp ^^)
    -KankuTen (I'm starting to like it)
    -SaiSaku (I like it actually but it doesn't go up to the favorite spot)
    -YamaSaku (Same goes for this one)
    -NejiHana (I'm starting to like this one too. I know...I'm weird...)

What can I say? I love crack pairings. :laugh

36. SilverCross ?Captain of the 9th Division?

ill keep this simple...for now.

good: naruto/Hinata

very very very bad: neji/hinata. who ever came up with this, should suffer a very painfull, long, death.

37. Lilica Member

hehe im starting to like this couple now! you're right about the part where she can pull him away from the crowd etc. i think she can actually have SOME control over him :p

ohh yay another supporter of this couple! i love them so much ^^ you can join the SasukexIno Fanclub...here's the link: X hope you join :D

ouch! quite mean. i see that you hate Neji and love Hinata...i love them both lol. i like this pairing its one of my favs.

i am so suprised at how many people hate SasukexSakura! wohooo :D plus reading all these different ideas its very interesting to know :)
    (everyone who hates them here is the anti SasukexSakura FC if you havnt joined already: X) :)

38. Kitty kbw

Best:
    ShikaNaru: Such a sweet, cute couple! Gosh I could simply go on for hours - they have so much chemistry together, their personalities compliment each other perfectly like ying-yang.

SasuNaru: Similar to ShikaNaru, only less cutesy and more tragic. Reminds me of "Brokeback Mountain" in a way with all the obstacles and such. I mean, you can cut the sexual tension with a steak knife.

NejiHina: My favorite het pairing. Yes, incest - whatever. Similar to SasuNaru, only with no sexual tension and but with similar obstacles. Lets see: He beat her ass, he's jealous of her, he's in love with her?? ^_^

ShikaIno: See ShikaNaru. Polar opposites, romance blooms, makes for great fanfiction.

NaruSai: Ha, we'll have to see where this goes. :p

Worst:
    SasuSaku: Boring, superficial. Sasuke and Sakura have no chemistry, sexual or otherwise. I couldn't fathom what their relationship would be based on other than Sakura's fanatical devotion to him.

NaruHina: See "SasuSaku".

SasuIno: Same. :oh

39. Mizura Meh Advisor

I rest my case. :) Did I mention that not all cultures consider cousin marriages to be socially unacceptable or to be incest?

40. Nintai The Dark Side

Naruto x Hinata
    Lee and Sakura
    Temari x Shikamaru
    Tsunade x Jiraiya
    Ino x Chouji
    Neji x Tenten

Dislikes:
    Sakura x Sasuke
    Ino x Sasuke
    Kakashi x Sakura
    Hinata x Neji
    Naruto x Sakura

41. Silverback1138 New Member

Damn, it's nice to see many NaruSaku's come out of the woodwork. While I love the Naruto series for so many reasons, I do love NaruSaku so much because of what's happened to the 2 of them. It's just that the character of Naruto has gone through so much and has always chosen the higher,tougher road that I want Naruto to attain all his goals, which one is the love of Sakura.

Other Great Pairings:
    ShikaTema
    KakaAnko

Bad Pairings:
    SasuSaku
    NejiHina

I'm pretty much neutral to all other pairings in general, even though there are a few cute ones like NaruIno.

Seriously, what's up with the cracked-out pairings. Some are just downright disturbing. What next, GamabunUdon? KakaShino? PakkuShino? Ewww!!!

42. Lullaby my greatest treasure

So many people hate SasuSaku. =T

Its changed from when I last saw a worst pairing thread. In the last thread I've seen people voted SasuNaru/NaruSasu as the worst pairing. >.<;

(And I love both SasuNaru and SasuSaku. O.O)

43. Kin I ARE BACK.

but it is their opinion, right? Now I didn't say it was worst, because it isn't, it's so romantic those 2, but thats all.

44. Lullaby my greatest treasure

I know, I didn't say anything was wrong. XD

I was just saying that I thought SasuNaru/NaruSasu was more hated the SasuSaku.

45. Cleis Flame Alchemist

first of all best pairing:
    NaruHina

and worst pairing:
    SasuSaku

46. Mizura Meh Advisor

Oh, it's just that when it's not explicitely listed, people don't even think about it because they don't even think about it as an option. :amuse

47. Chamcham Trigger 21 boom stick salute Advisor

hmmm best pairing imo would be Gai and Kurenai. I dunno, they're just so different from eachother. I'd say the worst pairing would be...umm I dunno...Kin and Dosu?...or Chiyo and Kakashi?...something bad like that I guess. I've never really put thought into that one.

48. Rinali your retarded little brother

Spoiler:
    favs: sasunaru, sainaru, saiasaku

worst: sasusaku-ugh!!
    naruhina-plain boring

49. G. Hawke The one who left

Ah well i decided to have a go.
    But i wont be refering to either of my fave's, cause well, i will be biased. :oh
    So instead i refer to pairings(i believe in 2, but i am too lazy so i will only do one)that i believe would best serve the story.

Firstly,
    NejiHina.

Now why do i think this pairing would futher/have a point in the story?
    Firstly and foremost the Hyuuga issue. Yes i can now hear my fellow NaruHina fans about to jump becuase they think Naruto will solve this problem by merely becoming hokage and marrrying Hinata.
    It could happen but it wouldn't make good storytelling.
    From a purely storyline point of view NejiHian works because they by solving the issue by themselves means that both have finnaly grown and left the shackles of their past behind.
    Of course now i can hear people saying, "But didn't Naruto say he will solve it?" and yes you would be correct. But that is the beauty of it. By NejiHina working out it is infact Naruto solving it without actaully having to do it.
    For it is Naruto that gave them both the strength to do it.
    Another issue that works out by NejiHina would be the actual clan itself. By uniting both houses the clan is stronger than it has probably ever been.
    The problem in my opinion has always been the fact that the Hyuuga have seemed to have lost theri humanity and became nothing more than an institution of strength.
    Neji would be that symbol of strength but Hinata would and is the very symbol/touch of humanity.
    By bringging both together the clan can be healed.

So yeah that is my take.
    And anyone that says "eww, bloody incest" can take a bloody hike.
    Get off that moral, high riding moral gutter of yours and note that a cousin/cousin relatinship is perfectly normal in may cultures. Notably Japanese as one of them.
    So bugger off. :-(

*And let me make something clear. I neither like(actually i am rather uncomfortable with it) nor do i even believe it would happen. But it has loads of story telling potential.*

50. Mizura Meh Advisor

... so? Aren't like... all of us biased? :oh Nice essay though.

Whaaat? No way! AnkoGai all the way! Dynamic couple of Doom! :yell