1. The Konoha Kennel is back! As a subsection to the Chatterbox, discuss your favorite fauna-related topics at a fun and laid-back pace. From animals to zoos, it's your one-stop destination for critter lovers!

Berserk Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Akihabara Library' started by ShadowSavior, Oct 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadowSavior The Elite Synthetic

Anyone else besides me really digging the Berserk manga? To be honest I believe it's probably one of the best mangas Japan has ever spout out to the masses, but I'm curious as to what others think of it. Any thoughts?

2. Zeeph Shinigami

Best manga ever. Period.

3. Vaelen Lazyness Incarnate

Oh yes.. Love it.. Not many things better than this.

4. The K Dark in Mind

The best manga indeed as stated above... though some scenes can be a bit disturbing 8P

5. Uchiha^Sasuke Coordinator

Yeah it's one of the best indeed. Really worthy of reading!

6. Kami-Sama The one with the Lesbian Avy.

really digging the manga and the no holds back policy...the adult theme, the intense story and the carefully designed drawings make this manga supperb...some of the drawing can leave you speechless...i'm up to vol 27 if anyone hav gone farther than that please let me know..there's so much craving for the manga in my blood

7. nigggs Guess who's bizack! Advisor

i played the dreamcast game, and must admit im quite intrigued, can anyone tell me a link where i can get the manga's?

8. Kami-Sama The one with the Lesbian Avy.

X

most of the manga is there. vol 1-3 are not since they been licenced.. and the rest 4-26 are on a same batch like 1.5 gigs on bittorrent and 27 is stand alone

edit: the ps2 game seems to be MUCH better... like butter :p

9. nigggs Guess who's bizack! Advisor

thanks a bundle!

its ok, i got ps2 as well.:) someone posted a clip to the video here last week, and when i seen it i was like :eek: i gotta get that game asap!

10. ShadowSavior The Elite Synthetic

I know what you mean. I have the game on preorder and it came out today. I seriously cannot wait until it arrives on my doorstep.

11. GrotesqueMind_1 Shizen Clan

I seen some of the anime and the manga is some hot stuff.

12. EndlessRain KB24

The anime rawks! One of the best ive seen yes indeed! But the manga im trying to get a hold of cause i hear it continues with the story and plus the ending of the anime kept me with sooo many questions!

Ooo i will use that site thx for showin ^^

13. Kami-Sama The one with the Lesbian Avy.

can anyone post the bittorent link of the game ??? if there is one ? :D

14. xans それだけ

15. Vaelen Lazyness Incarnate

Too bad it's in jap though.. I can't play anything I can't understand..

16. Momochi Zabuza (inactive) Water Daemon

One of my favorite manga's ever. When I downloaded it, I didn't expect to like it as much as I did (even though I loved the anime) but once I started, I couldn't stop. It was...insane. I stayed up until 5-6 a.m. more than once reading it feverishly.

Now I just can't wait for more. Heh.

17. Kro The Hunter

im at chapter 243, volume 28. I've been rerading it for so long now and it jus keeps on going. But i luv it.

18. Klipz touch me

I have the whole Anime series, and three manga books on it. What I like about it is the story, the whole thing with Griffith and Gatts is amazing. I only downloaded to Volume 6. Its great and also the manga is unfinished!

19. Kurow New Member

The best manga ever....

Im in chapter 246 in volume 28 but the best part of the manga is the vatican part with really cool fights.

20. Kami-Sama The one with the Lesbian Avy.

where i can get the latest chapters of the manga? .. i'm up to vol 27

21. UchihaShikamaru Heir of Gan and Kage

go to X type in Berserk and every two weeks on sat there should be the latest translated chapter hot of the presses

GO BERSERK! My favorite part is the entire Band of the Hawk story, really interesting.

22. DeathNote Chouji Must Die

Yes Berserk is great. Japanese Art mixed with medieval/demon/magical manga, no one else has that.

I wish they would pick up where the anime left off, but I highly doubt that would happen due to the intense violence (for example: dead kids cut in half) in many chapters.

23. Last of the Uchihas Get your own girls, Jonas!

This is the best series ever, but i'm been to that it's author has a tendency of taking long vacation. How old is Berserk? 15 years old or something like that. One question the last chapter i read was when Guts was wounded and they tried to take of the berseker armour but couldn't because it would have killed him. Can you tell me that chapter and how many chapters have bben release since then. Thank in advance.

24. Momochi Zabuza (inactive) Water Daemon

That sounds like chapter 235, which is in the end of volume 27, but I'm not sure. Currently, there are 246 chapters, which is in volume 28, out right now.

Just wait until later...you'll love 28 (which isn't available outside of mIRC, but I figured out how to use it, and if you really want it, IM me on Aim, msn, or Yim, depending on which you have. My names are in my profile).

25. Last of the Uchihas Get your own girls, Jonas!

Thanks a lot, i will. One other question, Are the rumor true that there is plan to continue the anime series? Thanks in advance.

26. Zhongda Active Member

yeah. well i think the manga was great en all but the ending wasnt what i expected. it was kind of dissapointing a little. if there was another chapter explaining that ending then yeah it would be perfect. so he found another ballet, dose that mean hell see grifith again or somthing. and is caska dead or is she imprisioned? i think the ending shuld answer these questions first!

27. onemic sensei New Member

anyone know where volume 1 - 3 is?

28. kevin77 Newtype

Ok, Berserk has a great story and great characters. But what's the deal with all those girls getting raped? It's disgusting, unecessary (except for when Caska gets raped by Griffith, coz it makes u understand Guts' raging fury), I hate that. It's probably the only thing that keeps me from putting this title as my fav manga all time.

29. Tautou Member

...what? What chapter is all of that based on?

I've read up to the last chapter of volume 27. I don't remember it being said that Berserk was over so I went ahead and read your entire post thinking that you mistaked the manga for the anime, but that doesn't really sound like it.

And yes, Berserk is awesome. It's definitely my favorite manga.

30. Zhongda Active Member

sorry guy i dont wanna spoil it for you! i already have the anime and i based my post on that! i posted that mabey on the second on third day of joining! i didnt know that you guys were refering to the chapters! and no, i do know berserk .Grifith .guts .pippen .caska and the whole gang! its just that mabey the chapters are a little different!

31. mpthread Medic of Doom

Where talking about the volumes of manga, if you want to line up the anime episodes to the manga, the last episode of the anime is only at about vol 12 of the manga, so thats 17 volumes of manga that extend the story farther then the anime ever went, since right now there are 29 vols of manga and it is still ongoing. You probably dont even know of the main characters right now if you only saw the anime, such as Isidro, Scherkie, Serpico, Puck, the Kushun army and the new band of the hawks. So read the manga

You either gotta buy it in bookstores since it was published by Dark Horse, find it on irc, or hope one of your friends has it to give to you

Last edited: Nov 13, 2004
  32. Orihime Banned

I found out about berserk first through the anime, but after I found out that the manga continues the anime storyline, since you know how that ended, I downloaded, and man, I loved it even more. I don't usally read manga like Berserk, with gore and stuff, and the only other manga of this genre I've read and loved is MPD Psycho. Anyway, I love the new group Guts is travelling with right now. Serpico is pretty strong, and I like how he has this "duty to his lady first" attitude. :O I also wish Caska wil go back to "normal" since after seeing her be one of the best commanders of the Hawks, it's a bit disheartening to see her reduced to that state. :(

i don't ;like griffith. *stab* :p Great character, but I don't like him. He's like one of those people in manga that I can appreciate, development, role, etc... but I just can't like the guy.

33. mpthread Medic of Doom

new beserk ch is out today ch 248
    get it here X on bit torrent

34. euglee15 i luv girls

berserk question

how many volumes are there and is there any site you can download them?

35. Nosferatubeast Death be4 dishonor

There's currently 27 (and ongoing) in Japan, but I don't know where you can go to download them. I believe five volumes are published in the US. The manga is infinitely better than the anime, though. Try to get all of them if you can.

36. 4thokage Custom User Title

you can dowmload most of them here (bittorrent) X
    Edit you can get all on the ckmoney irc chanel on irichigway

Last edited: Jan 7, 2005
  37. Zhongda Active Member

when u say 27volumes u mean manga rite? cuz i have the entire series on only six dvds!

38. 4thokage Custom User Title

yeah i mean the manga

39. Nosferatubeast Death be4 dishonor

Yeah, the anime series covers about 1-13 of the manga volumes. Also, the anime doesn't cover everything that happen in those 13 volumes.

40. euglee15 i luv girls

yeah i like the manga a lot better thanks guys.

41. Axass -Avenger- Advisor

Chapter wise we're already at volume 29. Anyway the Hawks are SLOW they wait for the volumes to come out, go here: X

Their IRC channel (IRChighway server) is: #[evil_genius]

They release scanlations as soon as the new chapters come out, it's also a good forum.
    I woldn't mind a little rep >_>

Last edited: Feb 1, 2005
  42. Deadly Venom #5 No Brows

Hey, what chapter does vol 28 start with? Repped.

EDIT: Never mind, found my vol 27, so 28 starts at 237

Last edited: Jan 30, 2005
  43. Mithrandil -|IFK Kyokushinkai Blackbelt|-

Does the anime skip all those Hentai like parts??? Cause they can become pretty rough :p ;)

44. Code Zoamelgustar

They're currently only 27 Volumes out as already been said but the manga is up to chapter 249 I think which should be in it's 29th Volume.

Berserk is bi-weekly right?

45. Axass -Avenger- Advisor

Yes it is. But Miura took a break during the whole summer and the whole December/January. He's slow.

BTW - The [Evil Genius] group which scanlates it is now here: X

The IRC channel is the same, thank you for the rep Mithrandil.

46. Ingoman Prophet

Evil Genius just released chapter 250 actually
    Those guys are pretty cool too
    And hey, easy on Miura, he's been making Berserk for 15 freakin years :p

47. Axass -Avenger- Advisor

That's exactly why I'm saying that he's slow... 15 years for 250 chapters, Kishimoto needed 5 years for 245...

48. Drizzt Ah.. is that so?

They do the hentai thing mildly in the anime.

However, for the first one (volume 1-3) they skip in the series.. they don't even show puck! T_T

^^
    >8

However.. there has been no fight involving Guts for a while now T_T.. just the lil punks..

^^
    >8

but I did enjoy the hack n slash game that was brought out!

49. Code Zoamelgustar

Well Hajime no Ippo has been going on for 15 years and it's nearing 700 chapters and it's still weekly I believe... But that doesn't matter, as long as the series is good. Bi-weekly ain't so bad, there are other monthly series out there that sometimes take a break such as FMA and TT.

I might as well read Berserk by chapters since the volume releases take too long. Though I'm already somewhere in volume 28.

50. Koeter13 Hatriot

but naruto is getting worse and worse. you can already see some dbz-like fights. berserk is still fresh its fun to read, especially the character developments

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.