1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK

2. The latest NF Newsletter is out (July), read it here
  3. Summer Glow
    The HoU Banner Contest this time is centered on Summer time.
    The deadline is until July 23rd and you only have to click here to go straight to the information you need.

4. Ladies and gents, the Tech Hub has been archived! Any tech-related questions can go in KCC now, and make sure to use the new [Tech] tag!

Because Science...

Discussion in 'Meta-Battledome' started by Catalyst75, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Toaa Tu Dahei oneshot Heartless

He was closing yes but its not like flash was much slower.

2. Blαck Groovy Tony

I suppose, then again it could be a case of cis on black flash's part for grabbing him out right :hm

Though, iirc didn't nu52 Barry actually out run black racer in his one shot?

3. Toaa Tu Dahei oneshot Heartless

I havent caught up with new 52 stopped somewhere around end of wally west around vol 230.Exams are hard and I dont have that much time.What I do know is that barry became black flash for a while.

4. Blαck Groovy Tony

Yeah in the new gods story arc he fused with black racer but in his own issue concerning it he separated from it and ran. Only to later fuse with it again after iris or whoever was threatened.

5. Catalyst75 Well-Known Member

He can't at all anymore because in Guardians Vol 2
    Spoiler:
    He lost the celestial powers that allowed him to do it once Ego died

Making that video entirely pointless.

7. Catalyst75 Well-Known Member

8. Catalyst75 Well-Known Member

Hm, I didn't know that m= E/c^2 was actually the original Einstein equation.

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  9. Catalyst75 Well-Known Member

Imaginary Axis tackles the blasphemous question: Who is the Most Powerful DC Character?

And we'll probably have DC fanboys citing this video in the future...

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  10. Catalyst75 Well-Known Member

I don't get the last part. Is there something fundamentaly wrong with this video?

12. Catalyst75 Well-Known Member

Last part and first part are connected. The most powerful DC Character is the collective imaginative powers of the writers of DC Comics. The Overvoid is the canvas on which they draw and create the DC Multiverse; even the Presence and the Source are just products of their Creative (Presence) and Imaginative (Source) power. Because in the end, the Writers are to DC Comics like Azathoth is to the Cthulhu-verse - their imaginations give it life, and the characters are no more than dreams in the minds of higher powers.

Long story made short: DC Writers are the most powerful characters.

13. Toratorn Member

I wasn't talking about the video, I understood that pretty well. It's just your last statement ("And we'll probably have DC fanboys citing this video in the future...") made me think that Imaginary Axis fucked up somewhere in the video.

14. Catalyst75 Well-Known Member

A bit late for this, but I said that before watching the video in its entirety.

It is almost a hoot, however, that Imaginary Axis brings up the fact that other "creators" like himself exist, which kind of throws the whole "complete omnipotence" idea with the Presence out the window (not to mention the fact that someone else literally took over his position after he left).

15. Toratorn Member

But he didn't claim that Presence is omnipotent?...

As for the other creators, it's only logical that all of them can be Omnipotent. Since, well, they are only all-powerful in regards to their created verses and not other fiction or real world. In fact, based on that logic, it becomes really troublesome to define an actual omnipotent.

16. Catalyst75 Well-Known Member

It is not about what "Imaginary Axis" said; it is about what other people would claim of the Presence (creator of the DC Universe and all that). The Presence states point-blank there are other "Creations" and other "Creators", which could answer the conundrum about Relic that got a certain someone so huffy in the past - another "Creator" could have been responsible for Relic's "Creation", and he somehow got sucked into Yahweh's "Creation".

Pretty much.

In a sense, the power of a Creator is defined by the Universe which they create.

17. Toratorn Member

Dammit, I meant to say "all creators CAN'T be Omnipotent". I mean, not in the "complete all-power" way, but only onnipotent on regards to verses under their jurisdiction. Which kind of makes one question what exactly should be regarded as omnipotent.

18. Endless Mike Getting too old for this shit

The Presence admitted there were forces above him a long time ago.

19. Catalyst75 Well-Known Member

Makes you wonder what the Tobey Spider-Man train scene would be like.

20. Catalyst75 Well-Known Member

My prediction: a lightsaber would just vaporize the bullet.

End result: Oh no. Space Battle will abuse this to Hell and back an infinite amount of times.

Criticism time.

One of the main flaws here was assuming that the blast-doors are comparable to regular steel, like he did in a previous video. Meanwhile, we've observed lightsaber able to effortlessly cut through Star Wars military-grade armor, from the armor of an AT-AT (able to resist proton torpedoes) to the hulls of capital ships that need to withstand immense amounts of firepower (IIRC).

Both results would give us much higher energy-outputs for a light-saber blade.

Sadly, on the other hand, this is exactly how slugthrowers are already treated in the Star Wars mythos (which I just checked and found out).

Inconsistencies are a pain to deal with.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017 at 6:58 PM