1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Please discuss and vote on the fate of the reputation system here.
  3. The forum medals contest is being extended for another month. Check this thread for more information.

Batman vs Captain America *Hand to hand*

Discussion in 'Comics Battledome' started by Taka, Oct 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taka Member

Yes I could pick a better battle as I know the whole gambit of comicbook characters but, this is what we're getting. I'm thinking of a legit battle between the two best hand to hand fighters in Marvel and DC. Both are at the height of peak human physicality though Cap is a bit higher in that regard. Both men are bloodlusted and yes Cap gets to keep his shield because it's a melee weapon. Batman on the otherhand, does not have access to his utility belt because it's loaded with asspulls...which we all know to be true.

Scenario 2: Bruce has his Utility belt

FIGHT!!!

2. lucky Wants the Custom Title.

lol so armed captain vs unarmed batman?

you're kinda mean...

3. Taka Member

I mean Bruce still has the batsuit. lol

I'll add a scenario 2.

Besides that utility belt is broke so, he can pull out ANYTHING for the win.

4. Plague Punches People in the Face

I think Captain America's superior strength and durability will win it for him.

5. The Mad King The Gent

Batman hangs with David Cain, Lady Shiva , and Richard Dragon and by hanging I mean he doesn't get ass rape by either.

Stats wise Capt only has stamina on his side they equal in speed and strength.

6. Taka Member

I believe Cap has the notch on reflexes and reactions.

Cap has been proved to rank up with the best of the hand to hand such as Wolverine, Taskmaster, Black Panther, and Thor.

Not mention Cap's shield adds that by giving him that ability to hit any angle seeing as he can ricochet it. I forget what internal features are within Batman's suit besides night vision and stuff like that. Like actual battle-ready stuff within the suit.

7. The Mad King The Gent

None of those guys you mention can stand on even ground with Lady Shiva in terms of Hand to hand.

8. Taka Member

Yet Shiva was defeated by Batgirl who still hasn't proved her weight against Bruce, nor Dick. Not to mention Wolverine's hand to hand skills are nearly flawless, as qouted by the Silver Samurai. In Marvel's case, they say he outpaces Cap which I can believe as par their fight in Wolverine Origin comic, Wolverine struck a vital point on Cap's back leg that caused an aneurysm and the fight ended after only moments later because Cap pushed him back and other reasons. To say Wolverine doesn't stand a chance is silliness to me.

But we're arguing outside the characters themselves when this boils down to Bruce and Roger's fight.

9. lucky Wants the Custom Title.

Bruce says that she's perfect. Not good, or excellent, but perfect. Lol she essentially has sharingan eyes. U can't really lose to someone in your same weightclass in h2h if you have sharingan eyes. The ONLY way i'd give it to anyone else in a fight against her (bats, capt, human street fighters) is if they fought her in the dark.

anyway, on topic. In a pound for pound slugfest in a boxing ring, i'll give it to rogers after a long, long fight. They're essentially physical peers. But the serum makes roger's body more efficient-- it would count on the longgggg run.

drop them both in a city and i'll give it to bats.

10. jetwaterluffy1 Active Member

Cap's vibranium shield gets him the win.

11. Lord Raizen The Warrior God

Except he isn't stronger.

True facts.

He doesn't. Not at all.

Batman is equal/superior to the bolded in all stats safe for stamina (in Logan's case) and in Thor's case.. just no. Thor is leagues beyond everyone else who's been mentioned in this thread.

Cap's shield slinging abilities will not help him against Batman. He'd be much more effective keeping it on his person at all times and using as a CQC weapon.

Batman is a master of over 120 different kinds of martial arts, nigh every martial art on the planet. This includes a mastery of pressure points, which Cap has no resistence too.

Literally, Cap's only advantage is stamina.

Batman has the speed, massive skill advantage, and superior tactical prowess.

He wins at least 8/10.

12. jetwaterluffy1 Active Member

I though cap was supersonic as well? Or was I confusing him with someone else?

13. Taka Member

Please don't try to pull that as Cap has been trained with multiple forms of fighting including many martials arts. Although a few of them have been identified, every discipline he was trained in is unknown and unclear. American Boxing, Judo, Aikido, and Jujutsu are the only revealed disciplines, but he has utilized various different techniques and methods from multiple others. Among these are various Gong fu (or Kung fu) such as Taijiquan, Wing Chun, various Shaolin arm methods which he incorporates for his shield, Chin na, and northern kicking methods, Capoeira, Muay Thai, Karate, Eskrima, and hand techniques used in Ninjutsu. Two of his best students Bucky and Hawkeye have been seen using at least one sophisticated hand technique from Ninjutsu that was meant for sensitive points of the body, confirming that Rogers taught it to them so, he also has knowledge on pressure points.....which Bruce has no defense against....actually no human has a defense for pressure points.

Cap is also extremely agile as he proved when fought Spidey, regardless of Spidey's lack of skill in hand to hand, Spider-man is still more agile then anyone.

Cap's senses outweight any humans which coupled with his reflexes that can react and dodge gunfire from multiple gunners as seen in the war comics (don't remember which issue). I've never seen Bruce dodge bullets but, in fact calculate the trajectory of the bullet and just get out of the way by the time you pull the trigger.

Tatical prowess? Bruce is a genius but, Cap is not stupid. He's a tactical genius in which he can create plans of victory in less then a second, and rapidly change plans within thirty seconds as such as changing his World War II crew's pre-articulated plan observing the approaching battlefield's variables, while commenting "the [original] plan had a hole the size of Iowa" which done within thirty seconds. Nick Fury even went on to state that Cap "learns new skills faster than a damn computer" which is highly impressive

Bruce does not out speed, out skill nor does he tactically outmatch Cap in combat. I will say that their strength, and durability are on par.

14. Lord Raizen The Warrior God

Oh he is, but Batman is as well.

Don't try to pull what?

Facts?

How does any of this counteract what I said? Being a major fan, I know what Rogers is capable of. It doesn't change the fact that Batman has mastered every single martial art on Earth. This is an explicit fact of his comic; this also specifically includes every combat form that you've listed and many more.

He is a far superior martial artist to Captain America.

First off, Batman does have defense against pressure points. He's a master of thier use in every known aspect, and can reverse their effects.

Second off, I don't recall it being confirmed that Captain America taught the usage of pressure points, and he's never used them himself.

Third off, even if he did and he could, the knowledge of a single pressure point based move is not going to give him an advantage against Batman. At all.

Then you not read anywhere near enough Detective Comics. Batman has more outright bullet dodging feats than Captain America and in dozens of different scenarios at that.

Lol are you implying you have to be stupid in order for Batman to outsmart you?

That's cute.

The Flash can out think futuritic super computers, and Batman is faster still. There is no comparing the mind of Bruce Wayne with any earth born marvel character short of Victor Von Doom or Reed Richards.

In terms of actual thought speed Batman is far superior to Cap and he has more experience training/fighting than Cap does as well.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  15. FireEel is infected by ponies.

Not true.

Tony Stark, Peter Parker(assuming hes allowed to reach full potential), Bruce Banner and Henry Pym can all match Batman in wits.

16. jetwaterluffy1 Active Member

Yeah, and that makes them equal in speed, except that captain america also has a shield that can take planet-level blasts and is pretty destructive compared to a character like batman.

17. Tacocat Dragon of the South Wind

Eh, not very sold on that one.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  18. The Mad King The Gent

Listen Richard Dragon , Lady Shiva (The one that is not dumb down by plot ) , Cassandra Cain and Bronze Tiger can literally bend Capt over in a straight up plot. Batman can stand on even ground because he is what we call a well balance Fighter.

Tony Stark and Peter Parker has shit skills in tactics or strategy compared to Batman. Infact the only person that can compare on Marvel Earth is Victor Von Doom. Half of Marvel geniuses are science or engineering book smart type of geniuses.

19. darthgoober Member

How does that make Batman a better fighter when Cap knew form of fighting known to man before he was frozen the first time around?

Not sure about confirmation of him teaching them, but Cap's used pressure points on multiple occasions, I doubt Bats has any major advantage there(if he has one at all).

I seriously doubt that. For every bullet dodging feat you post from Bats, I'll bet I can post one of approximately equal value. What's more, I could probably do the same in regards to Daredevil, and Daredevil has flat out said that Cap was faster. Has Bats ever been labled as faster than someone who can match Cap's top feats?

You really believe that Batman thinks faster than the Flash?

Also, there's a difference between intelligence and edjucation. Batman knowing more stuff doesn't mean his brain's all around better for any situation or necessarily works faster, especially in regards to how it plays out in combat. Cap's been noted as learning in hours styles of fighting that take others years to master, he's plenty smart in regards to things that can/would have meaning in a fight. That's probably why Supes put Cap in charge of the final battle in JLA/Avengers.

He really doesn't. If anything, at least a slight edge would go to Cap in EVERY physical category and tactics.

20. jetwaterluffy1 Active Member

Wait are we arguing captain america is smarter than batman now? :geg

21. Tacocat Dragon of the South Wind

@darthgoober: Lolno. Cap is not smarter than Batman :giogio

22. darthgoober Member

Course not(well not in general anyway), I was just pointing out that book smarts and fighting smarts are different so Bats can have the advantage in 1 but not the other. Cap learns in hours what others learn in years in regards to fighting though, so as far as that kind of thing(as well as things like tactics) goes Cap could very well hold the edge.

23. darthgoober Member

I didn't say he was.

24. savior2005 Well-Known Member

cap is physically superior (peak human)
    bat's technically superior (more moves and better combatant)

25. Micku Active Member

Scenario 1: Cap wins. The Cap should be physically better than the Bats in almost every way. You take away Bats utility belt, then the Cap have this.

Scenario 2: It depends on what he has in his utility belt. Batman can have some freeze pellets or knock out gas that could potentially bother the Cap (I don't believe it would actually knock him out). Or Batman can have some sonic weapon on him. Bats could outwit the Cap with this.

In hand to hand combat, both Batman and Cap are skilled. I would say that Batman is more skilled because I believe he is the master or he knows 127 fighting styles. However, I don't believe it matters much because the Cap is stronger and should be faster than Bats. And his stamina is better than a normal human. The only way Batman could win is to outsmart Cap.

26. King Diablo The Doomster

Batman both scenarios. Batman has hanged with Deathstroke and even though he lost their first encounter it messed up DS so bad that he ended up getting messed up by some random dude. Slade even mentions that Batman is the best fighter he ever fought. Batman has also stalemated Bronze Tiger before.

27. The Mad King The Gent

You do realize Batman is peak human right? He got there by training not some special steroid too boot.

28. jetwaterluffy1 Active Member

To be fair, this is partially because in DC humans just seem to have a higher maximum capacity than in marvel, minus drugs. I can't think of any marvel equivalent of lady shiva.

29. darthgoober Member

Cap can match and likely exceed anything DS accomplished pre-reboot so Bats hanging with him doesn't really mean much.

30. King Diablo The Doomster

I highly disagree. Deathstroke would destroy cap.

31. darthgoober Member

And you're entitled to that opinion, but it doesn't change the fact that Cap can match or exceed pretty much any feat thing Slade did before the reboot.

32. King Diablo The Doomster

The fact is you are just wrong. Deathstroke is the far superior martial artist between the two. On top of this he has a healing factor and super soldier strength/a brain that processes information far faster than a normal human. I know cap's brain can process information faster as well but he is nowhere near deathstrokes level in martial arts. On top of this deathstroke has promethium armor that I doubt cap could even deal damage to.

33. U mad bro Active Member

Pretty sure cap has more high end feats withstanding beings like the hulk. It's more realistic him winnings in a straight fight no prep. With prep Batman rapes no lube.

34. The Mad King The Gent

Cap lasting long against the Hulk, let me see who has Batman fought against for 3 days without sleep or rest straight? Hmm Superman.

Any tough Opponent you can name for Capt, I can name an even bigger one for Batman.

So it is best not to go down that route.

35. U mad bro Active Member

Pretty sure that's Batman with prep. Who pretty much can fuck up the best and has went against deities. Batman without prep isnt on that level consistently. Cap goes in on beings who give the hulk problems without prep on the regular.

36. The Mad King The Gent

Nope it wasnt, if it was Batman with prep it wouldnt lasted 3 days and 3 nights.

37. Weiss What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity

non-prep Batman does not exist :maybe

38. U mad bro Active Member

Pretty sure that was plot induced. Also 90% chance it wasn't hand to hand and involved some outer help. Every superman vs Batman fight has such elements. Otherwise no one in their right mind will think Batman can fight Superman in a straight up fight.
    .^This :maybe

39. darthgoober Member

Ok I'll bite, what skill feats does Slade have that Cap can't match or exceed?

40. King Diablo The Doomster

This is the truth. +1

lets see cap tank 40 founds to the chest from an Anti Tank Machine gun.
    Spoiler:
    XXX

Lets see cap solo the teen titans or Hawkman, Green Arrow, the Atom, Green Lantern (Kyle), Flash, Zatanna and Elongated Man all at once.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  41. Tranquil Fury Leech Lord

I hope people don't start bringing up their jobber aura feats keep this to their non outlier showings.

42. The Mad King The Gent

Because Capt can totally take on the Hulk.

43. Tranquil Fury Leech Lord

Did'nt say I agreed with that just pointing out to both sides to avoid those SMvsFL type feats regardless of who started it first.

44. The Mad King The Gent

Wasnt really addressing your post Tranquil I was just saying to those using the fact that Capt Shield can absorb punches from Hulk doesnt mean he can take him on head on. At least with Batman he has a variety of gadgets to slow down Supes.

45. Tacocat Dragon of the South Wind

I kind of agree with you on your other points, but the bolded would absolutely sodomize DeathStroke.

46. Lord Raizen The Warrior God

You have no idea what you're saying. You cannot simply hand out Batman level genius to every scientist/inventor in Marvel. None of the characters you've mentioned are on par with Batman.

It's true.

I don't need you to explain the different forms of intelligence; Captain America is inferior to Batman in all forms.

He's demonstrated to have knowledge greater than an JLA member. Even the Green Latern ring has fallen short of Batman's knowledge, despite the fact that it stores billions of years of information gathered from all across the universe.

Batman has thought quicker than Superman on multiple occasions, despite the fact that Superman has been specifically stated to have superhuman thought speed. He consistently outshines every other superhero/villain in this respect, even Darksied who's a near cosmic level god.

It doesn't matter what form of mental capacity we're talking about here, Batman is far superior to Captain America.

Also the fact that Captain America knew martial arts prior to being frozen does not change the fact that Batman still knows more than him.

Daredevil's admitted inferiority to Cap, he's also admitted that he can't actually dodge bullets and is physically below "peak human". While Batman can and is.
    Bottom line: Batman is still the far superior martial artist, the better tactician and is likely faster. And Batman can undo the effects of pressure points just as easily as he can employ them.

Okay, first you question the obvious when it comes to Batman, and then you start downplaying Deathstroke. I'd be surprised if you actually read DC comics.

No, he doesn't. And his rivaling the Hulk's strength is an outlier.

^ This.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  47. King Diablo The Doomster

Well he took them out with prep. I do agree they would sodomize him.

48. U mad bro Active Member

@raizen Yes he does marvel>>>>DC physical abilities. Even if you call fighting the hulk q jobbing feat. Which it isn't considering he used his shield the majority of the fight. Besides that caps regular villain roster which is mainly avenger fights>>>>>>Batman normal villain roster. Batman has problems facing down bane in hand 2 hand. Nevermind facing down individuals of spiderman caliber on the regular in hand 2 hand. It's just fact that Batman needs prep he always needs prep

49. Lord Raizen The Warrior God

False.

Don't talk to me about Captain America. Cap's has fought using his bare hands to physicall overpower the Hulk. That is an outlier.

Subjective and irrelevent.

There's more to H2H combat than physical strength.

No, he doesn't. You haven't read enough or lurked enough.

50. King Diablo The Doomster

People who think Batman can only win battles with prep clearly haven't read any comics with Batman nor do they know about the character. Also DC>>>>Marvel in physical abilities big time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.