1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK
  2. Hey you

Yeah you!

Have you always wanted to impress Gordon Ramsey with your culinary skills?

Well you can't...

But you can impress the NF community by joining the Cooking Contest in the Bento Box!

And we promise we won't make you cry like him.
  3. Attention!
    Have some bad ideas? This is your chance!
    Send them to Xiammes! Maybe a winner will receive something. I don't know. Don't quote me on that.

Banning Mael/Tone Policing in the Cafe

Discussion in 'Questions & Complaints' started by baconbits, Dec 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Law Godfather Moderator

If someone is disruptive only in one section, and otherwise is a positive influence in other places, then a section ban can make sense over a general forum ban.

Not every staff member likes to use section bans instead of forum bans, and some like to use them as a lesser punishment.

Some sections also have stricter or looser rules for behavior than others, whether you like it or not. In such a situation, it's not always appropriate to forum ban just because they're being banned from a section.

Repeat offenders and disruptive posters with a history of not showing improvement when banned in the past will be given less leeway when they act out. As it should be. And when a person is warned over and over that their behavior is inappropriate, it doesn't matter what the final offense was that caused the ban button to be pressed, it's the overall judgment of the poster that is being handed out and that poster's history that is being taken into account. If you consistently walk the line so closely that you keep being warned and almost being banned, eventually your behavior is going to catch up to you, and whatever the post was that finally caught you is irrelevant.

The Cafe is not the Blender. Wanting the ability to do and say whatever you want without facing any consequence is childish and not something you're going to get in the Cafe or anywhere outside that one place.

There's nothing wrong with shadow's decision regarding Mael. And it wasn't just him making the decision, either. No one makes decisions like that alone, and no one does so lightly. It's easy to assume everyone is just a troll and thinks it's fun to ban people, but it couldn't be further from the truth.

Most of this thread is just white noise, and it's getting old. I've been a member (member, not staff) of this forum longer than most, and there are a lot of problems on this site. However, the notion that the staff is the primary or even secondary among them is a tragic joke.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Mider T VM Rapist

We just said that Mega wasn't always like that.

3. Magilou Magipui~!!

4. Magilou Magipui~!!

5. Seto Kaiba God Hand Crusher

Hahaha I see why they put you on the staff. This entire post is garbage.

THE STAFF ISN'T THE PROBLEM IT'S NEVER BEEN THE PROBLEM NOPE.

Try to read if you are going to take up for them will you?

Punishment, within reason. Shadow had no reason to permaban Mael, even he had to admit to the fact that the post wasn't worthy of it. By Cafe's standards it was not particularly noteworthy. So he had to, and constantly, change his story. Conjure reasons on why it was justified. Mael's 10+ year history, then next it wasn't just shadow so shadow can't be blamed more or less passing the buck, etc. You guys are incompetent.

6. Law Godfather Moderator

:saitamapathy

7. Seto Kaiba God Hand Crusher

I mean it is pretty funny you just affirmed what I stated about you guys before.

8. Law Godfather Moderator

You will only ever hear what you want to hear, which is why no one will take your complaints seriously.

9. jayjay³² Drug Addict

Yes, you must know a lot! A mod who was promoted 2 months ago telling everyone that they're completely wrong about the staff!

10. Seto Kaiba God Hand Crusher

The irony of someone on the staff saying this is hilarious for all the time I've been here. That's all you guys ever do.

You guys never take anything that has to do with yourselves well, and you are the perfect example of such. Someone perpetuating the circlejerk.

11. Magilou Magipui~!!

"And by constantly changed I mean kept saying the same reason from start to finish."

12. Law Godfather Moderator

Someone who's been here 6 years longer than you as a member, actually. My green name didn't change my opinions.

I see a minority of loud whiners pretending they speak for everyone. Period.

If you have constructive criticism without resorting to being an asshole, it gets listened to. When you constantly berate and insult to try and get your point across-- you get ignored.

I won't discuss the specifics of Mael's ban, nor should anyone else. I won't discuss the specifics of shadow, or how bans are decided, either.

13. aiyanah finesse

this from suits or summin else?

14. Seto Kaiba God Hand Crusher

Then you are blind and/or in denial. I am definitely seeing why they put you on the staff...

I have given plenty of constructive criticism, and the staff have always been as they often are when such things are presented to them, been petty and passive-aggressive about receiving such. You're giving me the same tired rhetoric I've seen countless times from you all. Only a meager few of you actually living up to your responsibilities.

You are just using it an excuse to justify incompetence, because guys like you weren't listening when people were being polite.

Then you have nothing to contribute here. Like I stated before, you're just continuing that staff circlejerk of incompetence.

15. Lucaniel non serviam

what are the primary and secondary or tertiary problems on this site according to you as a newly assimilated member of the staff borg collective who is contractually obliged to never allow any suggestion that the staff could do anything wrong

im aware its silly of me to reply but i wanted to pick up on a couple of things here for the thread as a whole

public discussion of stuff like this is, imo, far better than confining it to the SCR. insofar as anything prevents the staff from doing whatever they want (so nothing, really, but accept my premise for the moment), it's strong public disapproval/resistance to their actions. and in the SCR, no-one except you and the staff borg can see your discussions, which gives them the always-utilised option to pile on you as a mob and then indefinitely leave your complaint hanging

discussing it in public usually creates a far more equal dynamic and also allows for transparency which is sorely needed

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  16. Law Godfather Moderator

Oh I'd go so far as to say we account for the tertiary problems!

You have primary or secondary in this thread, already. Don't need me to show you.

Would you like to get back on-topic, or are we just trying to give Dream something to delete?

17. Lucaniel non serviam

solid attempted deflection but the subject of whether the staff is a major problem on nf is definitely on-topic in a thread about whether or not the staff is ruining the cafe

but what's the primary and secondary problems, name them

18. Nighty the Mighty I swim in outer space Super Moderator

also I almost just said "they" rip rop

19. Lucaniel non serviam

they can, of course, but it's publicly-visible so we can all shit on them for doing it

20. jayjay³² Drug Addict

100% agree. My point was that if someone else made this thread, it would've been SCR'd.

21. Zenith A mio agio

this is my main concern with the moderators as a group

human beings at their core are unbalanced and unfair, it is a fact of life. We know it, they know it

but what's with the posturing then?

hey I'm Pagliacci and I speak in behalf of the entire fellowship: we are serious people

but don't tell the audience it's a joke

they may want their money back

ha!

22. Magilou Magipui~!!

Why hasn't this shit thread been deleted it?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  23. babaGAReeb ϟϟ Goku

who did he cyber with this time

24. Mael Well-Known Member

Wow there's a hot mess of stupidity in this thread, from several sides.

I mean, I initially appreciated bacon's/Seto's effort and while the exact post shadow cited is one of the most pathetic ones to issue the permaban over and further confirming he's a feels over reals mod, all this hemming and hawing isn't going to do any good. It just reveals the snarky kiddos that are the NF regulars.

And it's much more fun watching the Cafe Convo posters trip over themselves in their inherent self-righteousness, masking the dumb shit they do/say on the regular.

So fuck it...this thread is getting as pathetic as Colin Kaepernick or as floundering as Amy Schumer's comedy.

Happy 2017.

25. baconbits The Optimistic Pessimist Moderator

Lol. This is the first time I've been told I have any kind of pull.

I can accept that. But that point doesn't seem to apply to Mael or Luc in the estimation of the staff.

I know what you're going to think: this reply is a Cafe move. But I can't help but be who I am. This argument doesn't make any sense. By this logic he could literally do nothing and you could ban him for it and feel justified. I have no problem with taking his history into consideration if he was trying to have beef with a member he has always had beef with or if you are trying to evaluate how strong a punishment he should get. But his history cannot make a post that's unworthy of a ban worthy of a ban.

Red herring, my friend. I'm not arguing for that and I'm not aware of anyone who is.

Then what we were told doesn't make sense. mr_shadow first told us that he decided to ban Mael after warning him via PM and then seeing a post that was not worthy of a ban. After being challenged he admitted it was banworthy only because of Mael's history. Now its being called a team decision.

I don't like the way this is being handled other than this thread, which to me is open communication, which can be positive. To me you guys are trying to defend an action that, in a fair court, can't really be defended. I almost wonder if we were to hold a mock court room and I was Mael's defense poster, if you guys would be able to win even if we had a jury half mods and half random members.

26. Law Godfather Moderator

If you re-read the thread, it has been argued by multiple people that the Cafe should be at least as lawless as the Blender.

My post wasn't only directed at you.

And I won't discuss specifics of bans, nor should anyone else. All I'll say is that shadow has my support in this, and the only person that can positively affect Mael's future is Mael.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  27. Vino

28. Gino CUINH311

Why don't you mods stop wasting everyone's time and simply say you won't unban him how hard is that?

29. Freechoice Freechoice

every post of his makes me autofellate out of frustration over his stupidity, fuck that dude.

also you motherfuckers have extremely questionable modding standards. Make it black and white. No exceptions or prejudice regardless of the circumstances, avoid all this shit

[most of] you asshole faggots act as independent policing machines instead of a unified system

you are modded to enforce the rules put in place, how shithead hard is that? There shouldn't be discrepancies in the behaviour between two mods of the same section. Take a page out of ark and DDJ's operating manual and act like the robots you are supposed to be you hopeless cucks

directed at the majority of you mods/smods/admins but not all, some of you are aight

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  30. Freechoice Freechoice

mods really do = fags

especially preet

motherfucker locks every thread big boi jayjay makes, but this thread attracts every motherfucking mod on this site

31. Elder WAD im wit it

wish i could autofellate out of frustration :(

guess that's what i get for being a FATTY BELLY LOSER STINKY BUTT haHAA

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  32. Vino

33. Zyrax Perfection

Hillariously it was only two years ago that these same people acted as if the Cafe was any better than the Blender , To the point that they were accusing anyone who they didn't like or wasn't a part of their Echo Chamber of being from the Blender(Including ME, Despite never getting along with the Blenderites) while at the same time giving rimjobs to Blender "Cool" Users such as Mega Blue afg and Zaru

Funny how low the mighty have fallen

34. Erkan12 Emperor Pirate

Is Marcelle still a moderator ? I am out.

35. aiyanah finesse

when moderating behaviour what's first considered as the standard for discipline?
    is it the section rules or the site rules in their entirety?

36. VAK I'm a motherfuckin Starboy

I like the idea of the cafe being lawless I can bring out my big guns and stop using peashooters, It'll be like hunting deer with an rocket launcher

37. Elder WAD im wit it

Law doesn't mod the Cafe, though.

38. Elder WAD im wit it

/r/dadjokes called it wants its material back

39. VAK I'm a motherfuckin Starboy

where does he even mod I don't really see him outside of the BH and Baconbits agony aunt thread.
    Damn bazingaing yourself

40. Freechoice Freechoice

another useless mod that could be replaced with someone that actually contributes positively to this place instead of making shit jokes in serious threads

like this stinker

so witty my mind can barely handle it

41. Thorin Mouse

make Law admin

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  42. Freechoice Freechoice

43. VAK I'm a motherfuckin Starboy

44. RemChu ★ Inspire ★

Law, is not some no name little shit. Show some respect. If you don't know someone that is not their fault and doesn't give you the "okay" to question their position or their qualifications. He is very intelligent and has contributed immensely to my fun on this site. If anyone here interacts/gets to know him you would see why he was made a mod; clear as day.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  45. Elder WAD im wit it

oh and just as i was talking about members who do nothing but bait one appears on this page :kermit

46. Lucaniel non serviam

lmao this unbelievable level of sycophancy and pomposity about RESPECT for moderator positions on a naruto forum

this is some mentally warped shit

47. RemChu ★ Inspire ★

I have respect for Law and consider him a friend. I barely know or care about any of the moderators, so lol. If I see people rashing on a good guy I will speak up.

48. Elder WAD im wit it

49. Lucaniel non serviam

looks like the reason was his unquestioning support for all hr decisions and his ability to deflect questions without looking guilty
    kind of like the process by which national committees from both parties select congressional candidates

50. VAK I'm a motherfuckin Starboy

If any admins are reading this what's your price to make me smod lol...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.