1. The Konoha Kennel is back! As a subsection to the Chatterbox, discuss your favorite fauna-related topics at a fun and laid-back pace. From animals to zoos, it's your one-stop destination for critter lovers!

Amaterasu?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library' started by bsteves33, Oct 14, 2011.

1. bsteves33 Active Member

Can naruto dodge amaterasu in SM? are his sensorship abilities for danger + reaction feats and speed in SM enough to react to?

2. Cyphon Brotherhood of the Beard

Yes, he probably can.

3. momma bravo Member

he's basically the neo yellow flash. i don't see why he couldn't.

4. lamexu True leader of the leaf

I don't know. it took raikage's lightning shroud to dodge it. I don't think naruto at sage mode is as fast as lightning shroud, so i don't think he could dodge amaterasu.

5. Itachisaywat Active Member

Possibly with his sensing

6. LukyArbyz Teabagger

Naruto in SM has not shown any sort of speed feats that would help him dodge against Amatarasu. In Rikudou Mode, which is even faster and stronger, Naruto questioned Itachi on why he missed his Amatarasu and instead helped him which notes that Naruto wouldn't have done anything against it since he just stood there. If he acts serious in RM mode and reacts like he did to Raikage than he probably can. However, SM is slower than RM as stated by Naruto himself and since Tsunade was surprised that Naruto could even keep up with Raikage in RM Mode, then there's no doubt that Naruto cannot dodge the Amatarasu in sage mode.

EDIT: Also, SM Naruto's fight against 3rd Raikage does not count because IMO he's not as fast as the current Raikage (Ie., Vanishing and appearing as lightning traveling in a panel).

7. narutored23 in konoha killin nin gangster

Which raikage are you talking about cuz he dodged both the 4th and 3rd raikage

He dodged th 3rd raikage via sage mode and he also dodged the 4th raikage with his kyuubi cloak which in fact I believe he was in lighting shroud

8. lamexu True leader of the leaf

that is exactly what i'm saying. Theres no way naruto could dodge amaterasu in sag node

9. Itachisaywat Active Member

But Naruto has sensing (BTW are you up to date with all the latest chapters so i don't spoil anything). I say he could if he knows it's coming, but he can't if it's out of the blue

10. Doge Everything I say is serious.

Show proof of him sensing ANY attack coming other than what was blatantly expected (ex.- 3rd Raikage's Hellbringer hand).

Nowhere that I know of has had Naruto sense attack like Nagato did with Itachi's Amaterasu. Which would mean he'd have to dodge it just like Raikage, but he does not have any reaction feats near that so I'd say in SM, not happening.

RM mode is a different story altogether.

11. LukyArbyz Teabagger

Naruto had to stab himself with Pain's rods to find out Nagato's location. You really think he'd be able to do something like that to find Amatarasu coming? Ofcourse not, too much time consuming and heck how would he sense it? All he did was sense where the source of chakra was not any sort of pressure. What would he do against Amatarasu? Stab himself with what? For all I know, if Naruto could possess sensing abilities that he could use outside of that instance, then Nagato wouldn't have to yell at Naruto, telling him that Amatarasu was coming.

12. lamexu True leader of the leaf

yes I am! Rm naruto when aware that amaterasu is coming, but sage naruto I don't think so.

13. Nikushimi Savior

Depends who is using Amaterasu. Itachi and Sasuke are too fast, I think; Sennin Naruto may be fast, but he's not faster than their eyes can track.

14. lamexu True leader of the leaf

all in all, I don't think SM naruto can dodge itachi amaterasu.

15. dark messiah verdandi I found the soul

No.
    That isn't how it works.

With Kawazu Kumite, naruto connects to natural energy to extend his sense of touch.
    Think of it giving him a barrier similar to Jiraya's, but further reaching. Because of that he gets somewhat of a tactile spacial awareness in 3-D.

With it he can "feel" everything around him. When something moves in a straight line, and he can feel it coming, then he can understand where the trajectory is headed.

Amaterasu does not have a trajectory, but spontaneously combusts whatever is seen in the eye.

He would know that it is being charged, but would not have the ability to actually dodge it without using shunshin, which is still hit or miss,as seen with black zetsu.

He has speed, but finesse is lacking.

Then there is the factor if he is actually moving or not.
    Amaterasu is best set up by launching the enemy in the air and using it where there is no way to use shunshin.

16. crisler Active Member

just wanna point out that people consider amaterasu very slow and something very weak, ever since A has avoided it.

A was putting his full concentration on sasuke's attack and he was full speed-up version, which was why he could avoid amaterasu.

and i also believe, no matter how fast you are, if the caster's eye can follow you avoiding amaterasu would be impossible. basically at that time A moved faster than what sasuke could follow: probably thanks to shunshin no jutsu.

so, unless you're someone like madara or minato, who uses S/T that are instant and not just fast, you're always vulnerable against amaterasu.

17. IpHr0z3nI Active Member

This.......... Amaterasu does not traveling towards you...... It appears at or what ever the user is focused on, and then it moves........

There is two parts to the attack..... Sasuke was able to avoid the first but not the second.......... Raikage was able to avoid both................

Basically if a the caster can see you.......... You are not avoiding shit............

18. Delicious &#32

It's Naruto, expect the unexpected.

19. lamexu True leader of the leaf

It may be possible if naruto knows who's casting the amaterasu, and is well focused on the the man who is using the amatersu. but if not that could be a problem. naruto shushen in SM is very fast and so are his reflexes but as far as i know with concentration naruto's ability in sage mode are incredible. So i believe it could be possible.

20. Kanki KIG

Possibly. A lot will depend on the distance between the two.

21. Orochimaruwantsyourbody Active Member

I would agree with this. I'm sure Naruto could dodge it from, say, 50 meters. From 10? I doubt it.

22. tanman Hardship of Adventure

Are we overrating Amaterasu a little bit?
    It's use is a bit predictable. As in predictable enough that Sasuke saw it was going to be used before it was actually used. It's no Totsuka.

23. titantron91 God Killer

SM? No
    RM? Very likely

Uhm that's only for inciting drama

When Kishi says instantaneous... it's instantaneous

From the looks of it... people are actually underrating Amaterasu

unless you're trolling

24. tanman Hardship of Adventure

If it's "instantaneous" how can anyone dodge it?

25. eyeknockout fear me, fodder

SM naruto would get completely raped by amaterasu. naruto is not fast enough in SM at all

26. Gin Ichimaru Active Member

Sage Naruto isn't fast enough. Good reflexes though, better than RM's, but he isn't fast enough physically.

27. lamexu True leader of the leaf

Now I have a question for everyone, who is using the amaterasu because I was talking about itachi's amaterasu.

28. DremolitoX roody-poo

He might be able to feel the "pressure" nagato spoke of.

RM naruto is helpless against amaterasu though.

29. Coldhands A Thousand Eyes, and One

I think one of the reasons why Frog Kata "danger sensing" was introduced was definitely to give Naruto a method of evading Amaterasu outside of KCM, since he obviously won't be using it from the start when fighting Sasuke. They will start both in base and activate new modes as the battle continues (base vs. 3-tomoe, SM vs. Amaterasu / Kagutsuchi / Tsukuyomi, KCM vs. EMS Susano / possible 4th MS jutsu etc)...

30. Star★Platinum That's Mr.Kaneda to you, Punk!

I doubt it, In RM mode he more than likely can though.

31. Grimmjowsensei True Hokage

No he can't. Amaterasu will appear on him, thus his frog kata sensin will be useless.
    Plus, he lacks the body speed to do so anyways.

32. DremolitoX roody-poo

I think he has enough sage chakra for a super sunshi...shu...whatever the fuck it is. "Fast speed movement"

We will just have to wait and see if his sensing can detect amaterasu's build up.

33. Shattering Active Member

Sage Mode Naruto -> NO
    RM Naruto -> Sasuke's amaterasu yes (Raikage v2 could so...), Itachi's amaterasu?? we don't know, and never will I think.

34. Federer Active Member

Perhaps he can, but it depends on the distance between them.

He's not as fast as in RM.

35. SenninMode New Member

Yes, i believe that in some way or another he could do it.

36. Baby Joe Just as planned.

I think RM Naruto could dodge it, but Sage Mode? I never thought Sage Mode increased his speed so, I'd say no......and could someone please put up a link to where Sage Mode "sensed" anything other than chakra...I thought RM was able to sense "danger"...

And there's a difference between Amaterasu? Can someone show me how Itachi's Amaterasu and Sasuke's Amaterasu are different?

37. Appleofeden Active Member

If Naruto can dodge Raikage's raiton shroud in KM he can definitely dodge Amaterasu. Don't know about when Naruto's in SM though.

38. Grimmjowsensei True Hokage

He doesn't....

Sm doesn't get any speed wank, unlike RM.

39. BlinkST Never too l8 for Rinne h8

Doesn't "get" speed? I wasn't aware that shunshin jutsu was limited to Kyubi chakra mode.

40. Coldhands A Thousand Eyes, and One

Obviously SM isn't as fast as KCM but it's still very fast, Naruto blized Pain several times in SM.

41. God Hand -------------------

No, Naruto in SM would not be able to dodge it.

The reason Sasuke initially dodged it, was because Itachi had closed his eye after the first time using it. Thus Sasuke anticipated him reopening said eye, and moved to not be in Itachi's line of sight. Itachi realized this and relocated Sasuke, there by catching him in it.

The Raikage was able to avoid the Amaterasu because it probably contacted the Raiton Shroud first, allowing him to actually see it and thus move his body out of its path.

So, SM Naruto has no way to avoid it. RM Naruto could avoid it because it would contact his shroud first, allowing him to see or sense it.

42. lamexu True leader of the leaf

That does make sence, but naruto in SM has enhanced senses so it could be possible for him to dodge it depending on the distance and how focused naruto is.

43. IpHr0z3nI Active Member

Because it is still limited by what the user is able to focus on....

If the user is unable to track you with their eyes; Amaterasu which relies on on the caster establishing a focal point is unable to summon the flames upon you....

Again one needs to re-look at how Raikage avoided Amaterasu...

X

Amaaterasu was being summoned upon the focal point of Sasuke's eyes.... However Sasuke's eyes was unable to keep up with the movement of Raikage.... Thus what he was targeting with Amaterasu, was the after image of Raikage....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0TeWe2vPnI

The anime doesn't show the after image but the jutsu performs exactly how I describe COUNTLESS OF TIMES....

It forms on the target, however if the target is quick enough to avoid being the focal point of the eye..... They remove them self from the location in which Amaterasu is being conjured up....

Amaterasu ONLY BEHAVES LIKE A PROJECTILE if it after it is summoned, and it doesn't have a target..... It then will travel in the direction in which the user is focusing on....

Thus it is instantaneous, as long as it is being CREATED DIRECTLY on the target, and it doesn't have to travel towards them as shown in the anime and the manga...

44. lamexu True leader of the leaf

Then my question is how did, raikage, dodge it if it was at him in an instant

45. -ScRaTcH- Naruto Warrior.

Son, nobody is using Amaterasu to try and kill Naruto they're using it to wipe out his 1000 clones.

46. lamexu True leader of the leaf

thats all fine and dandy, but that doesn't tell me how raikage dodged amaterasu.

47. felixng2008 Active Member

48. -ScRaTcH- Naruto Warrior.

Son, manga explained it....he was just that much faster.

49. lamexu True leader of the leaf

That makes sence, but how can you dodge something thats instantly on you. The amaterasu must move at a specific speed or it would be impossible to dodge.

50. -ScRaTcH- Naruto Warrior.

Son, scientists just discovered particles travelling faster than the speed of light......in the real world.In a fictional world everything is fair-game son.