1. Miss Akihabara 2017: Preliminary Round: Nominations & Qualifications (inc. Naruto and one piece).
    Is currently being held in the Akihabara district, visit the thread here to find out more.

Akame Ga Kiru

Discussion in 'Akihabara Library' started by Zaru, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Gemmysaur The Onii-sama

Happy because Chelsea the best girl is in the top 3.

#lollipop

2. HumanRage ShonenTard

3. DarkSlayerZero Well-Known Member

Mine must've dropped quite a bit after her whole vegetable fiasco.

5. Superstars Well-Known Member

A travesty. To deprive a gentlemen of this delicacy.

That's nice.

6. syntheticsound Zombie goast

Would be interesting to see the whole results of the manga poll. Like, if anyone at all voted for all those guys who appeared for one panel. Also, what about the dream match-up and favorite chapters?

7. luffy no haki Stronger than all

Not sure if shoudl be happy or find it weird that Chelsea is still so high despite having died so early on.

As for Mine and Akame, not surprised but still can´t understand why they are so high, some of the characters below them in the poll deserved thos ranks a bit more than em.

It´s fine over all though.

8. Bender Bite my shiny metal ass!

Agrees 100%.

At least in the anime Tatsumi wasn't totally fucked over like he is in the manga.

9. convict He who Greets with Fire Advisor

At the end of the day what sticks out the most is what a useless fodder Grand General Budo turned out to be.

10. DarkSlayerZero Well-Known Member

He was a waste. I had high hopes for him.

:gglife

11. convict He who Greets with Fire Advisor

I remember when I used to argue that he was Esdeath level :wellshit

12. Superstars Well-Known Member

Many had that sentiment, especially when the manga classed him on Esdeath's level. Too bad he was terribly written.

13. DarkSlayerZero Well-Known Member

Actually they hyped her to be on his level.

Edit:

X

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  14. Grimm

Indeed, it was the moment I cringed at in this manga...

15. syntheticsound Zombie goast

16. Superstars Well-Known Member

17. Vongola King The King

18. DarkSlayerZero Well-Known Member

19. SkitZoFrenic Führer of the Hentaiverse

Well, that ending at least wrapped up everything quite nicely.

Leone lived (as I had suspected), and got an even sexier final form, lol. Totally fuckin rocked the PM too. Disemboweled, then had him cut up piece by piece until his death. Get fucked. Sad that she still died in the end, but at least she managed to go out the way she wanted to. RIP Leone :(

Mein and Tatsumi managed to live together in the end (and apparently he knocked her up before this final battle even happened? lolwut. oh well). While Esdese is infinitely better than Mein, I'm still glad that those two were able to get a happy ending as well. Still, RIP Besto-Girl Esdese...you were far too good for this mediocre series.

Kurome and Wave got to be together in the end, and neither of them were punished (well, except for Kurome mentally). Pretty meh, but acceptable.

Also, lol @ Suzuka keeping Esdese's hand and living peacefully for the rest of her days :lmao Her S&M relationship with Esdese was definitely one of the highlights of this series, imo.

Sad that Akame didn't get to settle down at all in the end (and Najenda for that matter). Still had to mop up the remaining mess, and then sail off to find a cure for the Murasame curse. Please God don't let this be a segue into a sequel, lol.

Overall, this series was pretty average. Definitely had a lot of amazing moments for sure, but also...a lot of garbage and terrible writing, lol. Oh well, fun ride overall I suppose. Goodbye forever, Night Raid.

20. Drake WORK MAKES YOU FREE

What I don't understand is how Mine is married to a dragon... And it says they had "children" together, so unless Mine had twins that must mean she had sex with a danger beast.

Also that scene with Leone right before she died was surprisingly touching. She was never really one of my favorite characters but that was a nice homage to the beginning of the series and how it all started. It would have had more impact if Tatsumi had died, but whatever.

A pretty good series overall, and definitely worth my time. Still think the anime was better, though.

21. scerpers Heart of the World, Lord of the Void

i'm glad it's over. mine obviously took that dragon cock like the scum she is. shame it didn't rip her in half literally.

22. luffy no haki Stronger than all

Don´t think she took dragon cock, but...this manga can give you whatever comes to mind so can´t be sure. What also brings the question...she took a cock that probably was her freaking size or bigger? Dat Mine durability. :skully

Anyway it was okay, agree with many that Anime kind of ended better but over all was fine, would have liked to see the reaction of Tatsumi´s town people when they saw their hero was a freaking dragon and had a wife and children tho.

23. Claudio Swiss Well-Known Member

Meh the anime ending was better and was a bit more impactful but whatever.

24. SkitZoFrenic Führer of the Hentaiverse

Bleh, anime ending gave me cancer. While this was a far happier ending than I thought it would be (which is pretty uncharacteristic to me), it will still far more satisfying than the anime ending, imo.

Also, I noticed the "children" thing as well, so either Mein had twins, she had sex with a dragon, or...this is just Mangastream being shitty as usual with their translations.

25. DarkSlayerZero Well-Known Member

According to other people it's just one child however it can be translated either way or something.

Now IF they did have another child somehow would they have Tyrant characteristics? I wonder if they'd inherit Tyrant's invisibility since he should still have all of Tyrant's powers.

26. syntheticsound Zombie goast

From what I understand, Japanese language doesn't have plural, hence the child/children thing.

Anyway, final thoughts! I never went into AgK with high expectations, and in general it delivered as an over-the-top action manga. However, it could have been more interesting and there was a lot of missed potential for worldbuilding and character development. Overall, if it wasn't for Ran, it would have been just another manga series I've read, and not among the memorable ones. I won't compare it with the anime because of my Ran bias.

27. DarkSlayerZero Well-Known Member

Spoiler:
    X

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  28. syntheticsound Zombie goast

Edit: more thoughts.

- The fact that all it took to make the Empire perfectly happy was to kill all the 100% corrupt irredeemable evilbads in the government is absurd. I've said before that when it comes to minor bads, the manga is black and white, but this ending takes in up to eleven. Also, it makes it seem like Ran was overthinking things with his whole "change the Empire from the inside" plan. Poor guy never realized he lived in a world where many government officials were cardboard cutouts made of pure evil cardboard.

And as much as I dislike anime's portrayal of Ran, even there, he tried to be more realistic:

X

You were too good for this, Ran, too good.

- The fact that Akame has no place in the sunshine-and-rainbows new Empire is actually an interesting way to give her a bittersweet ending.

29. Weiss The Price Of Freedom Sure Is Steep

full dragon bestiality ending with a side of furry :catmako

somehow I liked this even less than Torikos ending (aka the conclusion to the final fight + last 2 chapters) and I already thought that could have been better

feels like forever since Ive seen a really good popular manga ending (since FMA ?)

oh well, it was still worth it just for Esdeath existing

30. Weiss The Price Of Freedom Sure Is Steep

Tats has a dragon micropenis which turns out the perfect size for Mine :catmako

31. syntheticsound Zombie goast

Was AgK ever nearly as popular as FMA though?

32. Weiss The Price Of Freedom Sure Is Steep

no, but If even I knew about it then its popular enough :lbj

also I consdier almost anything that appears on Mangastream to be at least semi-popular

aaand it got an anime ..

33. syntheticsound Zombie goast

Well, it's not very obscure, obviously, but it also wasn't popular enough to spawn a franchise. I mean, FMA has:

- two separate full-fledged anime adaptations;
    - some OVAs;
    - at least two full-length movies;
    - several video games.

That's off the top of my head. I used to be a huge FMA fan but I stopped following whatever came after the manga ended. And when it comes to AgK, we still don't even have the fanbook's full translations, and something tells me we may not even see the second one on the internet. Also from my memory, FMA's fandom has always been livelier in general (although, the fact that the first, early-in-relation-to-manga anime adaptation brought many people into it must've played a big role).

34. Claudio Swiss Well-Known Member

Well tbf I look at this ending as giving some of the cast a more happy ending where in the anime it was bittersweet and felt depressing.

35. syntheticsound Zombie goast

I'm a bit torn on this. On one hand, I do like bittersweet endings, which is why this "and the Empire was now 100% happy" doesn't sit well with me (it's also unrealistic, even for a fantasy story. Unless they also brainwashed people). But on the other, I dislike it when the drama is overdone (since it loses its impact on me). So I feel like the anime killed more characters than was necessary while the manga ended on a slightly overly happy note. But like I said, Akame's ending in the manga is a rather interesting twist.

36. oMeGa1904 Will of Hatred

AGK wasn't that popular afaik. I rely on the X. And at that time, AGK was arguibly at its peak. So to not even enter to the top 100 means it isnt that popular. I doubt there will be another adaptation. It'd mostly the same as the one before except some niche routes like Kurome's, Wave's. I will count Mine's fate the same except for the end cause the moment she died(anime) or went comatose in the manga, her contribution to the overall plot was the same afterwards. Only it changes the ending. At best one can hope for a Zero adaption. It's doubtful tho.

37. syntheticsound Zombie goast

Damn, I keep forgetting Zero exists. I wish it got translated since it has some worldbuilding.

And eh, I should write one final wall about why I love Ran so much, even if no one will read it, I need to get it out of my system at some point :catdespair But my ADHD is taking over again and I gotta play video games.

38. oMeGa1904 Will of Hatred

Tbh AGK sucks at worldbuilding it's not even funny. Just to put into perspective, do we have a name for the country? Do we have a name for the capital? Do we have a name for any village? Do we have a name for the northern or eastern clan? .......... If the answer is no then you have a problem. The only clan we have with something resembling their culture would be Partas Clan which was Esdeath's backstory. Everything else sucks in worldbuilding. You have electricity and candles in the same setting. Headphones, lollipops. It's like the author couldn't decide the settings for his own manga. So he put everything that is cool from feudal society combined with everything cool in modern society resulting in such a mess. There is a word to describe such works. X. Guns, blades, everything that obeys the X. I don't follow Zero but if they give some answers to this then they'd be welcomed.

39. Claudio Swiss Well-Known Member

40. syntheticsound Zombie goast

@oMeGa1904 Well, I'm not very bothered by the rule of cool as long as the series doesn't pretend to be deep and serious, but I agree (and I've said it many times before) that AgK could use much better worldbuilding. Zero gives some insight on the Teigu (from what I remember) and some bits of geography and other tribes that live in the Empire.

@Claudio Swiss I know, but he also didn't get to do anything meaningful. I actually think his manga fate is pretty well done (for this series).

41. Mei Lin 爱着你一生一世♡

Tatsumi virgin cum blast was too powerful
    for Mine

than dragon cock was nothing for Mine later.

Like most manga,it got ruined by the anime.

42. Morglay .

Hahaha, the children thing made the ending worth it.

Spoiler:

X

Minus points for the whole, kill the enemy - everybody happy thing, but he tried I guess. Akame going solo sets up nicely for a fanfic though.

44. syntheticsound Zombie goast

Oh, you write fanfics? Or do you mean in general?

45. Gemmysaur The Onii-sama

I did (tried actually, since it was my first time doing so), but I rarely get enough time to form a coherent one, so I only have 1. And yeah, I meant in general.

46. syntheticsound Zombie goast

I see. I used to write a lot before (and I mean way before, at school/uni), but now all my stories go at a very slow pace since I'm busy. I actually wrote a 18k word Ran fanfic but it ended up spiraling into complete insanity so I deleted it (shouldn't have tried writing after reading so much Lovecraft).

47. Gemmysaur The Onii-sama

No one should dare writing after reading so much lovecraft. That's just...

Anyways, cool. I tried writing a fic once, in which Tatsumi in WingedCursio form got Shambala'd (in that fic, it wasn't broken) to the RWBYverse and got mistaken for a humanoid grimm. Never got around to finishing it as I got bored halfway through what was supposed to be the first chapter.

48. syntheticsound Zombie goast

I love otherworldly horror. So I mostly write it anyway. But yeah, sometimes it's easy to overdo.

My Ran fanfic actually dealt with him getting stuck in a limbo of sorts (after his death), where he kept running into eldritch abominations and was slowly losing his sanity. It was actually pretty action-packed. But I decided it wasn't worth it because I felt like it was going into something way too depressing (there was no hope for Ran to escape).

I know almost nothing about RWBY but it does look like it could cross over with AgK pretty well.

49. Gemmysaur The Onii-sama

While I do love me some horror as well (most horror movies are meh to me), I kinda feel that Ran should get his happy end. I mean he deserves it.

Though, Limbo sounds a good way to come to terms with life or something, so that's a cool concept.

Regarding RWBY, well, there's monsters there called grimm, which is kinda like Danger Beasts, but more dangerous as they go out of their way to hunt humans for no reason at all, without care for their well being.

Relevant image
    Spoiler:

X
    X

They're typically black with white armor, and said armor is indication of age and intelligence. The more white armor, the older and smarter it is, making it all the more dangerous. Now imagine a humanoid grimm with full body white armor and barely any remaining of its black hide, attacking its own kind to save humans and can shrug off most everything, including nukes. That's gonna be quite the stir for the people.

50. syntheticsound Zombie goast

I don't see how fictional characters can deserve anything, as they're just tools for telling the story (ideally, the author's feelings towards them shouldn't really show through the story). But in my other canon (a mega-crossover story my brother and I have been putting together since we were young, though it's mostly not written down in actual story form), Ran does get a happy ending of sorts - he actually is brought back to life thanks to some ancient alien gods (albeit in a different realm/plane of existence, and he can't go back to the Empire), regains his powers (after quite a bit of struggle, and it's not Mastema, of course, but it is functionally the same, except without a Trump Card), gets a job and even a girlfriend (though she is borderline emotionally abusive; she was a pre-existing character). He also gets a puppy and fawns over it like a total dork.

I see, that's a pretty cool idea. Any chance you might continue writing it?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017