1. The Konoha Kennel is back! As a subsection to the Chatterbox, discuss your favorite fauna-related topics at a fun and laid-back pace. From animals to zoos, it's your one-stop destination for critter lovers!

[315] Naruto only 2x as much chakra as kakashi??

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by ansoncarter, Jul 13, 2006.

1. The Pink Ninja Infamous Cocksucker

I thought stats in the databook weren't relative to other characters?

Kakashi may only have a three for stamina but that still the three of Konoha's best Jounin.

Also bare in mind Naruto regnerates his chakra really fast.

2. Karma Thief Newbie

I think the Gamabunta summoning and the headbutt were Kyuubi chakra. Everything else was pure Naruto chakra.

3. Rikudou God of Logic

No, No, NO!!!
    When Yamato keeps kyuubi's chakra supressed, Naruto won't have to do that so the chakra he USUALLY used supressing Kyuubi, will be available to him again.

This is the whole friggin reason why Yamato made the speach about the Naruto's own power after the KN4 arc...

My translation says Yamato will be the only one supressing Kyuubi.

4. Codename: L Banned

Why is everyone making a fuss about this?

We all knew that Naruto's huge chakra/stamina comes from Kyuubi for all those years merging together.

5. Kagutsuchi In your milk, toxifying you.

I don't get it. Does suppressing Kyuubi's chakra give Naruto more chakra overall? :S

6. SaiST 鎧袖一触 Advisor

No.

[highlight]Again:[/highlight]

A controlled amount of the Kyuubi's chakra, folks. Meaning, Naruto using the Kyuubi's chakra without losing himself, without the chakra shroud coming forth, can wield 100 times the amount of chakra Kakashi has.

Only a minority on the forum have come to realize this, Pink.

7. Segan 100th Dan Brawler

It's kinda confusing, what Kakashi said.

He says, "if Yamato keeps Kyuubi in checks, then your chakra is 100 times greater than mine", which could be interpreted either way. Yamato has to suppress it then Naruto has 100 times more chakra which sounds unlogical. Or if Yamato keeps Kyuubi in a way Naruto can use without going in tails, then his chakra would he 100 times greater....

I think the latter is probably the true meaning...

8. SaiST 鎧袖一触 Advisor

* Sai gives Segan a box o' cookies.

9. Segan 100th Dan Brawler

Thanks ^^

But your post wasn't there when I was writing mine, so it's coincidence :amuse

10. SaiST 鎧袖一触 Advisor

You will still eat those cookies. And you will enjoy them.

* Sai shakes his fist menacingly.

11. Descent of the Lion What 0Fear has always been

If Naruto is stronger without supression why would they even need Yamato?

12. Segan 100th Dan Brawler

I already ate them. It was great, thanks smile-big

13. SaiST 鎧袖一触 Advisor

So he doesn't start sproutin' tails while kneading all of this chakra during this intense training, apparently. Might not happen, Yamato's only there for insurance.

14. Kojiro Ganryu Sasaki アルかわいい

Sai, that needs to be stickied. It seems a lot of people have adopted the belief that Naruto's own chakra is suppressed by the Kyuubi.

15. Descent of the Lion What 0Fear has always been

I guess.
    people need to start getting these translations right.

16. Gunners .

^^ You can not blame the translators, like a lot of them do it as fast as they can you should be grateful.

17. Segan 100th Dan Brawler

Well, the translation is a little bit too imprecise, so it's up to each user to interpret it in his own way.

But the assumption that Naruto would have 100 times more chakra without Kyuubi is a bit ridiculous...he isn't Wolverine, and Kyuub isnt the same as Adamantium...

18. Descent of the Lion What 0Fear has always been

I wasn't blaming anyone, just stating facts. Don't act like you would be fine with reading a screwed up translation cus you'll get a more accurate one just like everyone else. I am grateful but that doesn't change the fact that some translations could be more accurate.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2006
  19. SaiST 鎧袖一触 Advisor

Not in the way Naruto normally uses it, anyways. Common misconception on this forum is that any amount of the Kyuubi's chakra is "poisonous". I think people are forgetting what Yamato said about the Kyuubi's chakra during the 4th tail, how it far surpassed the Kyuubi chakra before in terms of quanity, and quality--and the spirit of malice behind it.

The latter is what caused the Kyuubi's chakra to act as "poison" to Naruto and Sakura. There was a very big difference in the Kyuubi's chakra that was drawn forth during the 4th tail, not just any smidge of the Kyuubi's chakra will have such effects.

20. pablocco Member

well in one tail mode it fucked his arm...but i got your point, i guess in kyuby base mode there's no problem

21. Segan 100th Dan Brawler

Agree. And besides, the Kyuubi chakra was only poisonous (and hurting), when it manifestated out of Naruto's body, and this was an extremely massive amount of chakra.

22. TicoTico Smexin-teh-Hinata

I agree with a lot of people :p

Naruto only 2x as much chakra as kakashi?? is not the right question to be asked - what everybody should be asking is 'zOMG how much more chakra than Kakashi does Kisame no Twin Towers have?!?!??' o_O

23. Segan 100th Dan Brawler

Don't forget that Kakashi is twice as old as Naruto, yet he has less chakra. Take out the Kyuubi, and look it in just a human way. Naruto is 15 years old and has two times more chakra than elite jounin Kakashi, who is 30 or something around this number old. Hey, we're speaking of Kakashi, the frickin' genius and probably the best jounin of Konoha.

It's quite a feat, if you ask me...

24. Kyuubi Naruto Hounds of Justice

Either way lets not forget Kakashi's chakra and stamina have increased post-timeskip. In the bell test he was able to keep the Sharingan on a great amount of time even without being an Uchiha.

25. Descent of the Lion What 0Fear has always been

Not to mention that chakra expands with excerise and experience, which Naruto will be getting plenty of simply making this jutsu.

26. TicoTico Smexin-teh-Hinata

What a coincidence, it's quite a feat if you ask me as well! :oh

I was expecting Naruto in his 'base-mode' could rival elite-jounins like Kakashi when it comes to chakra. Turns out he has atleast twice more than I had expected. What really impressed me in this chapter though, was Kisame's chakra amount when compared to Kakashi's - 30% clone already might've had more than a hundred times more. Did you now get what I was saying? ;)

27. tanukibeast bijuuslayer

kakashi probably said only twice as much because he didn't want naruto to be obsessed that he had more and he did say "at least" so.......

28. Naruto_Rasengan Banned

I agree. By no means does Kakashi have a small supply of chakara.

Naruto has at least twice as much chakara as Kakashi. This could quite possibly mean that Naruto has around 5 - 10 times more chakara at his disposal.

29. Gunners .

Him using it twice in an hour did it for me XD.

But yeh being 15 years old having at least twice kakashi's chakra is quite a feat if you ask me.

30. Segan 100th Dan Brawler

If you look this way, then Kisame would have more than 300 times more chakra than Kakashi...
    But to be honest, I don't think this is the case. Neji's words shouldn't be taken too literally, when he compared Kisame's chakra with kyuubified Naruto in the chuunin exam. That he didn't see such a large amount of chakra since Naruto doesn't mean Kisame has got the same amount of chakra as Naruto did in the chuunin exam.
    It's more like Kisame has an exceptional amount of chakra related to other high-level shinobis, maybe ten times as much as Kakashi does, and this is much chakra as hell...

Maybe I'm wrong, but who knows... :)

31. Naruto_Rasengan Banned

Considering his age this is a rather large feat in itself. On the other hand surpassing Kakashi through this training will be a equally, if not greater feat. smile-big

32. Dionysus Brandy and Death

Um... With the Kyuubi Naruto should infinite chakra, no? It doesn't matter how much he draws out, there's more in there. So, 100 times as much is quite small. Naruto's body gives out before he runs out of chakra, and this isn't what Kakashi was getting at.

If the Kyuubi was cut off to a trickle by Yamato it'd still be infinite.

Hm. Maybe Kishi's talking about a chakra current. In t seconds Kakashi can draw x charkra, and Naruto 2x. With the extra trickle, 100x. Or, Yamato allows Naruto to draw out a bunch, then is cut off. But neither of the two are what was stated, at least not clearly. Otherwise this is just retarded manga shit that doesn't actually make sense unless you don't think about it at all.

33. Dicdonya Im a little teapot...!

Im sorry, but there are just too many "hints" that naruto is super powerful, just hasnt brought out his own power, because of the Kyuubi.

This chapter, just added to that trend. I think it was meant to mean that if Yamato totally supresses Kyuubi to stop interupting Narutos real chakra, he will gain a large increase in chakra/ability.

Naruto is not going to use Kyuubi for a while, not in any form. Thats why Yamato is there, thats why naruto was shown telling it to go away, thats why Yamato told naruto that his natural chakra was amazing for being able to withstand the Kyuubi's chakra.

The story is obviously going in a direction to prove that Naruto is powerful, and that it is not all Kyuubi doing to the work. I totally believe that without Kyuubi chakra mixing with Naruto's chakra, that Naruto's chakra would rocket up, maybe to 100x Kakashi, and this upcoming training is going to prove it.

Edit: Oh yeah btw, for those talking about it earlier, Gamabunta was summoned by base naruto vs gaara. He didnt use kyuubi until the very end of that fight. :thumbs

34. SaiST 鎧袖一触 Advisor

Have you looked at X? It doesn't mean this at all.

Incorrect:

X

35. Dicdonya Im a little teapot...!

Well thats all great and fine to show me other peoples opinions. It doesnt mean they're correct.

Fact is we dont know what Yamato is going to do to Naruto. Supress kyuubi...but in what way? Fully supress it like he did when naruto went KN4, or "control" the kyuubi chakra so Naruto can utilize it. You can not possibly know from what was said.

I simply said that all the "hints" are going towards naruto NOT using the Kyuubi inside him at all, is what they are saying. Do you disagree with that?

Then we have Yamato coming into the picture to "supress" the kyuubi, just another indicator that Naruto is going to be doing this with his own power.

Im not saying anything other then I think that naruto is far more powerful without the kyuubi then we know, and now is time that its going to be shown. I am not speculating if its 100x more then kakashi, just that I think the idea that Naruto is going to use Kyuubi for this training I dont believe given the recent developments with Naruto and his thoughts about using kyuubi.

Also, for the gamabunta thing, we see NO indication that naruto used Kyuubi's strength to summon him vs gaara. I mean every single time he uses Kyuubi chakra there is SOME change to naruto. His eyes, fingers, hair, teeth, chakra tails, or simply just red chakra encompasing his body at first. We see NOTHING either before, during, or after to indicate Kyuubi was behind it. I totally see where KN was going with his point, but still no proof, just inteligent speculation.

36. Kyuubi Naruto Hounds of Justice

Sorry but I'm right
    Spoiler:

X

Look at his eye, it's a Kyuubi eye.

Naruto used Kyuubi's chakra

37. SaiST 鎧袖一触 Advisor

"other peoples opinions"?

[highlight]Those are the 3 of the 5 translators who have provided us with scripts of Chapter 315 thus far![/highlight]​

I do, since it has been heavily implied that Naruto will be using controlled amounts of the Kyuubi's chakra to assist him in sustaining Tajyuu Kage Bunshin no Jutsu for this training.

The whole point of Yamato's speech, and Naruto refusing the Kyuubi's chakra during his encounter with Sasuke, was to show that Naruto was rejecting the use his tailed transformations(where the Kyuubi's influence quickly becomes dangerously large). He's not going to avoid using the Kyuubi's chakra entirely. Using it in controlled amounts is not a problem, it's the chakra shroud that everybody's worrying about.

Yamato is there now to make sure Naruto does not lose himself to the Kyuubi's influence, to make sure the chakra shroud does not come forth while Naruto is kneading this immense amount of chakra, as stated.

You did not read KN's thread carefully enough. Naruto eyes had changed before starting the Kuchiyose(read the manga).

If there were any other traits to see after that, we couldn't see them anyways due to the fact that Naruto's body was covered with sand--not only that, we saw absolutely no changes to Naruto's appearance(not even a aura of the Kyuubi's chakra) when he summoned Gamabunta for the very first time.

All of this, in addition to the fact that Naruto used all of his chakra with the Tajyuu Kage Bunshin no Jutsu immediately beforehand, and that he met all the conditions necessary to use the Kyuubi's chakra in that instance(zero chakra, life threatening situation, emotions high to the sky).

38. superattackpea Member

but we dont have anyspecific value for chakra, say kakashi has 20 units of chakra and the average move takes 3units then in that case 40 units would be a huge improvement

39. S.O.T.R.S Sasori Of The Red Sand

wat yamato thought was that nobody in this world should have withstand the chakra of kyuubi(its evil)... it does not apply to the chakra shroud only.

wat for yamato say he wants to suppress the whole kyuubi completely in the last arc only to let naruto use it again in controlled amounts in the arc? it makes the last arc a waste of panel space.

yamato should have realised the very negative side effects of having kyuubi chakra inside naruto that he compelled himself to suppress it completely.

btw, the whole 2x/100x can be interpreted in 2 different ways.

40. 7thHokage The philosopher.

Naruto has his own ultimate chakra that burst out from time to time, for example duing his fight with Gaara, he used his chakra for most of the fight , he even summon Gabunta with it. Remembered he said his training finally paid off afther that. Naruto chakra is like his bloodline in away. Yamato said Naruto could control the Kyubis chakra because of his own immense chakra. Kakashi said that naruto's base chakra is about 2 times bigger than his now, but he can be 100 times more if he Yamato can stop the Kyuubi from intervening with the training.

41. Jo-nov Never give up!

I have a question related to this. In the offical 2nd Naruto databook, Kakashi's stamina stat was at "3", while Naruto's was "4", correct? Are we able to take a stat number and multiple/divide it in relation to how much stronger someone is in one catagory or another? In other words, can accurately say that Naruto's stamina has been boosted to at least a "6" in the stamina catagory, or that Kishi's stat numbers can't be calculated that way?

42. SaiST 鎧袖一触 Advisor

"This Kyuubi chakra here(during the 4th tail) is different than what I saw before, both in terms of it's quanity, and character. Most notably, it reeks of malice... With that kind of chakra wrapped around one's body, normally you'd... So why... Why is he still able to move... ?"

We've witnessed the chakra shroud damaging Naruto's body before the 4th tail before. This has never been an issue for Naruto when using controlled amounts of the Kyuubi's chakra, we haven't seen or heard of any such drawbacks. It is the chakra shroud that is dangerous, not just any bit of the Kyuubi's chakra.

Because Naruto's emotions were high, and Yamato called Naruto out on basically allowing the Kyuubi to overwhelm him. He said he'd suppress the Kyuubi's chakra right after that. Letting him use any at that point would've been dangerous for everyone involved, especially with them right in the middle of a mission.

This is different. Even though Naruto's going to be going through some intense training, they're in a controlled situation where Yamato can constantly keep watch over him. This is going to benefit him.

Not at all. Naruto swore off his tailed transformations. No more chakra shroud(which I still believe is "THAT jutsu"-- still taking bets, kiddies), no more rampaging around the battlefield like as a mindless beast.

At least, not for a while.

The arc served it's purpose quite well, allowing Naruto to develop as a Shinobi. He's still taking advantage of his Jinchuuriki powers, but not stifling his growth as a Ninja in the process. It's not a waste at all.

Review the translators comments. There's only one meaning there.

No he did not:

X

Aren't you glad I told you to make that thread, KN?

43. Kyuubi Naruto Hounds of Justice

Definately. It's being used constantly over and over again and I'm glad.

It's easy to pull out.

44. SaiST 鎧袖一触 Advisor

There you go.

45. Jo-nov Never give up!

Well, that was a short and sweet answer. :p

Thanks.

He probably partially reconsidered during this specific training because Naruto can still keep his mind and health if Yamato regulates a relatively small amount of Kyuubi's chakra. Even the 1-tailed transformation seems to warp Naruto's mind, though, so Yamato will most likely keep him from going beyond his tail-less form.

46. RockLee is no brethren unto Kaminae

Wow, this is a good thread. Here I thought it meant that Naruto could train to become a virtual chakra tank on his own, up to 100 times what Kakashi has.

Well, this thread cleared things up and things make a lot more sense now. A good bunch of my hunches were also confirmed.
    \