1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK
  2. Hey you

Yeah you!

Have you always wanted to impress Gordon Ramsey with your culinary skills?

Well you can't...

But you can impress the NF community by joining the Cooking Contest in the Bento Box!

And we promise we won't make you cry like him.
  3. Throwback Naruto : Hidden Village of Art has launched a new contest related to Naruto where Love and Spring is in the air, until next June 21.
    To know more click on the link: Spring Canon Pairings Drawing contest !!
  4. The latest NF Newsletter is out (June), read it here

222 Spoilers/Discussion

Discussion in 'Nanatsu no Taizai' started by Rai, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Inuhanyou I am the bone of my Sword

Someone else picked up on this a few posts up but..what if Elizabeth is far stronger than we know? Not just in her angel form...but her curse. She has died and reincarnated over 50 times over a period of 3000 years....who decides what she is reincarnated as? She could have been reincarnated as a demon, or a giant, or a fairy, or a human, or anything in particular. We see now that she can subconsciously use her original angelic powers despite her human body and quite clearly not being of the angel race at this point in time.

So if she regains her other memories of her other lives, does that mean she would possibly be able to use powers and abilities she had learned in her previous lives as well? Not even just regarding the race abilities, as we know Liz herself was a warrior who was Holy Knight level in fighting ability and swordsmanship. Does this mean Elizabeth would now know how to fight in general?

2. NoticemeEscanorsenpai A miserable pile of secrets.

Catdank Faction:
    That's pretty much moot because she was always a Goddess apparently. She wasn't reincarnated in any of the other clans besides the Goddess clan, and humans/druids.
    And I have a hard time imagining Eli picking up a sword and fighting like an Amazon princess.
    Besides it will completely oppose the way she was originally written, since she's supposed to be very gentle, which is basically what Nakaba likes in a woman. Isn't Eli based on his wife or some shit like that? :raiden
    The only thing I see is her unlocking her full potential as a Goddess/AoTG and even then it will only be to save everyone/stop the war, and not even to harm someone or protect herself.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  3. Tom Servo Pants Pants Pants Pants

Plot twist Elizabeth is the final villain because the only way to stop violence is dumb Kaguya bullshit :raiden

4. Inuhanyou I am the bone of my Sword

5. NoticemeEscanorsenpai A miserable pile of secrets.

Catdank Faction:
    Eli was reincarnated 50 times from 3000 years ago correct?If you do the maths she gets reincarnated roughly every 60 years.
    Even if we take into account the fact that she might have died abruptly like Liz, she'd still be able to live up to that amount, if she died of natural causes for example.
    Had she been a giant or a fairy she would far exceed that amount. 60 years seems like a drop of water in the ocean for those clans who are able to exceed the 1000 years mark.
    So it would greatly skewer the results,so it's less likely that she was reincarnated as a giant or a fairy because of that.
    Just maths really.

And even if she was it doesn't add up, because there's still the chance she could die before her designated hour, like with Liz. As for abilities, well I find it unlikely that she can master techniques she learned from her past, and she apparently even prefers to use Goddess magic.So what's the point, when she obviously has a strong affinity and inclination to Goddess magic that is pretty potent on its own?

Maybe it could have an effect characterization wise, but that's about it. Maybe she'll be more confident in herself and abilities, but her turning into a warrior seems completely out of character. We're talking about the current Elizabeth here, about how her character has always been written, as someone who wouldn't even defend herself like with Derrierie and instead protect others. You can't just ignore that completely and give her a completely new personality that is opposite to hers in various aspects. Even if it's that of her previous incarnation.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  6. Inuhanyou I am the bone of my Sword

But if it was written into the story that one of her incarnations was that way, it doesn't really matter how current elizabeth is written does it? I mean current elizabeth herself is only fragile and demure because she was raised as a dainty princess. That has no effect on whether or not she could become hardened to protect herself if she lead a difficult life like we know she has before.

7. NoticemeEscanorsenpai A miserable pile of secrets.

Catdank Faction:
    Not necessarily. Someone's character doesn't drastically change just because he witnessed his past life or something. Here we'd have to delve into the whole nature vs nurture debate, whether our personalities are defined from our environment or if it's something hereditary. Even if we argue that Eli was brought up as a "dainty princess" which she isn't (she took off on her own to find the Sins while wearing a rusty armor) there is the example of Veronica who is also a princess, and yet acts as a tomboy. And more recently there's also the example of Margaret who seems to not be as much of perfect little princess, and has a more warrior side to her (possibly). The point is all sisters come from a similar background, yet their personalities vary wildly.
    So not two people can have the same outlook on things, even if they were brought up under similar circumstances.
    It's more about keeping things consistent, which is why Eli's personality matters, she's the main heroine, not her previous incarnation. Changing her entire personality like that will surely upset her own fans, who might like her just the way she is. And believe me authors do take that into account.

8. Akira1993 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  9. Roadagain Goat's Sin of Lust Retired Mod

It'll end right around the end of the year, and I'd be willing to take a guess the new season starts almost right after, so...

10. Yak The Red Riot

Catdank Faction:
    Nice cover. Lately they have been a bit minimalistic, this is nice for a change.

@Roadagain: Not that I'm gonna rewatch the first season but the possible hint of the new season follow-up is quite nice, regardless of it mostly going to look like shit *coughA-1cough*

11. Roadagain Goat's Sin of Lust Retired Mod

I'm pretty much going to have to rewatch both seasons again tbh. Just so I can bitch more about how wrong it is.
    Because that's what I do, I guess.
    At least this time I won't watch the dub, so that's already an improvement. :maybe
    Actually, I never did watch the 4-episode thing as a dub, so I should DEFINITELY do that.

But yeah, it's nice to know my prediction for when the anime is coming was still accurate, as far as I remember.

12. B Rabbit OL's Best

So I haven't read the series. In over a year. Been meaning to catch up. Has Ban gotten his powerup yet? :-(

13. Roadagain Goat's Sin of Lust Retired Mod

Probably soon though

14. B Rabbit OL's Best

15. Yak The Red Riot

Catdank Faction:
    He's got a pretty crucial decission coming up, plot-wise, though, so that might be the perfect time for you to catch back up.

16. Zhen Chan Silver Spoon Coon Hoe

hes pulled out powers we didnt know he had like Zero sign and Hunter fest

17. Roadagain Goat's Sin of Lust Retired Mod

Well, kind of. I wasn't sure if those fell within "over a year" though.
    But they're not exactly power-ups, they're just new things he's done that he could've used at any time.
    In contrast, everyone else got their actual boosts, outside of Escanor, who doesn't need it, and Merlin, who also probably doesn't need it.
    Ban is a bit more open though. It's debatable if what he has is actually enough.
    Of course, he has a pretty easy potential boost in his Sacred Treasure, so there is that.

18. Roadagain Goat's Sin of Lust Retired Mod

Here we go again with a useless comparison. At least it's short. :maybe

To begin, instead of "The cursed goddess Elizabeth", we have Elizabeth, the cursed goddess". I'm just noting this because the latter makes it sound more like a specific title that she'd be known for. It's probably not the case, but whatever.
    After Merlin thanks Escanor for what he did, Escanor remembers her words about "Arthur being her one and only hope", as their chapter 220, which they finally have put it. By which I mean in THIS chapter, it's "Arthur is my wish", which makes no sense in this context.
    Instead of a dimensional distortion, Camelot is in a dimensional warp. Hm.

19. B Rabbit OL's Best

Mind you I am not int9 powetlevels. However in a shounen series were your powerlevel is important, it is crucial for your favorite character tp keep up. Especially if he is a fighter.

Though plot wise decisions for him being made is forcing me to catch back up.

20. Roadagain Goat's Sin of Lust Retired Mod

Gowther said he wants to stop somewhere on the way.
    Now, we don't exactly know where the place they're headed is, but if they were headed towars Istar (Which they aren't, but if King was considering that as the location, it can't be super far off from that), there's a certain village pretty much on the way.

It's time to meet Pelio.

21. Akira1993 Well-Known Member

Maybe they will start to add some part that was not there in the first season? But why not starting directly with the second season? I don't understand why they will re-start something in an identical fashion again ( except if they change some things like Meliodas vs Griamor and Pedio and Gowther, I'm OK ).

22. Yak The Red Riot

Catdank Faction:
    At which point exactly did you stop reading?

23. Roadagain Goat's Sin of Lust Retired Mod

Nah, nothing will change. At the absolute most, they'd use the updated versions, that is, the DVD/Blu-ray ones with all the fixes. Except that, as far as I know, they fixed nothing, so that's out.
    Remember, they already did a re-run before the 4-episode thing happened. They're just doing that again now.

24. Akira1993 Well-Known Member

Well, that is pretty lame, we will wait for 24 episodes before getting into the season 2.
    But it is better than nothing I guess.

25. Roadagain Goat's Sin of Lust Retired Mod

Well, we're not waiting. This isn't going to really affect any one of us in any way, y'know?
    I mean, even without a re-run, you'd still have to wait as long.

26. Tom Servo Pants Pants Pants Pants

What's wrong with the dub? It's actually just as good as the sub

27. Roadagain Goat's Sin of Lust Retired Mod

28. Tom Servo Pants Pants Pants Pants

29. Roadagain Goat's Sin of Lust Retired Mod

Also, I'm pretty sure the script is not right in several places.

30. Tom Servo Pants Pants Pants Pants

The script is pretty much the same. They tweaked the dialogue to fit the mouth flaps of the characters but the context in each dialogue remains the same and is directly approved of by the actual studio while the voice actors are handpicked by the mangaka himself based on english auditions of the characters being sent directly to him. Same thing with One Piece's Funimation dub and Naruto. This is pretty standard stuff to have the mangaka approve of the english VAs before broadcast.

It's kind of retarded to say that these guys are bad considering the following:
    -You have no counter argument
    -These guys have to be approved directly by the english studio, the producers of the anime and are picked by the mangaka.
    -The english VA's have more against them to work with (keeping the context of the dialogue but fitting the mouth flaps, having several forms of theatre and commercial experience. That's more than what you can say for most seiyuus who couldn't be paid to make a convincing reaction sound)
    -Considering the previous evidence you haven't even viewed the dub much less bring a convincing argument why it's even bad