1. The Konoha Kennel is back! As a subsection to the Chatterbox, discuss your favorite fauna-related topics at a fun and laid-back pace. From animals to zoos, it's your one-stop destination for critter lovers!

14 Year old Girl Flogged for running Away from Arranged Marriage (Video Inside)

Discussion in 'The NF Café' started by Kira Yamato, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Anime Enthusiast Administrator

Shelter tries to help abused child brides

X

Sadly, this is a reality in certain parts of the world that still treat women as property.

2. Vicious-chan Banned

I was gonna make a joke about how she can flog me anytime, but I think that's even beneath me for a joke :quite too young lolz (haven't seen the video so haven't seen what she looks like, nor do I really care).

In all seriousness, what a terrible thing :\ poor girl. Stupid ass backward countries still living in old times.

3. |)/-\\/\/|\| Active Member

I bet thousands other didn't get to run away.

4. abcd &#803

It happens in most eastern cultures... Though its illegal in many countries :(

5. Roy I'm with <b><font color="#ff6600">COCO</font></b>

Sucks. Too bad this is typical in some places.

6. @lk3mizt Active Member

thats fucked up :facepalm

God help those women...

7. Ennoea Red Light

Someone shoot the family, they have no sense of responsibility for their own daughter. Castrate these ungrateful fathers.

Pretty much most Muslim countries put together, the people have no spines to criticise the wrongdoings of their own people.

8. CrazyMoronX Old Man

More reason we should nuke 'em. The entire eastern hemisphere. :taichou

9. Ennoea Red Light

Its the old cods and their ignorance. But they won't change, and will go on to brainwash their kids and force them to follow in their footsteps.

10. colours ava by Big Boss

11. zuul Madarafag

that's the most digusting news of the week.

I really pity those poor innocent barely nubile girls forced by their own family to marry fugly and disgusting old pedophiles. :arg:D:

12. SlytherinRayquaza Oh,no,you don?t.

That`s kinda fucked up,poor girl. :geg

13. Arishem Be Like Water

If these people's culture and values were replaced with the West's, would anyone actually be able to say that anything of value was lost? Don't get me wrong; I'm not advocating that we should change them by force, but this sort of revolting shit belongs in history books. These sort of practices serve nothing but worthless tradition.

14. zuul Madarafag

Well, it serves old pedo men well.

*puke*

15. Ennoea Red Light

These people believe West is immoral and will bring down their traditions, sadly its just a case of Men, Fathers, Husbands and Brothers not wanting to lose control over the women. Thats what they fear, women actually telling to go fuck themselves and they can't have that.

16. Shinigami Perv Go Hawks!

This is Afghanistan. The fuck do you expect?

17. Ennoea Red Light

Except this viewpoint is shared by most men from Morocco to India.

18. Goova /

enough with the goddamn teenage chicks.

19. Miss Fortune I'm sleeping

Nothing more, a lot less.

Just from the traditionalists.

20. Sanity Check away fighting dragons

What about american and british women who convert to islam and move to that part of the world, because they like to be treated like property?

21. RAGING BONER Rape Culture Enthusiast

^ they're fools then because there are plenty of men in the west who would be willing to treat them that way if they so desired.

AND they'd be able to still have in door plumbing and decent healthcare...dumb bitches

22. rice m8 fk u

that is just too sad.

23. Rabbit and Rose Phantom adoration

Isn't it weird that we have alot of bad news about them lately?
    well we have for the past 10 yrs :lmao

24. Bleach Bleach

O_____________________o

Poor her .

Whats worse is that we have nothing else to talk about...

25. xpeed 案山子

This reminds me of the movie, "Osama" So sad for the females there.

26. Sanity Check away fighting dragons

Its not socially nor culturally acceptable, though.

Feminists would look down upon them for allowing themselves to be treated like property / inferiors. There also isn't as "developed" a belief system nor structure surrounding it.

Sugar coating in the form of "Allah says we're to treat women as inferior property" makes it so much more palatable and diverts the blame from women who get-off-on being treated like property, to some faceless, nameless, deity who insists it must be so?

27. Terra Branford Radioactive Vestige

Its weird, yet no one wants to admit that they need serious help. We need to prevent those stupid men over there from claiming women as property, the fucktards.

I think we need to do as John McCain said:

"Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran." :notrust

Supposedly, the Qu'ran (aka Allah) doesn't :)laugh) say women need to be taught to stay in place for any disobedience.

Those countries need to be taken over by smarter people and forced to see how fucked up they are, especially toward women and children. It seems the men are the ones gettin' the slap on the wrists over there. :mad

I should post what these sicko men think....Aye, I think I will.

28. Terra Branford Radioactive Vestige

Der, sorry for the double post. Posts were tooooo long.
    Spoiler:
    THE QURAN ON WIFE BEATING

Below are 6 English versions of the Quran verse 4:34. This passage lays the foundation for wife beating. I provided all these to show their similarity. These translations are all from recognized scholars. I have corrected some archaic spelling. My comments are in [ ] type brackets.

Men are superior to women on account of the qualities with which God has gifted the one above the other, and on account of the outlay they make from their substance for them. Virtuous women are obedient, careful, during the husband's absence, because God has of them been careful. But chide those for whose refractoriness you have cause to fear; remove them into beds apart, and scourge them: but if they are obedient to you, then seek not occasion against them: verily, God is High, Great! Rodwell[1]

['Refractoriness' means hard or impossible to manage, stubbornly disobedient'].

Men have authority over women because God has made the one superior to the other, and because they spend their wealth to maintain them. Good women are obedient. They guard their unseen parts because God has guarded them. As for those from whom you fear disobedience, admonish them and send them to beds apart and beat them. Then if they obey you, take no further action against them. Surely God is high, supreme. Dawood[2]

Men are in charge of women, because Allah has made the one of them to excel the other, and because they spend of their property (for the support of women). So good women are the obedient, guarding in secret that which Allah has guarded. As for those from whom you fear rebellion, admonish them and banish them to beds apart, and scourge them. Then if they obey you, seek not a way against them. Lo! Allah is ever High Exalted, Great. Pickthall[3]

Men are the managers of the affairs of women for that God has preferred in bounty one of them over another, and for that they have expended of their property. Righteous women are therefore obedient, guarding the secret for God's guarding. And those you fear may be rebellious admonish; banish them to their couches, and beat them. If they then obey you, look not for any way against them; God is All high, All great. Arberry[4]

Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in their sleeping places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great. Shakir[5]

Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whom part you fear disloyalty and ill conduct, admonish them (first), (next), refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance) for Allah is Most High, Great (above you all). Ali[6]

COMMENT ON 4:34

The introduction emphasized the husband’s superiority over the wife. 4:34 starts by establishing that precedent. The beginning states: men are "superior", men have "authority", men are "in charge", etc. Muhammad placed the man over the wife; he is her custodian and she obeys him. Then the Quran proceeds to lay out their respective roles, then lists a progression of steps to be followed when dealing with a rebellious wife:

1. admonish them: The husband is to verbally admonish her
    2. send them to beds apart: If that fails the husband is to sexually desert his wife
    3. beat them: If both measures above fail the husband is commanded to beat his wife.

The husband, as the manager, increases the pressure on his wife to bring her into obedience to him. If beating her doesn’t work they will move towards divorce. (Note that obedience to her husband is not required if he orders her to do something sinful, causes her physical pain, or something she is incapable of doing).

[NOTE: I placed Ali's version last because I comment on his, (and Muhammad Asad’s) translation and editing of the Quran in Appendix 1].

HISTORICAL BACKGROUND ON THE QURAN, 4:34

The reason (asbab al-nuzul) behind the "revelation" is detailed by various Muslim scholars. The quote below comes from Razi's commentary, "At-Tafsir al-Kabir," on 4:34

"A women complained to Muhammad that her husband slapped her on the face, (which was still marked by the slap). At first the prophet said to her: "Get even with him", but then added: "Wait until I think about it". Later on, Allah supposedly revealed 4:34 to Muhammad, after which the prophet said: "We wanted one thing but Allah wanted another, and what Allah wanted is best."[7]

THE TRADITIONS (HADITH)

The Hadith contains more information on wife beating in the early Islamic community. The Hadith illustrate facets of the husband & wife relationship and mention or depict physical violence against the wife. I will quote several of these to demonstrate the wife’s lower position in the marriage and the exact type of wife beating that occurred in Muhammad’s time, with his approval. In some cases due to the length I will only quote relevant portions of a hadith.

Here is a Hadith from Bukhari[8], vol. 7, # 715, that details Islamic wife beating:

"Narrated Ikrima: 'Rifaa divorced his wife whereupon Abdur-Rahman married her. Aisha said that the lady came wearing a green veil and complained to her (Aisha) and showed her a green spot on her skin caused by beating. It was the habit of ladies to support each other, so when Allah's messenger came, Aisha said, "I have not seen any woman suffering as much as the believing women. Look! Her skin is greener than her clothes! When Abdur-Rahman heard that his wife had gone to the prophet, he came with his two sons from another wife. She said, "By Allah! I have done no wrong to him, but he is impotent and is as useless to me as this," holding and showing the fringe of her garment. Abdur-Rahman said, "By Allah, O Allah's messenger! She has told a lie. I am very strong and can satisfy her, but she is disobedient and wants to go back to Rifaa." Allah's messenger said to her, "If that is your intention, then know that it is unlawful for you to remarry Rifaa unless Abdur-Rahman has had sexual intercourse with you." The prophet saw two boys with Abdur-Rahman and asked (him), "Are these your sons?" On that Abdur-Rahman said, "Yes." The prophet said, "You claim what you claim (that he is impotent)? But by Allah, these boys resemble him as a crow resembles a crow.""

Let's note several items from this Hadith.

1) A woman was beaten by her husband because of marriage discord. The women did not commit any illegal sexual act. She was beaten and bruised because her husband said she was "disobedient" and he thought she wanted to go back to her former husband.

2) Aisha said, "I have not seen any woman suffering as much as the believing women. Look! Her skin is greener than her clothes!

The woman was badly bruised. Her skin was green. Aisha acknowledged that the Muslim women were suffering (from being beaten) more than the non-Muslim women. Muslims today proclaim that Islam gave women rights but Aisha, the "mother of the believers" said otherwise! She said that the Pagan women were treated better!

3) Muhammad did not rebuke the man for beating his wife. In fact, he reproached the women for saying Rahman was impotent. Even though she was hurt Muhammad accepted her bruises and beating because to Muhammad it was not abuse. In Muhammad’s eyes she deserved the beating.

Following are a number of various Hadith relative to wife beating. Again, I have edited several of these because of length.

You can read the rest here:
    X

And choose to change it or not...but it is what it is.X Which is something very, very, very seriously, fucked up.

Tsk tsk. I think we really should do what McCain said :ho

29. Xyloxi Active Member

Bomb Iran? That's possibly the most intelligent thing you've ever said.

30. Terra Branford Radioactive Vestige

Why, don't thank me, thank McCain. :ho

:notrust:notrust

31. Xyloxi Active Member

I know you're quoting McCain, it's just that it's a ridiculous idea.

32. Terra Branford Radioactive Vestige

McCain don't think so. :hmpf

Of course, we free the real innocent people. The ones being abused, that is. Oh, and the children of course!

:hoho

33. Xyloxi Active Member

Then he's obviously going senile. :quite

34. Terra Branford Radioactive Vestige

Or maybe we're senile. X

35. Xyloxi Active Member

Seeing as I'm 17 I highly doubt I am senile.

36. Terra Branford Radioactive Vestige

Well, I'm 17 too, but we can still be crazy. Young people can be crazy, ya know.

37. Angel * ~ *

That's really sad.

38. WT #for the watch

The Quranic verse speak for themselves on these issues:

Its clear from this verse that people who take women by force become unbelievers because they are those who do not believe. Anyone who believes can not possibly take women by force.

39. Terra Branford Radioactive Vestige

Read the provided above, bub. X

X

Plus, we have Muslims saying they are suppose to beat their wives.

I honestly have no idea what Qu'ran you are reading...

40. WT #for the watch

Read my source first:

Spoiler:

Read the Source again.

Duh??!! You know the one which was revealed to Muhammad (pbuh)? :huh

And please instead of ignoring, please refute the verse I mentioned in my previous post.

41. Terra Branford Radioactive Vestige

The verses you provide are early contradictions to try and hide how violent they are. Right after those "peaceful" verses comes the horribly, disgusting, violent verses we come to know in Muslim religion.

Now please, without being biased or childish, don't ignore what I provided you with. Don't say its biased to get out of it.

The Qu'ran says what it says.

Sorry, hun.

42. WT #for the watch

Oh thats right, the peaceful verses are followed by the horrible violent ones. This is the general theme:

Peaceful Verse (to the nearest meaning): Allah loves peace, however, Allah does not love aggressors nor oppressors.

Violent Horrible Ones (which follow the peaceful verses, to the nearest meaning): However, if you find tyrants who are killing you, you have the right to fight back until this tyranny and oppression ends.

Blatent contradiction right?

Seriously, when arguing with you, I lose all seriousness and have to resort to this pathetic level to get this across your thick head but you still refuse to believe. You like to think that you know more than somoene who has been a muslim for 20 years, more than the greatest scholars, more than Muhammad (pbuh) and more than Allah.

You will respond to this by some immature smiley and then something along the lines of "bu bu you dont know what your takin about, hav you eva read the Quranz?"

I agree, but you are the one who refuses to believe that with statements like "What Quran have you read"

43. Vanity away fighting dragons

That's sick. :( I'm glad that I don't live over there. I hate places where women are treated like this.

44. Jin-E Active Member

Either combat these cruel and barbaric customs or prepare to be left alone and be fucked by the Taliban. Strip local government agencies and villages of foreign aid and funds if they do not reform or punish this behavior.

45. Terra Branford Radioactive Vestige

Sorry, whole post was "Bawwwwww! Baawwwww!"

I had no idea I talked like that. But here you are, you can't even spell words right. :laugh

Now let me show you what "contradiction" means, young man.

That totally screws up your "their peaceful! Bawww! Bawww!"
    I could go on and show you how wrong you are, but you'd just respond with a shitty post of the same verse over and over again, whilst I can give more than more. You have, what, six-ten "peaceful" verses whilst I have 100-2000?

46. Kei Has a very specific fetish

Poor girl, this probably isn't the worst thing that happens to the girls who run away and then get caught.Wasn't there a woman who got beat by her family because she ran away from a husband who was trying to kill her??

47. Terra Branford Radioactive Vestige

Yes, there is a case of everything.

Yet we never see the peaceful ones coming help.

How odd. :hmm

48. WT #for the watch

Oh no, I can't spell, BAWWWWW

Where are the contradictions? You've just regurgitated someone else's thing ... again?

You are basing all of this on the interpretation of 1 verse and 1 hadith from the Quran by someone who has dedicated his life to tarnish the image of Islam. That speaks for itself.

Show me, but have the courtesy to cite the source you are using (i.e. provide a link that I can click on and I will reach the place where you got that stuff from). Also show 3 verses before the supposed violent verse and the 3 verses after it.

Anything less than 2000 and I will be extremely dissapointed.

49. Kei Has a very specific fetish

We don't do we?? i mean they had the chance to have the right the vote but no women came to support the cause... I'm kind of worried about the women over there, they have poor education, lack of rights, and heavily opressed....

50. Terra Branford Radioactive Vestige

Reason:

Because if they speak out, the men beat them horribly: cut their ears, burn their face, cut them up, rape them, beat them, cut off their boobs.....

My grandparents and mother lived there. She's seen it happen almost everyday. Its really disgusting....

And the Qu'ran says that women are below men and that any disobedience occurs, at all, the men can beat them. Allah and whoeverthehelltheother is, says that women deserve it.

Yet this is ignored everyday. Its really disturbing.

I'm glad you agree its wrong.