Narusimu - Naruto Simulation - Naruto Forums
  • Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Outskirts of Konoha > Konoha Ad Board

Old 05-20-2013, 04:58 PM   #1
Vreg
Academy Student

Vreg is a jewel in the roughVreg is a jewel in the roughVreg is a jewel in the roughVreg is a jewel in the rough
Yondaime Narusimu - Naruto Simulation

Welcome to Narusimu.

At last, after many months of development since the first time I've had the thought of this project (September 2012), I present to you Narusimu.

The first and only 3D Naruto Simulation Game in the world. Not only that, it is also the first 3D Naruto smartphone game. The project has the goal of simulating the Universe of Naruto as accurate as possible in the form of a 3D MMO action RPG. It is currently being developed for web browsers and Android devices.

My name is Vreg. I am the only developer of Narusimu at the moment.

About
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

Back in 2012, I've wanted to play a free 3D Naruto simulation game. I am a big fan of the ways of Naruto's universe. I'm talking about the politics, the economy, the landscape, the way chakra works,... Watching the show was not enough for me. I had found out that Naruto games were out of the question, so I had decided to make my own. I'm a computer expert in many fields, so developing a game wasn't impossible. At the time, I had just started my senior highschool year and in Belgium there's this thing called a senior year integration project. This game I had in mind would be perfect for that integration project. And yes I'm in highschool, but one more month and I'm free from this hell.

So that's how this project started and became my senior year integration project. From September to December, most of the actual game development happened. From January to now, I documented the development of Narusimu for the integration project. The result was a book of 111 pages. Funny thing is, it only covered about 1/5 of the development. I also made some adjustments to the game and I made narusimu.com.

Obviously it's more of a project than a game right now, but that will change in time. Currently, the development team consists out of a one man army (me). That's why development takes time. Therefore, waiting until the game is finished before making a release, is very uninteresting. That's why I decided to release a new version of Narusimu after every couple of updates I make to the game. Most of these updates will be based on community suggestions. Suggestions can be about new content or about making changes to the existing project. Suggestions can be submitted in the Narusimu Suggestions board of the Narusimu Forum. If I like an idea or an idea gets enough community votes, it'll probably be put into development. It's safe to say that Narusimu is heavily dependant on it's community.

Simulation
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

The goal of Narusimu is to eventually become an MMO action role playing game. Unlike in those Xbox 360 and PS3 Naruto games, where all you have to do is 3 minute fights, Narusimu's goal is to make the player feel like he's part of some alternative reality, the Naruto universe. I plan to accomplish this goal by recreating that universe as accurate as possible. E.g. in Narusimu, you don't have to press a button to perform a jutsu, you'll have to perform the right hand seal combination first. The hand seal combinations for jutsus are based on the actual combinations we've seen in Naruto. That's just an example of how Narusimu is different from anything we've seen before.

Platforms

As mentioned before, Narusimu is only being developed for web browsers and Android. I want to do iOS development aswell, but I don't have an iOS enabled device and a Mac computer. It'll be up to the community to support me with donations, if they want to see an iOS version of Narusimu.

Multiplayer

Narusimu has the goal of becoming an MMOARPG (action RPG). So naturally it is being developed as a multiplayer game. I have a server design that utilizes our webserver as some sort of master server and lets the players host the actual game servers. This saves me from costs but limits our game servers to the power of average PCs. Dedicated servers that can hold 1000+ players at once will require donations (see below).

Donations

Narusimu does not generate any revenue. A project like Narusimu needs funding. It is simply not possible for the project to grow without money. That is why donations are essential for keeping the project alive and ensuring a bright future for it.

Here are a couple of examples on what donations will be used for:
  • Engine Upgrade
    Narusimu is powered by Unity Engine. Currently I have $ 1 000 worth of licensing, this enables me to do development for Android, iOS and web browsers with Unity Engine's basic functionality. If we ever want to use Unity Engine with professional functionality, we'll need to upgrade the licensing. What's even more disturbing is that my licensing only covers development with the 3rd generation of Unity Engine. Unity Engine is on it's 4th generation at the moment. Making the engine upgrade would cost $ 5 625.
  • Multiplayer
    If we ever want to consider real-time wars with 1000+ players, we'll need dedicated game servers. Unfortunately game servers are expensive, and expensive is an amount of money I don't have.
  • Google Play Store
    Getting the Android version of Narusimu on the Google Play Store will cost money.
  • Apple App Store
    Getting a future iOS version of Narusimu on the Apple App Store will also cost money.
  • iOS Development
    Development for iOS requires me to have an iOS enabled device and a Mac computer. Unfortunately, those are 2 things I don't have.
  • Premium Hosting
    The website and forum use free web hosting, this makes them slow and limited. If we ever want a fast website and forum, we'll need to get premium web hosting. This obviously costs money.

Copyrights

I am well aware of the fact that some day I may be confronted with legal issues with the owners of Naruto. This is unlikely though, since I'm not asking people to buy Narusimu. But even so, I'm developing Narusimu in a way that it won't take too much effort to break all connections with Naruto and free Narusimu from copyright infrigement.

Testing

Testing Narusimu can be done by anyone on the official Narusimu website.

Trailer

I've put a quick trailer together, demonstrating Narusimu as it is now.

Website and Forum

Making the Narusimu website and forum were a huge pain. But they're finally finished and ready for you to check them out:

Narusimu Website: http://www.narusimu.com
Narusimu Forum: http://www.narusimu.com/forum/

That's all folks!

Thanks for reading all of this! I hope I didn't miss out on anything, I'm looking forward to seeing the game grow.

Last edited by Vreg; 07-12-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Vreg is offline   Reply With Quote
NarutoForums

Old 05-20-2013, 05:16 PM   #2
Orochimaru
Densetsu no Sannin
Legendary Ninja

Orochimaru is absolutely basedOrochimaru is absolutely basedOrochimaru is absolutely basedOrochimaru is absolutely basedOrochimaru is absolutely basedOrochimaru is absolutely basedOrochimaru is absolutely basedOrochimaru is absolutely basedOrochimaru is absolutely basedOrochimaru is absolutely basedOrochimaru is absolutely based

Pretty cool, and looks like it has potential; though time is of the essence, since the series is coming to an end.

Orochimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:02 PM   #3
Strauss
Trying to think of a title
Special Jounin

Strauss is LuminaryStrauss is LuminaryStrauss is LuminaryStrauss is LuminaryStrauss is LuminaryStrauss is LuminaryStrauss is LuminaryStrauss is LuminaryStrauss is LuminaryStrauss is LuminaryStrauss is Luminary

Hey, this looks like it could be pretty cool. I'll be sure to keep an eye on it.

Strauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:08 PM   #4
Shaz
Gone

Shaz is RapturousShaz is RapturousShaz is RapturousShaz is RapturousShaz is RapturousShaz is RapturousShaz is RapturousShaz is RapturousShaz is RapturousShaz is RapturousShaz is Rapturous
Send a message via Skype™ to Shaz

dafuq son

Shaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:29 PM   #5
Drums
Doesn't want a Custom Title
S-Class Missing-nin

Drums is RapturousDrums is RapturousDrums is RapturousDrums is RapturousDrums is RapturousDrums is RapturousDrums is RapturousDrums is RapturousDrums is RapturousDrums is RapturousDrums is Rapturous

Seems pretty good, so far. Keep up with the good work and advertise it more around the web if you havent already so you may get more possible donators. I like this project and I'd donate if it wasnt for the fact that I'm pretty tight economically wise this period. Good luck.

Drums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:18 AM   #6
Vreg
Academy Student

Vreg is a jewel in the roughVreg is a jewel in the roughVreg is a jewel in the roughVreg is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawHeart View Post
Seems pretty good, so far. Keep up with the good work and advertise it more around the web if you havent already so you may get more possible donators. I like this project and I'd donate if it wasnt for the fact that I'm pretty tight economically wise this period. Good luck.
Thanks Trying to get the word out.

Vreg is offline   Reply With Quote