Fairy Tail Fan Fiction: Pet Peeves - Naruto Forums
  • Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Akihabara District > Manga Library > Popular Series Discussions > Fairy Tail

Old 03-11-2013, 03:36 AM   #1
Sedaiv
Ten Wizard Saint ಠಠ_ಠಠ
Legendary Ninja

Sedaiv is LuminarySedaiv is LuminarySedaiv is LuminarySedaiv is LuminarySedaiv is LuminarySedaiv is LuminarySedaiv is LuminarySedaiv is LuminarySedaiv is LuminarySedaiv is LuminarySedaiv is Luminary
Send a message via AIM to Sedaiv Send a message via MSN to Sedaiv Send a message via Yahoo to Sedaiv
Default Fairy Tail Fan Fiction: Pet Peeves

If you don't read fan fiction, you're lying. Everyone here has read at least ONE Fairy Tail Fan Fiction (the right answer had better be one of mine :D). But we know there's ALWAYS something that pisses us off or gets under our skin as it's a pet peeve. Ruling out bad grammar, bad spelling and poor sentence structure, what gets your goat the most in Fairy Tail Fan Fictions?

Mine it's usually the lemons. Not because they're lemons but they're so poorly written. When I read a lemon, I like to read some FILTH. I don't to read "Natsu's Sword" unless it reads "Natsu's life threatening pork sword". I don't read "Lucy's box" unless it's "Lucy's wet p-" Well you get the idea.

Another thing: ANY LEMON WITH ROMEO, WENDY, CHELIA AND GRAY. The first three NEED no explanation but why is EVERY Gray Fan Fiction, rather it be a lemon or not about, always have Gray as being gay? Okay, I'm not Gray's #1 fan (he has a LONG way to go before he's on Sub-Zero's level, if he'll ever get there) but I respect the guy enough to not make him gay. Sexually ambiguous is fine. But gay because he hasn't taken up Juvia's offers? It doesn't make him gay, just blind as a bat.

As for the first three people I named above. Why is it I can't read a decent fan fic with Wendy/Chelia where it's not simply stated they're lesbians? Is it that hard to fathom two young women being good friends? I can admit, pictures like the following can make you think the worst

Okay I might have taken a number of those out of context. But I'm sure everyone gets my point.

So what is every ones pet peeves of the Fairy Tail Fan Fiction Fandom?

Sedaiv is offline   Reply With Quote
NarutoForums

Old 03-11-2013, 03:44 AM   #2
Minato Namikaze.
Yondaime Hokage
Elite Jounin

Minato Namikaze. is CelestialMinato Namikaze. is CelestialMinato Namikaze. is CelestialMinato Namikaze. is CelestialMinato Namikaze. is CelestialMinato Namikaze. is CelestialMinato Namikaze. is CelestialMinato Namikaze. is CelestialMinato Namikaze. is CelestialMinato Namikaze. is CelestialMinato Namikaze. is Celestial

I Literally have not read one Fairy Tail Fan Fiction lol

Minato Namikaze. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:31 AM   #3
Sedaiv
Ten Wizard Saint ಠಠ_ಠಠ
Legendary Ninja

Sedaiv is LuminarySedaiv is LuminarySedaiv is LuminarySedaiv is LuminarySedaiv is LuminarySedaiv is LuminarySedaiv is LuminarySedaiv is LuminarySedaiv is LuminarySedaiv is LuminarySedaiv is Luminary
Send a message via AIM to Sedaiv Send a message via MSN to Sedaiv Send a message via Yahoo to Sedaiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minato Namikaze. View Post
I Literally have not read one Fairy Tail Fan Fiction lol

READ MY SIGNATURE~!

Old 03-11-2013, 04:34 AM   #4
Mist Puppet
NaNeNiNoNu

Mist Puppet is the kind of archaeologist who carries a gunMist Puppet is the kind of archaeologist who carries a gunMist Puppet is the kind of archaeologist who carries a gunMist Puppet is the kind of archaeologist who carries a gunMist Puppet is the kind of archaeologist who carries a gunMist Puppet is the kind of archaeologist who carries a gunMist Puppet is the kind of archaeologist who carries a gunMist Puppet is the kind of archaeologist who carries a gunMist Puppet is the kind of archaeologist who carries a gunMist Puppet is the kind of archaeologist who carries a gunMist Puppet is the kind of archaeologist who carries a gun

what in the world is a lemon (within the context of this thread)

Mist Puppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:39 AM   #5
Tenryubito
Lurks in the Shadows
Special Jounin

Tenryubito is CelestialTenryubito is CelestialTenryubito is CelestialTenryubito is CelestialTenryubito is CelestialTenryubito is CelestialTenryubito is CelestialTenryubito is CelestialTenryubito is CelestialTenryubito is CelestialTenryubito is Celestial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mist Puppet View Post
what in the world is a lemon (within the context of this thread)
Sex scene in fanfic.

Tenryubito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:40 AM   #6
Sedaiv
Ten Wizard Saint ಠಠ_ಠಠ
Legendary Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenryubito View Post
Sex scene in fanfic.
It's definition has changed to "Sex Fic" in general.

Old 03-11-2013, 05:47 AM   #7
Jad
|#[Dead Man]#|
Hokage

Jad est le sans pareilJad est le sans pareilJad est le sans pareilJad est le sans pareilJad est le sans pareilJad est le sans pareilJad est le sans pareilJad est le sans pareilJad est le sans pareilJad est le sans pareilJad est le sans pareil

I have NEVER read a fan fiction in my ENTIRE life. I can tell you one thing, it would be a cold day in hell if I read a Fairy Tail fan-fic.

Jad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:10 AM   #8
Nightblade
keepin it real

Nightblade is TranscendentNightblade is TranscendentNightblade is TranscendentNightblade is TranscendentNightblade is TranscendentNightblade is TranscendentNightblade is TranscendentNightblade is TranscendentNightblade is TranscendentNightblade is TranscendentNightblade is Transcendent

>fanfiction
Spoiler:

Nightblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:25 AM   #9
Sartharion
The Onxy Guardian
Jinchuuriki

Sartharion is RapturousSartharion is RapturousSartharion is RapturousSartharion is RapturousSartharion is RapturousSartharion is RapturousSartharion is RapturousSartharion is RapturousSartharion is RapturousSartharion is RapturousSartharion is Rapturous

I also never read a fan fiction.

Sartharion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:50 AM   #10
Vegetto
Caballero Zodiaco
Legendary Ninja

Vegetto est le sans pareilVegetto est le sans pareilVegetto est le sans pareilVegetto est le sans pareilVegetto est le sans pareilVegetto est le sans pareilVegetto est le sans pareilVegetto est le sans pareilVegetto est le sans pareilVegetto est le sans pareilVegetto est le sans pareil

What the hell is a lemon

Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:08 AM   #11
belkrax
King Of Imagination
Academy Teacher

belkrax is a paragon of hopebelkrax is a paragon of hopebelkrax is a paragon of hopebelkrax is a paragon of hopebelkrax is a paragon of hopebelkrax is a paragon of hopebelkrax is a paragon of hopebelkrax is a paragon of hopebelkrax is a paragon of hopebelkrax is a paragon of hopebelkrax is a paragon of hope

I have never read any Fairy Tail Fanfiction, but i actually like to read the things other people write. Is just that i prefer to read it when they make their own characters, not when they borrow characters from other series.

But wait wait. Now that im thinking i once read a AdultWendy X Mest fanfiction. So much for that.

Anyways i dont know what a "lemon is". ¿Care to explain?

And excuse my bad english.

belkrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:33 AM   #12
Tenryubito
Lurks in the Shadows
Special Jounin

Tenryubito is CelestialTenryubito is CelestialTenryubito is CelestialTenryubito is CelestialTenryubito is CelestialTenryubito is CelestialTenryubito is CelestialTenryubito is CelestialTenryubito is CelestialTenryubito is CelestialTenryubito is Celestial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dog Vegetto Pegasus View Post
What the hell is a lemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by belkrax View Post
Anyways, I don't know what a "lemon" is. Care to explain?

And excuse my bad english.
There are at times like this that I think people doesn't read the thread before they post. A lemon is a fanfic with a sex scene in it basically, or a sour fruit. And you are excused, I think my english is pretty bad as well.

Last edited by Tenryubito; 03-11-2013 at 10:43 AM.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:47 AM   #13
Vegetto
Caballero Zodiaco
Legendary Ninja

Vegetto est le sans pareilVegetto est le sans pareilVegetto est le sans pareilVegetto est le sans pareilVegetto est le sans pareilVegetto est le sans pareilVegetto est le sans pareilVegetto est le sans pareilVegetto est le sans pareilVegetto est le sans pareilVegetto est le sans pareil

Quote:
There are at times like this that I think people doesn't read the thread before they post. A lemon is a fanfic with a sex scene in it basically. And you are excused, I think my english is pretty bad as well.
Fair enough, I didn't read the entire thread. My excuse is that I'm at work right now. Now actually I knew that there were sex scenes in fanfics, I Just had no idea they were called lemons. Why are they called Lemons? . It doesn't make sense really.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #14
Tenryubito
Lurks in the Shadows
Special Jounin

Quote:
Fair enough, I didn't read the entire thread. My excuse is that I'm at work right now. Now actually I knew that there were sex scenes in fanfics, I Just had no idea they were called lemons. Why are they called Lemons? . It doesn't make sense really.
It's named after a hentai! Or "The term derives from the idea that like a lemon, sexuality looks beautiful and alluring, but when you experience it more directly, it's bitter and sour".
Pick your favorite

Old 03-11-2013, 11:01 AM   #15
Vegetto
Caballero Zodiaco
Legendary Ninja

Quote:
It's named after a hentai!
You mean there is a Hentai out there called Lemon

Old 03-11-2013, 11:07 AM   #16
Tenryubito
Lurks in the Shadows
Special Jounin

Quote:
You mean there is a Hentai out there called Lemon
Cream Lemon

Old 03-11-2013, 11:10 AM   #17
Blue
Unilateral Diktat
Retired Admin

Blue ist ein ÜbermenschBlue ist ein ÜbermenschBlue ist ein ÜbermenschBlue ist ein ÜbermenschBlue ist ein ÜbermenschBlue ist ein ÜbermenschBlue ist ein ÜbermenschBlue ist ein ÜbermenschBlue ist ein ÜbermenschBlue ist ein ÜbermenschBlue ist ein Übermensch
Send a message via MSN to Blue

Quote:
If you don't read fan fiction, you're lying.

Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:13 AM   #18
Lee-Sensei
The Clown Prince of Crime
Kage

Lee-Sensei is AscendantLee-Sensei is AscendantLee-Sensei is AscendantLee-Sensei is AscendantLee-Sensei is AscendantLee-Sensei is AscendantLee-Sensei is AscendantLee-Sensei is AscendantLee-Sensei is AscendantLee-Sensei is AscendantLee-Sensei is Ascendant

This forum is full of anime and comic book geeks. I find it very unlikely that none of you have even glanced at a fanfic. Very unlikely indeed.

Lee-Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:21 AM   #19
Blue
Unilateral Diktat
Retired Admin

Blue ist ein ÜbermenschBlue ist ein ÜbermenschBlue ist ein ÜbermenschBlue ist ein ÜbermenschBlue ist ein ÜbermenschBlue ist ein ÜbermenschBlue ist ein ÜbermenschBlue ist ein ÜbermenschBlue ist ein ÜbermenschBlue ist ein ÜbermenschBlue ist ein Übermensch
Send a message via MSN to Blue

I read a handful of Naruto and Bleach fanfics in like 2005 because one of my friends was a big fan and recommended them. Never found anything to keep my attention.

Not that there's anything wrong with them, mind you. Do things you think are fun and fuck insecure pricks and pretentious posers who pretend they're too cool to enjoy what you enjoy and then go home and play warhammer or whatever by themselves.

But assuming everyone reads fanfic is kind of a big assumption.

Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:31 AM   #20
Vegetto
Caballero Zodiaco
Legendary Ninja

Quote:
Cream Lemon
O wow ok lol, I'll make sure to check it out later. I'll get to see the source of these lemons