• Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Naruto Avenue > Konoha Library
Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 10:45 AM   #1
Arya Stark
valar morghulis.

Arya Stark is DivineArya Stark is DivineArya Stark is DivineArya Stark is DivineArya Stark is DivineArya Stark is DivineArya Stark is DivineArya Stark is DivineArya Stark is DivineArya Stark is DivineArya Stark is Divine
Send a message via Skype™ to Arya Stark
Default "The Chosen One" needs to man up NOW.

I mean, really? Really Kishi?

Why we don't see Naruto "seriously" dwelling on these questions, thinking about a real solution?

Even little Hashirama and Tobirama tries to find an answer in their own way.

But Naruto is not even interested in the current situation of world. His priority is Sasuke.

P.S: Priority. I mean he's saving the world because they're at war not because he wants to save. His mindset is : "I'll bring Sasuke back so I'll break the chain of hatred yada yada".

This just doesn't make any sense.Yes, Sasuke is a part of chain of hatred but this is nothing in the bigger picture.

When Obito put the problem on the table his answer was: "I don't care, it's your opinion, everything looks fine to me."

or

"Whatever happens we are shinobis, he'll live in my heart."

Hashi states the obvious: "So the only way to live as true shinobi is to 'die' ?! It's a never ending cycle of death but no one here can even explain why it has to be that way!...This ideal of shinobi you have built in your head is twisted and wrong! "

WHAT.THE.FUCK.KISHI.

Now it just seems like Child of Prophecy is made for keeping Naruto relevant to main story line.

His story feels the most forced, superficial one.

Yeah he will beat the bad guys but he won't have %1 of the Hashirama's maturity. It'll happen not because Naruto wants it but it's the flow of things.

Kishi plz give Naruto a fucking serious character development.

Because if I find secondary casts' plot points more interesting then the main cast we have a problem here.

p.s: I'll be very happy if he gains some character development on his own.

Last edited by Arya Stark; 02-27-2013 at 11:34 AM. Reason: editing the line about sasuke because people pick there for some reason
NarutoForums

Old 02-27-2013, 10:47 AM   #2
kagegak
Doesn't want a Custom Title
Elite Teacher

kagegak is an honorable bastion of truthkagegak is an honorable bastion of truthkagegak is an honorable bastion of truthkagegak is an honorable bastion of truthkagegak is an honorable bastion of truthkagegak is an honorable bastion of truthkagegak is an honorable bastion of truthkagegak is an honorable bastion of truthkagegak is an honorable bastion of truthkagegak is an honorable bastion of truthkagegak is an honorable bastion of truth

What are you talking about?
Since the war has started naruto has only been talking about world peace and not about sasuke

Old 02-27-2013, 10:48 AM   #3
Danzio
The Chosen One

Danzio is ElysianDanzio is ElysianDanzio is ElysianDanzio is ElysianDanzio is ElysianDanzio is ElysianDanzio is ElysianDanzio is ElysianDanzio is ElysianDanzio is ElysianDanzio is Elysian

Man up NOW or what? Will you beat him up?

Naruto is actually the most mature he has ever been.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:49 AM   #4
Arya Stark
valar morghulis.

Arya Stark is DivineArya Stark is DivineArya Stark is DivineArya Stark is DivineArya Stark is DivineArya Stark is DivineArya Stark is DivineArya Stark is DivineArya Stark is DivineArya Stark is DivineArya Stark is Divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzio View Post
Man up NOW or what? Will you beat him up?

Naruto is actually the most mature he has ever been.
It was more to emphasis on the immediate need of character development.

I hope he's getting there but seeing better built characters are frustrating me.
If you mean he accepts the system aka another step on becoming like Hashi's father, yes he is maturing up.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:49 AM   #5
Sarry
The guy sniping you out!
S-Class Missing-nin

Sarry is AscendantSarry is AscendantSarry is AscendantSarry is AscendantSarry is AscendantSarry is AscendantSarry is AscendantSarry is AscendantSarry is AscendantSarry is AscendantSarry is Ascendant

inb4 Naruto fans come in to defend him.

Yeah, the prophecy plot pretty much ruined Naruto and left him to be an superficial character, worrying only about everyone thinking the same as him. He'd even forcibly try to do it.

I guess that's why Sasuke is the one asking the questions.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:50 AM   #6
Fay

Fay is RapturousFay is RapturousFay is RapturousFay is RapturousFay is RapturousFay is RapturousFay is RapturousFay is RapturousFay is RapturousFay is RapturousFay is Rapturous

I think it's interesting that Kishimoto choose Sasuke to ask these questions and choose Sasuke to get the answers...I am curious as to where Kishi is going with this, keeping in mind he promised us more plottwists

Old 02-27-2013, 10:52 AM   #7
Descent of the Lion
What 0Fear has always been
Kage

Descent of the Lion is AscendantDescent of the Lion is AscendantDescent of the Lion is AscendantDescent of the Lion is AscendantDescent of the Lion is AscendantDescent of the Lion is AscendantDescent of the Lion is AscendantDescent of the Lion is AscendantDescent of the Lion is AscendantDescent of the Lion is AscendantDescent of the Lion is Ascendant

Naruto was on these questions WAY before Kishimoto made it a theme of the manga. Back to Zabuza arc.

Why do people have a short memory?

http://www.mangapanda.com/93-38-15/n...hapter-33.html

Learn your stuff, chief.

Naruto is now in the present trying to stop the world from ending. Forgive him for not rezing the ramen guy of pre-konoha times to ask him about how many people died before he could fill their orders.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:53 AM   #8
Senjuclan
Mori No Senju Ichizoku
Jinchuuriki

Senjuclan is TranscendentSenjuclan is TranscendentSenjuclan is TranscendentSenjuclan is TranscendentSenjuclan is TranscendentSenjuclan is TranscendentSenjuclan is TranscendentSenjuclan is TranscendentSenjuclan is TranscendentSenjuclan is TranscendentSenjuclan is Transcendent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagegak View Post
What are you talking about?
Since the war has started naruto has only been talking about world peace and not about sasuke
Naruto's talk of world peace is as serious as every beauty pageant contestant talk of ending world hunger. It is empty talk

Hashirama saw first hand how war ravages families. This instilled in him at a young age a genuine willingness to find an answer to a real question. Consequently, he devised a plan, though flawed to quell the constant wars. Naruto is simply doing what Jiraiya told him to do. His quest for peace is not genuine. He simply is trying to shelter Sasuke from being killed. He talks about understanding everyone but he never stopped to try and understand Obito. Ridiculous. Hashirama at 7 was much more self aware and introspective than current Naruto

Old 02-27-2013, 10:54 AM   #9
Arya Stark
valar morghulis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descent of the Lion View Post
Naruto was on these questions WAY before Kishimoto made it a theme of the manga. Back to Gaara in the chuunin arc.

It's called no follow up.

It's also called Characterization marches on.

His peace speeches are extremely superficial and naive, showing his ignorancy on the topic.

I hate how he's kept as ignorant to this stuff, I can't understand where Kishi is going with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senjuclan View Post
Naruto's talk of world peace is as serious as every beauty pageant contestant talk of ending world hunger. It is empty talk

Hashirama saw first hand how war ravages families. This instilled in him at a young age a genuine willingness to find an answer to a real question. Consequently, he devised a plan, though flawed to quell the constant wars. Naruto is simply doing what Jiraiya told him to do. His quest for peace is not genuine. He simply is trying to shelter Sasuke from being killed. He talks about understanding everyone but he never stopped to try and understand Obito. Ridiculous. Hashirama at 7 was much more self aware and introspective than current Naruto
YES YES YES

Old 02-27-2013, 10:55 AM   #10
mayumi
Legendary Ninja

mayumi has disabled reputation

Time of war where kids were being killed brutally like during hashirama times has passed. Do you see konohamaru and moegi and udan fighting in the war? Do you?

hashirama's plan was flawed. his village based system did not create a peace. Infact he was primarily responsible for the jin based system in villages. ok killing of kids stopped but kids form all villages have to take resposibility have having bijuus within them and living a life of hate. carry the burden for the village.

Seriously people just blow shit up like crazy every week.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:57 AM   #11
Arya Stark
valar morghulis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
Time of war where kids were being killed brutally like during hashirama times has passed. Do you see konohamaru and moegi and udan fighting in the war? Do you?

Seriously people just blow shit up like crazy every week.
> Naruto is given to job of giving world the peace

> He falls flat compared to others

> If he is not experienced than why give him such "deep" job?

> He needs character development.
my point.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:58 AM   #12
Oberyn Nymeros
Hokage

Oberyn Nymeros is CelestialOberyn Nymeros is CelestialOberyn Nymeros is CelestialOberyn Nymeros is CelestialOberyn Nymeros is CelestialOberyn Nymeros is CelestialOberyn Nymeros is CelestialOberyn Nymeros is CelestialOberyn Nymeros is CelestialOberyn Nymeros is CelestialOberyn Nymeros is Celestial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon~ View Post
Why we don't see Naruto "seriously" dwelling on these questions, thinking about a real solution?
he dwells on it all the time...its just that he's a simpleton.
Quote:
Even little Hashirama and Tobirama tries to find an answer in their own way.
so is naruto.
Quote:
But Naruto is not even interested in the current situation of world. His priority is Sasuke.
this is simply false. he rarely thinks about sasuke these days.
Quote:
"Whatever happens we are shinobis, he'll live in my heart."
I actually thought that was a really good answer. if you cant protect your comrades, keep their spirit going and endure.
Quote:
Kishi plz give Naruto a fucking serious character development.
he's had a ton of serious development.

I really dont agree with any of your bitching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descent of the Lion View Post
Naruto was on these questions WAY before Kishimoto made it a theme of the manga. Back to Zabuza arc.

excellent point.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:58 AM   #13
Sarry
The guy sniping you out!
S-Class Missing-nin

Sarry is AscendantSarry is AscendantSarry is AscendantSarry is AscendantSarry is AscendantSarry is AscendantSarry is AscendantSarry is AscendantSarry is AscendantSarry is AscendantSarry is Ascendant

Quote:

I agree with this!.

+reps

Old 02-27-2013, 10:58 AM   #14
Mansali
House Lannister

Mansali is AscendantMansali is AscendantMansali is AscendantMansali is AscendantMansali is AscendantMansali is AscendantMansali is AscendantMansali is AscendantMansali is AscendantMansali is AscendantMansali is Ascendant

Quote:

Watch as Hashirama himself proves you wrong.

Naruto has a genuine reason for peace.... I dont know where you got the idea that he isnt genuine?

He is still looking for a solution and I am pretty sure that not even Hashirama came up with a solution untill he was an adult.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:58 AM   #15
kagegak
Elite Teacher

kagegak is an honorable bastion of truthkagegak is an honorable bastion of truthkagegak is an honorable bastion of truthkagegak is an honorable bastion of truthkagegak is an honorable bastion of truthkagegak is an honorable bastion of truthkagegak is an honorable bastion of truthkagegak is an honorable bastion of truthkagegak is an honorable bastion of truthkagegak is an honorable bastion of truthkagegak is an honorable bastion of truth

Quote:

You and me both know that naruto will find the answer to world peace
Hashirama jiraiya minato and Nagato couldn't do it
And his quest for peace has become genuine after Jiraiyas death

Old 02-27-2013, 11:02 AM   #16
mayumi
Legendary Ninja

mayumi has disabled reputation

Quote:
> Naruto is given to job of giving world the peace

> He falls flat compared to others

> If he is not experienced than why give him such "deep" job?

> He needs character development.
my point.
But you admit hashirama failed despite his efforts, right? None of the bijuus have given a fuck about him. Hashirama might have been a great ninja but he seemed to not have much emotion for the bijuus. he like madara might have seen them as just monsters who have no brains.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:02 AM   #17
Danzio
The Chosen One

Danzio is ElysianDanzio is ElysianDanzio is ElysianDanzio is ElysianDanzio is ElysianDanzio is ElysianDanzio is ElysianDanzio is ElysianDanzio is ElysianDanzio is ElysianDanzio is Elysian

Quote:
It was more to emphasis on the immediate need of character development.

I hope he's getting there but seeing better built characters are frustrating me.
If you mean he accepts the system aka another step on becoming like Hashi's father, yes he is maturing up.
You mean like how he challenged the system before he could even defend himself like a pro? Did you happen to miss the whole Haku/Zabuza arc ? He did the same with Gaara. It was exactly the same theme as this week's chapter, and it was Naruto who stood up and took people by surprise, even Kakashi.

Also, Naruto had plenty of character development in this very war. He came to the much needed realizations that he might have to kill Sasuke, his previous obsession, to get him back. He's found out that he can not save every individual (needs help), no matter how strong he is, but that he can keep trying and that it's worth the effort as long as there's the possibility of peace. He wants to change the system, now with help from his comrades; who knows how it will end up, but since he's the protagonist I assume it will work itself out.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:03 AM   #18
Arya Stark
valar morghulis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
But you admit hashirama failed despite his efforts, right? None of the bijuus have given a fuck about him. Hashirama might have been a great ninja but he seemed to not have much emotion for the bijuus. he like madara might have seen them as just monsters who have no brains.
We don't have any information on bijuu part but I agree that he failed. Hence why ninja system evolved and wars went on.

You at least understand my point, danke bitte.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzio View Post
You mean like how he challenged the system before he could even defend himself like a pro? Did you happen to miss the whole Haku/Zabuza arc ? He did the same with Gaara. It was exactly the same theme as this week's chapter, and it was Naruto who stood up and took people by surprise.

Also, Naruto had plenty of character development in this very war. He came to the much needed realizations that he might have to kill Sasuke, his previous obsession, to get him back. He's found out that he can not save every individual, no matter how strong he is, but that he can keep trying and that it's worth the effort as long as there's the possibility of peace.
The last thing he said on the topic was "We are shinobis, we are meant to endure.He'll live in my heart."

aka acceptance of the system which is currently a let down for me.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:05 AM   #19
shintebukuro
Jinchuuriki

shintebukuro is Rapturousshintebukuro is Rapturousshintebukuro is Rapturousshintebukuro is Rapturousshintebukuro is Rapturousshintebukuro is Rapturousshintebukuro is Rapturousshintebukuro is Rapturousshintebukuro is Rapturousshintebukuro is Rapturousshintebukuro is Rapturous

Naruto is supposed to be a character that people can relate to.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:07 AM   #20
Descent of the Lion
What 0Fear has always been
Kage

Descent of the Lion is AscendantDescent of the Lion is AscendantDescent of the Lion is AscendantDescent of the Lion is AscendantDescent of the Lion is AscendantDescent of the Lion is AscendantDescent of the Lion is AscendantDescent of the Lion is AscendantDescent of the Lion is AscendantDescent of the Lion is AscendantDescent of the Lion is Ascendant

Quote:
It's called no follow up.

It's also called Characterization marches on.

His peace speeches are extremely superficial and naive, showing his ignorancy on the topic.

I hate how he's kept as ignorant to this stuff, I can't understand where Kishi is going with this.
But that's not true. It's been a constant thesis of Naruto character arc.

http://www.mangapanda.com/93-38-15/n...hapter-33.html

This is the earliest. Just because it happens in drips over time doesn't mean its not happening.

In fact, for a long time Naruto was the ONLY one questioning the ninja way.

Some character asking one question at one moment can't compare to a character constantly dealing with the problem.

Let's look at Hashirama. In his goal to stop children getting killed, he failed big time. As for Sasuke, we don't even know what his conclusion will be. Naruto, no matter how forced it seems to you, is the only character whose story has been constantly tied to the question, and Secondary characters are just now getting around to asking it.

Closed Thread