• Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Naruto Music
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Naruto Avenue > Konoha Library

Old 02-15-2013, 05:11 AM   #1
yellovvJack
Rookie

yellovvJack is a bearer of wisdomyellovvJack is a bearer of wisdomyellovvJack is a bearer of wisdomyellovvJack is a bearer of wisdomyellovvJack is a bearer of wisdomyellovvJack is a bearer of wisdomyellovvJack is a bearer of wisdomyellovvJack is a bearer of wisdomyellovvJack is a bearer of wisdom
Default How could Oro prepare Minato as an edo?

Kabuto showed us how edo tensei works. You need a living sacrifice, the dna of the other person and then do the seals. After that is done, the sacrifice becomes the host of the other peson's soul. When that is done the edo tensei body gets put into a coffin.

We know the third coffin Orochimaru summoned in part 1 was Minato, but how did he even get as far as getting to the part of the ritual where you put the edo in the coffin, when Minato's soul was trapped in the Death God?

yellovvJack is offline   Reply With Quote
NarutoForums

Old 02-15-2013, 05:35 AM   #2
LostInLogicError
Rookie

LostInLogicError is a glorious beacon of lightLostInLogicError is a glorious beacon of lightLostInLogicError is a glorious beacon of lightLostInLogicError is a glorious beacon of lightLostInLogicError is a glorious beacon of lightLostInLogicError is a glorious beacon of lightLostInLogicError is a glorious beacon of lightLostInLogicError is a glorious beacon of lightLostInLogicError is a glorious beacon of lightLostInLogicError is a glorious beacon of lightLostInLogicError is a glorious beacon of light

Indeed. During part I it was actually Sarutobi who stopped the coffin (apparenly Minato was summonable back then, judging by Orochimaru's reaction and all), only later Kishimoto retconned it because he needed an excuse for Kabuto not making use of previous Hokages and soloing the whole Alliance, I suppose. Too bad Kishimoto couldn't be bothered to make the logistics behind the jutsu fit with his recent retcon... but that's Kishi for you.

LostInLogicError is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:17 AM   #3
Chibason
Sofa King Gon
God of Shinobi

Chibason broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Chibason broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Chibason broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Chibason broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Chibason broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Chibason broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Chibason broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Chibason broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Chibason broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Chibason broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Chibason broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!

All we can say is that Oro apparently believed it would work until he tried to summon it on the battlefield, so he made a mistake. His preparation at that time may have been different than what we saw in later uses of the jutsu, who knows...it doesn't really matter, I wouldn't dwell on it, OP

Chibason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:33 AM   #4
IchLiebe
Da Sage
Jinchuuriki

IchLiebe is a guardian of the faithIchLiebe is a guardian of the faithIchLiebe is a guardian of the faithIchLiebe is a guardian of the faithIchLiebe is a guardian of the faithIchLiebe is a guardian of the faithIchLiebe is a guardian of the faithIchLiebe is a guardian of the faithIchLiebe is a guardian of the faithIchLiebe is a guardian of the faithIchLiebe is a guardian of the faith

Maybe because part of him was still in this world in Naruto. Only thing I can think of.

IchLiebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:51 AM   #5
Yuna
The Legendary Anti-Sakuratard
Hokage

Yuna is TranscendentYuna is TranscendentYuna is TranscendentYuna is TranscendentYuna is TranscendentYuna is TranscendentYuna is TranscendentYuna is TranscendentYuna is TranscendentYuna is TranscendentYuna is Transcendent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInLogicError View Post
Indeed. During part I it was actually Sarutobi who stopped the coffin (apparenly Minato was summonable back then, judging by Orochimaru's reaction and all), only later Kishimoto retconned it because he needed an excuse for Kabuto not making use of previous Hokages and soloing the whole Alliance, I suppose. Too bad Kishimoto couldn't be bothered to make the logistics behind the jutsu fit with his recent retcon... but that's Kishi for you.
Just because Sarutobi thought he'd stopped the coffin, it doesn't mean that he did. Why the fuck would there be an anti-Edo Tensei technique that magically stops coffins from rising out of the ground and why would Hiruzen know it?

Who knows what really happened? We can fanwank it, though. Maybe Orochimaru initiating Edo Tensei and then immediately put the Edos into coffins because he was afraid he wouldn't be able to control them all long enough to place the Fuda inside their heads without them just blitzkrieging him to death, so that he'd be at full stamina when he Fuda'd them.

Maybe Orochimaru's version summoned them inside of coffins. He placed the victims + DNA inside of coffins and then let it rip. Who knows.

Yuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:52 AM   #6
BroKage
Kage

BroKage is AscendantBroKage is AscendantBroKage is AscendantBroKage is AscendantBroKage is AscendantBroKage is AscendantBroKage is AscendantBroKage is AscendantBroKage is AscendantBroKage is AscendantBroKage is Ascendant

Maybe Oro's old ET had vastly different mechanics from Kabuto's improved version and the version Oro used after gaining Kabuto's knowledge.

Or maybe you can summon the bodies of people trapped in the Death God, but can't actually use them for anything.

BroKage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:04 AM   #7
New Folder
NARUTO
Legendary Ninja

New Folder is AscendantNew Folder is AscendantNew Folder is AscendantNew Folder is AscendantNew Folder is AscendantNew Folder is AscendantNew Folder is AscendantNew Folder is AscendantNew Folder is AscendantNew Folder is AscendantNew Folder is Ascendant

The coffin didn't appear in the manga as far as I know. @@

New Folder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:09 AM   #8
Cromer

Cromer est le sans pareilCromer est le sans pareilCromer est le sans pareilCromer est le sans pareilCromer est le sans pareilCromer est le sans pareilCromer est le sans pareilCromer est le sans pareilCromer est le sans pareilCromer est le sans pareilCromer est le sans pareil
Send a message via Skype™ to Cromer

Simples. Kabuto lacked Minato DNA, Orochimaru does not. Simples

Cromer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:56 AM   #9
LostInLogicError
Rookie

LostInLogicError is a glorious beacon of lightLostInLogicError is a glorious beacon of lightLostInLogicError is a glorious beacon of lightLostInLogicError is a glorious beacon of lightLostInLogicError is a glorious beacon of lightLostInLogicError is a glorious beacon of lightLostInLogicError is a glorious beacon of lightLostInLogicError is a glorious beacon of lightLostInLogicError is a glorious beacon of lightLostInLogicError is a glorious beacon of lightLostInLogicError is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna View Post
Just because Sarutobi thought he'd stopped the coffin, it doesn't mean that he did. Why the fuck would there be an anti-Edo Tensei technique that magically stops coffins from rising out of the ground and why would Hiruzen know it?
And why wouldn't he? If Madara who has no business knowing about Edo Tensei's mechanics unreastically knows the exact seals necessary to break the contract with the caster, why wouldn't the God of Shinobi and a student of technique's creator of all people be allowed to know about how to stop the summoning? Whether he succeeded or not, still I choose to believe he was competent enough to assess the situation properly. Just my opinion though, no need to go balistic about this.

LostInLogicError is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:25 PM   #10
egressmadara
Wanderin' About
Legendary Ninja

egressmadara is Celestialegressmadara is Celestialegressmadara is Celestialegressmadara is Celestialegressmadara is Celestialegressmadara is Celestialegressmadara is Celestialegressmadara is Celestialegressmadara is Celestialegressmadara is Celestialegressmadara is Celestial

He retrived the souls given that he was connected to the Shiki Fujin at that point.

egressmadara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:58 PM   #11
Big Bad Wolf
Boogeyman
Jinchuuriki

Big Bad Wolf is TranscendentBig Bad Wolf is TranscendentBig Bad Wolf is TranscendentBig Bad Wolf is TranscendentBig Bad Wolf is TranscendentBig Bad Wolf is TranscendentBig Bad Wolf is TranscendentBig Bad Wolf is TranscendentBig Bad Wolf is TranscendentBig Bad Wolf is TranscendentBig Bad Wolf is Transcendent

Oro obviously knew where the Hokage were buried and he apparently knows of every weak spot in Konoha's security, not that it was all that great to begin with. Him getting Minato's DNA were about as surprising as him being able to get Hashirama's.

Big Bad Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:14 PM   #12
Ninian
`

Ninian has disabled reputation

I always thought that when Orochimaru fought Hiruzen, that was his time actually using Edo Tensei; otherwise...

Ninian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:11 PM   #13
Skywalker

Skywalker has disabled reputation

I just chalk it up as one of those things that isn't supposed to make sense.

Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:50 AM   #14
Snowfairy
Newly crowned MILF
Examiner

Snowfairy is RapturousSnowfairy is RapturousSnowfairy is RapturousSnowfairy is RapturousSnowfairy is RapturousSnowfairy is RapturousSnowfairy is RapturousSnowfairy is RapturousSnowfairy is RapturousSnowfairy is RapturousSnowfairy is Rapturous
Send a message via AIM to Snowfairy Send a message via MSN to Snowfairy Send a message via Skype™ to Snowfairy

As far as I remember, the anime team took the liberty to write on the coffin that it was the fourth hokage, but the manga did no such thing. The third coffin doesn't appear at all.

http://www.mangapanda.com/93-122-19/...apter-117.html

"The third one didnt work it seems... Oh well.." I assume that's oro talking because the third hokage says "I was able to stop the third one" unless there is a better translation than manga panda.

Either it didn't work, or the third hokage stops it.

Either way it wasnt shown officially to be Minato. We assume it was, but strange for him to attempt knowing he was in the death god.

Who knows, he coulda been busting out Madara from the begining lol manga never shows for sure.

Snowfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:10 AM   #15
Orga777
I LIVE... FOR THE FOURTH TIME!
Jounin

Orga777 is an honorable bastion of truthOrga777 is an honorable bastion of truthOrga777 is an honorable bastion of truthOrga777 is an honorable bastion of truthOrga777 is an honorable bastion of truthOrga777 is an honorable bastion of truthOrga777 is an honorable bastion of truthOrga777 is an honorable bastion of truthOrga777 is an honorable bastion of truthOrga777 is an honorable bastion of truthOrga777 is an honorable bastion of truth

Question. When did it ever say in the manga or anime that it was Minato in that coffin? That makes no sense since Minato was eaten by the Death God. No summon possible at that time. As time went on and we see another mysterious coffin summoned by Kabuto in front of Tobi, what was inside? It was Madara in Kabuto's coffin. I have a feeling that it was Madara in that third coffin used by Orochimaru as well. Same coffin in general I bet.

Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:51 AM   #16
CM Pope
The Holy Father
God of Shinobi

CM Pope has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to CM Pope

The mechanics of the Edo Tensei hadn't been developed or explained yet

CM Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:37 AM   #17
Keile
You A Scientist?
Elite Jounin

Keile is LuminaryKeile is LuminaryKeile is LuminaryKeile is LuminaryKeile is LuminaryKeile is LuminaryKeile is LuminaryKeile is LuminaryKeile is LuminaryKeile is LuminaryKeile is Luminary

Perhaps Oro swiped a sample of Minato's DNA while the latter was alive for later nefarious purposes. It's entirely possible.

Keile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:08 AM   #18
Thunder
Disciple of Atlantic Storm

Thunder is ElysianThunder is ElysianThunder is ElysianThunder is ElysianThunder is ElysianThunder is ElysianThunder is ElysianThunder is ElysianThunder is ElysianThunder is ElysianThunder is Elysian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Question. When did it ever say in the manga or anime that it was Minato in that coffin? That makes no sense since Minato was eaten by the Death God. No summon possible at that time. As time went on and we see another mysterious coffin summoned by Kabuto in front of Tobi, what was inside? It was Madara in Kabuto's coffin. I have a feeling that it was Madara in that third coffin used by Orochimaru as well. Same coffin in general I bet.
We found out later that it was indeed Minato in the third coffin: [1]. Orochimaru wasn't aware of Shiki Fūjin's existence back then, so he wouldn't expect the summoning to fail: [2].

Orochimaru's entire purpose behind resurrecting the Hokage was to emotionally torture Hiruzen. Bringing back Madara wouldn't have accomplished that.

Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:15 AM   #19
wibisana
still newbie
Legendary Ninja

wibisana is Ascendantwibisana is Ascendantwibisana is Ascendantwibisana is Ascendantwibisana is Ascendantwibisana is Ascendantwibisana is Ascendantwibisana is Ascendantwibisana is Ascendantwibisana is Ascendantwibisana is Ascendant

your pint is Oro should have know Minato edo wouldn't work. yes oro apparently using edo tensei on the spot.
that is the best explanation and less plot hole(ish)

wibisana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:35 AM   #20
Orga777
I LIVE... FOR THE FOURTH TIME!
Jounin

Orga777 is an honorable bastion of truthOrga777 is an honorable bastion of truthOrga777 is an honorable bastion of truthOrga777 is an honorable bastion of truthOrga777 is an honorable bastion of truthOrga777 is an honorable bastion of truthOrga777 is an honorable bastion of truthOrga777 is an honorable bastion of truthOrga777 is an honorable bastion of truthOrga777 is an honorable bastion of truthOrga777 is an honorable bastion of truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
We found out later that it was indeed Minato in the third coffin: [1]. Orochimaru wasn't aware of Shiki Fūjin's existence back then, so he wouldn't expect the summoning to fail: [2].

Orochimaru's entire purpose behind resurrecting the Hokage was to emotionally torture Hiruzen. Bringing back Madara wouldn't have accomplished that.
Okay, I did forget that part. Point conceded. That just makes even less sense, though! Orochimaru should have been able to know the limits of Edo Tensei and that he can't use it on a sealed soul. Ugh. It makes more sense the other way... x_x

Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote