Batman vs Captain America *Hand to hand* - Naruto Forums

Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Go Back   Naruto Forums > Konoha Sanitation > Konoha Recycling Heap > Outskirts Battledome Archive > Comics Battledome

Old 10-19-2012, 03:46 AM   #1
Taka
Doesn't want a Custom Title
Genin

Taka is a guardian of the faithTaka is a guardian of the faithTaka is a guardian of the faithTaka is a guardian of the faithTaka is a guardian of the faithTaka is a guardian of the faithTaka is a guardian of the faithTaka is a guardian of the faithTaka is a guardian of the faithTaka is a guardian of the faithTaka is a guardian of the faith
Default Batman vs Captain America *Hand to hand*

Yes I could pick a better battle as I know the whole gambit of comicbook characters but, this is what we're getting. I'm thinking of a legit battle between the two best hand to hand fighters in Marvel and DC. Both are at the height of peak human physicality though Cap is a bit higher in that regard. Both men are bloodlusted and yes Cap gets to keep his shield because it's a melee weapon. Batman on the otherhand, does not have access to his utility belt because it's loaded with asspulls...which we all know to be true.

Scenario 2: Bruce has his Utility belt

FIGHT!!!

NarutoForums

Old 10-19-2012, 03:49 AM   #2
lucky
Wants the Custom Title.
Legendary Ninja

lucky broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!lucky broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!lucky broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!lucky broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!lucky broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!lucky broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!lucky broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!lucky broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!lucky broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!lucky broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!lucky broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!

lol so armed captain vs unarmed batman?

you're kinda mean...

Old 10-19-2012, 03:54 AM   #3
Taka
Genin

Taka is a guardian of the faithTaka is a guardian of the faithTaka is a guardian of the faithTaka is a guardian of the faithTaka is a guardian of the faithTaka is a guardian of the faithTaka is a guardian of the faithTaka is a guardian of the faithTaka is a guardian of the faithTaka is a guardian of the faithTaka is a guardian of the faith

I mean Bruce still has the batsuit. lol

I'll add a scenario 2.

Besides that utility belt is broke so, he can pull out ANYTHING for the win.

Old 10-19-2012, 03:59 AM   #4
Plague
I keel 4 fung!
S-Class Missing-nin

Plague is AscendantPlague is AscendantPlague is AscendantPlague is AscendantPlague is AscendantPlague is AscendantPlague is AscendantPlague is AscendantPlague is AscendantPlague is AscendantPlague is Ascendant

I think Captain America's superior strength and durability will win it for him.

Old 10-19-2012, 04:41 AM   #5
Nice Dynamite
The Gent
God of Shinobi

Nice Dynamite est le sans pareilNice Dynamite est le sans pareilNice Dynamite est le sans pareilNice Dynamite est le sans pareilNice Dynamite est le sans pareilNice Dynamite est le sans pareilNice Dynamite est le sans pareilNice Dynamite est le sans pareilNice Dynamite est le sans pareilNice Dynamite est le sans pareilNice Dynamite est le sans pareil

Batman hangs with David Cain, Lady Shiva , and Richard Dragon and by hanging I mean he doesn't get ass rape by either.

Stats wise Capt only has stamina on his side they equal in speed and strength.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:11 AM   #6
Taka
Genin

I believe Cap has the notch on reflexes and reactions.

Cap has been proved to rank up with the best of the hand to hand such as Wolverine, Taskmaster, Black Panther, and Thor.

Not mention Cap's shield adds that by giving him that ability to hit any angle seeing as he can ricochet it. I forget what internal features are within Batman's suit besides night vision and stuff like that. Like actual battle-ready stuff within the suit.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:16 AM   #7
Nice Dynamite
The Gent
God of Shinobi

Nice Dynamite est le sans pareilNice Dynamite est le sans pareilNice Dynamite est le sans pareilNice Dynamite est le sans pareilNice Dynamite est le sans pareilNice Dynamite est le sans pareilNice Dynamite est le sans pareilNice Dynamite est le sans pareilNice Dynamite est le sans pareilNice Dynamite est le sans pareilNice Dynamite est le sans pareil

None of those guys you mention can stand on even ground with Lady Shiva in terms of Hand to hand.

Old 10-19-2012, 06:43 AM   #8
Taka
Genin

Yet Shiva was defeated by Batgirl who still hasn't proved her weight against Bruce, nor Dick. Not to mention Wolverine's hand to hand skills are nearly flawless, as qouted by the Silver Samurai. In Marvel's case, they say he outpaces Cap which I can believe as par their fight in Wolverine Origin comic, Wolverine struck a vital point on Cap's back leg that caused an aneurysm and the fight ended after only moments later because Cap pushed him back and other reasons. To say Wolverine doesn't stand a chance is silliness to me.

But we're arguing outside the characters themselves when this boils down to Bruce and Roger's fight.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:46 AM   #9
lucky
Wants the Custom Title.
Legendary Ninja

lucky broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!lucky broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!lucky broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!lucky broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!lucky broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!lucky broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!lucky broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!lucky broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!lucky broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!lucky broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!lucky broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taka View Post
Yet Shiva was defeated by Batgirl who still hasn't proved her weight against Bruce, nor Dick.
Bruce says that she's perfect. Not good, or excellent, but perfect. Lol she essentially has sharingan eyes. U can't really lose to someone in your same weightclass in h2h if you have sharingan eyes. The ONLY way i'd give it to anyone else in a fight against her (bats, capt, human street fighters) is if they fought her in the dark.

anyway, on topic. In a pound for pound slugfest in a boxing ring, i'll give it to rogers after a long, long fight. They're essentially physical peers. But the serum makes roger's body more efficient-- it would count on the longgggg run.

drop them both in a city and i'll give it to bats.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:48 AM   #10
jetwaterluffy1
Legendary Ninja

jetwaterluffy1 is Ascendantjetwaterluffy1 is Ascendantjetwaterluffy1 is Ascendantjetwaterluffy1 is Ascendantjetwaterluffy1 is Ascendantjetwaterluffy1 is Ascendantjetwaterluffy1 is Ascendantjetwaterluffy1 is Ascendantjetwaterluffy1 is Ascendantjetwaterluffy1 is Ascendantjetwaterluffy1 is Ascendant

Cap's vibranium shield gets him the win.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:35 PM   #11
Lord Raizen
The Warrior God
Jinchuuriki

Lord Raizen is CelestialLord Raizen is CelestialLord Raizen is CelestialLord Raizen is CelestialLord Raizen is CelestialLord Raizen is CelestialLord Raizen is CelestialLord Raizen is CelestialLord Raizen is CelestialLord Raizen is CelestialLord Raizen is Celestial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosuto_and_Meshi View Post
I think Captain America's superior strength and durability will win it for him.
Except he isn't stronger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Doom View Post
Batman hangs with David Cain, Lady Shiva , and Richard Dragon and by hanging I mean he doesn't get ass rape by either.

Stats wise Capt only has stamina on his side they equal in speed and strength.
True facts.

Quote:
I believe Cap has the notch on reflexes and reactions.
He doesn't. Not at all.

Quote:
Cap has been proved to rank up with the best of the hand to hand such as Wolverine, Taskmaster, Black Panther, and Thor.
Batman is equal/superior to the bolded in all stats safe for stamina (in Logan's case) and in Thor's case.. just no. Thor is leagues beyond everyone else who's been mentioned in this thread.

Quote:
Not mention Cap's shield adds that by giving him that ability to hit any angle seeing as he can ricochet it. I forget what internal features are within Batman's suit besides night vision and stuff like that. Like actual battle-ready stuff within the suit.
Cap's shield slinging abilities will not help him against Batman. He'd be much more effective keeping it on his person at all times and using as a CQC weapon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetwaterluffy1 View Post
Cap's vibranium shield gets him the win.
Batman is a master of over 120 different kinds of martial arts, nigh every martial art on the planet. This includes a mastery of pressure points, which Cap has no resistence too.

Literally, Cap's only advantage is stamina.

Batman has the speed, massive skill advantage, and superior tactical prowess.

He wins at least 8/10.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:42 PM   #12
jetwaterluffy1
Legendary Ninja

jetwaterluffy1 is Ascendantjetwaterluffy1 is Ascendantjetwaterluffy1 is Ascendantjetwaterluffy1 is Ascendantjetwaterluffy1 is Ascendantjetwaterluffy1 is Ascendantjetwaterluffy1 is Ascendantjetwaterluffy1 is Ascendantjetwaterluffy1 is Ascendantjetwaterluffy1 is Ascendantjetwaterluffy1 is Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raizen View Post
Batman is a master of over 120 different kinds of martial arts, nigh every martial art on the planet. This includes a mastery of pressure points, which Cap has no resistence too.

He wins at least 8/10.
I though cap was supersonic as well? Or was I confusing him with someone else?

Old 10-19-2012, 04:27 PM   #13
Taka
Genin

Quote:

He wins at least 8/10.
Please don't try to pull that as Cap has been trained with multiple forms of fighting including many martials arts. Although a few of them have been identified, every discipline he was trained in is unknown and unclear. American Boxing, Judo, Aikido, and Jujutsu are the only revealed disciplines, but he has utilized various different techniques and methods from multiple others. Among these are various Gong fu (or Kung fu) such as Taijiquan, Wing Chun, various Shaolin arm methods which he incorporates for his shield, Chin na, and northern kicking methods, Capoeira, Muay Thai, Karate, Eskrima, and hand techniques used in Ninjutsu. Two of his best students Bucky and Hawkeye have been seen using at least one sophisticated hand technique from Ninjutsu that was meant for sensitive points of the body, confirming that Rogers taught it to them so, he also has knowledge on pressure points.....which Bruce has no defense against....actually no human has a defense for pressure points.

Cap is also extremely agile as he proved when fought Spidey, regardless of Spidey's lack of skill in hand to hand, Spider-man is still more agile then anyone.

Cap's senses outweight any humans which coupled with his reflexes that can react and dodge gunfire from multiple gunners as seen in the war comics (don't remember which issue). I've never seen Bruce dodge bullets but, in fact calculate the trajectory of the bullet and just get out of the way by the time you pull the trigger.

Tatical prowess? Bruce is a genius but, Cap is not stupid. He's a tactical genius in which he can create plans of victory in less then a second, and rapidly change plans within thirty seconds as such as changing his World War II crew's pre-articulated plan observing the approaching battlefield's variables, while commenting "the [original] plan had a hole the size of Iowa" which done within thirty seconds. Nick Fury even went on to state that Cap "learns new skills faster than a damn computer" which is highly impressive

Bruce does not out speed, out skill nor does he tactically outmatch Cap in combat. I will say that their strength, and durability are on par.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:13 AM   #14
Lord Raizen
The Warrior God
Jinchuuriki

Lord Raizen is CelestialLord Raizen is CelestialLord Raizen is CelestialLord Raizen is CelestialLord Raizen is CelestialLord Raizen is CelestialLord Raizen is CelestialLord Raizen is CelestialLord Raizen is CelestialLord Raizen is CelestialLord Raizen is Celestial

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetwaterluffy1 View Post
I though cap was supersonic as well? Or was I confusing him with someone else?
Oh he is, but Batman is as well.

Quote:
Please don't try to pull that
Don't try to pull what?

Facts?

Quote:
as Cap has been trained with multiple forms of fighting including many martials arts. Although a few of them have been identified, every discipline he was trained in is unknown and unclear. American Boxing, Judo, Aikido, and Jujutsu are the only revealed disciplines, but he has utilized various different techniques and methods from multiple others. Among these are various Gong fu (or Kung fu) such as Taijiquan, Wing Chun, various Shaolin arm methods which he incorporates for his shield, Chin na, and northern kicking methods, Capoeira, Muay Thai, Karate, Eskrima, and hand techniques used in Ninjutsu.
How does any of this counteract what I said? Being a major fan, I know what Rogers is capable of. It doesn't change the fact that Batman has mastered every single martial art on Earth. This is an explicit fact of his comic; this also specifically includes every combat form that you've listed and many more.

He is a far superior martial artist to Captain America.

Quote:
Two of his best students Bucky and Hawkeye have been seen using at least one sophisticated hand technique from Ninjutsu that was meant for sensitive points of the body, confirming that Rogers taught it to them so, he also has knowledge on pressure points.....which Bruce has no defense against....actually no human has a defense for pressure points.
First off, Batman does have defense against pressure points. He's a master of thier use in every known aspect, and can reverse their effects.

Second off, I don't recall it being confirmed that Captain America taught the usage of pressure points, and he's never used them himself.

Third off, even if he did and he could, the knowledge of a single pressure point based move is not going to give him an advantage against Batman. At all.

Quote:
Cap's senses outweight any humans which coupled with his reflexes that can react and dodge gunfire from multiple gunners as seen in the war comics (don't remember which issue). I've never seen Bruce dodge bullets but, in fact calculate the trajectory of the bullet and just get out of the way by the time you pull the trigger.
Then you not read anywhere near enough Detective Comics. Batman has more outright bullet dodging feats than Captain America and in dozens of different scenarios at that.

Quote:
Tatical prowess? Bruce is a genius but, Cap is not stupid.
Lol are you implying you have to be stupid in order for Batman to outsmart you?

Quote:
He's a tactical genius in which he can create plans of victory in less then a second,
That's cute.

The Flash can out think futuritic super computers, and Batman is faster still. There is no comparing the mind of Bruce Wayne with any earth born marvel character short of Victor Von Doom or Reed Richards.

In terms of actual thought speed Batman is far superior to Cap and he has more experience training/fighting than Cap does as well.

[quote=Taka;44911899]Bruce does not out speed, out skill nor does he tactically outmatch Cap in combat.

Except, he does. In all of those things.

Last edited by Lord Raizen; 10-21-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:00 AM   #15
FireEel
is infected by ponies.
S-Class Missing-nin

FireEel is CelestialFireEel is CelestialFireEel is CelestialFireEel is CelestialFireEel is CelestialFireEel is CelestialFireEel is CelestialFireEel is CelestialFireEel is CelestialFireEel is CelestialFireEel is Celestial

Quote:
The Flash can out think futuritic super computers, and Batman is faster still. There is no comparing the mind of Bruce Wayne with any earth born marvel character short of Victor Von Doom or Reed Richards.
Not true.

Tony Stark, Peter Parker(assuming hes allowed to reach full potential), Bruce Banner and Henry Pym can all match Batman in wits.

Old 10-21-2012, 04:47 PM   #16
jetwaterluffy1
Legendary Ninja

Quote:
Oh he is, but Batman is as well.
Yeah, and that makes them equal in speed, except that captain america also has a shield that can take planet-level blasts and is pretty destructive compared to a character like batman.

Old 10-21-2012, 05:08 PM   #17
Tacocat
No. 1 Hero!

Tacocat is TranscendentTacocat is TranscendentTacocat is TranscendentTacocat is TranscendentTacocat is TranscendentTacocat is TranscendentTacocat is TranscendentTacocat is TranscendentTacocat is TranscendentTacocat is TranscendentTacocat is Transcendent

Quote:
The Flash can out think futuritic super computers, and Batman is faster still.
Eh, not very sold on that one.

Last edited by Tacocat; 10-22-2012 at 12:25 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:06 PM   #18
Nice Dynamite
The Gent
God of Shinobi

Listen Richard Dragon , Lady Shiva (The one that is not dumb down by plot ) , Cassandra Cain and Bronze Tiger can literally bend Capt over in a straight up plot. Batman can stand on even ground because he is what we call a well balance Fighter.

Tony Stark and Peter Parker has shit skills in tactics or strategy compared to Batman. Infact the only person that can compare on Marvel Earth is Victor Von Doom. Half of Marvel geniuses are science or engineering book smart type of geniuses.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:07 AM   #19
darthgoober
Rookie

darthgoober is a bearer of wisdomdarthgoober is a bearer of wisdomdarthgoober is a bearer of wisdomdarthgoober is a bearer of wisdomdarthgoober is a bearer of wisdomdarthgoober is a bearer of wisdomdarthgoober is a bearer of wisdomdarthgoober is a bearer of wisdomdarthgoober is a bearer of wisdom

Quote:
How does any of this counteract what I said? Being a major fan, I know what Rogers is capable of. It doesn't change the fact that Batman has mastered every single martial art on Earth. This is an explicit fact of his comic; this also specifically includes every combat form that you've listed and many more.

He is a far superior martial artist to Captain America.
How does that make Batman a better fighter when Cap knew form of fighting known to man before he was frozen the first time around?

Quote:
First off, Batman does have defense against pressure points. He's a master of thier use in every known aspect, and can reverse their effects.

Second off, I don't recall it being confirmed that Captain America taught the usage of pressure points, and he's never used them himself.

Third off, even if he did and he could, the knowledge of a single pressure point based move is not going to give him an advantage against Batman. At all.
Not sure about confirmation of him teaching them, but Cap's used pressure points on multiple occasions, I doubt Bats has any major advantage there(if he has one at all).

Quote:
Then you not read anywhere near enough Detective Comics. Batman has more outright bullet dodging feats than Captain America and in dozens of different scenarios at that.
I seriously doubt that. For every bullet dodging feat you post from Bats, I'll bet I can post one of approximately equal value. What's more, I could probably do the same in regards to Daredevil, and Daredevil has flat out said that Cap was faster. Has Bats ever been labled as faster than someone who can match Cap's top feats?

Quote:
That's cute.

In terms of actual thought speed Batman is far superior to Cap and he has more experience training/fighting than Cap does as well.
You really believe that Batman thinks faster than the Flash?

Also, there's a difference between intelligence and edjucation. Batman knowing more stuff doesn't mean his brain's all around better for any situation or necessarily works faster, especially in regards to how it plays out in combat. Cap's been noted as learning in hours styles of fighting that take others years to master, he's plenty smart in regards to things that can/would have meaning in a fight. That's probably why Supes put Cap in charge of the final battle in JLA/Avengers.

Quote:
Except, he does. In all of those things.
He really doesn't. If anything, at least a slight edge would go to Cap in EVERY physical category and tactics.

Old 10-22-2012, 11:06 AM   #20
jetwaterluffy1
Legendary Ninja

Wait are we arguing captain america is smarter than batman now?