Dragon wouldn't save Luffy if he was being executed at Marineford - Naruto Forums
  • Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > One Piece Avenue > Ohara Library

Old 05-12-2012, 07:24 AM   #1
KaaN10

KaaN10 is CelestialKaaN10 is CelestialKaaN10 is CelestialKaaN10 is CelestialKaaN10 is CelestialKaaN10 is CelestialKaaN10 is CelestialKaaN10 is CelestialKaaN10 is CelestialKaaN10 is CelestialKaaN10 is Celestial
Default Dragon wouldn't save Luffy if he was being executed at Marineford

As absurd as it sounds I don't believe Dragon would save Luffy if he was going to be executed at Marineford.

Reason 1
The Revolutionaries aren't ready to take the fight to the World Government. Dragon isn't a man that would waste his Military forces just to save his son. If Dragon brings his forces to Marineford then the World Government will capture there territory and everything they've done since the start will have been useless.

Reason 2
Dragon is too important. If he dies at Marineford then the Revolutionaries will have no one to lead them and fall apart. Dragon wont risk going there and dieing which is likely since the Admirals will do anything to take his head. It will be a short term pain (Luffy) for a long term gain (overthrowing the World Government).

Reason 3
He doesn't like to interfere with Luffy's life. Sure, he saved him at Loguetown but that's a piece of cake compared to saving someone from Marineford. He knew Luffy would go to Marineford to save ace and didn't interfere and I don't think he would if Luffy was the one being executed.

Last edited by KaaN10; 12-26-2012 at 08:35 AM.
KaaN10 is offline   Reply With Quote
NarutoForums

Old 05-12-2012, 07:30 AM   #2
Viper
█▬█ █ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀
Kage

Viper is a loser I can't hate!Viper is a loser I can't hate!Viper is a loser I can't hate!Viper is a loser I can't hate!Viper is a loser I can't hate!Viper is a loser I can't hate!Viper is a loser I can't hate!Viper is a loser I can't hate!Viper is a loser I can't hate!Viper is a loser I can't hate!Viper is a loser I can't hate!

It's too early on to predict what kind of man Dragon is but he clearly cares for his son. Who knows, maybe he was prepared to take all risks just to keep his son alive.

Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:40 AM   #3
KaaN10

KaaN10 is CelestialKaaN10 is CelestialKaaN10 is CelestialKaaN10 is CelestialKaaN10 is CelestialKaaN10 is CelestialKaaN10 is CelestialKaaN10 is CelestialKaaN10 is CelestialKaaN10 is CelestialKaaN10 is Celestial

No doubt he cares about his son but from what we've seen so far Dragon is a smart man. Starting a war with the World Government when you aren't ready and have territory to defend doesn't sound like a decision Dragon would make.

Revolutionaries vs World Government is a tactical battle right now, not an all out war.

Old 05-12-2012, 07:50 AM   #4
Viper
█▬█ █ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀
Kage

Viper is a loser I can't hate!Viper is a loser I can't hate!Viper is a loser I can't hate!Viper is a loser I can't hate!Viper is a loser I can't hate!Viper is a loser I can't hate!Viper is a loser I can't hate!Viper is a loser I can't hate!Viper is a loser I can't hate!Viper is a loser I can't hate!Viper is a loser I can't hate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaN23 View Post
No doubt he cares about his son but from what we've seen so far Dragon is a smart man. Starting a war with the World Government when you aren't ready and have territory to defend doesn't sound like a decision Dragon would make.

Revolutionaries vs World Government is a tactical battle right now, not an all out war.
He might use other means of attack. Knowing Dragon I'm sure he has thousands of allies. He would be willing to start a war but not as directly as WB. Rather than just a battle like Marineford, this would actually be a "war" (series of battles) with retreating, tactics, and the General (Dragon) only making his move when necessary while only giving out orders. They would eventually find a way to save Luffy without too much bloodshed on both sides (as stupid as it sounds).

Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:00 AM   #5
Battousai
MangSlayer
Kage

Battousai has disabled reputation

You sayin' Dragon is a selfish bastard?

no. not now, we can't tell it

Battousai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:26 AM   #6
KaaN10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperXRockwave View Post
He might use other means of attack. Knowing Dragon I'm sure he has thousands of allies. He would be willing to start a war but not as directly as WB. Rather than just a battle like Marineford, this would actually be a "war" (series of battles) with retreating, tactics, and the General (Dragon) only making his move when necessary while only giving out orders. They would eventually find a way to save Luffy without too much bloodshed on both sides (as stupid as it sounds).
You're underrating the World Government here, there is no way to rescue Luffy without committing all of your forces. Just look at what Whitebeard had to bring there and it wasn't even close to being enough.

Besides there's a time for the execution, the war you're talking about would be more suited for something like the final war, not when you need to rescue someone within a time limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raijin Flare View Post
You sayin' Dragon is a selfish bastard
Saving Luffy would be the selfish thing to do.

Overthrowing the World Government will save much more lives in the long run.

Old 05-12-2012, 08:32 AM   #7
DoflaMihawk
Blind Bandit
God of Shinobi

DoflaMihawk is TranscendentDoflaMihawk is TranscendentDoflaMihawk is TranscendentDoflaMihawk is TranscendentDoflaMihawk is TranscendentDoflaMihawk is TranscendentDoflaMihawk is TranscendentDoflaMihawk is TranscendentDoflaMihawk is TranscendentDoflaMihawk is TranscendentDoflaMihawk is Transcendent

Dragon's not the only one who cares about Luffy.

It would be: Dragon and the Revos, Shanks and his crew, Ace and his division (possibly the entire WB Pirates) and Garp vs the Marines.

In other words; the Marines are f*cked.

DoflaMihawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:27 AM   #8
Canute87
Bomb Ahead

Canute87 broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Canute87 broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Canute87 broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Canute87 broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Canute87 broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Canute87 broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Canute87 broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Canute87 broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Canute87 broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Canute87 broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Canute87 broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!

Yes he would.

Canute87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:30 AM   #9
God Movement
Admanistrator
God of Shinobi

God Movement is DivineGod Movement is DivineGod Movement is DivineGod Movement is DivineGod Movement is DivineGod Movement is DivineGod Movement is DivineGod Movement is DivineGod Movement is DivineGod Movement is DivineGod Movement is Divine

He'd take down 25 Admirals and 100 Vice Admirals.

God Movement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:34 AM   #10
Marcellina
♥~Kawai as Fuck~♥
Sith Lord

Marcellina is making a note here: HUGE SUCCESSMarcellina is making a note here: HUGE SUCCESSMarcellina is making a note here: HUGE SUCCESSMarcellina is making a note here: HUGE SUCCESSMarcellina is making a note here: HUGE SUCCESSMarcellina is making a note here: HUGE SUCCESSMarcellina is making a note here: HUGE SUCCESSMarcellina is making a note here: HUGE SUCCESSMarcellina is making a note here: HUGE SUCCESSMarcellina is making a note here: HUGE SUCCESSMarcellina is making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS
Send a message via Skype™ to Marcellina

when ivankov thought ace was dragons son she implied that he would've went to save him and that it would make no sense to piss off both whitebeard and dragon lol so yes dragon would go to save luffy

Marcellina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:49 AM   #11
Raid3r2010
Champion Of The OP 5th TourneY
Legendary Ninja

Raid3r2010 is a guardian of the faithRaid3r2010 is a guardian of the faithRaid3r2010 is a guardian of the faithRaid3r2010 is a guardian of the faithRaid3r2010 is a guardian of the faithRaid3r2010 is a guardian of the faithRaid3r2010 is a guardian of the faithRaid3r2010 is a guardian of the faithRaid3r2010 is a guardian of the faithRaid3r2010 is a guardian of the faithRaid3r2010 is a guardian of the faith

He cared about Luffy during the Logue Town arc so yeah ... who knows ? Dragon might be the current strongest man in the world.I dare to say noone have better hype than him.

Son of Garp,father of future PK.Yeah ...

Raid3r2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:49 AM   #12
Pimp of Pimps
But prostitute to all

Pimp of Pimps est le sans pareilPimp of Pimps est le sans pareilPimp of Pimps est le sans pareilPimp of Pimps est le sans pareilPimp of Pimps est le sans pareilPimp of Pimps est le sans pareilPimp of Pimps est le sans pareilPimp of Pimps est le sans pareilPimp of Pimps est le sans pareilPimp of Pimps est le sans pareilPimp of Pimps est le sans pareil
Send a message via MSN to Pimp of Pimps

I think he would. Yeah, he didn't go to save Ace but also consider that he probably never even met Ace before. He had no connection to Ace.

Pimp of Pimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:41 AM   #13
Blunt

Blunt ist ein ÜbermenschBlunt ist ein ÜbermenschBlunt ist ein ÜbermenschBlunt ist ein ÜbermenschBlunt ist ein ÜbermenschBlunt ist ein ÜbermenschBlunt ist ein ÜbermenschBlunt ist ein ÜbermenschBlunt ist ein ÜbermenschBlunt ist ein ÜbermenschBlunt ist ein Übermensch

There's no need for the entire Revolutionary Army to tag along. All he has to do is swoop in with his Wind Wind no Mi and save Luffy

Blunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:56 AM   #14
Jon Stark
Taking a break.

Jon Stark is EternalJon Stark is EternalJon Stark is EternalJon Stark is EternalJon Stark is EternalJon Stark is EternalJon Stark is EternalJon Stark is EternalJon Stark is EternalJon Stark is EternalJon Stark is Eternal

Ivankov seemed convinced that Dragon would act on Ace's situation, thinking he was Ace's father. We know Ivankov is one of Dragon's closest lietentants, so I think this gives us a fair idea.

Dragon might not respond how Whitebeard did, but he would respond somehow.

Jon Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 03:38 PM   #15
Battousai
MangSlayer
Kage

Battousai has disabled reputation

Kung Fu dugongs will come too WG is totally fucked

Battousai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:30 PM   #16
Admiral Kuzan
Former Marine Admiral
Chuunin

Admiral Kuzan is a paragon of hopeAdmiral Kuzan is a paragon of hopeAdmiral Kuzan is a paragon of hopeAdmiral Kuzan is a paragon of hopeAdmiral Kuzan is a paragon of hopeAdmiral Kuzan is a paragon of hopeAdmiral Kuzan is a paragon of hopeAdmiral Kuzan is a paragon of hopeAdmiral Kuzan is a paragon of hopeAdmiral Kuzan is a paragon of hopeAdmiral Kuzan is a paragon of hope

The WG isn't stupid enough to publicly execute Luffy, if they know how many connections he had there is no way they would risk it. They would just send him to ID level 5 or 6, and Ace, a couple WB commanders, and some allies of Dragon would try to save him and ID would get fucked up.

Admiral Kuzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:48 PM   #17
MYJC
Master debater
Legendary Ninja

MYJC is AscendantMYJC is AscendantMYJC is AscendantMYJC is AscendantMYJC is AscendantMYJC is AscendantMYJC is AscendantMYJC is AscendantMYJC is AscendantMYJC is AscendantMYJC is Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
Dragon's not the only one who cares about Luffy.

It would be: Dragon and the Revos, Shanks and his crew, Ace and his division (possibly the entire WB Pirates) and Garp vs the Marines.

In other words; the Marines are f*cked.
Everybody that happened to like Luffy wouldn't come out and save him.

We already saw that Garp didn't try to save Ace, there's no reason to think he'd act any differently if it was Luffy. Garp would be sad, but he would NOT try to interfere. Like he said, Luffy chose to be a pirate.

Shanks isn't the type of person to baby Luffy and interfere with his adventure. In fact Luffy would resent being babysat by Shanks and I'm sure Shanks knows it. I don't think he'd interfere.

Dragon is hard to say. I'm sure he'd want to save his son but I don't think committing the entire Revolutionary Army to something like that would fly. After all, he's trying to liberate the world from the corrupt world government. I'm not sure the Revolutionaries would appreciate Dragon taking a chance on messing all that up just to save his knucklehead pirate son.

Ace would definitely try to rescue Luffy, however I don't think it would be the entire Whitebeard pirates. I don't see the old man going to war to rescue someone he doesn't even know. Obviously Ace would try to rescue Luffy regardless, so I could see WB letting him take the 2nd division, but that's about it.

MYJC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:56 PM   #18
Marcellina
♥~Kawai as Fuck~♥
Sith Lord

Marcellina is making a note here: HUGE SUCCESSMarcellina is making a note here: HUGE SUCCESSMarcellina is making a note here: HUGE SUCCESSMarcellina is making a note here: HUGE SUCCESSMarcellina is making a note here: HUGE SUCCESSMarcellina is making a note here: HUGE SUCCESSMarcellina is making a note here: HUGE SUCCESSMarcellina is making a note here: HUGE SUCCESSMarcellina is making a note here: HUGE SUCCESSMarcellina is making a note here: HUGE SUCCESSMarcellina is making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS
Send a message via Skype™ to Marcellina

It's still his son though with garp he'd still have ace as a grandson but dragon would lose his only child unless he has other kids out there we don't know of.

also inb4 close this thread is old as hell...

Marcellina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:02 PM   #19
Gunners

Gunners is EternalGunners is EternalGunners is EternalGunners is EternalGunners is EternalGunners is EternalGunners is EternalGunners is EternalGunners is EternalGunners is EternalGunners is Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYJC View Post
Everybody that happened to like Luffy wouldn't come out and save him.

We already saw that Garp didn't try to save Ace, there's no reason to think he'd act any differently if it was Luffy. Garp would be sad, but he would NOT try to interfere. Like he said, Luffy chose to be a pirate.

Shanks isn't the type of person to baby Luffy and interfere with his adventure. In fact Luffy would resent being babysat by Shanks and I'm sure Shanks knows it. I don't think he'd interfere.

Dragon is hard to say. I'm sure he'd want to save his son but I don't think committing the entire Revolutionary Army to something like that would fly. After all, he's trying to liberate the world from the corrupt world government. I'm not sure the Revolutionaries would appreciate Dragon taking a chance on messing all that up just to save his knucklehead pirate son.

Ace would definitely try to rescue Luffy, however I don't think it would be the entire Whitebeard pirates. I don't see the old man going to war to rescue someone he doesn't even know. Obviously Ace would try to rescue Luffy regardless, so I could see WB letting him take the 2nd division, but that's about it.
It's like people overlook the very first lesson Shanks taught Luffy, it was a lesson in humility in case you forgot. He wouldn't leave him to die because his pride would be stung over him getting involved in his adventure.

Dragon is not difficult to say. Someone who was close to him believe that he'd go to Marine Ford because the WG had his son, Ivonkov has seen far more of the character than readers who have only seen a few images of him looking like a badass and maybe a few choice sentences. You're also overlooking what forsaking his son would do for his cause.

Gunners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:18 PM   #20
Wrath
Mourning
God of Shinobi

Wrath is DivineWrath is DivineWrath is DivineWrath is DivineWrath is DivineWrath is DivineWrath is DivineWrath is DivineWrath is DivineWrath is DivineWrath is Divine
Send a message via AIM to Wrath Send a message via MSN to Wrath

Dragon probably would have been able to spring Luffy from ID.

Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote