Dreamcast emulator for Mac OSX?!! - Naruto Forums
  • Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Konoha Mall > Tech Hub

Old 02-03-2006, 07:31 PM   #1
Naqada
Griffith wants your ass
Academy Student

Naqada has a brilliant futureNaqada has a brilliant futureNaqada has a brilliant futureNaqada has a brilliant futureNaqada has a brilliant futureNaqada has a brilliant futureNaqada has a brilliant futureNaqada has a brilliant futureNaqada has a brilliant futureNaqada has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Naqada
Unhappy Dreamcast emulator for Mac OSX?!!

*points at title* Does anyone know of one?! I just downloaded the Dreamcast Berserk game and well... I really want to play it. AID!

And if they don't exist... does anyone know of a PC one? I am just that desperate.

Naqada is offline   Reply With Quote
NarutoForums

Old 02-03-2006, 09:50 PM   #2
JAPPO
Orochimaru's Reincarnation
Examiner

JAPPO is a guardian of the faithJAPPO is a guardian of the faithJAPPO is a guardian of the faithJAPPO is a guardian of the faithJAPPO is a guardian of the faithJAPPO is a guardian of the faithJAPPO is a guardian of the faithJAPPO is a guardian of the faithJAPPO is a guardian of the faithJAPPO is a guardian of the faithJAPPO is a guardian of the faith

Dont think so. Buy the console they are $30.00 or less now.

JAPPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 04:15 PM   #3
Naqada
Griffith wants your ass
Academy Student

Naqada has a brilliant futureNaqada has a brilliant futureNaqada has a brilliant futureNaqada has a brilliant futureNaqada has a brilliant futureNaqada has a brilliant futureNaqada has a brilliant futureNaqada has a brilliant futureNaqada has a brilliant futureNaqada has a brilliant future

I heard that they are rare and expensive now since they have been discontinued....

Old 02-04-2006, 04:55 PM   #4
Hagane no Renkinjutsushi
Nigga, fuck yo couch!
Chuunin

Hagane no Renkinjutsushi has much to be proud ofHagane no Renkinjutsushi has much to be proud ofHagane no Renkinjutsushi has much to be proud ofHagane no Renkinjutsushi has much to be proud ofHagane no Renkinjutsushi has much to be proud ofHagane no Renkinjutsushi has much to be proud of

Dreamcast System + 7 Games + 2 Guns only $21.50 on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dreamcast-System...QQcmdZViewItem

Hagane no Renkinjutsushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 05:04 PM   #5
Gunners

Gunners is EternalGunners is EternalGunners is EternalGunners is EternalGunners is EternalGunners is EternalGunners is EternalGunners is EternalGunners is EternalGunners is EternalGunners is Eternal

http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/dreamcast/

I think that should work, me i have a dreamcast, personally i would buy one.

Gunners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 11:30 AM   #6
Naqada
Griffith wants your ass
Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunners
http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/dreamcast/

I think that should work, me i have a dreamcast, personally i would buy one.

I already found that page but I need an emulator for MAC. Oh well...

And I don't think I'll buy one... Because then I'd have to find the Berserk game and actually buy it and all that crap and I seriously don't feel like spending so much money on a dreamcast I'll play once for one game. *Tear*

Old 02-05-2006, 11:38 AM   #7
Gunners

Gunners is EternalGunners is EternalGunners is EternalGunners is EternalGunners is EternalGunners is EternalGunners is EternalGunners is EternalGunners is EternalGunners is EternalGunners is Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naqada
I already found that page but I need an emulator for MAC. Oh well...

And I don't think I'll buy one... Because then I'd have to find the Berserk game and actually buy it and all that crap and I seriously don't feel like spending so much money on a dreamcast I'll play once for one game. *Tear*

No, you could get a disk on line to play burned games, and make a disk of the game.

I dont know where to get mac emulators, dont use that opperating systom.

Gunners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 07:20 PM   #8
Naqada
Griffith wants your ass
Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunners
I dont know where to get mac emulators, dont use that opperating systom.
*hugs mac dearly* My windows died, because it sucked. I have nothing but my sweet wee mac. So I guess I am basically out of luck...

Old 02-14-2006, 12:27 PM   #9
CrazyMoronX
Old Man

CrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is Eternal
Send a message via MSN to CrazyMoronX

This is how the emulation world works:

SNES > PC > Consoles > Everything Else > Macs.

So, chances are nobody is even making a Dreamcast emulator for a mac. Sad, but true. Emulation revolves moslty around SNES, and after that it revolves mostly around putting the emulation on the PC, or now days OTHER consoles.

CrazyMoronX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 08:02 PM   #10
JAPPO
Orochimaru's Reincarnation
Examiner

JAPPO is a guardian of the faithJAPPO is a guardian of the faithJAPPO is a guardian of the faithJAPPO is a guardian of the faithJAPPO is a guardian of the faithJAPPO is a guardian of the faithJAPPO is a guardian of the faithJAPPO is a guardian of the faithJAPPO is a guardian of the faithJAPPO is a guardian of the faithJAPPO is a guardian of the faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagane no Renkinjutsushi
Dreamcast System + 7 Games + 2 Guns only $21.50 on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dreamcast-System...QQcmdZViewItem
See?? not a bad deal! I was at Ebgames and saw one for 40.00 with 2 games (Canadian money) but thats even better.

JAPPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 03:50 PM   #11
Vegitto-kun
HOMUHOMUHOMU
God of Shinobi

Vegitto-kun is ElysianVegitto-kun is ElysianVegitto-kun is ElysianVegitto-kun is ElysianVegitto-kun is ElysianVegitto-kun is ElysianVegitto-kun is ElysianVegitto-kun is ElysianVegitto-kun is ElysianVegitto-kun is ElysianVegitto-kun is Elysian
Send a message via MSN to Vegitto-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naqada View Post
*hugs mac dearly* My windows died, because it sucked. I have nothing but my sweet wee mac. So I guess I am basically out of luck...
macs are overrated POS

and yes I have a macbook pro 17 inch unibody

Vegitto-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:37 AM   #12
Retr0rob
Academy Student

Retr0rob should be left alone; it bites
Default For goodness sake

To preserve the sanity of anyone who may run into this thread...
LXDream is the Dreamcast emulator for OSX. Not my favorite emu, but it's there. Chankast has also been rumored to run through Darwine. I would imagine if you have a newer model Intel Mac it will run OK, but the intel video based ones will probably be as bad as they would be in Windows.

A quick note to some of you who responded here. Some of you did a great job and gave an "I don't know" and pointed him in the right direction. But some of you "acted" like experts and gave definite - but wrong answers. Responding with the wrong answer out of arrogance and ignorance is worse than just saying nothing. In the future you will be a better tech if you avoid off-the cuff answers... and do some research.

Retr0rob is offline   Reply With Quote